Bosma Murder Trial 06.1.16 - Day 57 - Closing Arguments Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Dungey is good. He's making strong arguments to put all the blame on DM and make MS look like a poor little two bit weed dealer who doesn't kill. BTW, I don't disagree with most of what Dungey is saying about DM. The problem is, although he's much more animated and entertaining to listen to, he still has not persuaded me to see MS as anything other than DM's willing accomplice. He can use all the razzmatazz he can pull out, but I did not believe MS's testimony. It will be interesting to see how he addresses the whole "burying of the gun" scenario.

Eager and willing accomplice, yes; oblivious, no.

Dungey now reading from a letter where Millard says he's "not certain what defence I will use."
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

"We need to get our stories straight," Millard writes in another letter that Dungey reads out.
by Adam Carter 3:15 PM

"I deserve you and you deserve me, he says in one note. Well, there's no doubt about that," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 3:16 PM

Haha...:)
The tweets really cut some important parts right out/hard to read context. What I recall Dungey illustrating, is that If DMs scenario was true and MS unbeknownst to DM brought a gun and accidently killed DM, DM hypothetically could have tried to calm down MS, said its ok, I'll hire you the best lawyers, we'll do the right thing, etc...... Instead of an innocent person (DM in his own scenario) eventually incinerating TB (after driving the dead mans stolen vehicle instead of His own Yukon)

Thanks for weighing in on that!! :)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
He suggests Millard tells Noudga he wants her to be the mother of his children--yet wants her to get on the stand and purger herself.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s23 seconds ago
He says that's how much he thought about any human being. Says he was "cold hearted." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 19s19 seconds ago
In one letter, Millard isn't sure "what defence he will use." Dungey laughs -- he should only have one. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 50s51 seconds ago
Millard writes "I'm not certain what defence I will use."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5s6 seconds ago
"We need to get our stories straight," Millard writes in another letter that Dungey reads out. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
In one letter Millard writes to Noudga "to win at trial I need help." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now5 seconds ago
To win at trial I need help, Millard tells Noudga. "I deserve you and you deserve me, he tells her. I don't doubt that," Dungey says

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21s21 seconds ago
Dungey says Millard will go to any degree to get out of this. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 8s8 seconds ago
"he doesn't care about her. He doesn't care about anyone but himself."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5s5 seconds ago
Your most important role is going to be taking the stand, Millard tells Noudga in a letter. Your testimony will be what wins it. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8s9 seconds ago
Millard claims to love Noudga, but he asks her to perjure herself in court. His mother took illegal letters to Noudga. Got her involved.

I wish TD followed with, "and do you see them in court right now, standing by and supporting Millard?" Though, I'm sure that's not allowed and would only happen on TV.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s56 seconds ago
"Don't get caught," Millard tells Noudga. "Only the craftiest of coyotes will be able to avoid being caught with wit tampering or perjury."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 23s23 seconds ago
Dungey now showing how secretive Millard was telling Noudga she would need to be. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
He cites multiple portions of Millard's letters where he tells Noudga how much he loves her/asks her for help. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s48 seconds ago
"I need a direct answer on this. Can I count on your testimony?" Millard asks Noudga. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 42s43 seconds ago
"Can I count on your testimony?" Millard asks Noudga. Dungey says Noudga must be waking up to Millard's intentions at this point.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 43s43 seconds ago
Millard was waiting for disclosure to craft his defence. Are these the actions of an innocent man? Dungey asks.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Millard notes he's waiting for the disclosure before he knows what to say. "Does this sound like an innocent man?" Dungey asks. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 34s34 seconds ago
"Waiting for disclosure to come in so they can fabricate the alibi. Does this sound like an innocent man who didn't kill someone?" #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
He wants Christina to contact witnesses to have them change their testimony, says Dungey.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s42 seconds ago
Michalski is a patsy because he told police the truth, Millard tells Noudga. "He's the most important piece of the case against me."

Dungey now showing how secretive Millard was telling Noudga she would need to be.
by Adam Carter 3:18 PM

"He's waiting for disclosure to come in so they can fabricate the alibi. Does this sound like an innocent man who didn't kill someone?"
by Adam Carter 3:19 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25s26 seconds ago
Millard was going to say that Michalski was bullied by police into giving his statement, he told Noudga.

***I wonder if he'll mention that Millard also said he'd be addressing the jury himself, which he did not, and was practicing his speech? ;)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s45 seconds ago
Millard writes that Michalski must say he did not hear of any planning of any thefts of any kind.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago
The detail in the letters to Noudga is amazing, Dungey says. "If ever there were letters to destroy, these are them."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Dungey still picking little bits out of the letters. We've heard these things before now, a few times. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s41 seconds ago
Dungey says Millard's instructions to Noudga regarding witness tampering are extremely explicit.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 3m3 minutes ago
"Millard doesn't care who he goes after..." Dungey on Millard's attacks on police, crown in letters. #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8s8 seconds ago
Dungey is reading passages from letters to Noudga. Giving jurors a list of other passages they should look at again later. #Bosma

Dungey still picking little bits out of the letters. We've heard these things before now, a few times.
by Adam Carter 3:23 PM

Dungey says the letters give an insight to "look into this man's mind."
by Adam Carter 3:25 PM

"This is the mind of a man who's a killer," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 3:26 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"I think you'll find them shocking my, surprising, but you'll get a most detailed look into a man's mind," says Dungey. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey wants jury to read the letters carefully, to get insight into Millard's mind. He says they'll be shocked. "The mind of a killer."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
"This is the mind of the man who killed Mr. Bosma."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
"This is the mind of a man who's a killer," Dungey says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Dungey repeating that the letters can only be used as evidence regarding Millard, "who will manipulate everyone and anyone."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
"No one is sacrosanct (to Millard)," Dungey says--Mother, girlfriend, friends, the law. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16s16 seconds ago
No one is important to Millard, not even his mother or girlfriend, Dungey says. He dominates people. Has complete contempt for justice

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 40s40 seconds ago
"His contempt for the law, and for the courts, dominates these letters," Dungey says. #TImBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 36s36 seconds ago
"His contempt for the court dominates these letters," says Dungey.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s32 seconds ago
"His contempt for the courts, for the law, dominates these letters," Dungey says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 43s44 seconds ago
Dungey says the jailhouse letters Millard penned are "complete contempt" for the justice system. #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
"His contempt for the law and these courts are throughout his letters." says Dungey about Millard. #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s45 seconds ago
A man with all his millions, property, education. Think of the opportunities he had to achieve... something doesn't work.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 36s36 seconds ago
"Think of the opportunities. How many people in society have the opportunities" of Millard? asks Dungey, leaning in to jury.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 44s45 seconds ago
Dungey speaks so softly and so directly to jurors sometimes, the entire court is leaning in to hear. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
"He's an arrogant elitist in my opinion, that's my opinion not evidence," Dungey says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 39s40 seconds ago
Any proper functioning mind would not have gotten into a life of crime with those opportunities. "He's an arrogant elitist, IMO," Dungey say

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 38s39 seconds ago
Dungey is leaning in now and speaking quietly to the jury, then says Millard is "an arrogant elitist." #TimBosma

"His contempt for the law, and for the courts, dominates these letters," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 3:28 PM

"He's an arrogant elitist, in my opinion," Dungey says. "In my opinion, he's abbove the law, he's entitled, and no one else is of importance except him."
by Adam Carter 3:30 PM

Dungey now shows Millard's tattoos. They read: "I am heaven sent. Don't you dare forget." "I'm Millard. I can do anything. I can kill with impunity," Dungey bellows.
by Adam Carter 3:31 PM

Dungey says Smich is guilty of being an accessory after the fact. "But that's all he's guilty of."
by Adam Carter 3:32 PM

"I am asking you to return the verdict that Mark Smich is not guilty."

Dungey is now finished.

Back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.
by Adam Carter 3:33 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Dungey points to the photos of Dellen Millard's tattoos: "I am heaven sent / don't you dare forget." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Showing Millard tattoos. "I am heaven sent." That's what he thinks of himself, Dungey says. Other arm "Don't you dare forget."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
"Im Millard, I can do anything, I can kill without impunity," Dungey bellows. "That's the Dellen Millard before this court." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"I'm Millard, I can do anything. I can kill with impunity. That's the Millard before this court," Dungey says with a preacher's volume

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Up on screens, photos of Millard's tattoos: "I'm heaven sent." Next arm "Don't you dare forget."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s57 seconds ago
"I'm Millard, I can do anything. I can kill. With impugnity," shouts Dungey.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Dungey says his client is no saint. He helped destroy evidence in this case. He is guilty of that, of accessory after the fact. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s54 seconds ago
"That I suggest is all he's guilty of," Dungey says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
Dungey about Smich: "He's guilty. He's guilty of accessory after the fact. But that's all he's guilty of."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 49s49 seconds ago
Dungey yells "don't you forget! I'm Millard, I can do anything! I can kill with impunity!" #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s40 seconds ago
All Smich is guilty of is accessory after the fact, Dungey says. If the jury agrees, they must acquit. Find Mark Smich not guilty.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 43s43 seconds ago
I'm asking you to return the verdict that Mark Smich is not guilty. Dungey is done. Crown cross tomorrow at 9:30am

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
"I ask you to return that verdict. Mark Smich is not guilty. Thank you," Dungey says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
If jury agrees, "Then you must aquit. You must find Mark Smich not guilty," says Dungey...And with that, he finishes his address to jury.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
That is it for today, and for Mark Smich's defence team. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Dungey is now finished. Back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s23 seconds ago
Jury is excused for the day. Back tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. for Crown's closing address. #Bosma

:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::cupcake::loveyou:Cupcakes for the tweet team - for real!!! Thank you! lol I always imagined posting tweets was stressful and now I know for sure it is and I only did it for a few! lol Thanks for your patience awaiting A/C tweets this aft.

Recall the message to LM before he was arrested but knew LE was on to him? He said somebody at work was trying to frame him. He already had framing in mind in my view.

Sorry, I was responding to the previous poster's idea that framing MS was part of the plan all along, and, by after the fact, I meant sometime after the murder when problems arose it was then that DM got the idea to frame MS. What you posted is certainly an indication of that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Millard's tattoos, "I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget", are lyrics from a song. Seems like he should have tattooed Smich's so-called innocent lyrics instead, "My .380 iz no stranger, when I'm angered you're in danger."

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
With his lawyer done. And jury out now it is Smich who is smiling. #Bosma @CTVNews

Well after 2 days of closing arguments by both of their defense teams, I still think both are equally guilty of planning and executing a truck theft and murder that actually started in Feb of 2012, and since the trip to Baja was called off that year, it got put on the backburner until late April of 2013. Lucky for them they already had acquired the gun and had the incinerator on order (when the homemade one failed) when LB became a problem or issue for someone. That was handy wasn't it? ;)

At this point, since we're never going to get the truth out of either of them, I really don't care. They teamed up to wreak havoc on the lives of others for their own sick needs/pleasure/gain (take your pick) and both need to be removed from society to prevent it from happening again.

MOO

Well after 2 days of closing arguments by both of their defense teams, I still think both are equally guilty of planning and executing a truck theft and murder that actually started in Feb of 2012, and since the trip to Baja was called off that year, it got put on the backburner until late April of 2013. Lucky for them they already had acquired the gun and had the incinerator on order (when the homemade one failed) when LB became a problem or issue for someone. That was handy wasn't it? ;)

At this point, since we're never going to get the truth out of either of them, I really don't care. They teamed up to wreak havoc on the lives of others for their own sick needs/pleasure/gain (take your pick) and both need to be removed from society to prevent it from happening again.

MOO

:goodpost: That is the perfect summary Kamille, as usual!

Sorry if this was already said but wasn't that video remake done in June?
We have lots of farm lane ways around here, it would be difficult to see any tracks, if only one spec of glass had been found. What I did notice in the video from TB s truck was the dirt found on the inside of the tires. TB had washed the truck before the monsters came. So you wouldn't get that much dirt on a tire from being on a lane way a little bit. (Jmo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member