Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the quickest way to get to billandrews time line/ evidence / witness pages that are at the bottom of his/her posts? i always scroll the thread to find one of his/her last posts and this takes a lot of time!

You might just want to save the link to his profile, which is here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?101217-billandrew

When you click on it, you will see a list of his posts in order from most recent backwards and you can click on one to find the links to his evidence, timeline and witness documents.

If you're referring to those often, you might try saving them in your "favorites" so you don't have to scroll down each time, but whatever works for you.

A quicker way to find the posts of any user is to go to the Advanced Search box at the top of each page, and enter the username, and the profile and activity list will be displayed. It's quicker than scrolling through many pages to find the post you want.

Thank you, it is not billandrews posts specifically (although very good) it is the choice of clicking on the links of the bottom of the posts that i like . The handy link to timeline and exhibits and what not...

IMO MB is a witness for the defence, not the crown. On the FB discussion page a few weeks ago there was a post that Smich's mother and sister had been in the court room that day.

That's my prediction as well. I don't think MS will be launching a defense, hence the reason why his family may have been seen in the courtroom. I'm almost certain DM will, can't imagine someone like him not trying to get his lies in, and I think that MB will be one of his witnesses.

MOO

I've always wondered this too. Heck MB could be funding the defence for DM to protect herself as much as to help her son.

I recall the family fortune was originally made flying auto parts around. It just appears to be way too much overhead, unless you are dealing stolen goods or drugs IMHO... I know zero about the business.

The "family fortune" went bankrupt in 1990. Millardair could no longer make a go of it using their small fleet of WW2 era DC-3's, R4D's, and DC-4's. They ended their days being picked for parts and being scrapped at Brantford airport in the 1990's. I remember walking the apron at Brantford a few times on Sunday lunch outings with my father, and seeing their sad state then. IIRC, Millardair also had an inactive storage hanger there.

I'm not sure what Millardair did throughout the 1990's and into the 2000's, until Carl Millard died in 2006.. but newspaper articles as i remember them indicated that Millardair was stuck in a time-warp in terms of lack of modernization during that period of time... they weren't making much in the way of money to top up the family fortunes.

If I were Smich's defence lawyer, I would want to paint the picture that MS was beholden to DM, owed him, and MS was forced to go on the RAM "mission" for repayment, not of free will.

I'd argue that MS understood that they were going to switch seats with TB and when TB was out of the truck for a moment, drive off on him.

I'd argue MS didn't know that the gun was with DM, and that DM shot TB through the neck (as TD alleged before)

I'd argue MS was a drug user and follower and in a haze, perhaps under the influence of DM's drugs.

I'd argue MS feared for his life afterwards and continued to follow DM and do his bidding out of that fear.

I don't know what the heck I would argue if DM was my client. I see some kind of out for MS, but nothing of the kind for DM.

Then why was Smich so freaked out about having the toolbox and trying to get rid of it?

IMO Smich was freaked out because the toolbox was the unspoken message from DM to him saying "you made the mess you clean it up". There was mention that Smich made the statement that he though Dellen was trying to frame him.

I think speeding too. If he was busted for stunt driving, it would be a 7 day suspension. If he had accumulated 15 demerit points, it would be a 30 day suspension.

I HATE stunt driving. HATE it. I still remember the cabbie who was killed on Mt Pleasant in Toronto by two racing a-holes. Their families called them "good kids". They were adults. And even if they were 16, if you wouldn't approve of your son literally throwing rocks at passersby in case they might get even just a bruise then DO NOT turn a blind eye or excuse their behaviour as "bad decisions", "boys being boys" , "not criminal". Did you raise your son to not throw rocks at others? then why didn't you raise him to treat driving as a privilege. RANT OVER.

I HATE stunt driving. HATE it. I still remember the cabbie who was killed on Mt Pleasant in Toronto by two racing a-holes. Their families called them "good kids". They were adults. And even if they were 16, if you wouldn't approve of your son literally throwing rocks at passersby in case they might get even just a bruise then DO NOT turn a blind eye or excuse their behaviour as "bad decisions", "boys being boys" , "not criminal". Did you raise your son to not throw rocks at others? then why didn't you raise him to treat driving as a privilege. RANT OVER.

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC Apr 6
Hagerman now talking about a period in October 2012 when Hagerman drove for Millard because his license expired #Bosma

IMO Smich was freaked out because the toolbox was the unspoken message from DM to him saying "you made the mess you clean it up". There was mention that Smich made the statement that he though Dellen was trying to frame him.

IMO, he was freaked out because DM had been arrested. From Molly Hayes' article on 4/5:

Daly recalls that on May 10 — the day Dellen Millard was arrested — he learned about it [the toolbox] from Smich. He said that Smich, from that point on, was “jumpy” and “nervous,” always looking over his shoulder.​

Smich moved from his family home to his girlfriend's sister's place at this point, Daly says. He deactivated his Facebook page and stopped using his cell phones. Daly says he was able to reach Smich after that through his girlfriend, Marlena Meneses's phone.​

I think all MS's talk about people out to get him was a cover because he wasn't willing to tell even BD that his true fear was arrest.

I am struggling with how all of this works. No Discussion threads, closed down threads, opened up threads.....can someone tell me an easy way to navigate so you go to the most recent discussion? Hope this does not reveal how dense I am. Basically I have been posting but it is as if I am walking through a fog through the whole site. I have never been on something like this before.

And often out even before 15 years are up in some cases. Sadly.

I believe AM knew that MS was the co-conspirator for the truck theft. AM would have been questioned possibly the morning DM's house was raided. AM would already know DM was arrested for the theft of Bosma's truck and that Bosma was still missing. MH said that AM was in a panic and in shock, especially when you might be caught with some potential incriminating evidence that was handed over to you for safe keeping. They knew Smich was the other guy.

Also on this day, May 7, 2013, Mr. Millard told his roommate that they had stolen a truck on May 6, the day before. This roommate already knew that Mr. Millard and Mr. Smich planned to steal a truck of this kind. The Accused had told him this plan on the weekend.

They knew now on the 10th that Millard and Smich stole the truck and a man was missing....so why not dump the stuff off to Smich..who knows what contact at this point AM had with MS..but we do know that MS was using Daly's phone out on the balcony because he had gotten rid of all his phones and there was no way to contact Smich, therefore I am assuming it was Smich that contacted AM from Daly's phone after hearing that DM was arrested. IMO

This is where I get confused: from opening statement..unless they mean AM and MH-by leaving it in the stairwell for MS to pick up..because I wasn't aware that DM knew Arthur (as the mutual friend). Hopefully we hear from Arthur.

After the arrest of Mr. Millard, Mr. Smich obtained possession of the toolbox from mutual friends of the two Accused. Mr. Smich was aware of the arrest of Mr. Millard and he took steps to gain control and possession of the locked toolbox.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

It is very obvious that DM and MS are adversaries now in defense. And when did that start and why?

Can someone help decipher the BD testimony: was MS afraid of DM only after DM's arrest? Only after MS received the toolbox?

I wonder if DM had no intent of framing MS. Perhaps AM, in his desire to get rid of the evidence, wanted MS (as he understood to be the second party to the abduction) to have to take on the responsibility of getting rid of the evidence. Perhaps AM made up that DM was threatening MS; AM misled MS that MS better take the toolbox or else DM would do something to MS.

We have somewhat deducted that MS and DM were together on the 9th. MS may have run into the house (ignoring BD) due to LE moving in rather than any conflict with DM. Did this happen in the evening after DM may have heard from SS.

All hairy-a$$ed speculation (if i can borrow a term from a high school math teacher).

I am struggling with how all of this works. No Discussion threads, closed down threads, opened up threads.....can someone tell me an easy way to navigate so you go to the most recent discussion? Hope this does not reveal how dense I am. Basically I have been posting but it is as if I am walking through a fog through the whole site. I have never been on something like this before.

Each day that the trial is running with the jury present, there is a thread for that day, which closes when the next trial day starts. On weekends, there is a discussion that starts on the day following the last day of testimony/trial, which is called Weekend discussion # (whatever week of trial we're in). You are currently in the correct, & most up to date discussion right now. And it doesn't mean you're dense, just not familiar with the forum. :cheers:

IMO, he was freaked out because DM had been arrested. From Molly Hayes' article on 4/5:

Daly recalls that on May 10 — the day Dellen Millard was arrested — he learned about it [the toolbox] from Smich. He said that Smich, from that point on, was “jumpy” and “nervous,” always looking over his shoulder.​

Smich moved from his family home to his girlfriend's sister's place at this point, Daly says. He deactivated his Facebook page and stopped using his cell phones. Daly says he was able to reach Smich after that through his girlfriend, Marlena Meneses's phone.​

I think all MS's talk about people out to get him was a cover because he wasn't willing to tell even BD that his true fear was arrest.

IMO I think it is likely that Smich had a dope user paranoia that developed even further when he had actual reasons to be paranoid. The police were actually following him around, he was likely wondering why he had not been arrested much sooner than he actually was and he may have come to the conclusion on his own that he was under police surveilance and as time went on he realized he was painting himself into a corner.

IMO I think it is likely that Smich had a dope user paranoia that developed even further when he had actual reasons to be paranoid. The police were actually following him around, he was likely wondering why he had not been arrested much sooner than he actually was and he may have come to the conclusion on his own that he was under police surveilance and as time went on he realized he was painting himself into a corner.

That makes sense. I think when the media showed up at his momma's house, he knew he was known. I think the "I f---ed up" comments were about the fact that he knew that he was going to be caught. It was inevitable.

shoot no...um when billandrew puts a post up - at the bottom of it you will notice three links you can click that bring you to some evidence pages - sorry if it is still only as clear as mud.
If I understand you correctly, you just need to click on his name in the top left and view his posts. Hope this helps.

How do you figure it's remorse. I see it that this punk is crying because he's being exposed for what he really is. This guy knowingly participated in these missions, he probably knowingly helped hide the gun that he knew killed Tim Bosma, and he lied on three different police statements. Why didn't he have remorse then? He knew Tim was dead. Why not call the cops about the toolbox. Because of this punk the murder weapon is gone. He should be in jail. I feel his participation is almost on a par with CNs, so why no charges?

I feel empathy for TB's family and to those who loved him. I feel no empathy for DM's sycophants who are now at the court's mercy and are testifying in their own best interests. Tears or no tears. The tears are only happening because they got caught. As for why no charges? I think the police now and then are giving them all enough rope and given enuf are hoping they will hang themselves inside their own testimony and outside. I am hoping that they will be arrested and charged for something before this is all over. This is a complicated case. I am no lawyer....but there are cases being built right now that may be too complicated for the average joe to understand. Afterall they got OJ Simpson in the end...it was for something else but he went to the big house and is rotting there.

Also keep in mind LE released descriptions of the suspects on May 8 (timeline) and here's a news article on the 10th saying TB's cellphone had been found.

I have bookmarked this site to go directly to "New Posts" . You can find that tab on the top, far left side of the page. When the "New Posts" page loads, I scroll down to click on any topics that interest me. If I am returning to a topic that I have been following, I click on it, and once the page loads, there is a place at the top of the thread where you can click "View First Unread". I click that, and it takes me right to where I left off.

I think that the "Quicklinks" would be helpful too, even though I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro