Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound too much like a conspiracy theorist, but does anyone else find it odd that CB was recently charged with drug possession with the intent to traffic. He too has ties to DM as DM borrowed his boat for a cruise with 1 or 2 women after which blood was found on board:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/policeandCourt/2016/01/06-blodgett-drug-charges-sudbury.aspx
WOW! Sounds like a real stoner community up there, judging from the comments from the locals!

I'm playing serious catch up here but I'm wondering if we know anything about the toolbox and back pack after they were dropped at the Shoppers in Oakville?

<BBM>
Doesn't this contradict the apparently unorganized nature of TB's murder?
IMHO, TB's murder was not unplanned. IMHO, it was well planned by DM and aside for a couple hiccups, it went exactly the way DM expected it to. IMO, there were few surprises: the truck, the murder, the incineration, the clean up. Matter of fact, it was so well planned that DM would have time to get the truck in for a fast paint job. The plan started to go off the tracks when SS couldn't get the windshield off to allow for a VIN switch.....then AJ called Crime Stoppers. IMO, DM had to think of another plan quickly.

10 pounds wouldn't just make him a dealer ... it would make him a serious dealer. Even one ounce could constitute a dealer.

:gaah: lot of reefer madness going on in here. I thought Canada was more or less enlightened. Zero relevance anyways to matters of murder at hand, imo. not just saying this to you, but the whole forum.

Strange why this thread has gone to pot considering police have not mentioned seizing any as evidence in this murder case.

Heck , police dont even have the gun , or a box of ammo ..... all we know is they recovered a common yellow toolbox with one grain of gunpowder residue that was supposedly with a duffell bag that smelled like weed.

If I was on the jury that one grain of GSR is pretty slim pickings as far as proving anything about anything

:gaah: lot of reefer madness going on in here. I thought Canada was more or less enlightened. Zero relevance anyways to matters of murder at hand, imo. not just saying this to you, but the whole forum.

"enlightened", as in, dealing in large quantities of marijuana shouldn't be seen as a crime?

It's currently on the books as a crime, and may explain why MH was reticent to testify fully, and explain some of the hold DM had over his many "best friends".

large? sigh. look I'm team Bosma. I'm team justice. Grass has nothing to do w what happened imo, & also, locking people up for smoking it is the opposite of civilized. I know a multitude of smokers none of whom thieve, murder, or wax evil incarnate.

Has anyone had the thought wondering if the gang of thieves were waiting at the Brantford Bobcat site? I'm seeing Bobcat as a theme. IMO

Also in my random ink spots of the video looked like several people but told myself that wasn't the case. (Think me crazy but keep it to yourself pls).

I had actually wondered about that as well, so count me crazy with you. Lol :gasp:

Like others here have said, we'll likely never know the whole truth about this crime and those who had some connection to it.

All MOO

large? sigh. look I'm team Bosma. I'm team justice. Grass has nothing to do w what happened imo, & also, locking people up for smoking it is the opposite of civilized. I know a multitude of smokers none of whom thieve, murder, or wax evil incarnate.

People don't get locked up in Canada for cannabis, they pay fines.

What about DM's "narcotics"? Tell me that stuff isn't the devil. Why was LB attracted to DM? I think the guy was a big time dealer.

The question about why CN was charged and others weren't (specifically SS, AM & MH but also anyone else we haven't even heard about yet, if there are more) as accessory after the fact has been bugging a lot of us I think.

I think it just comes down to knowledge

Yes, in essence this is the distinction. To be an accessory after the fact of murder, the person must know that the one they are assisting has committed a murder (or at least, a homicide likely to be a murder). Although the others in DM's "entourage" have certainly known DM has committed crimes, there hasn't been any evidence so far that any of them had reason to believe DM had committed a murder (although if the LB and WM cases go to trial we may learn that some of these players did know or ought to have known). But CN's case is different in that she appears to have been directly involved in covering up the homicide itself and evidence concerning it, and (we may infer) knowing that it has taken place. The knowledge is key, although it does not need to be accurate knowledge. Since DM was a habitual liar, he could and probably did tell her something quite different from the truth.Her testimony may clarify a lot of this.

Other instances of concealing information, evidence etc. were not in the context of the witness knowing that a murder had been committed; they were concealing evidence of crimes but not of homicide based on what they knew at that time.

Here's a good summary of the legalities involved:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Offences/Accessory_After_the_Fact

I've been on the road for work and missed some of the nuances the last two weeks or so but have also wondered (as someone earlier mentioned) whether CN might have been driving the Yukon. I've tended to dismiss this since charges against her don't reflect that (she wasn't accused of being a party to the crime), but can't work out a scenario that fits the facts of the crime as we know them so far. I originally believed the shooting took place at the hayfield (when Tim likely got suspicious and may have tried to escape), but the video evidence suggests they didn't stop there long enough for any such struggle; OTOH, I can't imagine TB sitting placidly in the front seat following that obviously duplicitious move in going back to pick up the Yukon and having MS (presumably) drive it. Then, why the detour in Brantford? A lot of little things don't fit together. Unlikely we are going to get the whole story, either.

People get locked up here every day for smoking it, & if you have an ounce they try to say you sell it too. I've been locked up for it. I saw the murderers march by, chained together, stomping beats on the cement floor while shaking their chains, rapping murderers raps. I didn't belong there for smoking it, & people don't belong there for selling it either imo the tax revenue can help entire cities that need it desperately. I don't know about narcotics for DM I suspect he dealt them as party favours & to get people in his grasp, maybe selling? I think, again imo, that he was an omnicriminal/sociopath, different from regular people in so many ways.

I was remembering a conversation from 2013 where it was commented about maybe playing real life Grand Theft Auto. I did a Google search and it seems some of the missions include collecting a bobcat, rocket launcher, lawn mower, and even flowers. What do you all think?

Thanks! Been toying with the idea of posting this thought myself.

It is not my intention to attack anyone here.....
I am making a simple observation .....You frequently analyze quite thoroughly and often catch flaws. I merely suggested that it might be interesting to hear your theory in a broader sense because it is obvious you are following very closely.
I don't adhere to any one theory in particular. I think it best to hear all the facts before drawing conclusions, as I've stated several times before. What purpose does it serve to simply guess?

I don't think weed was in the bag. It probably smelled like weed so a grain of truth from Hagerman. I think he knows what was in it and it wasn't weed. I suppose this bag wasn't found since we would have seen it as evidence by now. JMO

Strange why this thread has gone to pot considering police have not mentioned seizing any as evidence in this murder case.

Heck , police dont even have the gun , or a box of ammo ..... all we know is they recovered a common yellow toolbox with one grain of gunpowder residue that was supposedly with a duffell bag that smelled like weed.

If I was on the jury that one grain of GSR is pretty slim pickings as far as proving anything about anything

I respectfully disagree.
Robert Gerald testified saying:
there was "one particle consistent with gunshot residue" in the tray portion of the toolbox. He says that means a firearm was either discharged nearby, or discharged and then placed inside, or handled by someone with GSR on their hands. "It shows an association even at one particle."
The toolbox was found in the possession of the same man who's phone pings showed him to be in the same area at the same time as TB truck from which significant particles of GSR were also recovered along with TB blood. If I was a juror this would be very convincing. MOO

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-trial-gunshot-residue-expert-1.3480618

What exactly was so special about Millard that everyone felt the need to lie to defend him? Why did Millard get Noudga to call Hagerman incessantly about the toolbox? Why not someone else? Why not call Michalski to deal with BOTH the bag and the toolbox?

I don't know what role drugs played, if any, in TB's murder but I do think for both DM and MS drugs were a part of their lifestyles.

Then again, up until MH testified this week, I didn't imagine DM was summoning his entourage to run around periodically after dark to participate in theft missions for kicks whenever DM got into a mood.

I'm learning by following this case to be ready for the unexpected. And in the coming week(s) there will likely be more surprises. Who could have predicted a crime like TB's murder and incineration? Who would have suspected the accused of being capable of murder? None of their family or friends it would seem. IMO, there's a lot of room to speculate on myriad details and components of the crime because not one among us has all the answers.

All MOO.

Millard was moving his evidence around. He moved the truck and other items over to his mother's place. He got someone to pick up the toolbox and backpack. He incinerated a man's body. What else? Likely something to do with the hoses and all the water he used at his Riverside home.

I'm at a loss to understand why others have not been charged with accessories after the fact here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader