Bosma Murder Trial 05.31.16 - Day 56 - Closing Arguments Begin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure I believe whole Caddy crap. MS didn't have a driver's license but was going to drive an eye sore Caddy across Canada? LOL Ok!

More importantly he was going to drive a Caddy to Calgary ... and then what? He would need to, at some point, get it registered. Not a chance of getting it registered without a proof of purchase and drivers license.

Umm, didn't he draw a BOX frame around it and doodle over the lower case to be capital letters? I'd say that is trying to conceal. Just he was so self absorbed he couldn't cover it over with a differnt word.

ETA: Sorry if this was said, just trying to get caught up.

I don't believe it was ever suggested in court that he drew a box around his tattoo or magically changed the tiny lowercase letters to large capital letters, do you have a link for this, maybe I missed it?

Pillay says the intention was to come back at a later date and steal, under the cover of darkness.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

Pillay now says that the fact that there was no plans from Millard to clear his schedule show that he wasn't going to commit a murder. "If you plan on committing a murder on May 6, he would have cleared his schedule," to clean up, Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

Pillay now showing texts where Millard is making plans for the days after May 6. He didn't end up doing those things.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

First, he didn't live by a schedule. That's been proven.
Second, many people who kill try to have an alibi and act normal to cover up.
Third, he hoped to murder outside the vehicle. Never counted on a long process of cleanup.

Was anyone here at WS in court today? If so, is it difficult to get in, is it worth a try to attend?

Not sure if this was responded to yet, but yes I was there and have been a handful of times now. Today was actually rather empty, the least busy that I've seen it. Show up at 8:30am when doors open and expect to wait until they let you into the court room which is usually not until 15 minutes before it all starts. Worth going IMO

"Surely he would know that on May 7, his day would be completely occupied," Pillay says, after showing plans to meet with someone on that day.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

On the morning of May 10, Millard had an important meeting with an accountant at the hangar -- that meeting happened.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Two Hamilton police officers visited the hangar that day and saw Millard in that meeting. "Why would Mr. Millard plan a murder earlier in the week?"
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Just shows how creepily he compartmentalizes his activities and thoughts.

Did anyone hear anything surprising today? Does anyone believe that Pillay's close helped DM one iota?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I think it could create reasonable doubt in the jurors, I found it to be a very reasonable explanation. I find it to be more reasonable than MS's version of events. A robbery gone wrong is far more likely in my opinion, when I consider sloppy clean up after the fact, but I've thought that for a long time.

First, he didn't live by a schedule. That's been proven.
Second, many people who kill try to have an alibi and act normal to cover up.
Third, he hoped to murder outside the vehicle. Never counted on a long process of cleanup.

IMO DM didn't care if the shooting happened in or out of the truck. The bottom line is that he was in it for the engine ... he didn't care about the interior. At the end of the day he was going to strip the interior and add leather seats as he has done with all of his trucks ...

"Had Mr. Millard planned to commit a murder on May 6 as the Crown says ... he would have cleared his schedule. He would have given himself the time and space to ensure a proper exit plan could unfold."
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Pillay says that Millard also didn't try to conceal the Eliminator.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

"Wouldn't Mr. Millard have built a closed trailer for it?" Pillay says. "Shane could have fashioned a trailer to conceal it from plain view."
by Adam Carter 10:29 AM

ah, because it's illegal to enclose propane and to have hot things in risk of combustibility.

Can you enlighten me as to how it was confirmed today? I must have missed that part. TY

Here is a tweet from Susan Clairmont ... She is repeating what Pillay said in his close.

49e50c4e3385281e45b139e709382b9b.jpg

"Opting to build an open trailer makes no sense at all" if Millard was planning to use it to incinerate a body," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 10:30 AM

Pillay says Millard also could have put a tarp on the device to hide it from plain view, but didn't.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

"If this was a planned and deliberate murder, why not have a tarp?" Pillay says. "It would most certainly occur to the calculated murderer."
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

bbm Maybe because he was short on tarps?

Pillay says this is the same man who wouldn't drive with a suspended licence, so he wouldn't have driven around with the incinerator uncovered.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

Pillay now talking about how attached Millard was to his dog, and points out that the dog was with them on May 6.
by Adam Carter 10:33 AM

"If Mr. Millard had planned to commit a murder, he never would have brought his dog with him," Pillay says. "Why would anyone bring their dog on a planned and deliberate murder? It makes no sense."
by Adam Carter 10:35 AM

A good dog owner probably wouldn't take his dog on a test drive either.

IMO he didn't hide anything because in his mind he could just frame MS and this was his plan from day 1. MOO

How is it that all the things that have been listed for the last 3 years as sure fire reasons that DM was the guilty are now the same signs that DM was trying to MS from the beginning?

How does having the incinerator at his farm, the truck at his hanger and the trailer at his mothers house, part of an elaborate plan to frame MS from day one, out of curiousity?

Thanks, palisadesk. The insights on FAS and LD are really interesting. I've read that DM's father was quite the alcoholic, but I'm not sure about his mother. One common thing that DM and MS shared is that both of their parents divorced when they were young.

It was long believed that excessive alcohol consumption by the father was not a factor in FAS, but recent research seems to be indicating otherwise. The mechanism is different, but so far evidence points to damage to the DNA in the sperm cells caused by excessive alcohol intake, and these damaged sperm cells causing brain damage and/or physical deformities in the fetus.

Here's one link:
http://www.natureworldnews.com/arti...le-drinking-linked-fetal-alcohol-syndrome.htm

I know there's more but don't have access to the scientific database from home. Anyway folks here probably don't want a 40-pager anyway, LOL. But when I was volunteering for the John Howard Society was when I first heard of this research, because a young man I was working with, who had many FAS characteristics, was known to have an alcoholic father, while his mother, though she had some challenges of her own, had never been a drinker and hence FAS of the usual sort was not suspected in this boy. The JHS staffer in charge of the case put me onto looking into this. The research is ongoing and the difficulty will be to pinpoint what genes/chromosomes are most impacted by male alcohol consumption and what the sequelae are for the fetus.

But if DM got it from both sides, one way or another - and his mother did not need to be an alcoholic to have caused FAS in her child - it would be a double whammy. That doesn't excuse him, but it points the way towards prevention (for the future) and for the necessity of secure custody for those who simply cannot, as opposed to will not, be rehabilitated.

The FAS stuff is an interesting idea. It sounds silly, but DM has a really thin upper lip, which can be a physical manifestation of FAS. And that's about all the expertise I have on that. :)

Curious, does anyone think it's possible that a murder wasn't actually planned, but just happened?

If it was a hold up gone wrong and no one was to get hurt, the safety should have been on the gun. It obviously wasn't.

Yes, I believe that DM and MS are definitely comparable to Leopold and Loeb in many respects. It was a sort of game to them as well, believing they had superior intelligence and the capability to create the perfect murder.

There is nothing about this that says they were following what they thought was a plan for a perfect murder, in my opinion.

So somebody gets shot accidentally, and your first thought is lets get the incinerator? Clearly planned, no accident happened.

Not sure if this was responded to yet, but yes I was there and have been a handful of times now. Today was actually rather empty, the least busy that I've seen it. Show up at 8:30am when doors open and expect to wait until they let you into the court room which is usually not until 15 minutes before it all starts. Worth going IMO

I'll bet that it will be much fuller when Leitch does his closing arguments, and also for Justice Goodman's charge, and maybe too for Dungey's close, to be able to see him in action.

Do you think that you will attend on any more days?

I am sure that it has been very interesting to attend.

Im not sure I believe whole Caddy crap. MS didn't have a driver's license but was going to drive an eye sore Caddy across Canada? LOL Ok!

Old cars are big in rap culture, and caddies are king still, from what I know.

Old cars are big in rap culture, and caddies are king still, from what I know.

That's an interesting point. Still, the argument was that he was desperate to get to Calgary in it. Which is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb