Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'm still in complete shock with all the media exposure and coverage with this case how they were ever able to find a completely impartial jury. And held in Hamilton no less. Boggles my mind

Let's pray they did. And that can go either way IYKWIM.

MOO

From the Crown's OS. I wonder if this auto body shop did the paint job on MM's HD? If so, were the serial numbers grounded off when he got the parts or did he grind them off for DM? How many other paint jobs or body jobs did he do for DM? Is he still in business?

It's beginning to sound like DM knew a lot of "crooked" people don'tcha think ;) Coincidentally he choice them, they didn't chose him; the three Matthews, MS, maybe SS and FIL, CN to name a few. MOO.

Within days of the murder, Mr. Millard contacted a person he knew from past dealings who owned an auto body shop. Mr. Millard intended to paint Tim Bosma’s truck. Mr. Millard also instructed his mechanic/employee to remove the decals and other identifiers from the truck in preparation for the makeover.

Yes the night of May 9th could be the early hours of Thursday. The Leafs game was on the 8th (Weds). This would mean that one possibly two neighbours of MB are not being truthful if AJ testimony is true. IMO

The Leafs game was on the Wednesday evening May 8th. There was no Leafs game on the 9th. The next Leafs game was on the 10th.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?pg=20&location=/photos#browse

'Bob Dimas, who also lives on Tinsmith, said he saw someone bringing the black trailer in on Wednesday night, while Dimas and his son were watching the Maple Leafs game. Then by Sunday, “there were more police cars on the street than there were neighbourhood cars.”'
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...kes_mothers_day_plea_for_his_safe_return.html
IMO it doesn't matter when. LE can place Tim's truck at both locations. AJ has pics and the correct VIN proving it was in the hanger. Then the truck was found in the trailer at MB. It's moot

And DP's early references to DM and his business. Wonder where he got his info from?

"Millard's Mississauga lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, said his client runs a "successful" business and is "completely in shock" by the charges."

"According to Paradakar, Millardair performed aircraft maintenance with several staff at the Waterloo hangar, which was modernized after the company moved from a Pearson airport hangar in 2012."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2875353-lawyer-says-bosma-suspect-millard-is-completely-in-shock-/

:silly:
Successful business alright. Another person sucked in by DM. :ufo: MOO.

image.jpg

Kind of crazy what a big geographical distance there is between the key locations in this case.

With 4 million plus people in this area, it's really clear exactly how much evidence the Crown has.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

:silly:
Successful business alright. Another person sucked in by DM. :ufo: MOO.

So he told his lawyer that MillardAir was still an MRO and was actually performing maintenance on aircraft? Is it wise to lie to your lawyer right off the bat? :waitasec:

MOO

Honestly I'm still in complete shock with all the media exposure and coverage with this case how they were ever able to find a completely impartial jury. And held in Hamilton no less. Boggles my mind

Interesting you should say that, about all the media exposure. I have mentioned this case to many people I know and lots of times I get responses they are not very familiar with this case. I ask what they've heard and they typically say they only know the bare bones; TB and his truck went missing while taking a guy or two out of a test drive, TB's body was found burned on farmland, the guy accused/charged is some rich guy who owned a hangar. Some know a bit more info; DM is charged with murdering his father and LB, the incinerator found on the farmland, other test drives.

Defense had the opportunity to ask for a change of venue and didn't, so they obviously believed they could find an impartial jury in Hamilton. They had huge input also in selecting the jurors and seem quite please with their choice. JMO.

That can't be...apparently Mr Dimas saw the trailer (or lights depending on which news source you choose to look at) on Wednesday night during the Maple Leafs game. Do you think he got up off the couch and went to the window or outside to check out what the lights were? Or maybe just assumed that whatever lights he saw during that game must have been the trailer when the media spoke to him on Sunday as the street was full of LE? Or he was actually mistaken about the night as witnesses are notorious for doing? Can he even see MB's driveway from his home? We have no idea. If he didn't get a date stamped picture or video, I'm going with the guy who did and testified to it, and the date, under oath in a court of law. ;)

MOO

I agree Kamille. Regardless what night it was delivered, the trailer was found in MB's driveway. Someone backed it into her driveway, and according to the Crown, they are going to show it was DM and and CN was with him.

CN's testimony is going to reveal so much damaging evidence against DM. Peoples' heads are going to be spinning by the time she is done on the witness stand. I won't be surprised if she ends up on the stand for a solid day or two. Her life hangs in the balance of the judge who will preside over her case, and I bet the last thing she is going to do is perjure herself on the stand. The day(s) she takes the stand, the courthouse will be busting at the seams with people who want to see and hear her on the witness stand no doubt.
ALL MOO.

Just pondering DM living in the office area at the hangar following Tim's death. His Distillery condo deal closed on May 7, so if he got possession then, he could have been staying in his brand new digs instead of roughing it at the hangar.

According to the Crown, DM and CN took the locked toolbox (gun inside) to a friend's around 4:00 am Friday before LE arrived later that morning to talk with DM. Smich later retrieved the toolbox, tried to sell the gun, but according to MS girlfriend, disposed of the gun in the forest. There was GSR found inside the toolbox. I don't think we know if the gun was or was not retrieved by LE.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

I've read this already a few times and still find that one tidbit quite amusing, almost laughable, tried to sell the gun. I bet many of us can guess "who" he tried to sell it too. ;)

I've had my theory for a long time that MS was and is fully co-operating with his lawyer. MS is the innocent dupe who got tangled up in two murders DM committed. I won't be surprised if the gun shows up as evidence to bolster MS's defense.

DM needed help "taking care of business" and used MS to help him clean up his mess and get rid of evidence. Although I voted both guilty, I still think MS got duped into helping DM pull off TB's and LB's murder.

The Crown said they intend to show TB was "shot by the two accused at close range" is because perhaps they don't know who did the actual shooting, but somehow know both were in the truck at the time TB was shot. Also for the fact they were both there, with a premeditated plan to at least steal TB's truck. And as we know, according to the law, they are both equally responsible.

Had MS been lambasted by DM murdering TB, had went to LE and told the truth the next day, he might have been a free man today or looking at a lesser charge. Problem is though, MS was also involved somehow with LB's case. That was the clincher for him and he knew it. He knew DM could roll on him for her murder. MS felt screwed either way and decided to keep his mouth shut, hoping these cases were never solved. I can imagine MS sitting in the hangar that night TB was murdered, asking himself, "WTH have I gotten myself into again with this psycho?" Interesting to note also is it doesn't sound like it at this point, MS was around helping to getting rid of or hiding anything else other than the gun. Time will tell how involved MS really was.

I can see MS taking the stand in his own defense. DM...he'll take the stand to make a complete donkey out of himself like he already has. He knows his goose is cooked. He knows of all the solid evidence against him, the reason in which the AG bypassed the PH. He's already made an donkey out of himself in front of the judge, the jurors, his defense, the Crown, the whole nation. Why not go all out with a big bang. I assume DM's defense will advise him not to, but because he is DELLEN MILLARD, he'll do as he pleases, as he's always done, and no one can stand in his way. Afterall, it's his money (cough, cough, grandpa and dad's money), his right, and he's entitled to the best defense possible. That's why he's going to represent himself in LB's case/trail. ;)
ALL MOO.

Just pondering DM living in the office area at the hangar following Tim's death. His Distillery condo deal closed on May 7, so if he got possession then, he could have been staying in his brand new digs instead of roughing it at the hangar.

But he had too much business to take care of at the hangar and MS was done helping him. DM was on his own and on a tight schedule. "The suits" were going to be dropping by the hangar any day soon don'tcha know?!. :P

Yes the night of May 9th could be the early hours of Thursday. The Leafs game was on the 8th (Weds). This would mean that one possibly two neighbours of MB are not being truthful if AJ testimony is true. IMO

The Leafs game was on the Wednesday evening May 8th. There was no Leafs game on the 9th. The next Leafs game was on the 10th.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?pg=20&location=/photos#browse

'Bob Dimas, who also lives on Tinsmith, said he saw someone bringing the black trailer in on Wednesday night, while Dimas and his son were watching the Maple Leafs game. Then by Sunday, “there were more police cars on the street than there were neighbourhood cars.”'
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...kes_mothers_day_plea_for_his_safe_return.html

I have no concerns that they were watching hockey the night the trailer arrived. There were at least three playoff games going the night of May 9th: Senators vs Canadiens, Wild vs Blackhawks, and Islanders vs Penguins. If requested to verify the actual date, it wouldn't be too difficult for the guys to show which night it was. Everyone leaves a paper trail.

IMO it doesn't matter when. LE can place Tim's truck at both locations. AJ has pics and the correct VIN proving it was in the hanger. Then the truck was found in the trailer at MB. It's moot

Is there any chance that DM drove the empty trailer there on Wed. night, May 7th ( might have been early hours of May 8th) to make sure it would fit in the driveway legally, and then returned it to the Hangar, and used it in the early hours of May 9th ? It was reported that the trailer was right up against the garage, when LE found it. I am not sure if that means up against the side of a garage, or the front doors of a garage, but likely the doors if it was on the driveway. The last thing he would have wanted is to have the trailer partially or fully obstructing the sidewalk, and then have an annoyed neighbour calling the police about it, resulting in them not only finding it, but inspecting the inside of it with the truck there. I have known that to happen in my neighbourhood when someone had a visitor park a large RV in his driveway, and it blocked the sidewalk. Police were called, and the owners were told to move it immediately because it was breaking a by-law to block the sidewalk.

I agree Kamille. Regardless what night it was delivered, the trailer was found in MB's driveway. Someone backed it into her driveway, and according to the Crown, they are going to show it was DM and and CN was with him.

CN's testimony is going to reveal so much damaging evidence against DM. Peoples' heads are going to be spinning by the time she is done on the witness stand. I won't be surprised if she ends up on the stand for a solid day or two. Her life hangs in the balance of the judge who will preside over her case, and I bet the last thing she is going to do is perjure herself on the stand. The day(s) she takes the stand, the courthouse will be busting at the seams with people who want to see and hear her on the witness stand no doubt.
ALL MOO.

I wonder what kind of "smiles" DM will be giving out that day? I'm still stumped by why he would get CN involved when Smitch had not been arrested yet..why was Smitch not helping do all this with DM? Had he bailed? Was he tipped off somehow that the police were on to him and was in hiding?

he still owned Maple Gate too, did he not? So why was he living at the hangar?

I did a google map search of the Bosma residence (west side of Trinity) and checked around to see if there was an area close by where the perps could have parked the Yukon, then walked to the Bosma residence.

According to SB and WD's testimony, when the three left for the test drive, DM was driving and turned left (north) out of the driveway. Therefore it stands to reason they were heading in the direction of where the Yukon was parked. A bit further up the road (east), there are two entranceways to a laneway on the opposite side of the highway. Both areas are secluded by trees. There are also a lot of trees on the opposite side of the road which would block the view of this area from the Bosma's residence. Walking distance is only a one or two minute walk, depending what laneway they parked in.

There is a good chance SB and/or WD wouldn't have heard a gun shot if they went into the house soon after the truck pulled out of the Bosma's laneway. Or being enclosed in the truck may have muffled the sound. Once they pulled out onto the highway, did DM pulled over in one of these laneways where the Yukon was parked, with some excuse; saying he needed to relieve himself and MS also got out of the truck? Perhaps at that moment TB was none the wiser, nor thought much of the Yukon parked there until MS unlocked the Yukon, grabbed DM's man purse or the gun and gave it to DM, who was already back in the driver's seat of the Dodge? By that time, if TB suspected anything, it was too late. DM had shot TB. DM then pulled out of the laneway with MS tailing behind in the Yukon. IMO there was no third person "Donut" involved who dropped them off as DM told them. It was a lie to cover for not arriving in a vehicle.
JMO and theory.

My apologizes for the small image. If someone would like to make a larger image, please do so. The addresses are:
1230 Hamilton Regional Road 52, Hamilton, ON and
1212 Hamilton Regional Road 52, Hamilton, ON

walk2.jpg

Attachments

• park&walk.jpg
    park&walk.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 18
I wonder what kind of "smiles" DM will be giving out that day? I'm still stumped by why he would get CN involved when Smitch had not been arrested yet..why was Smitch not helping do all this with DM? Had he bailed? Was he tipped off somehow that the police were on to him and was in hiding?

IMO MS didn't know TB was going to be murdered, he thought he was going to help DM steal a truck. When it turned into murder, MS bailed on him. I wonder why MS showed up at the hangar the one day with his girlfriend? To retrieve something (cellphone) he had left there the night TB was incinerated? Here's hoping the video from within the hangar says a lot. MOO.

he still owned Maple Gate too, did he not? So why was he living at the hangar?

DM was on a mission to rip out the interior of TB's truck and try and hide evidence before "the suits" showed up. There was no time for going home and sleeping. MS bailed and that is why he got CN to help him move the incinerator and trailer. I have to wonder if by this time SS had also bailed on him. So much for friends eh?! Where are they when you need them most?! ;) MOO.

DM was on a mission to rip out the interior of TB's truck and try and hide evidence before "the suits" showed up. There was no time for going home and sleeping. MS bailed and that is why he got CN to help him move the incinerator and trailer. I have to wonder if by this time SS had also bailed on him. So much for friends eh?! Where are they when you need them most?! ;) MOO.
IMHO, DM's psychopathy had escalated completely out of control because he no longer had anyone around to keep it in check. He had successfully created a life where he answered to absolutely no-one. Not WM, not the guys WM had hired for the MRO. No restrictions on cash and the world was now his oyster. What would be the point of him lying to DP about the MRO? IIRC, DM said that he was meeting with his Accountant the morning of his arrest- I'm sure he was aware that there was no MRO business-did he simply forget to tell DP? He had also been successful in manipulating a select few-people who needed something from him but were too stupid and/or vulnerable to ever question him. MS, SS, CN and MB. MS probably needed drugs and money, SS needed a job and feeling of importance working for a millionaire, CN had visions of being married to money and perhaps her own clinic and MB wanted to believe her son was accomplished and would look after her in her old age. MOO

I don't know if that number was linked to any of the people selling trucks or not. I don't think it was explained. Did I miss something in the court coverage?

Like so many things about this case, I keep thinking there's more to it.

I was thinking that number was to one of the test drives, maybe the one that never happened, but I went back to the day's tweets and it doesn't look like it was. Maybe it will come up again later in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73