Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not like that. I have chit-chatted to a lot of people on the board, and few have any sort of real connection to the case. E.g., my connection is the geography.

If MS is telling the truth about the scoping of vehicles, it also jives with DM's message that it would be an all nighter, since they would be going back in the middle of the night to steal it. I just wonder what their plan was between the time they completed the test drive and the time they planned to steal it? They had their change of clothes with them.

I am not saying that was the reason for an all nighter, but it does fit the testimony. But so does a planned murder and cremation.

There is still something not quite right about either one of them shooting TB in the truck. Keeps bringing me back to a "f-up".

MOO

Definitely agree that what happened was not planned that way. The truck was totally ruined inside and there weren't even seats in the end. If we believe DM's letters, then MS shot Mr. Bosma by accident. If we believe MS's testimony in court, then DM shot Mr. Bosma because he's a lunatic. :jail: :jail:

Interesting, but not surprising. BTW, it's the other way around with DM: he's allegedly representing himself in the LB trial, not in the case of his father's death; that could change, of course. I suspect he's bored to bits and the pretense of defending himself means he gets time to examine the evidence and use a (non-intenet) computer to "prepare." A little diversion.

We haven't heard yet whether the case of WM will go to trial or not, but he does have the Hamilton lawyer Boushey (sp.?) representing him for that, so far.

DM's preliminary hearing for the murder of his father began on Jan. 4, 2016 ...

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/01/wayne-millard-preliminary-hearing-jan-4-2016.html

Wishful thinking.....I definitely don't see that happening....he is such a narcissist. I would love to be wrong.

Anyone else find it interesting that MS has the SAME lawyer for his 2 murder chargers and DM has his lawyers for this trial, he's representing himself in the WM trial and has another lawyer (the guy who is saying that DM's case can be reopened on the news) for the LB trial?

He'll be self representing for the LB murder trial.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2015/12/dellen-millard-turns-jailhouse-lawyer.html

Wishful thinking.....I definitely don't see that happening....he is such a narcissist. I would love to be wrong. Anyone else find it interesting that MS has the SAME lawyer for his 2 murder chargers and DM has his lawyers for this trial, he's representing himself in the WM trial and has another lawyer (the guy who is saying that DM's case can be reopened on the news) for the LB trial?
One might assume there might be value in retaining the same legal counsel for multiple criminal cases, if for no other reason than familiarizing oneself with the person, the players, etc, over and over again with a new counsel each time would take more time, more money. I wonder if that decision has something to do with DM perhaps not wanting his lawyer to have preconceived ideas about him, too much information which could cause him to come to different conclusions than a new set of eyes? Also, if a fact may have been known in one case, but not known in another case, the new legal counsel would not be privy to information that had been withheld in the first trial. moo

Oreck.
I wish we knew if the Bosma truck needed a chipped key as do most Chrysler products since the 90's.
It would make MS a liar when when he says SS taught him to Just pop the hood and hotwire it with a big flat screw driver.

Sorry about my formatting. I don't how to reply to a post properly yet. Lessons are quite welcome.[/I]

I answered this on page #8 and #13. TB'S truck needed the key. Dodge started with the chip key in 1998.

Also my quoting is terrible as well. Phone updated and I do not like the new updates! Can't highlight and cut because drop box menu.

In regards to GPS tracking devices on the Dodge Rams.

This would have been a great question for Igor...if he had one installed on his truck.
I have been searching for this alot today and there (to my knowledge) is no factory installed tracking systems. You however can get them aftermarket and hook up with LoJack (seems to be most popular for Ram owners). This is simular to GM's OnStar systems gps tracking.

If anyone finds otherwise, please do share :)

Was just thinking, all the arguing over the bouncing shell casing and where the blood spatters were found implied to me the assumption DM was in the front and MS was in the back and the lawyers were trying to point the evidence one against the other. If that's the case, that implies the lawyers are believing both DM and MS were in the vehicle together at the time of shooting, does it not? Otherwise, why all that arguing?

Seems to me if MS was in the Yukon, that conversation wouldn't have happened. IMO.

Was just thinking, all the arguing over the bouncing shell casing and where the blood spatters were found implied to me the assumption DM was in the front and MS was in the back and the lawyers were trying to point the evidence one against the other. If that's the case, that implies the lawyers are believing both DM and MS were in the vehicle together at the time of shooting, does it not? Otherwise, why all that arguing?

Seems to me if MS was in the Yukon, that conversation wouldn't have happened. IMO.

DM hasn't even admitted to being there. His phone magically bounced off the Ancaster tower. Oh right, he lent it to MS! All According in to his letters of course.

I don't recall which lawyer focused most on this. I'm remembering it was Dungey and that the shot was most likely fired from the front. I'll have to go back and reread all that...when my internet decides to got faster then snail-pace!

I just read a tweet that The Hamilton Spec's Susan Clairmont responded to a few hours ago.

Someone asked Susan this question: "@susanclairmont millard still had to drive to his farm and i am so surprised no cop or a person saw the smashed window or Bosma in it."

Susan's answer was: "It was night. Tim was wrapped in a tarp."

I don't recall Tim being wrapped in a tarp at this point (drive from Bobcat video area to the farm) ever being introduced in testimony? Does anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't remember this either. Not that it means much, but according to MS, Tim was still in the front seat of the truck during the drive. It was after he came back from chaining the gate at the farm that he saw Tim on the ground "laying on some sort of sheet". He supposedly wasn't even wrapped in the sheet yet. He said DM rolled him up in the sheet while MS opened the barn door.

Anyone??

I think it is better to look at the text messages themselves and not Molly's summarization. The pictures come in the middle of two mission text messages in my opinion: asking if MM can look after Pedo and the request for gloves and tape.

Yes, the judge defined "beyond reasonable doubt" as buying a house and gathering information and when you put it all together, what do you get. This is part of the gathering info and making connections.

DM or MS laywer could say they were just pinning to Pinterest. IMO

This is Molly Hayes. Texts are May 3, and it's not clear what if any gaps in time there are between them. YYM is Smich.

Text from YYM: can Marlena reach and chill with Pedo while we do our thing?" YYM sends a photo. #Bosma Apr 19, 2016
Oh sorry there are two photos from YYM. #Bosma Apr 19, 2016
First looks like a tree trunk carved into some sort of bench? Second is of painted tree stump stools? #Bosma Apr 19, 2016
More texts from YYM. Sends another photo, this time of sausages in a frying pan... #Bosma Apr 19, 2016
Millard texts he just finished a 6hr mtg at the hangar. YYM asks him to come scope some of these things and mentions "'missions and more." Apr 19, 2016
YYM says "speaking of scope" he needs some of that mouthwash with the fluoride. #Bosma Apr 19, 2016
Millard phone: "I'm reaching your ways now, ete 50mins." YYM: ok. Millard phone: "be - love you <3" Millard then texts to Lisa. Apr 19, 2016

That reads to me that MS wanted to scope out the tree furniture as a "mission". The sausages never meant much to me because so many people these days seem to think it's a thing to sent snap chats of their meals to their friends.

JMO

I've been thinking about MS moving back home to help his mother since she had breast cancer and wondering how much truth there is to this story. Thinking about how stressful it is for anyone dealing with such a diagnosis, and considering that MS was not working regularly or at a regular job; he was drinking and smoking weed with his friends pretty much on a daily basis; he was spending a lot of time with DM at the hangar, Riverside, Maplegate and bars etc.; he had run-ins with the law for impaired driving, had lost his driver's licence, was arrested for graffiti mischief offence with a court date pending; and he had his young and troubled girlfriend who had dropped out of school move into his mother's house (he testified his mother wasn't happy about that), so it all makes me wonder how much actual help MS would have been to his mother, IMO. I think MS, his friends and his lifestyle would have more likely been a source of worry and distress for his mother, IMO.

All MOO.

It was purely for a sympathy vote IMO.

I'm not sure where I would put MH. There were some discrepancies between his testimony and AM's and I found AM to be more forthcoming.

I agree with your assessment except I'm not certain where to put MS. I don't see a lot of inconsistencies between his testimony and that of the rest.... I could just be primed to believe that DM is a psychopath

Discrepancies I have noticed

1. There is some discrepancy between AJ's testimony and MS's testimony about when DM found out about AJ calling CrimeStoppers.....I think AJ was telling the truth as he remembered it, but actually to me MS's version makes more sense......because DM started covering his tracks and changing plans early evening on the 9th.....and clearly SS was full of you know what when he testified he never told DM about AJ calling CrimeStoppers. TImeline just isn't quite adding up......

2. MS asking for the drugs and "the other thing" from AM - if this happened it does suggest he knew about the toolbox....

I'm not seeing a lot of other discrepancies between MS's version of events and the others.....I agree he isn't telling the WHOLE truth. Bring me back from the dark side Snoop - what else am I missing?

All MOO

I think the discrepancies between the MH and AM testimony was a result of the "lies that were told" that ended their friendship. MH's testimony was what he knew from what AM had told him. AM's testimony was the truth that he didn't divulge to MH. JMO

As for #2, we do know this happened because the text message was presented when AM was on the stand. From Molly H's tweets:

At 12:29am he texts Meneses "I got it." Message was for Smich, he says. Meant he got the drugs (from Millard's house). #Bosma Apr 13, 2006

There are calls from him to Meneses phone (Smich) at 11:12am and 1:54pm. Michalski says these were about the drop. #Bosma Apr 13, 2006

More texts from Meneses phone (Smich). At 2:22pm: "Tell him were its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing." #Bosma Apr 13, 2006

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxyo_MC4bf28IMfFvSuu5ETlebQlyw__2QSDhYkGxMU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=156108166

Not to mention MS was searching online for 9mm ammunition just days before he was arrested.

A photo of a gun was also found on the Blackberry, while a Google search from May 18, 2013, for "rounds for 9mm" was found on the iPad.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/national/tim-bosma-trial-dellen-millard-stole-for-the-thrill-of-it-friend-says/ar-BBrM0gX

Was this photo of the gun ever released? Was the photo on the Blackberry the same Walther gun as the other photos, but just a different picture? Do we know this? I questioned before about this picture because MS said he took a photo on his Blackberry shortly after DM bought it, but the only one I had seen was taken on the iPad some 6 months later.

Was this photo of the gun ever released? Was the photo on the Blackberry the same Walther gun as the other photos, but just a different picture? Do we know this? I questioned before about this picture because MS said he took a photo on his Blackberry shortly after DM bought it, but the only one I had seen was taken on the iPad some 6 months later.

Yes, photo was released. It appeared to be the same gun but was too out of focus for expert to say definitively,

your right and was this not the night of the 6th? When AM went to pick up his car at the hangar? Why did he need the bobcat and which one? There was also one at his house I thought.

He needed the one at the farm to uplift his victim to the eliminator, I think (IF it is a bobcat= wheel loader/telescopic forklift). MS left out that part but maybe, it happened indeed. Planned then at least by DM (we can't say by MS also). If the wheel loader had white telescopic arms then I can imagine the intended purpose for the x white spray paint cans, perhaps.
I don't remember DM asking AM for keys. But I remember vague DM asking SS whether the bobcat would be functional.

In addition to the Eliminator, there is also a system available called the Digester. I wonder, if in searching for a disposal system, DM came across it. Could it be the explanation for the "mission digestion" comment from CN?

http://www.biohitech.com/digester

I believe you're right on target about 2 guns and the obvious reason why MS can't lead LE to where they are - buried or otherwise, IMO.

All MOO.

I don't know: has DM to thank MS for burying the gun/the guns and not admitting where exactly? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968