Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading that the very first person that Sb called when she was unable to reach TB and he hadn't returned home was a relative who is also a member of the police force. This probably made all the difference in getting the investigation off to a strong start.
This was mentioned back in the first TB Missing thread.

It is the mother of Sharlene and Tim's tenant who works for the police. She advised them to call the police right away.

De Boer then called his mother, who works for the Sarnia, Ont., police force, who told him to call police right away.
Sharlene Bosma then left to search for her husband at a nearby pub, he said, while he kept watch over the Bosmas’ 2-year-old daughter. He said he urged Sharlene to call police en route.
Sharlene Bosma testified Monday that’s when she called police, who eventually met her at the bar.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ial-continues-with-testimony-from-tenant.html

I would think that if any more charges were coming they would have been made already.

I think you're right Typhoo. Depends on the type of charge that is being considered and how/if the Crown chooses to proceed. There are summary, indictable and hybrid offences (with hybrid being where the Crown can choose to proceed either by summary or indictable). There is a 6 month statute of limitation on summary offences and no limitation period on indictable offences (except treason where the statute of limitations is 3 years)

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-35/

I listened again to this news report and LH says that AM didn't tell the truth to LE the first time he spoke to police when he was arrested for TB's murder (IIRC that was May 13th), and after DM was arrested, IMO. AM was never charged and almost two weeks later he then did tell police about helping DM get rid of evidence shortly after DM's arrest on May 10th, IMO. AM said he had heard about DM's arrest the next day (May 11th) from the other accused MS, IMO. MS was arrested on the day of TB's funeral, May 22nd, nearly 2 weeks after both DM and AM's arrests, IMO, and right after AM was cleared, IMO.

In the news report, it shows an instant message from AM to MS on May 11th at 12:29:17 says "I got it." Next instant message 12:29:25 says: "Gn", IMO. Could this 2nd message indicate that AM had the gun or does "Gn" mean something else?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/23/mark-smich-tim-bosma-oakville_n_3325438.html

I wonder if MS had heard through the grapevine that AM had been arrested for TB's murder and by the time of the weekend of May 18/19th he was feeling like he was no longer panicked and under suspicion of LE? I wonder because his father is quoted as follows: "He was normal," he said of his son's behaviour at a family wedding. "I didn't see any change, any difference."?

All MOO.

WOW......SILLYBILLY.....you deserve a :party:and :fireworks:for that big bit of computer wizardy.....Thanks so much

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472

I'm reviewing today the obituary for WM. I've always thought that it read like cryptic code, IMO.

Reading now, in context of what we now know, it's quite enlightening, IMO. It says that the only people WM feared were racists, and yet DM and crew seem not to share that same fear considering their choice of terms in many of their texts, IMO.

And read the last very interesting paragraph that references "missions" and WM's vision "Yet To be Realized... His last, still unlaunched, animal welfare "mission" is accepting donations..." and it goes on to suggest those donations be sent to DM's Maplegate home address, IMO. WOW, I bet DM thought he was being so clever, IMO.

All MOO.

http://www.chch.com/bosma-day-35/

I listened again to this news report and LH says that AM didn't tell the truth to LE the first time he spoke to police when he was arrested for TB's murder (IIRC that was May 13th), and after DM was arrested, IMO. AM was never charged and almost two weeks later he then did tell police about helping DM get rid of evidence shortly after DM's arrest on May 10th, IMO. AM said he had heard about DM's arrest the next day (May 11th) from the other accused MS, IMO. MS was arrested on the day of TB's funeral, May 22nd, nearly 2 weeks after both DM and AM's arrests, IMO, and right after AM was cleared, IMO.

In the news report, it shows an instant message from AM to MS on May 11th at 12:29:17 says "I got it." Next instant message 12:29:25 says: "Gn", IMO. Could this 2nd message indicate that AM had the gun or does "Gn" mean something else?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/23/mark-smich-tim-bosma-oakville_n_3325438.html

I wonder if MS had heard through the grapevine that AM had been arrested for TB's murder and by the time of the weekend of May 18/19th he was feeling like he was no longer panicked and under suspicion of LE? I wonder because his father is quoted as follows: "He was normal," he said of his son's behaviour at a family wedding. "I didn't see any change, any difference."?

All MOO.

GN usually means goodnight when IMing. I thought AM said he heard about DM's arrest, from MS, the same evening of the arrest, the 10th? I think by 12:30am on the 11th, their conversation about the arrest and getting the drugs and the "other thing (toolbox) to MS was complete. So then AM tells MS he "got it", likely meaning the pound of weed and then he says goodnight. I think it was the next day, the 11th, when they dropped the stuff off?

MOO

From that:

I wonder if DM will now be the poster boy for the pro-carding argument?

This case certainly makes an excellent pro-carding argument. This was a rich Caucasian young male who was carded, negating the argument that it's a racist practice, and it was the main factor that led to an arrest in this case and may also solve two other murders.

I personally had no opinion on this practice prior to this case, but I do now. I am obviously all for it.

MOO

GN usually means goodnight when IMing. I thought AM said he heard about DM's arrest, from MS, the same evening of the arrest, the 10th? I think by 12:30am on the 11th, their conversation about the arrest and getting the drugs and the "other thing (toolbox) to MS was complete. So then AM tells MS he "got it", likely meaning the pound of weed and then he says goodnight. I think it was the next day, the 11th, when they dropped the stuff off?

MOO

Thanks, Kamille! That would make sense too, about the meaning of Gn, but is it possible it means gun? I'm not being stubborn, I really do wonder.

Yes, your date of the drop on the 11th is correct.

All MOO.

This case certainly makes an excellent pro-carding argument. This was a rich Caucasian young male who was carded, negating the argument that it's a racist practice, and it was the main factor that led to an arrest in this case and may also solve two other murders.

I personally had no opinion on this practice prior to this case, but I do now. I am obviously all for it.

MOO

Ironic that it would be a rich Caucasian young male that provides the argument for carding. Maybe LE should be carding a lot more rich Caucasian young males. :copcar:

Would that be considered profiling?

MOO

Thanks, Kamille! That would make sense too, about the meaning of Gn, but is it possible it means gun? I'm not being stubborn, I really do wonder.

Yes, your date of the drop on the 11th is correct.

All MOO.

Well I've never really IMed anyone about a gun lol. If I did I'd probably use that really cool emoticon pic of a gun. ;)

Um. A tough one to answer. Given that he was one of the last people to speak to LB on the phone…He should have been caught a while back. The fact that his father's death was so quickly shoved under the rug as a suicide is equally puzzling and appalling….So, I guess - maybe not.

I would not be at all surprised to find others that have gone "missing" in his midst - including his father's girlfriend Elizabeth Glass. Her obituary was ridiculous and written by the same person that wrote WM's obituary in my opinion….But, given that there is much more easy fodder, I doubt that anyone will look into that...

MOO

I agree. It's all such a bizarre collision of crimes and deaths that include curious obits, IMO, and lead only to more questions not yet answered, IMO. Let's hope in time the answers will be revealed.

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

I revisited EG's obituary today and see that someone lit a candle for her in January of this year. She is not forgotten by all, and that's nice to see, IMO.

All MOO.

There's been something not sitting right with me in regards to AM's testimony about DM's comment "should I steal the truck from the *advertiser censored****** or the nice guy?" And AM's reply to that statement was "*advertiser censored** off". We know that DM had sent texts in the past about missions and AM's response had been "I'm in", "challenge accepted" or "bring it on". AM knew (or at least ought to have known) that the previous missions were for the thrill of it to steal items DM wanted or maybe needed for personal use. Tim's truck falls into the want/need category so why did AM reply "*advertiser censored** off"????? What if the questions WASN'T 'should I steal the truck from the *advertiser censored****** or the nice guy?' but rather "Should I/we shoot/kill the *advertiser censored****** or the nice guy?" That question would warrant the response AM gave more than the question the jury was told was asked.

We will probably never know the truth about the statement because IMO AM hasn't been completely forthcoming in what he knew and has possibly lied about other things. I suspect that close circle of friends knew the missions were going to include violence if necessary because stealing didn't provide the rush it had in the past.

Anyone else find it strange that it would be MS that gives AM his nickname? According to AM, they were not close at all.

"Contacts on the phone were found for "Dellen The Fellon [sic], Kowallski Mi Negro (a nickname for Andrew Michalski), and Marlena Menses [sic].""

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/yg/myniggaremix.html

MOO

I find it interesting that AM was asked on the stand by the Crown if he had spoken with CN and/or MB, IMO. Thinking about who will testify for the Crown, I am wondering if they are indeed saving their most compelling witness for last and if it could be MB?

MB has remained safely out of sight and under the radar, and while it may seem to some that it's a given she would testify on behalf of her only child, her son, DM, I do wonder if she will, IMO. Perhaps after these three long and painful years, MB has come to realize what her son is capable of and accept that he did commit the crime of murder of which he stands accused? Will MB end up testifying for the Crown, all for the greater good, in the interest of public safety, and with a sincere wish to demonstrate to TB's family that she will not help shield DM from facing the appropriate punishment for his crime? I wonder....

A mother's love is a powerful motivator, but so is the love of truth and justice, IMO. I feel for MB and think she is also a victim of DM's perceived charms that belied his cruel intentions and dangerous deceptions, IMO. My goodness, it can be hard to be a mother in ordinary circumstances involving ordinary adult children, but I can only imagine how MB is coping in this extraordinary situation caused by DM, IMO. When DM unleashed his demons to create terror and torment in the world for his innocent victim, TB, IMO, he created in one monstrous and maniacal moment, in the instant of TB's final heartbeat, unspeakable and inconsolable heartache, IMO. If MB is called to testify, I hope she finds the courage and the grace to tell the whole unvarnished truth about DM so that justice will long echo....

All MOO.
I think I'm the biggest sap on this forum, but in the case of DM's mother, I cannot for the love of me cut her any slack. IMHO, she has been DM's biggest enabler. It's one thing for a bunch of young twenty something men and women scrambling to cover their butts, but I'm sorry, I expected more from a mature woman. I certainly didn't expect her, within the first 48 hours of DM being arrested, to be concerned about DM's dog or protecting DM's assets- considering the trailer sitting in her driveway was going unquestioned and unreported. No doubt she was in shock, but seriously?

On the other hand, a guy doesn't just wake up one morning and become a manipulating, murdering psychopath. MB and WM were probably equally guilty in covering for this guy- never once holding him accountable for anything he had done in his life. Leaves me wondering as to how many times DM had brushes with the law and walked scott free. WM and MB cultivated a monster who even turned on his own father? And now we're on the subject- why wasn't WM's death questioned? MOO

The weekend after DM was arrested was the one time MB could have shone and done the right thing. AFAIK, out of all DM's buddies, only CN knew the truck was in the trailer in MB's driveway- MB should have called LE the minute DM was arrested- when she found out there was a missing man and truck. Secondly, I don't care about DM being able to pay his bills. IMO, MB taking that POA and transferring properties into her name, less than 2 days after DM's arrest, was the most tasteless thing any person could ever do. She was playing ignorance to the trailer in the driveway while TB's family was pleading for his return. She was concerned about the Millard money that was in her sons' control. To take out of TD's playbook: she was covering for him when he was arrested, she was covering for him when she had the properties signed over, she was even running around with CN gathering up DM's dog when there was a missing man. MB enabled DM and covered for him every step of they way, even protecting his money. No care for TB or TB's family at all. If this is what money does to a person, I'm glad I have to work for a living. IMHO, MB would never hold her son accountable. MOO

Anyone else find it strange that it would be MS that gives AM his nickname? According to AM, they were not close at all.

"Contacts on the phone were found for "Dellen The Fellon [sic], Kowallski Mi Negro (a nickname for Andrew Michalski), and Marlena Menses [sic].""

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/yg/myniggaremix.html

MOO

Yes I do and said so in my post #199 from the April 13th thread as below:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Trial-04-13-16-Day-34&p=12466892#post12466892

All MOO.

ETA proper link with thanks to sillybilly for the help in teaching me how to do it! :)

I questioned the validity of the DelMillard post, but I think the use of the word "imparticular" gives him away. IMO lol

From the AV site... DM's sidebar seemed quite suitable in an "imparticular" way...:peace:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DM_Offline.jpg
    DM_Offline.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 171
I think I'm the biggest sap on this forum, but in the case of DM's mother, I cannot for the love of me cut her any slack. IMHO, she has been DM's biggest enabler. It's one thing for a bunch of young twenty something men and women scrambling to cover their butts, but I'm sorry, I expected more from a mature woman. I certainly didn't expect her, within the first 48 hours of DM being arrested, to be concerned about DM's dog or protecting DM's assets- considering the trailer sitting in her driveway was going unquestioned and unreported. No doubt she was in shock, but seriously?

On the other hand, a guy doesn't just wake up one morning and become a manipulating, murdering psychopath. MB and WM were probably equally guilty in covering for this guy- never once holding him accountable for anything he had done in his life. Leaves me wondering as to how many times DM had brushes with the law and walked scott free. WM and MB cultivated a monster who even turned on his own father? And now we're on the subject- why wasn't WM's death questioned? MOO

The weekend after DM was arrested was the one time MB could have shone and done the right thing. AFAIK, out of all DM's buddies, only CN knew the truck was in the trailer in MB's driveway- MB should have called LE the minute DM was arrested- when she found out there was a missing man and truck. Secondly, I don't care about DM being able to pay his bills. IMO, MB taking that POA and transferring properties into her name, less than 2 days after DM's arrest, was the most tasteless thing any person could ever do. She was playing ignorance to the trailer in the driveway while TB's family was pleading for his return. She was concerned about the Millard money that was in her sons' control. To take out of TD's playbook: she was covering for him when he was arrested, she was covering for him when she had the properties signed over, she was even running around with CN gathering up DM's dog when there was a missing man. MB enabled DM and covered for him every step of they way, even protecting his money. No care for TB or TB's family at all. If this is what money does to a person, I'm glad I have to work for a living. IMHO, MB would never hold her son accountable. MOO

You may be right, and you are highly persuasive, but I hope as I said in my post, in the interest of justice and after all this time MB will finally do the right thing. As a mother, I don't envy the position DM has put her in, IMO.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members