Bosma Murder Trial 06.2.16 - Day 58 - Closing Arguments Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leitch says it's also not believable that Smich left all the planning to Millard and didn't ask questions.
by Adam Carter 2:25 PM

"A change of clothes is necessary if you're going to kill an innocent target," Leitch says about the text where Millard tells Smich to bring a change of clothes.
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

Leitch says Bosma would have known something was wrong if they went into the field, too. "Tim Bosma would have seen there was no friend in the front seat of the Yukon."
by Adam Carter 2:28 PM

That's it for me, can someone kindly take over?

http://live.cbc.ca/Event/The_Tim_Bosma_trial_June_2

Why keep the gloves? Trophy? Plant on Smich through a friend? In theory, they burned all of the other evidence... why keep the gloves?

IMO, DM, MS & CN were all incredible slobs. Part of why DM did a poor clean-up is because he's lazy and some mistakes were made out of his sloppy habits.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 5s6 seconds ago
Marlena Meneses, too, was not lying about them "celebrating" in the truck when Smich and Millard pick her up. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
Leitch says Smich only disputes the parts of her evidence that hurt him.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich accepts all Meneses evidence about him doing nothing wrong that night. But disputes they were "celebrating" afterward.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s54 seconds ago
"You should believe her, and not him," he says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Only contradicts her evidence that hurts him. Believe Meneses' version because S has "no competing version of what was said in the Yukon."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 51s51 seconds ago
Smich only denies one thing about his girlfriend's testimony. That they were celebrating about the mission gone well morn May 7. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s50 seconds ago
Leitch says Smich never questioned Millard about the burner phone, showing their faces, the plan changing etc. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
"It's ok to show your face if you take out the witness as part of the plan," Leitch says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
Reason plan changed about hiding face was because they planned to kill the truck owner, eliminating witness.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s7 seconds ago
Change of clothes is necessary if you're going to kill, says Crown. Need to burn clothes after.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now
Millard 2x asked Smich to bring change of clothes before the test drives. But Smich told jury they were just scoping trucks.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 37s38 seconds ago
"A change of clothes is necessary if you're going to kill an innocent target," Leitch says about that text. #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s26 seconds ago
Smich testified going to scope and come back later to steal. Then changed to scope and steal that night. Brought change of clothes.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now
Leitch says Smich tried to explain bringing a change of clothes as being part of the plan to steal. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s20 seconds ago
"The change of clothes was part of the plan to kill. Not part of the plan to steal," says Crown. #Bosma

This is a very convincing closing. 2x 1st degree after five minutes of deliberation.

I'm having a hard time imagining any credible doubt, by now. Though I'm sure the defenses will pull out some wild stories.

MOO.

The defence is done. They don't get to say anything else in the trial. After today, Monday and Tuesday are the judge's charge to the jury and deliberations.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Leitch says Smich's story about Millard making up text from friend is a lie. #Bosma would've been suspicious, he says.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 57s57 seconds ago
Leitch says Bosma would have known something was wrong if they went into the field, too. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 51s51 seconds ago
#TimBosma would have known this was no test drive when they pulled up to Bullmann field. He would have been on high alert. So much was odd

Crown says if they stopped at Yukon where "friend" was parked, Tim would have seen through window there was no friend.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"Tim Bosma would have seen there was no friend in the front seat of the Yukon." #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 57s58 seconds ago
Leitch says #Bosma would've thought the night was sketchy the same way Sharlene did. The late arrival, Smich's demeanour.

#Bosma would also have thought things were odd. They came 2 hours late, awfully late for a test drive, walked up drive, etc.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Leitch says he would've been on "high alert." He would've seen there was nobody in the Yukon and would've ended the test drive. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 56s56 seconds ago
They were more than 2 hrs late. "Who comes this late to see a truck?" #TimBosma asked wife. Why didn't they park in drive when they arrived?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s29 seconds ago
"Maybe Mr #Bosma did react. Maybe he was just killed there. Well just never know," Leitch says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s50 seconds ago
At Yukon — "this just didn't happen," says Leitch. But then says maybe it did happen and #Bosma knew something was wrong and struggle

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s36 seconds ago
Leitch says Smich too would've been suspicious that this "random change of plans was going to end badly." Didn't happen. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s41 seconds ago
Maybe #TimBosma did react to the gun, Leitch says. Can't know. But we know Millard and Smich killed him in his truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s33 seconds ago
"What happened was a planned murder, probably in the at field, minutes after leaving the #Bosma driveway."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 47s48 seconds ago
Leitch says a convenient part of Smich's story is that the keys were in the cup holder. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
Leitch suggests Smich would've needed to know where the keys were before pretending to go with this friend. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
"This just doesn't make sense," Leitch says. "Again it didn't happen." #Bosma

usan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now
Smich story that Millard left Yukon keys in cup holder. Leitch says that doesn't make sense. Smich "conveniently" can't recall any roads...

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
He says Smich conveniently can't remember any of the roads they took. He just followed "blindly before the swerve." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
Leitch calls it "convenient" that Smich can't remember the route or roads they took the night Bosma died. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s32 seconds ago
He says the swerve in Brantford was also conveniently made up to make jury think this is where the shooting happened. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3s3 seconds ago
Leitch says this is 38 minutes into a test drive by that point--with another 38 minutes back. #Bosma

The defence is done. They don't get to say anything else in the trial. After today, Monday and Tuesday are the judge's charge to the jury and deliberations.

Are they not also entitled to closing arguments, normally, followed by an optional rebuttal from the crown?

Edit: Oh, I see they did that first. Time flies when you're following an extremely long trial.

And yet we have MM texting worried and seemingly genuinely concerned because she hadn't heard from MS. So worried in fact she's texting AM.

She knew they were on a mission and a bad one. She still wanted to hear from him. Didn't she text that thought MS was dead? Why would he be dead from a simple scoping? or even a theft?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s33 seconds ago
Smich's evidence is 37 to 39 minutes of test drive before Millard swerved off road.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
"Mr Bosma would have known this was no test drive almost 40 minutes from his house," Leitch says. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
"Mr. #Bosma would've known this was no test drive," Leitch says. He calls this story "ridiculous." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Leitch says it's a "ridiculous" plan to shoot someone as you're driving, as Smich described Millard did. #TimBosma #BOsma

usan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s27 seconds ago
"Mr. #Bosma said to Sharlene before he left: "'I'll be right back.'"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7s8 seconds ago
Leitch says there would've been a muzzle flash seen in that vehicle but claims to have seen nothing. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s6 seconds ago
"Ridiculous plan to shoot someone in a moving vehicle while you're driving," says Leitch. Smich would have seen muzzle flash.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s36 seconds ago
#TimBosma told wife he'd be right back. If he'd been killed 40 mins away in Brantfd like Smich says, he'd have known this was no test drive,

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 34s34 seconds ago
"Any minute he might grab it from you, when you look at the road. Ridiculous." #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
Leitch says Smich also would have seen a muzzle flash. #TimBosma #Bosma

And TL has just served them both up like Toaster Strudels. All he has to do is drizzle the icing on them and the Jury shouldn't have a doubt. Amazing how all sides can encapsulate 4 months of trial into a day. MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s35 seconds ago
Leitch says the presence of Millard's satchel is another convenient piece that explains how Smich had never seen the gun that night. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
Smich said Millard got out of Bosma truck and saw "what looked to be a gun" being put in Millard's satchel. No evidence of satchel.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 16s16 seconds ago
How could Millard have shot #TimBosma while he was driving? Leitch describes how difficult that would be

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s27 seconds ago
Millard defence team originally big on Smich's backpack as place for gun. By end of trial, they went with gun in his hoodie.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 26s27 seconds ago
Leitch says it's another lie that Smich could make out Millard with the gun in the dark. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Leitch says later on Smich said he saw it was the Walther PPK. How would he make that out in the dark, Leitch says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 42s42 seconds ago
Smich says he saw Millard put gun in satchel. But no one else reported seeing the satchel that night. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
Leitch says by Smich's account he did nothing wrong. Yet despite multiple opportunities to flee "lunatic" Millard, never does. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC now
Leitch says the "biggest flaw" in Smich's evidence is he had multiple chances to get away from Millard, but didn't. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now6 seconds ago
The biggest flaw in Smich's testimony is all the opportunity he had to escape the man he called a lunatic. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now5 seconds ago
Smich done nothing wrong in his story, says Crown. Multiple opportunities to escape, go to police. Biggest hole in his story, says Leitch.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s57 seconds ago
Jury going for break. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 45s46 seconds ago
Now a 20 minute recess. #TimBosma #Bosma

But they planned to murder that night. So why have a gf freaking out. Why not just tell her he'd be gone? We can speculate all we want but the evidence does say she was upset she hadn't heard from MS and so she was texting AM.

So that brings me to another question. Did MS battery actually die because he had to use DM phone to text at 227am? Seems to me that would be plausible. MOO

How much weight do you give these points in the overall picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why keep the gloves? Trophy? Plant on Smich through a friend? In theory, they burned all of the other evidence... why keep the gloves?

Possibly an oversight that he intended to destroy that day?

Possibly an oversight that he intended to destroy that day?

True, an oversight is possible. But, it is the most damning evidence with DNA on it.

Of course but DM and MS murdered TB in a matter of minutes. So what's to say they didn't eliminate others? LE had no clue until 1030pm IIRC?

But they didn't eliminate others and, respectfully, why is this a point of conjecture with regard to the testimony/evidence/charges at hand?

Snipped for space

All this talk about CN knowing is annoying me only because I'm sure if she knew, so did SS!!!!
Why is this guy walking free???? Ugh

That being said, I didn't realize until today they were trying to pin her on "she knew" about the murder plan.
I thought it was that she helped clean up and hide evidence to help DM only.

She was in the truck during the conversation with SS to throw him off the scent. She's not stupid. And I don't think her mouth was full at this time either or else DM can have sex, text and drive all at the same time.

But they didn't eliminate others and, respectfully, why is this a point of conjecture with regard to the testimony/evidence/charges at hand?

It's not. It's in response to questions. This is how the conversation keeps on when people keep quoting your posts. Round and round.

Millard's first call after the police finished speaking with him was to Smich. The call was 24 secs. A few minutes later, Smich texts Millard, "I didn't see... just reach me. Ima round the block."

When he says "I didn't see", is he saying he didn't see any police surveilling him? The call was only 24 seconds, just enough time for Millard to say, "Yo, the cops were just here, they might be coming to see you next -- are they watching you already? I'll come and meet with you soon to discuss what we do next."

Thoughts?

I agree this is a strong possibility. But what the heck does Ima round the block mean ... Sorry, their lingo confuses me at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member