Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I don't give any credence to what SS has to say about that video. He is not exactly a reliable witness, IMO and may well have ulterior motives for why he was not 100% truthful and apparently trying to cover for DM on the stand.

All MOO.

I haven't followed this case closely enough to remember all the details, so correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the video surveillance expert testify about the identity of the persons seen in the hangar video? I remember he testified that one man was wearing a satchel. Was he able to make a positive ID of the second person or say that the video image of the second person was consistent with MS?

wow why would they not just pre plan resuming tomorrow instead of bringing jury back and witness now here for 2nd day and still yet to testify. Seems silly to have asked them to come back for a few hours when they were still in legal arguments.

I'm sure the issues were settled this morning,then the defense had the whole lunch hour to come up with more stuff to delay and try to keep out.

Since the 7th in the morning MS had changed his behavior and had great fear of the "n....s" - now I*m coming with my everlasting (with pauses) THIRD MAN :drumroll: Maybe DM had the weapon/weapons in his custody and there WAS a third man (waiting for the truck at a certain place), then MS perhaps referred to DM plus 3rd man as the "n....s" who wouldn't play around (forgot the exact wording). They (DM+3rd) would have a car, a weapon and an incinerator - enough to have all time fear for one's life. Only a theory!!!

BBM
I believe BD testified that MS's behaviour changed AFTER DM's arrest......IIRC

This AM guy must have alot of dirt, the Defence is probably sweating bullets in legal args.

SC would likely answer if someone who tweets asks her the question......tweeting is beyond my ability......

I'm hoping to learn twitter some day. :blushing: I don't get answers so I think there is a missing detail which maybe wrong with my tweets.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s21 seconds ago
Jury is waiting in the wings. Still legal arguments though.

I was going to start out saying I feel sorry for the people sitting in court all day waiting for the trial to begin ........ then it dawned on me they are getting to hear all the juicy things we and the jury do not get to hear ..... probably more interesting than the published stuff

Well, you've just answered what I've been wondering about all morning as I did not follow the Victoria Stafford case. This is the first trial I have followed and all these legal arguments seem very excessive. I can only imagine what the Bosma family is feeling and thinking at this point. If I were Sharlene I would just want to scream!

BBM....Can you imagine the family sitting there listening to the Defense lawyers arguing that a certain piece of damning evidence shouldn't be allowed? Or a very telling question not being able to be asked? I can't even fathom what that would be like for the family. MOO

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Still in holding patter. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Still currently in a recess. No sign of the jury just yet.
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

Court now back in session. The jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 2:43 PM

The testimony from SS identifying DM and MS at the hangar was one of the few Crown positive things from SS during his testimony... so I'm hanging on to it. Hope the jury is also. MOO

I understand your hope. I too want justice in the end, but if the evidence does not convince me that it is MS in that hangar video, that would not be justice, IMO. Should I lie about what I truly think to appease others?

I can't get to where everyone else is about that video, and trust me I would gladly do so if I could because it would be easier on me. As I see it, there are discrepancies in known photos of MS when compared to that person in the video. The bulk of the person is heavier IMO than scrawny MS, and the head and hair don't seem to me like MS. I'd like to see TD get a gait expert on the stand to compare MS's gait with the person in the video. I don't rely on SS's identification testimony as I think he himself did a good job of discrediting much of what SS said and why, and due to what I perceive as what he knew but did not say.

I think it is a possibility that it is not MS in that video. If I'm thinking it, perhaps some jurors are thinking it too. I can't help what I think. I am not trying to be a contrarian, I'm trying to be as objective as is possible, and I'm trying to assess things without pressure of anyone else to make me see things differently, just because my opinions are unpopular.

I'm really not trying to convince anyone else to agree that what I think is true. I just want the freedom to express what I do think and I'm not attached to being right. If I saw/heard evidence that convinced me otherwise I'd be happy to admit it here. It's not a contest about whose theories or opinions are right, IMO, it's about sharing what we each all honestly think.

All MOO.

i am starting to think there will be no testimony today....arrrgggghh. what the heck is going on. Yes I know every trial has it's legal arguments...but this all seems quite excessive no? I followed along with the Victoria Stafford trial and do not recall anything anywhere near this!

The fact that the accused are being tried together complicates things as you've now got three competing interests rather than two.

Here we go... you ready Snooper? I have a feeling this is going to be a busy few hours of tweets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader