Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him. I would have gone straight to the police and demand protection though.

I wonder why AJ doesn't speak with SS? Is it because of this case or did his daughter end her relationship with him?

I think AJ and SS now have a severely damaged friendship/relationship because of differences in loyalty to DM and because of many LIES (see AM/MH).

It's my belief (based on nothing other than the fact that you can't find these references anywhere but WS now) that the journalists agreed not to distribute those images, if they were available to them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-37&p=12477050&highlight=Sausage#post12477050

Edit: re-read that sequence, the sausage stuff is as damning as ever, but the fireworks doesn't sound like it means the same thing. Smich says "I thought it was fireworks time but it's not yet" to DM, and I don't think Smich would be making that call.

I also forgot about the weird declarations of love.

Had the sms with firework/sausage/fireplace furniture been removed by DM/MS and were found by the expert? If deleted, then I would think of it to be more sinister.
Btw: I haven't seen the pic of sausage and furniture like some other here on WS.

Arthur Jennings wasn't too happy with DM as I recall.

Speaking of all the witnesses except the experts:
It's all about fear the accused might be acquitted on the end, IMO. After all they are evil dangerous and DM's power (incl. remaining supporters) has to be taken seriously.

Very good question .... and yes , there have been several mentions about 2 guns .... here is a bit from Brendan Daly testimony April 5th

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ept-gun-in-toolbox-friend-testifies-1.3521414

--- Crown Brett Moodie now asking about a toolbox that was seized. "He told me that he got Arthur to move it and he wished he could have gotten a hold of me so I could move it," Daly says

--- Daly says Smich told him a gun was in the toolbox.

--- Daly says it came up when Smich was showing him a YouTube video.

--- Moodie asks what was in that video. "Some ammunition, some zombie bullet thing, he said they went with the gun he wanted, but he didn't end up with that one,
and that Dell had gotten the one he wanted," Daly says.

--- Goodman cautions the jury that they cannot use that evidence in reaching a decision about Dellen Millard, only about Smich.

--- "Like I said, he said that the bullets went with a gun that he wanted, but he ended up with a different gun, and that gun ended up in the toolbox."

--- Goodman cautions the jury that they shouldn't be considering that another firearm was mentioned in terms of reaching a verdict in this case.

How can this be? MS said he only learned at this trial that DM's gun was a Walther PPK. s/off.

MOO

I think AJ and SS now have a severely damaged friendship/relationship because of differences in loyalty to DM and because of many LIES (see AM/MH).

I think AJ knows how "involved" SS was in the criminal circle that was happening at the Hanger. AJ knows of all the lies that SS told to not incriminate himself. AJ knows what SS knew, but watched SS say that he knew nothing. This would be a difficult position, considering the guy that you are watching, who is involved in a criminal circle, is the husband of your very own daughter and the father of your grandchildren.

In regards to GPS tracking devices on the Dodge Rams.

This would have been a great question for Igor...if he had one installed on his truck.
I have been searching for this alot today and there (to my knowledge) is no factory installed tracking systems. You however can get them aftermarket and hook up with LoJack (seems to be most popular for Ram owners). This is simular to GM's OnStar systems gps tracking.

If anyone finds otherwise, please do share :)

and how easy is it to see the system has been installed (on a test drive? I guess you could ask...)

and how easy is it to see the system has been installed (on a test drive? I guess you could ask...)

Most tracking systems are installed in a stealth method. Some After Market systems can be detected from the cab. Obviously TB's did not have one, as SS was not involved with the truck until the 8th.

What is absent from all the texts is that they never once used the word 'scoping' to describe this mission.
instead
"Should I steal it from the nice guy, or the *advertiser censored******".

Also interesting that MS said there was another girl in the house when looking at the trucks online and talking about the mission. Both AM and MM never mentioned that person when asked who was there.

MOO

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

How was Smich self-medicating for his busted shoulder? Weed? Booze? I doubt it. What about the orange guys? Oxy. That makes more sense to me. Smich has the advantage now with his testimony but I think he is full of ****.

I think AJ knows how "involved" SS was in the criminal circle that was happening at the Hanger. AJ knows of all the lies that SS told to not incriminate himself. AJ knows what SS knew, but watched SS say that he knew nothing. This would be a difficult position, considering the guy that you are watching, who is involved in a criminal circle, is the husband of your very own daughter and the father of your grandchildren.

"All that is necessary or the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

The truth is never wrong.

On Thursday, Smich returned with more dramatic testimony. Smich said Andrew Michalski, Millard's former roommate, handed him a toolbox after Millard was arrested. Smich said it contained drugs and a gun.

"Did you have any idea Michalski was bringing you a gun?" his lawyer Thomas Dungey asked. "No, no idea," Smich said Thursday. "I thought he was going to be bringing me a bag of weed."

Smich is saying that the toolbox contained DRUGS and the gun. Is this a reporting mistake? If not, what kind of drugs were in the toolbox?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-testifies-1.3581032

When DM texted:
There were no quote marks to make a face, the quote marks were put there by the reporters, to show they were repeating literally what the text said.

I am wondering if the ... was to mean, 'tell you later', or 'wait', since it was sent within minutes of MH asking if it was full of guns. Then 2 HOURS after that, DM texted the 2, just before reaching MH's house..

I am wondering if DM waited until then because DM didn't want to take the chance that MH may have started squealing that he wanted no part of keeping it for him if it had guns in it? By waiting until he was just about in the driveway, there would have been no time for argument, if there was going to be one. Calculated. moo

Yes I think you may be right on this.

Smich is saying that the toolbox contained DRUGS and the gun. Is this a reporting mistake? If not, what kind of drugs were in the toolbox?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-testifies-1.3581032

I have caught that discrepancy too .... when DM was arrested his buddies found it imperative to remove drugs from DM's home (bag of weed) .... makes sense to me they would want to do that. But it has often been mentioned that DM also kept drugs in the toolbox , and sometimes he would bring it out at parties.

Fine .... drugs in a bag and drugs in a toolbox ..... remove them from the house and get them to Smich ..... but they did not say it that way ..... they were told to get the bag of weed and that other thing (toolbox with a gun in it).

So even if the toolbox contained drugs they also knew it contained the gun (before they broke the lock and looked inside)

I have caught that discrepancy too .... when DM was arrested his buddies found it imperative to remove drugs from DM's home (bag of weed) .... makes sense to me they would want to do that. But it has often been mentioned that DM also kept drugs in the toolbox , and sometimes he would bring it out at parties.

Fine .... drugs in a bag and drugs in a toolbox ..... remove them from the house and get them to Smich ..... but they did not say it that way ..... they were told to get the bag of weed and that other thing (toolbox with a gun in it).

So even if the toolbox contained drugs they also knew it contained the gun (before they broke the lock and looked inside)

How do we know they knew the toolbox had a gun in it? If it was common knowledge the magic toolbox was where party drugs were kept, why are we to assume DM's buddies also knew there was a gun in there? It's possible I missed something I guess??

DM's preliminary hearing for the murder of his father began on Jan. 4, 2016 ...

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/01/wayne-millard-preliminary-hearing-jan-4-2016.html

Yes, and the judge was supposed to announce his decision on the case in late March. We do not know whether he did so, and if he did, what the decision was, because everything is under a publication ban. So while we know that a trial in the LB case is planned (at least, as of now), we do not know whether the same is true in the WM case.

My bet is on there having been a decision made, but the announcement postponed until after this trial is complete.

Thinking out loud how plausible is MS claim to not know a gun-killing would happen on the test drive .... it sounds like DM was running late on May 6th .... used the bate phone to call TB and say he would be there at 7ish ... then said he was running late and it would be 8ish .... then actually arrived at 9ish ..... during his running-late-rush he picked Mark up and 25 minutes later they were in Ancaster .... not really a lot of time to do a lot of detailed planning . But of course they could have done the detailed planning in the days and weeks previous to knowing which truck they would steal.

Now I flip to one of the most "telling" facts in this case to indicate killing was always in the plan because they headed toward the farm (incinerator) the moment they left Ancaster.

Thinking out loud how plausible is MS claim to not know a gun-killing would happen on the test drive .... it sounds like DM was running late on May 6th .... used the bate phone to call TB and say he would be there at 7ish ... then said he was running late and it would be 8ish .... then actually arrived at 9ish ..... during his running-late-rush he picked Mark up and 25 minutes later they were in Ancaster .... not really a lot of time to do a lot of detailed planning . But of course they could have done the detailed planning in the days and weeks previous to knowing which truck they would steal.

Now I flip to one of the most "telling" facts in this case to indicate killing was always in the plan because they headed toward the farm (incinerator) the moment they left Ancaster.

BBM

I had an AHA moment this past week when the penny dropped for me on this as well. They were on the way to the farm from the get go. Of course it was planned and of course MS knew the plan prior to the kidnapping. Again, next week will be mighty interesting when cross begins. Lots of holes to fill in. MOO

Thinking out loud some more ....

I think DM and his lawyers were caught by surprise when MS took the stand and told his version of events. I think the judge and the court and all of us were also surprised.

And the first day was like they just got rolling , and everybody was looking forward to day 2 testimony which to everybodies surprise was cut short and ended in a whimper

Makes me wonder if DM and Lawyers threatened (wrong word) to put DM on the stand and absolutely prove MS was not telling the true story.

There has to be a reason MS and Dungey decided to cease and desist. Now that the battle is on , I secretly hope DM can and will take the stand

How do we know they knew the toolbox had a gun in it? If it was common knowledge the magic toolbox was where party drugs were kept, why are we to assume DM's buddies also knew there was a gun in there? It's possible I missed something I guess??

Because they called it "the other thing" while they were openly discussing the drugs. Hope that makes sense.

So thinking about DM's lawyers cross... what can they do?

They obviously will point out that MS was a criminal prior to meeting DM (not sure if they'll be able to mention that DM had no record). I assume they'll lay out some alternative sequence of events that shows MS shot TB unexpectedly that MS will deny just to get it out there. They can't really talk to any of the previous contact between the two since it would incriminate both.

Alternatively I suppose DM could just accept his goose is cooked and decide to take down MS with him.

Also not sure that even if the jury believes MS's story that he can get any less than second degree. I guess it would depend on if 'scoping' is considered part of a robbery, because being involved in a robbery that end in a death is murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee