Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how DM and MS became involved with each other? It just seems like an odd relationship, doesn't it? A wannabe gang-banger and a privileged rich kid. Throw in the MWJ connection and I have to wonder just who this DM really is? IMO

Thanks Iron, you just saved me from typing the same question. As a sleuther I'm kinda intrigued by this friendship, as you mentioned on the surface they seemed to have come from different walks of life, not to mention geographically don't really live close to each other. Since they're both charged in TB's murder and I believe both charged in LB"s murder, how did they end up hooking up together? I think there was some speculation with them meeting via an online gaming site. Not sure about this but was MS ever involved with the whole off-road/Baja race interest that DM and SS concentrated on, or any info on MS involved with the alleged chop-shop activities? Can anyone shed any additional light on the co-accused friendship.

I've been thinking about the no contact list. Is it still covered under the publication ban?

I'm curious to see who was included (and who wasn't). Since the bookkeeper went to visit DM half a dozen times, I'm guessing she was not listed.

Since he had a DWI at some point, I assume he had a license? Or maybe not? Can you get a DWI while driving without a license? No idea if he had one at the time of this murder but he did have some experience driving a vehicle it seems.

MOO

The DWI may be the reason for MS having a bicycle instead of a vehicle. I haven't ever heard a word about MS having any kind of a job history, and his parents probably weren't interested in covering the additional premiums that would have been levied against him after his DUI.

“In Ontario, a typical impaired conviction will move your insurance premiums from around $2,000 to between $8,500 and $10,000 a year – that’s a lot of money,” Murie says.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ect-your-car-insurance-rates/article19100767/

I've been thinking about the no contact list. Is it still covered under the publication ban?

I'm curious to see who was included (and who wasn't). Since the bookkeeper went to visit DM half a dozen times, I'm guessing she was not listed.

I'm not getting why a witness for the prosecution is allowed to visit the accused before trial. Is it possible that LW stopped visiting (was it September 2014?) because that is the time when the Crown advised her she will be called to the stand?

LOL. Maybe, add dope and hustling to that. And for DM and MS, maybe add murder. Just MO.

And online gaming. I think there's a connection there, including some of the new names we've seen at trial.

You stand in front of the seat, that way neither the seat or the pedals are in your way but the handlebars are right in front of you.

I have a BMX bike here in my yard, and I can say with assurance, one cannot properly walk like that, unless one plans on taking teeny tiny awkward steps.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onscdc...AAQAOZGVsbGVuIG1pbGxhcmQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=1

This canlii document cites a small claims court matter which names DM as among the defendants. I can't find any other info related to it, but I'm wondering if this is regarding the small claims court appearance of MB on behalf of DM in 2013, as mentioned by ABro here: http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2015/02/a-libel-case-dellen-millards-mother-etc.html and here: http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns.

I just find it interesting that among the key words for the document on the canlii site is "theft". "[2] Deputy Judge Richardson concluded that the Small Claims Court has jurisdiction because the claims include allegations of theft. The Deputy Judge left the limitations defence to be decided at trial.

rsbm

I hope it's okay to post these links here.

All MOO

Thank you for this Brightii. Why would MB appear in court on her son's behalf? Why wouldn't DM just appear in court himself? He has appeared on dockets for Provincial Court, Superior Court, as a plaintiff and a defendant, etc. So why not just show up?

In the summer of 2013, months after her son’s arrest, she told a judge in Toronto small claims court, where she was appearing on Dellen’s behalf, that he was innocent.

Was this from a charge against him before his arrest for the murder of Tim Bosma?

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns

Thank you for this Brightii. Why would MB appear in court on her son's behalf? Why wouldn't DM just appear in court himself? He has appeared on dockets for Provincial Court, Superior Court, as a plaintiff and a defendant, etc. So why not just show up?

In the summer of 2013, months after her son’s arrest, she told a judge in Toronto small claims court, where she was appearing on Dellen’s behalf, that he was innocent.

Was this from a charge against him before his arrest for the murder of Tim Bosma?

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns

You're welcome, Matou! :D I don't know the details of when the matter first came up.

Wasn't DM in jail at that time in May 2013 and ever since? Would he be allowed to leave to go to a smalls claims court to address the matter himself? I don't know, but I do wonder what the alleged "theft" is all about.

In the comments section in the 1st link of ABro's article, she updated to say that the matter was thrown out of court. I don't know if the case mentioned on canlii is related to the one ABro wrote about, or if DM was involved in two separate small claims court cases.

All MOO.

Good find!

Yes, very interesting! Thanks Brightii! DM et al were originally the respondents and in this document are the applicants. The application was thrown out, from what I understand. Theft is involved in the original application. It seems DM may have tried to have this thrown out. JMO

Thanks Iron, you just saved me from typing the same question. As a sleuther I'm kinda intrigued by this friendship, as you mentioned on the surface they seemed to have come from different walks of life, not to mention geographically don't really live close to each other. Since they're both charged in TB's murder and I believe both charged in LB"s murder, how did they end up hooking up together? I think there was some speculation with them meeting via an online gaming site. Not sure about this but was MS ever involved with the whole off-road/Baja race interest that DM and SS concentrated on, or any info on MS involved with the alleged chop-shop activities? Can anyone shed any additional light on the co-accused friendship.

My personal opinion is that MS was a small time drug dealer in the Oakville area and MWJ was his supplier. DM appeared to have purchased a home in Oakville at some point, may have lived there for a short time, looked for a local dealer and found one in MS. A match made in hell if that's the case as they seem to have become friends at some point prior to LB's disappearance. But that is just my opinion because I have seen nothing that puts the two of them together in a friendship prior to the picture of them at MS's mother's house in Oakville in the driveway where DM showed up in the blue Nova.

MOO

Every time I go to the courthouse I always wonder if there are any fellow WS'ers there. I'm probably going tomorrow as I have the day off. Anyone else? :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Every time I go to the courthouse I always wonder if there are any fellow WS'ers there. I'm probably going tomorrow as I have the day off. Anyone else? :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to head down there in two weeks when I have a week off from work. It would be nice to be there to support the Bosma family. For now I am there in spirit :)

I've snipped my original post and apologize as the source can't be linked on WS. I will say as the Bosma case continues to progress, it should become apparent.

My personal opinion is that MS was a small time drug dealer in the Oakville area and MWJ was his supplier. DM appeared to have purchased a home in Oakville at some point, may have lived there for a short time, looked for a local dealer and found one in MS. A match made in hell if that's the case as they seem to have become friends at some point prior to LB's disappearance. But that is just my opinion because I have seen nothing that puts the two of them together in a friendship prior to the picture of them at MS's mother's house in Oakville in the driveway where DM showed up in the blue Nova.

MOO

I've been reading old posts on ABro's blog. I had forgotten that MS and MM had been living at DM's house while his father was still around.

Mark Smich and his girlfriend, whose name cannot be printed due to a publication ban, were living in the basement of Wayne MIllard’s Etobicoke home for several weeks (at least) before he was allegedly murdered. They were not in a separate apartment, but right in the same house.
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...ived-at-home-of-wayne-and-dellen-millard.html

Well we know DM didn't have MS on the payroll, at least according to LW. Was DM paying MS and MM under the table or "trading" favours? Perhaps DM had allowed them to live in the Maple Gate house in exchange for doing work for DM? Like you Stratocaster, many of us here are interested to know what brought these two together. According to AJ: Asked about Smich, he said he and his girlfriend did whatever Millard wanted them to do. “They showed up with Dell and they left with Dell … Mark did what Dell wanted him to do. I didn’t pay any attention to what they were doing but it was obvious he was helping Dell.” People worked on “cars or construction dell wanted done in building, putting up walls stuff like that.”

Jennings told Dungey it was made clear to him that others’ work assignments were “none of my business … it was made quite clear to me what my position was.”

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/mark-smich

Tweet from AC:
Feb 25 2016 11:50 AM We're now hearing about the statement Williams gave to police. She was instructed to go there by RB -- Millard's uncle.

Did DM and RB share the same bookkeeper? How would he know who MA's bookkeeper was to contact her and instruct LW to go to police? MB? Why wouldn't MB have contacted and instructed LW herself to contact police? Better yet MB could have contacted police and suggested they contact LW. This seems beyond smelly don'tcha think? :thinking: MOO.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...f-dellen-millard-s-company-disputed-1.3463996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214