Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post pswmom I know the kind of box you are referring to, but here what I was referring to.

I was putting the very obvious plate holders in question and I see something like Stealth Plate

http://www.fliptheplate.com/usa-curtaincovered-remote-control-hidden-license-plate-system-s-p-3.html

I then figured the black box with the led and switch is the activation box as many of these plate cover systems have. I tow as well and have a brake controller but none of mine require a cigarette lighter or have an led and switch they are typically much more professional and hook directly into the brake control underneath the steering wheel just above the peddles.

The plates on that Yukon are not your standard plate mounts but clearly look like a sneaky plate hiding scheme. I am surprised he was not pulled over and ticketed for this if he drove for any length of time. JMO Is the black box in the photo I included the kind your husband was referring to? Just saying those plate mounts look awfully fishy to me.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It appears that DM installed the original version of the Ghostplate active plate obscuring system:

[video=youtube;uE8WR27PfdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8WR27PfdY[/video]

Ghostplate supplies this switch to control the obscuring; look familiar?

Ghostplate switch.jpg

Anyone notice how dark the Yukon looks, even under lighting? Dark enough to be described as black like the truck witnessed in the Harley theft?

But premeditation can mean a thought that flickered through DM's mind minutes before, that he decided to act upon...premeditation doesn't necessarily mean months of planning. (Though it seems that DM did put months of planning into this, having bought the burner phone months before...)

I would think that buying the burner with a fake name & address 2 months prior to killing Tim only proves DM had intention to be a sneaking liar, at best. Which, is bad enough and certainly raises questions as to what he needed to be a lying sneak about.

Just thinking back over everything we've heard so far and I'm trying to recall if any physical evidence has pointed a finger at MS. We know he was there but I don't recall a single fingerprint or anything that has been brought forth as yet. Am I missing something?

I would think that buying the burner with a fake name & address 2 months prior to killing Tim only proves DM had intention to be a sneaking liar, at best. Which, is bad enough and certainly raises questions as to what he needed to be a lying sneak about.

It was almost a year between the purchase of the incinerator and TB's murder. HTH.
DM purchased the incinerator in June 2012, LE believe LB was murdered the 3rd or 4th of July 2012,
and then TB was murdered May 6, 2013.

Just thinking back over everything we've heard so far and I'm trying to recall if any physical evidence has pointed a finger at MS. We know he was there but I don't recall a single fingerprint or anything that has been brought forth as yet. Am I missing something?

I think the phone pings are the only real thing pointing directly at him on the day in question (and following).

It was almost a year between the purchase of the incinerator and TB's murder. HTH.
DM purchased the incinerator in June 2012, LE believe LB was murdered the 3rd or 4th of July 2012,
and then TB was murdered May 6, 2013.

Right, I meant the burner phone - which he purchased in March.

I am wondering if they will present evidence for him in timeline of events as he gets arrested..we have yet to even see his mugshot or details around his arrest...so far we are up to the discovery of the incinerator and days after at the farm..they will probably give evidence surrounding hangar next and then maybe DM's home> Smich was not arrested for another week I think.

Cell phone pings only at this time IIRC. We haven't seen the video from the hangar, inside and outside yet. Those will be the proof of whether MS was involved that night. MOO.

Is court in session Mon-Thurs or is it a full week Mon-Fri

Maybe some people have a better grasp of the law than other people. I for one did not know anything about the specifics of the law in regards to the particulars of this case without reading hundreds of pages here, and I'm much older than 8. And even with all the experience here, there has still been lively debates about whether or not it is first degree murder if the truck was stopped compared to if the truck was in motion and other finer points of the law. What would have been really useful would have been legal advice, but I doubt either had the luxury of calling a lawyer at that time. It would be interesting to see if either consulted a lawyer after TB's death but prior to their arrest.

The sloppy cover up keeps suggesting that this crime was not planned in advance, again, least not by DM in my opinion. All his involvement so far as I have seen in court has been either centered on actual test drives, or in covering up the crime after the fact. Even just a tiny bit of advance preparations on his part would have eliminated nearly every single clue that Points to his involvement, from covering his tattoos with a long sleeve shirt to shutting off the cameras at the hanger to bringing the incinerator their ahead of time.

All my opinion only.

I guess my point was simply this: to assume one of these guys "didn't have a choice" due to some possible manipulation from one against the other about the way the law works when you kill someone doesn't really sound believable to me given the fact neither MS or DM are developmentally or intellectually disabled. If one or the other were, it would make a lot more sense. Now it will be rather curious if one of them actually uses this as a defense. I still won't believe it even if they do.

moo.

It appears that DM installed the original version of the Ghostplate active plate obscuring system:

[video=youtube;uE8WR27PfdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8WR27PfdY[/video]

Ghostplate supplies this switch to control the obscuring; look familiar?

View attachment 89529

Anyone notice how dark the Yukon looks, even under lighting? Dark enough to be described as black like the truck witnessed in the Harley theft?

Impressive! You have certainly convinced me that what you have found is exactly what's seen in the photo. What are the implications of this find? Regular use of 407ETR?

criminal with experience who wore gloves and kept his head down. DM on the other hand was cocky and felt untouchable. JMO

Impressive! You have certainly convinced me that what you have found is exactly what's seen in the photo. What are the implications of this find? Regular use of 407ETR?

I'm convinced too. Good work Variant! I think someone else mentioned this plate obscuring device as well.

That plus any other activity where one doesn't want the plate number observed by cameras or people - running red lights, leaving the scene of a crime, etc.

I am glad you mentioned having been there.
I live not an impossible distance from Hamilton and was thinking of doing the same. I know you are not allowed to tell u what was discussed and that is perfectly understandable.
But if you can talk about your own experience having been there then
I have a few questions:

--Did you have any reaction when you saw both of the accused sitting there side by side?
--Did you personally observe DM gleaning around, looking for possible acquaintenances in the gallery?....or grinning as he has been reported to have done at times.
--How did you feel about seeing the family in this setting?
--Did you find that the proceedings moved along at a reasonable pace...that is, slow enough for you to follow but not so slow and tedious that it was painful especially during legal arguments with objections flying etc.
--How was the crowd, if there was one given the topic for the day?

Overall I find you enthusiasm is quite infectious.....I am hopeful that you can share with us your personal experience.
Abitcountry

Ya it was kinda surreal to me that I'm actually feet away from them. I kept thinking if I ran up right now and punched DM in the head I'd be semi famous :)

MS had this blank my life is over kinda look on his face throughout. Not a single smile nothing. Just sat there. Didn't even talk to his counsel just stared at the screen in front of him and took some notes. At one point when they called break and he got up to go to the other room he did look at the court (directly at me too) but again no emotion just this blank dead look on his face. DM came in looking grim (He looks exactly like the pics from when he was arrested except add 3 years of wear and tear and stress to his face. He was wearing a dress shirt tucked into his jeans. No belt.) DM looks tall and extremely skinny. Throughout the day he smiled when talking to Pillay. He talked a lot to him. Smiling and seemingly joking. He did look at people in the court once just like MS but no smiles just this sad defeated look on his face. DM and MS even though sitting next to each other did not look at each other once or even came close to it.

I thought to myself how does the family do this. You're feet away from these people who did that to your loved one and you just sit there. I would wanna kill them. But they looked in great spirits. SB was smiling and joking with her female friend on numerous occasions. The rest of the family seemed in good spirits as well. Talking to cops and smiling.

Pace was great loved every bit of it. Very easy to follow and very exciting when they were leaking information about incoming testimony. Not boring or confusing at all.

I'm convinced too. Good work Variant! I think someone else mentioned this plate obscuring device as well.

I noticed the plate was showing up foggy in the evidence photos whenever we first saw them, but I thought it was a passive device/screen (like a monitor privacy screen), I didn't realize there was an electronic component to it. (I knew such things existed, but not the specifics.)

Someone brought up the box / switch being linked to it a few days ago, I think.

So much info to parse. And Variant has always been a good source to have around. :)

Ya it was kinda surreal to me that I'm actually feet away from them. I kept thinking if I ran up right now and punched DM in the head I'd be semi famous :)

MS had this blank my life is over kinda look on his face throughout. Not a single smile nothing. Just sat there. Didn't even talk to his counsel just stared at the screen in front of him and took some notes. At one point when they called break and he got up to go to the other room he did look at the court (directly at me too) but again no emotion just this blank dead look on his face. DM came in looking grim (He looks exactly like the pics from when he was arrested except add 3 years of wear and tear and stress to his face. He was wearing a dress shirt tucked into his jeans. No belt.) DM looks tall and extremely skinny. Throughout the day he smiled when talking to Pillay. He talked a lot to him. Smiling and seemingly joking. He did look at people in the court once just like MS but no smiles just this sad defeated look on his face. DM and MS even though sitting next to each other did not look at each other once or even came close to it.

I thought to myself how does the family do this. You're feet away from these people who did that to your loved one and you just sit there. I would wanna kill them. But they looked in great spirits. SB was smiling and joking with her female friend on numerous occasions. The rest of the family seemed in good spirits as well. Talking to cops and smiling.

Pace was great loved every bit of it. Very easy to follow and very exciting when they were leaking information about incoming testimony. Not boring or confusing at all.

Thank you for joining websleuths and for taking the time to go to court and for sharing your experience. I don't know how victims families do it either it must be so difficult sitting feet away from the people who are responsible for the deep pain you constantly feel in your heart.

Prarie_Dawg did as he knew it wasn't a brake control box, being as they do not plug into a cigarette lighter plug.

My first thought was 407 toll as well. DM may have some smarts after all lol....maybe just .01%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust