Bosma Murder Trial 05.25.16 - Day 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 32s33 seconds ago
#Bosma jury back. Still discussing trip down his driveway. 3 in his truck. Millard driving, Smich behind Bosma in psgr seat

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13s14 seconds ago
Fraser asks if Smich observed any nervousness or unease on #Bosma's part when he got into the truck that night. Smich says no sir.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 49s50 seconds ago
Jury back. Fraser cont questioning leaving Bosma home. @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s48 seconds ago
Fraser asks about #Bosma truck leaving for test drive. Millard driving, Bosma in passenger seat, Smich in back. Was Bosma nervous? Agitated?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
Fraser asks, when they are still in the driveway, if there was any discussion between he and Mr. #Bosma. Smich says no.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 12s12 seconds ago
Fraser asks if Tim was nervous? Agitated? MS. "No" Fraser asks if their conversation. "No. " may have been w DM. He cldnt hear. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5s5 seconds ago
Smich says #TimBosma did not look ill at ease while in the truck in driveway. Smich & Bosma didn't speak. Millard & Bosma maybe, he says

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Smich answers no. Smich says he doesn't talk to #Bosma. Millard and Bosma talking? "There may have been. I wasn't in the truck long enough."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Fraser asks about #Bosma and Millard. Smich says he's not sure, wasn't in the truck long enough to hear.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
Fraser suggests that while Smich was in that truck he would've been listening for any exchange. He agrees.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 32s33 seconds ago
Wasn't Smich listening to the conversation? Yes. Fair to say Smich was hanging back in shadows & sketchy? "I was scoping out," he says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Fraser asks if the description of him that night as "sketchy" is fair. Smich says he was there scoping out. Says it's someone else's opinion

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s12 seconds ago
Fraser asking if Smich was behaving in a "sketchy" way? Smich: "Well, I was scoping out..." Leave driveway, Millard pumps brakes.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 30s30 seconds ago
Fraser asks him if "sketchy" is a fair way to describe him that night. Smich says "I was scoping out so.." He appears to trail off. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 26s26 seconds ago
When they leave the #Bosma driveway, Millard slams on brakes and says he got a msg from (fictional) friend who couldn't find Tim Hortons

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
As they leave driveway, Fraser says, Smich has said Millard pulled out phone/referenced fictional text about friend around the corner.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s44 seconds ago
Millard gets "text" from fictional friend who went to find Tim Hortons. Smich now knows something is "different" about plan.

Anybody care to define what "scoping out" means? vs "sketchy"?

I guess it was very uncomfortable at the hangar around AJ and SS for MS and DM. And SS and his wife conveniently got new cell phones on May 7th and I recall people thinking at the time it was just a coincidence. MS gets rid of his SIM cards and shuts off his phone within 3 minutes of the burner phone being shut off on the night TB was murdered and some people think that's a coincidence too?

All MOO.

Ya that was no coincidence IMO. SS knows and was involved with way more and knows way then what he lets onto.MOO

Before or after MS got out of the RAM? TB would have to have gotten out of the RAM to let MS out ... then TB gets back into the RAM and they shut the vehicle door and then shoot him??? That makes no sense.

Doesn't the truck have four doors? Yes it does image.jpeg

Millard texts at 11:42 am: "Shane & Art came into work, they are busy, haven't talked to em yet."
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Fraser says this shows Smich and Millard knew those two "were a problem" and they had to be talked to before the police got involved.
by Adam Carter 12:42 PM

"You and Mr. Millard had discussed the need to muzzle Art Jennings and Shane Schlatman. It didn't work -- Art Jennings went to Crime Stoppers, and that's why he got fired," Fraser says.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

Dunno if it helps to get technical over U-turns and 3-point turns, but TB's truck would NOT be able to do an actual U-turn on Book Rd. I went to the exact area to check it out and I had to pull a rather strained 3-point turn in my little Jetta. It's a very narrow road with ditches and roughage on either side.

Also, the farmer's field driveway is only one lane wide. The Yukon and TB's pickup would not be able to drive in side by side. I.e. the Yukon would have had to be parked back a ways into the driveway/field in order for them to pull TB's truck in later. Here's a screenshot for reference:

View attachment 95320

I've wondered about the ability for Tim's truck to have pulled a u-turn on Book. It does look too narrow for that.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
Fraser asks if Smich is trying to avoid Millard, why he is calling and texting him? Smich says he wanted to know what was going on. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
If Smich was trying to avoid Millard, why was he calling and texting so much? "I was trying to figure out what was going on," Smich says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
"It's not s complete avoid because that would raise suspicion," Smich says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
If Smich was trying to avoid Millard, why did he keep texting him? Smich: "It's not a complete avoid because that would raise suspicion."

"The way to avoid is engage? That's your evidence?" Fraser asks. Smich says it would have been odd if he'd stopped all communication.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich insists he was trying to avoid Millard. "Is that how you avoid, is to engage?" Fraser asks. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
At 9:35am on May 10, Smich texts "let me kno how everything goes with that there." Fraser asks what he's referring to. #Bosma

9:36 a.m. May 10, Smich texts to Millard: "Let me know how everything goes with that there." Says it's reference to hangar, truck, trailer.

Smich says it was about what was going on at the hangar (in response to Millard's earlier text about his meeting). #Bosma

9:30am May 10 Smich-Millard, "Let me kno how everything goes with that there." Smich says it had to do with truck at hangar

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Smich says Millard had a feeling Art Jennings had called police on him, and that's why he moved the truck out. #Bosma

Smich says Millard thought Arthur Jennings called police on him. Crown: "Art Jennings vomited when he saw that VIN number."

Fraser tells Smich that Art Jennings vomited when he found out that was #Bosma's truck in the hangar.

Jennings called Crime Stoppers, says Crown. Smich was again "reaching out to Mr. Millard."

Art Jennings called Crimestoppers with VIN to confirm that the truck in the hangar was #TimBosma's, Fraser recalls.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s47 seconds ago
Smich calls him around 11:18 that morning. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Fraser shows Smich how he called Millard at 1118 am on May 10. He texted him at 12:20 and 1221. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
20 mins later Millard texts him: "doing accounting at hangar. Shane & Art came into work, they are busy. Haven't talked to him yet." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 56s57 seconds ago
Fraser says this shows Smich and Millard knew those two "were a problem" and they had to be talked to before the police got involved. #Bosma

Text from Millard saying Shane and Art were in hangar, but Millard hadn't spoken to them yet.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Crown: Smich and Millard discussed need to "muzzle" Art and that's why he got fired.

Fraser says it shows Millard and Smich talked of need to muzzle Shane and Art. Art called Crimestoppers so he got fired. #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 56s56 seconds ago
Millard texts back about art and Shane "they are busy, haven't talked to em yet" Fraser suggests Smich knew they were a problem. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s49 seconds ago
Fraser suggests the two of them had discussed the need to "muzzle" Jennings, which is why he got fired. #Bosma

Smich later texts: "Check squishy soon." Squishy is Isho, the gun dealer. "Ima link him today." Fraser says he wanted to talk to him about getting rid of the gun. "That's not what the conversation was about," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 12:44 PM

"Isho is a gun guy -- why are you reaching out to Isho at this precise time?" Fraser says. Smich says he knows him as a drug dealer, not a gun guy.
by Adam Carter 12:45 PM

Smich says he wasn't there when Isho sold a gun to Millard, so he "can't say for sure" that's how it happened.
by Adam Carter 12:47 PM

Later, around 12:20pm Smich writes "check squishy soon ttyl...ima link him today." #Bosma

12:20pm Smich-Millard "check squishy soon ttyl. Ima link him today." Smich agrees "squishy" is gun dealer Iisho.

Smich texts about "squishy" he agrees with Fraser that it's another name for isho. #TimBosma

Fraser suggests Squishy is Isho. Smich agrees. He suggests Smich knew Isho could help them get rid of the gun. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s54 seconds ago
Smich text to Millard 12:20 pm May 10: "Check squishy soon ttyl..Ima link him today." Crown says that's reference to Isho and dumping gun.

Smich says Isho was not his gun guy. "He was 'a' gun guy, let's go with that," Fraser says. #Bosma

Smich stammers. Crown: "You don't know what to say."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser suggests Smich wanted to reach "gun guy" to get rid of murder weapon. "Like I said, uh.." You don't know what to say, Fraser says

Fraser asks why he would tell Millard in the middle of all this that he's reaching out to Isho. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 51s52 seconds ago
Crown: Why are you telling DM in the midst of all this that you're reaching out to Isho? The gun guy?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s47 seconds ago
Smich says he thinks the first message is him telling Millard to contact Isho, and the second is him saying he's going to. #Bosma

Why else would Smich be telling Millard about reaching out to Iisho? At that precise time Fri May 10? "Sir, I never said he's a gun guy."

Why are you reaching out to isho? Fraser asks. Smich stumbling through his answer. He's avoiding the question. #TimBosma

Smich: "Sir, I never said that he's a gun guy. He's a drug dealer, that's how I know him." Crown says Isho sold gun to Millard.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
Fraser says he understands that. Asks what, on May 10, Isho could do for him and Dellen Millard. #Bosma

You knew he sold a Walther to your best friend, Fraser says. Smich says he didn't know how Millard got the gun. He just took a pic of it.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s45 seconds ago
Smich says he knew Isho as a drug dealer, not a "gun guy." He says he wasn't there when Millard bought a gun from him. #Bosma

Doesn't the truck have four doors? Yes it does
attachment.php

So it does. I was comparing TB's RAM with my mom's old truck that had 2 doors but it had seats behind the 2 front seats and you had to get out to let someone sit in behind you in the truck or get out of the truck. I had forgotten the RAM had 4 doors.

Fraser says Smich knew Isho sold the gun to Millard. Smich says "that's what he understands" but he "was not present."
by Adam Carter 12:47 PM

In the afternoon, Millard calls Smich. Smich later texts "didnt see. Just reach me."
by Adam Carter 12:48 PM

Fraser says on that call, Millard says that the police visited, and "things are looking bad." Smich says he doesn't recall the conversation.
by Adam Carter 12:49 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s44 seconds ago
Crown going back over the gun evidence. Are you saying that until you saw texts in court you didn't know Isho sold gun to Millard?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s52 seconds ago
"I was not there when that happened so I could not say for sure," Smich says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s50 seconds ago
Fraser suggests he knew about that "as a stone cold fact" by the time he took a photo with the gun. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Fraser suggests Smich knew Millard bought the gun from Isho. Smich avoiding the question repeatedly.

Smich says wasn't there when Millard bought gun. Fraser says it doesn't matter. When Smich took photo of gun, he knew Isho sold it to Dell.

Smich stammers. Eventually agrees, but says he wasn't present. #Bosma

When he took the pic of the gun, Smich knew Millard got gun from Iisho, Fraser says. Smich says he was not present.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 54s54 seconds ago
He caves and says "yes, but I was not present." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Fraser hammering MS whether he knew DM bought the gun from "isho' back in march 2012. Mark literally stammers. Finally says yes.

Fraser says were going to finish off May 10. Millard calls him at 3:32pm. 24 second call. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 51s52 seconds ago
3:43pm May 10, Millard calls Smich. Second call he makes after visit from @HamiltonPolice

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
Smich agrees he must've spoke to him. Fraser suggests Millard told him "Mark, it's looking bad, police were here, we gotta meet." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s50 seconds ago
Smich says that's what he was toldm wasn't there. 3:43 pm May 10, M calls S. 24 seconds long. Right after @HamiltonPolice visited hangar.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 44s44 seconds ago
Millard tells Smich it looks bad, police were there, Fraser suggests. Smich isn't sure when he learned of police visit.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Smich can't recall if he told him in that convo or after when they met up about the police visit. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
At 3:38pm Smich writes "didn't see...just reach me." Fraser suggests that's him saying he didn't see any cops around him. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Smich says yes, Millard may have asked to meet up. Text after that from Smich says "didn't see." Checking for police around him?

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
3:48pm msg Smich-Millard "didn't see. Just reach me." Does this mean he checked for police? No, Smich isn't sure about context.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 19s20 seconds ago
Smich says he doesn't recall what text meant.

You have to remember MS probably doesn't know the difference between a U-turn and three-point turn. The guy has never driven on the highway, according to him.

I think, in his mind, they are both the same thing. Turn around on Book to go the other way.

Even if he did know the difference, he is going to the Yukon. I am sure he wasn't paying that much attention whether it was a U or three-point. I don't think you can take his version of a U-turn literally. In fact, it doesn't really matter at all.

The point is MS is saying DM did not use the Bullmann laneway at all.

Fraser says that "didn't see" was Smich checking if police were around him. Smich says he can't put it into context.
by Adam Carter 12:50 PM

"You are the last person he talked to before he was arrested ... and you spoke to him for 50 minutes," Fraser says. Smich says yes, but he doesn't know how long it was. Smich says Brendan Daly was also there -- Fraser says Daly didn't ever say that.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

Fraser says that's when the two discussed "what do we do with the murder weapon and the stuff at Maple Gate."
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

Smich says no. Fraser says we can't know, because Smich can't "remember a single thing about that conversation."
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Smich says they would have talked about the police being there.
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

"There is no way you did not discuss with Mr. Millard exactly what you did in the hours following his arrest, which was to get the murder weapon ... and the drugs out of the house." Fraser says. "You can agree or you can disagree with that. Your call." Smich says "I disagree."
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 40s40 seconds ago
Fraser suggests a text in May 10 "didn't see" is a reference to the police are not around. "No sir" Smich says. #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17s17 seconds ago
Smich also says he can't recall what he meant by that text. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Oops it was 3:43 that Millard called Smich. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
At 3:48pm Smich writes "didn't see...just reach me." Fraser suggests that's him saying he didn't see any cops around him. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 31s31 seconds ago
Smich was the last person Millard spoke to before his arrest on Cawthra road, they spoke 50 minutes.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s44 seconds ago
Crown says Dell knew there was big problem after police came to hangar. Smich was last person Millard saw for 50 minutes before his arrest.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 35s35 seconds ago
Fraser says "you were the last person Dellen Millard spoke to before he was arrested." The conversation lasted 50 minutes. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 47s48 seconds ago
Brandon Daly was with me, Smich says. But Brendan Daly didn't say that on the stand, Fraser says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s59 seconds ago
Smich texts Millard at 4pm. "Ima round the block."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 46s46 seconds ago
Fraser suggests the two of them had "business to discuss." And that Smich was the last person Millard saw in person before he was arrested.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Smich says Brendan Daly let Millard into Elizabeth's apartment building. Millard and Smich talk and it's "extremely crucial," says Crown.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s57 seconds ago
"The two of you had business to discuss. It was crucial, what do we do with murder weapon and stuff at Maple Gate?" Fraser suggests.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s43 seconds ago
Smich says Brendan Daly let him into the apt building that day. Fraser says it doesn't matter, he could've been on balcony during discussion

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
Millard told Smich to get the gun and the drugs during that visit, Fraser suggests. Smich disagrees

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s54 seconds ago
Millard was there 50 minutes (he was being tailed by police by this time).

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 48s49 seconds ago
Fraser points out "you can't remember a single thing about what you discussed" even though "you're Canada's most wanted." #TimBosma

usan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 46s47 seconds ago
Crown says Millard told Smich if he gets arrested, Smich needs to get drugs and toolbox out of house.

"The conversation wasn't in great detail because Brandon Daly was there," Smich maintains.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s58 seconds ago
Fraser says Smich can't recall what they talked about during that meet up. Smich says Millard told him he was going to see a lawyer. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Smich says no. Millard said he was going to get lawyer. Michalski testified Smich wanted drugs/toolbox out of house. Smich says only drugs.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 59s59 seconds ago
Michalski testified that Smich asked for both the drugs and the "thing" that Matt Hagerman had. The gun.Smich disagrees with their testimony

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 59s59 seconds ago
Fraser says Andrew Michalski said again that Smich told him to get the "thing" Hagerman had. Smich says no, only asked for drugs. #Bosma

Fraser says that "didn't see" was Smich checking if police were around him. Smich says he can't put it into context.
by Adam Carter 12:50 PM

"You are the last person he talked to before he was arrested ... and you spoke to him for 50 minutes," Fraser says. Smich says yes, but he doesn't know how long it was. Smich says Brendan Daly was also there -- Fraser says Daly didn't ever say that.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

Fraser says that's when the two discussed "what do we do with the murder weapon and the stuff at Maple Gate."
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

If BD was there when DM was there - why are we not hearing from BD what was discussed in that 50 minute visit??

MS' testimony is quite laughable at this point. Nothing he is saying makes any sense. I am all for him going down for this but I remain baffled that he and his lawyer thought they were smart enough to put him on the stand to counter Crown's questions.

I think TD always knew MS had nothing to lose. I think he was always going to get first-degree even if he didn't testify IMO.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser points out Michalski said "mark wanted the drugs and wanted the toolbox." Smich says he got it wrong. He's stammering. #Bosma

"There is no way you did not discuss with Mr Millard exactly what you did in the hours before his arrest. Get drugs and murder weapon."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s46 seconds ago
"I disagree," Smich says. #Bosma lunch break.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Crown: "There is no way you did not discuss with Mr. Millard exactly what you did in the hours following his arrest."

Fraser says there is "no way" he didn't discuss with Millard what he then did in the hours following his arrest. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 55s55 seconds ago
ie get the murder weapon and drugs out of house. "You can agree or disagree. Your call." Smich: "I disagree."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 49s49 seconds ago
"You can agree or disagree, your call," Fraser says.
"Disagree," Smich says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s38 seconds ago
Taking the lunch break. Back at 2:10pm. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads