Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you

"Mark Smich, 28, and Dellen Millard, 30, stand accused of abducting Tim during a test drive of his truck on May 6, 2013, shooting him and then incinerating his body in The Eliminator, a "small and large animal cremator" that the jury has heard was shipped from Georgia to Millardair, the aviation hangar owned and operated by Millard near Kitchener."

This also address that it was the hanger in Waterloo and not the Mississauga hanger. It was mentioned quite a few pages back.

Here's another link to the cell phone activity exhibit:

https://vid.me/03FW

This site actually allows you to download the video, which is useful if you don't want to open Youtube every time. I still haven't found the original Powerpoint slides.

Thank you

"Mark Smich, 28, and Dellen Millard, 30, stand accused of abducting Tim during a test drive of his truck on May 6, 2013, shooting him and then incinerating his body in The Eliminator, a "small and large animal cremator" that the jury has heard was shipped from Georgia to Millardair, the aviation hangar owned and operated by Millard near Kitchener."

This also address that it was the hanger in Waterloo and not the Mississauga hanger. It was mentioned quite a few pages back.

Was the hangar in Waterloo in June/July of 2012? Not sure about that. JMO

OK It says 251 Jetliner Rd, Waterloo Regional Airport in Breslau on the incinerator invoice.

If Dellen Millard used an iPhone and "Lucas Bate" used a flip phone, then who does the phone backing found in Tim's truck belong to? Has it even been said what type of phone Smich or "Juice" used?

ou2nes.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HcLKBpswT4aEswVnRPbTVmbjQ/view?pref=2&pli=1

Considering that looks like a cover for a Samsung, and it was found in TB's truck, I'm guessing it is a back cover for his phone. Now whether it was on there and removed for some reason that night or whether it is something that just got stuck in the rear seat while he was alive and owned the truck (maybe replaced the cover at some point and lost the other in his truck between the seats) is the question IMO.

MOO

Considering that looks like a cover for a Samsung, and it was found in TB's truck, I'm guessing it is a back cover for his phone. Now whether it was on there and removed for some reason that night or whether it is something that just got stuck in the rear seat while he was alive and owned the truck (maybe replaced the cover at some point and lost the other in his truck between the seats) is the question IMO.

MOO

Agreed. Here's the photos of Tim's recovered phone. Looks like it would fit.

6-6b353ef816.jpg

http://www.scribd.com/doc/297985453/Bosma-phone-evidence

No doubt he would have, especially if it had been close to the barn, but the fire was out in the field and it dissipated very quickly. That's pretty consistent with burning a pile of foam and plastic with an accelerant. I think the farmer witnessed the exact time that the fire was lit.

There's a moment when you first come upon a fire when you watch for clues to see if it's an emergency or just the neighbours burning their spring clean-up trash. If it's localised and dissipates, then no worries. If it spreads and builds, then call the FD.

Do you think that rack of front seats would have become completely removed of signs of upholstery just within minutes? I guess I was thinking it would have been a longer burn.

Can anyone provide information on this.... After Igor's test drive and the meeting with LE giving them key information with the 'ambition' tattoo, LE obviously pinpointed DM, I would say by having this info on file. The question is, what were DM's prior convictions in order for them to have him on a 'noticeable body markings' file with the tattoo, and give them reason to visit the hangar?

Can anyone provide information on this.... After Igor's test drive and the meeting with LE giving them key information with the 'ambition' tattoo, LE obviously pinpointed DM, I would say by having this info on file. The question is, what were DM's prior convictions in order for them to have him on a 'noticeable body markings' file with the tattoo, and give them reason to visit the hangar?

No convictions, he was carded http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/18/carding_by_toronto_police_drops_sharply.html

So based on what DM said in his letter to CN (Shane or someone ) will say something in their testimony that will seal the deal for DM. I am curious what it will be.

I was wondering if it's his former roommate, who he is concerned about testifying. I would be interested in knowing the dates of the letters, and if they were sent before or after he was charged with his father's murder. The roommate lived in the same house, where DM and his father resided, and may have some inside knowledge.

But what really gets me, is that he is being held in custody, allegedly has killed 3 people and no-one is reading his outgoing mail! They know he has access to $$$ and for all the authorities know, he could be planning on hiring hitmen to knock off potential witnesses. Why isn't he being monitored for outgoing correspondence? They only found those letters by fluke - the gf could have taken DM's advice and destroyed them.

I finally figured out a number of the characters identified by their initials only...
I have a handle on the principal characters....DM. MS. CN. MM. AJ. SS. AM. AND MWJ.

Have Hagerman and Whidden Been indentified as well?
They have been contacted by CN and MM by cellphone.

FWIK, Tristar Dairy was the main distributor for Super Nova. IMHO, even though incinerators sound creepy, they have a definite good purpose. In the case of the SN500, its intended use is for poultry/turkey operations. Bare in mind that large producers aren't dealing with 20 or 30 backyard birds- they turn over thousands, usually in a 6 week period. The best way to prevent the spread of disease(i.e. bird flu) is by incineration of the bird(s) Normal industrial poultry farming involves culling out the weak birds-the ones that aren't growing properly etc. Industrial poultry operations can have anywhere from 5000 - 50,000 birds and with the average cull/mortality rate of 1 percent per week, over the course of 6 weeks the loss would expected to be somewhere between 250 and 2500 birds depending on flock size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broiler

IMO, with the issues of avian flu in Canada, TriStar has probably seen an increase in it's sales of this particular model. Why did DM purchase this one over the smaller one? Perhaps this was the model thats most popular with farmers and the distributor may have had it in stock? MOO

Normally, dead carcasses, including chickens, go for rendering into non-food byproducts like bonemeal, feather meal, etc.. Incinerating dead animals is wasteful. Even slaughterhouses send their carcass remains for rendering so that no part of the animal is wasted. It's quite unusual, and probably frowned upon, for a farmer to have an incinerating system for animals.

I finally figured out a number of the characters identified by their initials only...
I have a handle on the principal characters....DM. MS. CN. MM. AJ. SS. AM. AND MWJ.

Just to add to the confusion, MWJ has two co-accused on the gun-trafficking charges - MO and MJW (who is also sometimes referred to as MW).

According to the information filed in court, Odlum is co-accused with two others: Matthew Ward-Jackson, 26, of Mississauga, and Matthew Jackson Wawrykiewicz, 28, of Aurora.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/04/12/tim_bosma_murder_case_laura_babcock_dead_before_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.html

Sorry for the add on, but lets expand on this a wee bit further. The shell casing makes sense with a right handed ejection into the back seat. The panic that ensued when the two accused had a HOLY &%#@ moment after the first shot, they then took Tim out of the truck and possibly running him over rather than shooting outside the truck. (ALL speculation on my part!) The body was then wrapped and carried in one of the two vehicles. Interesting that the Blue Yukon with the hidey plate covers was used here and not the bright red Dodge??? Support for plan A jacking scenario where Tim would be let out in the field and would not be able to identify the Yukon via plate. I suspect they then stopped somewhere along the way to the farm/hanger to have a discussion as to what the heck they were going to do. This is likely where Tim's phone was discovered as well. The sloppy cover up now in full swing.

The shell casing being concealed in the back seat also makes sense if the gun was fired from the back forward. If it ejected to the right it could have bounced against the door and fallen down under the seat as well.

I highly doubt after looking at the photos that TB was run over. I believe his blood had gotten on either the ground or a tarp that was driven over, depositing the droplets that way. The pattern that suggests motion on the muffler shows that they were droplets that had spread, either by say brushing up against tall grass (or corn husks) or from the drag of air while the truck was in motion.

It it has not been proven nor even brought up in court that DM had 'hidey' licence plate covers. I would think that if he actually had such a thing, that it would have been mentioned by the officer who examined his truck. I'm sure it's been given a very through examination.

I do agree that it was a sloppy cover up though, which to me suggests it was not planned, at least not by the person who had the means to cover it up afterwards. Maybe loosely planned by someone who knew his friend would have no choice but to use the tools at his disposal to help him cover his tracks.

All my opinion only.

Have any of you guys been to the actual trial itself so far? I went Friday and I must say it's an awesome experience. I'm extremely bummed out that I can't go everyday like that hipster reporter Adam Carter (and get paid for it and get a great seat) However I will take a day off again next Monday and attend. Very excited for that.

The shell casing being concealed in the back seat also makes sense if the gun was fired from the back forward. If it ejected to the right it could have bounced against the door and fallen down under the seat as well.

I highly doubt after looking at the photos that TB was run over. I believe his blood had gotten on either the ground or a tarp that was driven over, depositing the droplets that way. The pattern that suggests motion on the muffler shows that they were droplets that had spread, either by say brushing up against tall grass (or corn husks) or from the drag of air while the truck was in motion.

It it has not been proven nor even brought up in court that DM had 'hidey' licence plate covers. I would think that if he actually had such a thing, that it would have been mentioned by the officer who examined his truck. I'm sure it's been given a very through examination.

I do agree that it was a sloppy cover up though, which to me suggests it was not planned, at least not by the person who had the means to cover it up afterwards. Maybe loosely planned by someone who knew his friend would have no choice but to use the tools at his disposal to help him cover his tracks.

All my opinion only.

Why would he have no choice? Regardless of whether it was planned or not, it happened. Either one of them could have come forward at any time BEFORE LE caught up with them, and told the truth about what really happened. Neither did. To this DAY, neither are coming clean with what happened. So why would anyone assume one or the other had no choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member