Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure DM had plans to turn the hangar into a hotel for planes, and that's fine. It would be much less lucrative than the MRO though.

Where DM gets into trouble is that the bank loaned him $3.7 M for equipment for the hangar, and then he decided to leave the hangar empty and rent it out as a shell and keep the millions.

rsbm

Was the loan to DM, or to WM for MA before his death?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

My interpretation of DM's comments in the article is that he didn't want the responsibility of the MRO that WM had planned for prior to his death. DM seemed to have other plans for the hangar, although he inherited the obligation of the debt, as I understand it. I don't think he had any idea how to carry out the plans for the MRO and he didn't seem to want to in any case, IMO.

All MOO.

rsbm

Was the loan to DM, or to WM for MA before his death?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

My interpretation of DM's comments in the article is that he didn't want the responsibility of the MRO that WM had planned for prior to his death. DM seemed to have other plans for the hangar, although he inherited the obligation of the debt, as I understand it. I don't think he had any idea how to carry out the plans for the MRO and he didn't seem to want to in any case, IMO.

All MOO.

Well the loan would have been made to MA, and WM was the one that arranged it.

MA would still be obligated to proceed on their promises, i.e., to buy repair equipment and open an MRO. DM chose to do differently, which would leave the bank asking why it had given him $3.7 M, I mean, for what? He already had an empty hangar that could be used to store planes...you don't need to invest any more money to go that route.

Yes, that seems to be the only case that comes up in my searches (and it doesn't say its Ontario's largest seizure). I don't think that was the one in The news back in 2014 that I'm thinking of.

Sometimes what LE says at the beginning of a case is not so accurate or sometimes what LE says and what reporters write gets garbled. Was it really the "largest computer seizure in Ontario" or "one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario" ??

Apart from the pedophile ring, the other computer seizure cases all seem to be cyber theft, illegal weapons, drug and/or other contraband related. I can't find any inkling of large prostitution or sex related(non pedophile) computer seizures in 2014, but it doesn't mean there wasn't one related to this case.

I think LE has to wait for someone to be found guilty of murder first, then the dominos will fall. Just a very intriguing case.

Sometimes what LE says at the beginning of a case is not so accurate or sometimes what LE says and what reporters write gets garbled. Was it really the "largest computer seizure in Ontario" or "one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario" ??

Apart from the pedophile ring, the other computer seizure cases all seem to be cyber theft, illegal weapons, drug and/or other contraband related. I can't find any inkling of large prostitution or sex related(non pedophile) computer seizures in 2014, but it doesn't mean there wasn't one related to this case.

I think LE has to wait for someone to be found guilty of murder first, then the dominos will fall. Just a very intriguing case.

"one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario" http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4...r-must-be-an-eternity-for-tim-bosma-s-family/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...akes-over-former-millard-air-hangar-1.3019314

What I find interesting about this article (April 2015) is how CW describes the use of the hangar for its new tenants. ""For a lack of a better term it's a hotel for airplanes," airport general manager Chris Wood said Thursday."

And it is also the description used in this interview with DM from Dec. 2013.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...dnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclus ive_interview.html
"He (DM) planned to turn the company’s new hangar into a “fixed base of operations” — a kind of hotel for airplanes offering parking space, fuel services and car rentals."

That is precisely the description the defense counsel used when cross-examining LW.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC [video=twitter;702900959937241088]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/702900959937241088[/video] (via Twitter)
“The plan was to rent out the hangar to planes overnight. "There'd be a hotel for the planes," Sachak says. She responds yes #Timbosma #Bosma
I wonder if CW will testify about whether or not DM or his representatives ever discussed any plans or proposals with CW for the MA hangar to become a hotel for airplanes, prior to May 2013? If so, I wonder if evidence will show that any legitimate efforts were made by MA to bring such a plan to life, pre May 2013?
Does the fact that the hangar was leased at a later date to a company who actually uses it as a hotel for airplanes, give credence to the suggestion by DM that this was his plan all along for the MA hangar in the future?

All MOO

Just some speculation on my part, but " a hotel for planes " " with rental cars " , sounds like it might be attractive to criminals smuggling drugs, even getting rid of bodies, or whatever. IMO

Yes, that seems to be the only case that comes up in my searches (and it doesn't say its Ontario's largest seizure). I don't think that was the one in The news back in 2014 that I'm thinking of.

IMO, this must be the one... pedophile, drug and weapons related, 249 charges-- Sept 2014. Has got the Peel regional LE involved. Also, the Peel regional LE is involved with the MWJ case.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...aphy_and_abuse_probe_leads_to_60_arrests.html

and

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ized-in-sweeping-drug-investigation-1.2847345

Does anyone know how DM and MS became involved with each other? It just seems like an odd relationship, doesn't it? A wannabe gang-banger and a privileged rich kid. Throw in the MWJ connection and I have to wonder just who this DM really is? IMO

Just some speculation on my part, but " a hotel for planes " " with rental cars " , sounds like it might be attractive to criminals smuggling drugs, even getting rid of bodies, or whatever. IMO

And, WM's vision morphs into something completely different under DM!

Does anyone know how DM and MS became involved with each other? It just seems like an odd relationship, doesn't it? A wannabe gang-banger and a privileged rich kid. Throw in the MWJ connection and I have to wonder just who this DM really is? IMO

I know what you mean. One guy has multiple vehicles and the other is on his BMX bicycle when he's arrested (with girlfriend on bike with him?) They seem worlds apart to me. JMO

Well all three like cars.

I know what you mean. One guy has multiple vehicles and the other is on his BMX bicycle when he's arrested (with girlfriend on bike with him?) They seem worlds apart to me. JMO

I wonder where they were going that he rode a bike and she didn't? Why wouldn't he just walk beside her, was he prepared for a speedy getaway?

Oh, and the visual of a 25 year old man riding what I think of as essentially being a children's bike, as slowly as his girlfriend can walk, is a hilarious picture to me.

The BMX bicycle driver nevertheless was able to drive a Yucon by night at full speed behind a stolen Dodge Ram; he must have been behind a steering wheel often enough before. How that?

Maybe that's who they were building the E-bike for...payment? ;)

ETA: He was straddling the bike and just basically walking along side MM when he was first spotted. So he probably had arranged to meet her somewhere and he got there via bike while she may have walked to meet him.

MOO

The BMX bicycle driver nevertheless was able to drive a Yucon by night at full speed behind a stolen Dodge Ram; he must have been behind a steering wheel often enough before. How that?

Since he had a DWI at some point, I assume he had a license? Or maybe not? Can you get a DWI while driving without a license? No idea if he had one at the time of this murder but he did have some experience driving a vehicle it seems.

MOO

As suspected since he first bought the red truck in 2009 for a race in Baja according to witness testimony, DM and AM were in the 2009 Baja 1000 according to this link...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2009/11/article/tecate-score-baja-1000-teams/

So it did appear to be something he did bi-annually, even though he told a reporter during a jail interview that he was planning on going in 2014. Was he trying a pre-emptive strike against what he knew was going to come out as motive to needing a truck? Why did he lie and not say he was planning to return to the race in 2013 before he was arrested?

MOO

If going to the race is going to be used as the motive for the murder, I am sure that the crown has proof that he was entered.

I guess there must be a deadline for entering each year, did anyone catch when that is?

Since he had a DWI at some point, I assume he had a license? Or maybe not? Can you get a DWI while driving without a license? No idea if he had one at the time of this murder but he did have some experience driving a vehicle it seems.

MOO

Because DWI and driving without a licence are both MOT offences, I think we would have heard of a driving w/o licence charge at the same time as the DWI (unless the media just missed it?).

IF he didn't have a licence, that would have probably been an aggravating factor resulting in a more severe penalty than just DWI. JMO

Maybe that's who they were building the E-bike for...payment? ;)

ETA: He was straddling the bike and just basically walking along side MM when he was first spotted. So he probably had arranged to meet her somewhere and he got there via bike while she may have walked to meet him.

MOO

I thought that the LE witness trailing him that day said that they left his house together just before he was arrested?

Just semantics, but it would be nearly impossible to 'walk' while straddling a bike, unless one was extremely bow legged, the peddles would hit your legs. He could have been sitting it and pushing with his legs instead of peddling, or he could have been doing that thing where one stands and ride slowly, zigzagging.

Why didn't he give her a ride on his handlebars, would that be too immature?

My opinion only

I thought that the LE witness trailing him that day said that they left his house together just before he was arrested?

Just semantics, but it would be nearly impossible to 'walk' while straddling a bike, unless one was extremely bow legged, the peddles would hit your legs. He could have been sitting it and pushing with his legs instead of peddling, or he could have been doing that thing where one stands and ride slowly, zigzagging.

Why didn't he give her a ride on his handlebars, would that be too immature?

My opinion only

You stand in front of the seat, that way neither the seat or the pedals are in your way but the handlebars are right in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214