Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweet from AC:
Feb 25 2016 11:50 AM We're now hearing about the statement Williams gave to police. She was instructed to go there by RB -- Millard's uncle.

Did DM and RB share the same bookkeeper? How would he know who MA's bookkeeper was to contact her and instruct LW to go to police? MB? Why wouldn't MB have contacted and instructed LW herself to contact police? Better yet MB could have contacted police and suggested they contact LW. This seems beyond smelly don'tcha think? :thinking: MOO.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...f-dellen-millard-s-company-disputed-1.3463996

RB appears to be DM's éminence grise.

Does anyone know how DM and MS became involved with each other? It just seems like an odd relationship, doesn't it? A wannabe gang-banger and a privileged rich kid. Throw in the MWJ connection and I have to wonder just who this DM really is? IMO

Drugs, jmo

Is it just me, or does MS have a very chameleon-like appearance? In some photos I've seen, he looks so young. The photos of him at his sibling's wedding, he doesn't even look like the same person to me. He seems so much older and self-assured, and it's not just his suit, IMO! It's just a curious observation I make.

Also, in DM's mugshot photos, I was struck by the size of his arms and hands. They appear to me to look very strong and powerful. He seems to have a large bone structure. It's again, just my perception perhaps.

MS and DM really do come across as the odd couple, IMO. Of the two, I would find DM's appearance more intimidating in person, I think. His oddly friendly and familiar attitude in court with witnesses and the victim's widow, as observed by reporters, I know would find disconcerting if I witnessed that type of behaviour first hand.

I have no desire to attend the trial and I hope I never have to lay eyes on either accused in person. I know that appearances can be deceiving, but sometimes one just has to rely on one's own instincts to inform them they are in the presence of danger. And whether or not it may seem fair, people are often judged too by the company they keep, IMO.

I wonder if their families have some sort of historical connection that may have led to their friendship, i.e. parents are friends, siblings knew one, etc.

All MOO.

RB appears to be DM's éminence grise.

You may be right Variant but somehow I'm doubting that. Had that been the case, MA would not have become the huge playhouse DM turned it into for him and his buddies and all the toys and non-essentials required for an aviation hangar. That's JMO though.

DUI is a charge under the Criminal Code in Canada. No license is a Highway Traffic Act offence in Ontario.

Except that never happened because of the direct indictment...

Not sure how a witness in the case was able to freely visit him the six times prior but maybe at some point someone said something? Are all those visits recorded? Somehow I don't think so. And according to MH when she visited him, he was even put into a private visitation room with the guard outside the door.

And apparently the other two murder charges for WM and LB didn't deter her either as they were laid in Oct 2013.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...arantee_verdict_in_tim_bosma_murder_case.html

MOO

Although it was still prior to the end of LW's visits, the additional charges weren't laid until April 2014. From your link:

In April, Millard was charged with the murder of his father, Wayne Millard, and Etobicoke woman Laura Babcock, who went missing in 2012.

If the witness wasn't on the no contact list, she can visit as often as she wants. Do you have anything to show that she was on the no contact list, either before or after September?

He was probably in a private booth in the interview because he is in segregation, likely PC. Both interviews, with MH and with the Star, were still behind glass and over a phone.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/12/30/dellen_millard_says_he_didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

Looking forward to hearing more testimony tomorrow and hopefully there will be fewer legal arguments.

Thanks in advance to all those who provide the tweets and updates, and safe travels to those attending the trial in person.

Have a good night! :wave:

Drugs and guns. ;)

I remember this very conversation from nearly 3 years ago "how do these guys even know each other??" All the obvious variables came up: drugs, guns, cars, online gaming (steam), etc. I don't know if it was ever established how they did meet initially, but I remember coming away with the very same impression "drugs and guns".

Many years ago, I had a friend who had a friend who was a meth dealer in southern California. He (my friend) also had a friend from Toronto who also knew the dealer who lived half the year there with one parent, and half the year here with another parent. I wasn't even living here at the time but after 25+ years, all of us (except the meth dealer - no idea where he ended up) ended up in the same area of southern Ontario. It struck me after I recently saw a post of his, commenting on a post of hers on social media, how small this world *really* is, and how easy it would be to be connected to someone without even really knowing it.

When thinking about that, it makes a lot of sense how easy it would have been for DM and MS to meet, find mutual interests and become friends.

fwiw - moo - etc.

In 2009, a former tenant at Dellen’s west-end Toronto rental property
—who was engaged in a dispute with him before the Landlord Tenant
Board at the time—reported to police that she had found Millard and
his friends tampering with the engine of her car the night before her
hearing.
A few years back, a neighbour of the Millards (who asked
not to be identified) complained to police that Dellen and his buddies
sped dangerously down the child-filled street. (Nothing came of these
complaints.)

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/millard2.pdf

Nothing came of these complaints - after going to court or without going to court?

Just heard on the radio that they're expecting to hear from a Forensic Blood Splatter expert this week. Evidence from the truck and gloves are expected- however, the report was from AP, and like other WS's, I've noticed she gets things mixed a bit. Hopefully this week doesn't get bogged down as much as last week.

I think I'm getting really good at figuring out Sachak and Pillay's line of questioning. Something like this for the blood splatter. If it's Pillay- "it was just there- the blood splatter- there was no attempt at hiding it- right?" If it's Sachak- "what time did you see the blood splatter? Exactly, what time did it get there? Did you check with the National Research Council and did you video tape yourself examining the evidence?" MOO

Radio just said DNA forensic expert expected to testify today.

I think I'm getting really good at figuring out Sachak and Pillay's line of questioning. Something like this for the blood splatter. If it's Pillay- "it was just there- the blood splatter- there was no attempt at hiding it- right?" If it's Sachak- "what time did you see the blood splatter? Exactly, what time did it get there? Did you check with the National Research Council and did you video tape yourself examining the evidence?" MOO

And don't forget: "What were you wearing when you examined the blood splatter?"

And.. did you take notes about from which angle you approached the blood evidence and how you got there? How often did you take notes? How specific are your notes?

Tweet from AC:
Feb 25 2016 11:50 AM We're now hearing about the statement Williams gave to police. She was instructed to go there by RB -- Millard's uncle.

Did DM and RB share the same bookkeeper? How would he know who MA's bookkeeper was to contact her and instruct LW to go to police? MB? Why wouldn't MB have contacted and instructed LW herself to contact police? Better yet MB could have contacted police and suggested they contact LW. This seems beyond smelly don'tcha think? :thinking: MOO.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...f-dellen-millard-s-company-disputed-1.3463996

there is a link somewhere but I cannot locate it on AB blog that LW knew Dellen for 7-10 years and met him through Robert Burns...so maybe she is a friend of RB? I'm kinda connecting that she may be friends with the Burns side of the family...I am digging for the link. I can see it in google but when I click on the link to AB's blog I can't locate it there.

My mistake it was the car painter that knew Dellen for 7-10 years and met through his uncle Robert Burns.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/dispatches-from-the-tim-bosma-trial-day-5.html

Tony Diciano is the next witness, with an Italian as opposed to a Russian accent. Tall and white haired, he’s run an auto body shop for 38 years. He’s known Dellen Millard for 7-10 years and met him through his uncle, Robert Burns.

kinda intersting how RB is connected so far to the car painter and the bookeeper..just and observation.

And.. did you take notes about from which angle you approached the blood evidence and how you got there? How often did you take notes? How specific are your notes?

And what training have you had in note taking?
Do you have a certificate or some other formal training in note taking?
Self taught you say ?:groucho:

Good morning all, I can transcribe Adam's blog today. I'll let you know in the main thread if anything changes. Looking forward to interesting developments today!

I'm back at the courthouse this morning for the first day of the Tim Bosma trial this week. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:01 AM

Abitcountry, deugirtni, Ontario Mom, MsSherlock... you guys just gave me a good laugh with your line of questioning - you should all go pro ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member