Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I went back and rewatched the video. You are correct that the cab lights can't be seen. My only explanation is that perhaps it's because the truck is angling away from the camera so they are hidden. But a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel does not have a separate switch for cab clearance lights from the factory. I checked the owners manual at http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/owners/manuals/

If you watch real close, just as TB's truck comes into range of the camera, you can see there are no tail lights either but the Yukon has tail lights. Then DM puts on the brakes and the brake lights come on. Seems he's driving with his daylight running lights on only. DM knew he was pulling over and shut off the lights to be less obvious perhaps? When he leave, he turns on the night time lights which make the cab lights and tail lights also light up. MOO.

[video=youtube;e20Ib-wZtmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20Ib-wZtmQ[/video]

Any idea what this is?
Summary
Dellen Millard v. Her Majesty the Queen

(Ontario) (Criminal) (By Leave)

(Publication ban in case)

Keywords
Criminal law - Self-incrimination (ss. 11(c), 13).

Summary
Case summaries are prepared by the Office of the Registrar of the Supreme Court of Canada (Law Branch) for information purposes only.

Criminal law – Self-incrimination – Testimony – Whether the judge’s order compels the testimony of the Applicant pursuant to s. 527 of the Criminal Code

The Applicant seeks leave to appeal the orders of MacDonnell J. dated August 17, 2015 and Belobaba J. dated December 2, 2015.
http://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/info/sum-som-eng.aspx?cas=36766

My English knowledge is in reality not good enough to understand such texts. :eek: Nevertheless I tried to understand with the help of Google translation - not very helpful in most cases. I combine the following: DM was ordered to give his testimony before court and didn't want to because of self-incrimination.

P.S. If this post gets deleted then I will understand the reason. :blushing:

Great first post!

I, too, am very curious about the extra trip past Super Sucker. It shows that after they left TB's home, they did not go straight to the field where the Yukon was likely parked. Instead, they drove north past Super Sucker, perhaps all the way to Wilson St. and beyond, then drove back 10 minutes later to pick up the Yukon. This increases the area where TB could have been shot significantly. And you're right, it all fits into the timeline.

Thanks for your timeline!
Where do you and Quaere_veritatem think TB was wrapped into a tarp (?) and was placed onto the truck bed?

But DM put his fingerprint on the mirror when he readjusted it to drive the truck, and MS never did (and he would have to: he's much smaller than DM)

We know Millard was the original driver, which would explain the print. But it should be noted that he was stupid enough to actually touch the glass which is very receptive to fingerprints. Most people don't do that, and will grasp the mirror by the frame edge which is usually a textured plastic, less receptive to prints. So it is still quite possible that they traded rides and Smich drove the Ram. I agree that it makes more sense that Millard drove the Ram, but at this point we have zero evidence to support that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABro is no longer planning on writing the ebook. She updated her blog post yesterday.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2014/09/coming-up-new-ebook-on-dellen-millard.html

I think she made the right decision. I feel that many of the things that this case promised have not been delivered. The storyline of this book sounded promising, "millionaire playboy accused of murder over a truck?". But evidence has shown that Millard isn't the charming millionaire that we were led to believe he was. He certainly wasn't a playboy either. And the big question, why a person of his stature would kill for a truck has pretty much been answered. This case has become a simple case of a bunch of degenerate punks killing a man for his vehicle. This kind of thing happens every day and is certainly not the stuff of best selling novels.

ABro is no longer planning on writing the ebook. She updated her blog post yesterday.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2014/09/coming-up-new-ebook-on-dellen-millard.html

I think she made the right decision. I feel that many of the things that this case promised have not been delivered. The storyline of this book sounded promising, "millionaire playboy accused of murder over a truck?". But evidence has shown that Millard isn't the charming millionaire that we were led to believe he was. He certainly wasn't a playboy either. And the big question, why a person of his stature would kill for a truck has pretty much been answered. This case has become a simple case of a bunch of degenerate punks killing a man for his vehicle. This kind of thing happens every day and is certainly not the stuff of best selling novels.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that post of ABro's is in regard to her intended 'ebook', which she had mentioned long ago that she would be publishing to include the 'jailhouse letters'. I believe she is still in contract with a major publisher to write a printed/regular book (which I'm sure will also be published in ebook form). This case is one of the most famous cases in Hamilton, and generates a lot of interest. Aside from that, books are often written about murder cases. I personally can't wait to read all of the books published about all of these intertwining cases. MOO

I doubt MS or family has funds for a lawyer. I would assume his lawyer is legal-aid and is banking on the exposure rather than the cash. It's like a win-win.

There plenty of money for DM lawyers... his Mother has been liquidating his assets. The hangar has been re-leased, father's house, the fancy condo he got possession of day after the abduction, and the farm have been sold. There is another property, but a Bank has dibs on that one - that 3 million dollar loan needs to be paid back.

Rumor is that DM wants to be own lawyer for LB murder - I am not convinced that's because there is concern about cash to pay. He gets extra privileges - access to computer etc... I think he will buck up in the end anyways...

Does anyone know IF the other trials are scheduled yet>?

Millards defence for the upcoming trials depend greatly on what happens in this trial IMO. If for instance he is sentenced to life without parole for Bosma, what would be the point of further depleting family funds to fight the LB allegations. If on the other hand he was cleared in this case, one would expect a vigorous defence of the LB charges.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that post of ABro's is in regard to her intended 'ebook', which she had mentioned long ago that she would be publishing to include the 'jailhouse letters'. I believe she is still in contract with a major publisher to write a printed/regular book (which I'm sure will also be published in ebook form). This case is one of the most famous cases in Hamilton, and generates a lot of interest. Aside from that, books are often written about murder cases. I personally can't wait to read all of the books published about all of these intertwining cases. MOO

If there is interest in this case, it certainly doesn't extend past Hamilton. Here in Toronto the trial is getting a very small daily write up on pg 3 and barely a mention on radio or tv.

Would a book sell? Sure, a few copies in Hamilton maybe, but it's not going to do the numbers of say Lethal Marriage.

If there is interest in this case, it certainly doesn't extend past Hamilton. Here in Toronto the trial is getting a very small daily write up on pg 3 and barely a mention on radio or tv.

Would a book sell? Sure, a few copies in Hamilton maybe, but it's not going to do the numbers of say Lethal Marriage.

Counterpoint: I'd never heard of many of the crimes Anne Rule wrote about before I read her books on them. And the publishing world is changing fast, but it's still more about marketing than initial perceived interest.

There is still a TON of crazy and disturbing stuff to unpack about this case even now that we know DM was considerably more "trashy" than we thought.

Millards defence for the upcoming trials depend greatly on what happens in this trial IMO. If for instance he is sentenced to life without parole for Bosma, what would be the point of further depleting family funds to fight the LB allegations. If on the other hand he was cleared in this case, one would expect a vigorous defence of the LB charges.

Personally, I haven't heard of a case where a defendant hasn't bothered to defend himself just because he was already convicted and serving a sentence for a different crime. If DM is sentenced to life in the TB case, I'm sure there will be an appeal, which would likely take years. I think we have to deal with what we have to deal with. DM is on record as defending himself in the LB case anyway, so it shouldn't tap into his finances *too* much, if anything much is left after defending himself in the other 2 cases. MOO

Is that a fact or your opinion?

My feeling is that a major book publisher wouldn't have contracted with ABro if they did not expect the book to do well.

I (and it seems lots of other WSers) are super interested in this case, and even though we follow it daily, it is difficult to keep up with. If not interested enough to spend the hours trying to keep up with the day-to-day on this case, I can imagine there are *many* others who would be most interested in reading a book about it once it's all over, in a neat little package without all of the unnecessary details.

MOO

Could it be that DM is being compelled to testify in CN's trial?

Now that would be interesting!

March 20 Update: I’m no longer planning the ebook. A publisher friend talked me out of it. Feel free to leave a comment if you want to know more.

Unless that is March 20 2015? Maybe ABRO can clarify?

I'm sure that comment was there last year. ABro was thinking of a preview ebook but she have up on the idea of a sneek peek.

ETA: asked and answered on Twitter:

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 17s17 seconds ago
@*advertiser censored* I am writing a book on the case. Last year I shelved plans for the pre-trial ebook

Thanks for your timeline!
Where do you and Quaere_veritatem think TB was wrapped into a tarp (?) and was placed onto the truck bed?

I don't even know if TB's body was placed in the truck bed, although the luminol test certainly indicated a presence of blood in that area. If they did move TB's body to the truck bed, I would guess that it was done either when they stopped in Brantford or when they picked up in the incinerator from the farm in Cambridge.

[Warning: disturbing content]

I don't think they would have moved his body to the truck bed while they were in Ancaster. The reason is that a lot of blood had to spill out in the passenger area, seep through the carpet, and pool up in the floor of the truck in accordance with the forensic analyst's findings. If they had moved the body right away there would not have been time for this amount of blood to spill out.

It is possible that they moved the body when they stopped in Brantford. However, depending on the exact spot that they stopped along the side of the road, there could have been a steep ditch that would have made it difficult to move a body out of the passenger side. Check out the Street View to see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214