Boulder Police meet with JonBenet Ramsey's now adult brother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where is JAR now?
Too bad he wasn't home that night,IMO he would have told the truth.Cause this is how an innocent person cooperates .I am convinced now that JAR didn't do it and is not involved and doesn't know anything.Seems like a very smart man.And I think he cared a lot about JB.

ST Page 56
We asked him to put his thoughts on paper, and he wrote a document that brimmed with feelings about his little stepsister being murdered, giving us a glimpse into his world. He caught our attention immediately by writing, "I think it was someone that had intimate knowledge of my family and how we lived day to day. Why would they leave the ransom note on the back staircase instead of the front?" Good question, I thought. How would a stranger know which stairway Patsy Ramsey would come down that morning?

He ridiculed the idea of a small foreign faction being involved, was certain the crime had nothing to do with his father's company, and questioned why a ransom note was left at all. "Why did they ask for $118,000? I could pay that amount," he wrote. Someone was envious of their wealth and thought of the Ramseys as "rich bastards," he said.

John Andrew told us that whoever did this was probably uneducated, were amateurs at kidnapping, and had seen the movie Ransom, in which the family of Mel Gibson's character was a "spitting image" of his own. He did not believe anyone came in through the broken basement window. They had a key, he surmised.

In one comment, he described his stepmother as "flashy" and guessed that the killer might be someone close to her.

John Andrew also buttressed the comments of the housekeeper's husband, Mervin Pugh, and former nanny Suzanne Savage about the house being difficult to navigate. "You don't know your way around real easy right off the bat. . . . You have to open lots of doors. It has lots of ups and downs," and the basement entrance was hard to find. It was becoming very clear to the police just how difficult it would have been for any stranger to get to that distant basement storage room."

Does anyone know if JAR and BR have a close relationship in the present?
I have to say one thing: JBR was his half-sister, not his step-sister. They shared the same biological father. If they were step siblings, they would only be related by marriage.

January 1994 JonBenet Ramsey hit on cheek with golf club by brother Burke (AngelFire timeline). October 1994 JBR Plastic Surgery. JonBenet Ramsey went to plastic surgeon in Denver for scar related to golf club. (AngelFire timeline).

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n+Jonbenet+golf+club&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
At the risk of ya'll wanting to beat ME over the head: what the heck is this Angelfire? This doesn't appear to be a reputable source either. And I've seen enough falsehoods printed as fact on that encyclopedia to require another source other than them.

Sorry, guys. I just want us to make good and sure we don't add hogwash into the hogwash piled on by the Ramseys.

15 Oct 2010 ... The Illusion has been just a Dream. The house creaked during the night … and I ... by Wilson Van Houten. houseFromMelodieStantonsYard02.png ...
www.jtkm.org/jbrbfa/bfaJBR.html - Cached

there were two knives, actually. one with Burke's initials or his name was found in the "wine cellar" beneath the blankets. That is from a deposition of PR.
The other one was found in the laundry room, also confirmed in the depositions on my site. - WVH

WS, The Whittling Knife:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27340"]The Whittling Knife - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Detective Kerry Yamaguchi discovered Burke's knife on a countertop near a sink just down a basement corridor from the small basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

The Bonita Papers:

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-cord-garrote.htm
A red Swiss army knife was also found lying in the corner of the room away from the blanket.

15 Oct 2010 ... The Illusion has been just a Dream. The house creaked during the night … and I ... by Wilson Van Houten. houseFromMelodieStantonsYard02.png ...
www.jtkm.org/jbrbfa/bfaJBR.html - Cached

there were two knives, actually. one with Burke's initials or his name was found in the "wine cellar" beneath the blankets. That is from a deposition of PR.
The other one was found in the laundry room, also confirmed in the depositions on my site. - WVH[/quot

It maybe should be added that the housekeeper has said that she had taken the knife away from Burke and hid it in the laundry closet.

The paring knife was found on the laundry room counter on the second floor landing. The swiss-army knife was found in the basement.

I wonder if the paring knife was tested for pineapple or cord threads? I know that threads from the cord were found on JonBenet's sheets. There was a tupperware container with pineapple found in JB's room.

WS, The Whittling Knife:

The Whittling Knife - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Detective Kerry Yamaguchi discovered Burke's knife on a countertop near a sink just down a basement corridor from the small basement room where JonBenet's body was found.

The Bonita Papers:

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-cord-garrote.htm
A red Swiss army knife was also found lying in the corner of the room away from the blanket.

jUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your website, it's flipping awsome!

I thought it was fibers from a ROPE (like the one found under JAR's bed) that were in JB's sheets, not fibers from the cord around her neck.

Anyone have a link to this information? I know there has been some confusion about it over the years.

I thought it was fibers from a ROPE (like the one found under JAR's bed) that were in JB's sheets, not fibers from the cord around her neck.

Anyone have a link to this information? I know there has been some confusion about it over the years.

That is what I had always read too...fiber from a ROPE, not the cord...was found in JB's sheets.

"Cord Fibers in JBR Bed. "Further, fibers consistent with those of the cord used to make the slip knots and garrote were found on JonBenet's bed. (SMF P 168; PSMF P 168.)"

But, we don't know the results of lab analysis.

jUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your website, it's flipping awsome![/QUOTe

Ditto! The website is AWESOME. IMO offers the only explanation I've heard insofar as the "scraping sound" heard after the scream. Offers a perspective I had not considered and I'm open to them all. Verrry interrresting! Thanks!

OK! Real Life: JonBenet Ramsey: What the Police Know

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/11/ok-real-life-jonbenet-ramsey-what-the-police-know/

"The Police aren’t the only ones who continue to probe into the little pageant queen’s sensational murder. JonBenet’s father John, now 66 and living in Michigan, has hired a private investigator who has worked on the behalf of the family since the case began.
“I’m working on leads now, re-interviewing key people,” Ollie Gray, John’s P.I., tells OK!. “I’ve drawn up a list of suspects who urgently need DNA testing, and provide [police] with information all the time. I don’t know what they’re doing with it.”
“The family, they need someone to be convicted for this murder,” Ollie says. “They still need closure.”

"Cord Fibers in JBR Bed. "Further, fibers consistent with those of the cord used to make the slip knots and garrote were found on JonBenet's bed. (SMF P 168; PSMF P 168.)"

But, we don't know the results of lab analysis.
Let us not forget mind that SMF and PSMF are sources full of mistakes, with distorted info provided mosty by Team Ramsey, and it was this cascade of errors Judge Carnes then based her 'exoneration' of the Ramseys on.
If I recall correctly, what it says about the fibers found in JonBenet's bed were the fibers from the hemp rope kept in JonAndrew's bedroom.
Imo it is possible that the Ramseys first tried out this rope for the ligatures, but since it was too coarse, then looked for something else.

Here is just one example of the blatant misinformation given by the unreliable sources SMF and PSMF:
JonBenet's body was bound with complicated rope slipknots and a garrotte attached to her body. (Defs.' Br. In Supp. Of Summ. J. [67] at 19; SMF163; PSMF 163.) The slipknots and the garrote are both sophisticated bondage devices designed to give control to the user. (SMF 161, 164; PSMF 161, 164.) Evidence from these devices suggests they were made by someone with expertise using rope and cords,
This totally ignores and contradicts the conclusion reached by (as documented verbatim by prosecutor Michel Kane), LE's own knot expert: the knots were neither sophisticaed and complacted but very simple.

Complete text of the Carnes ruling here: http://www.acandyrose.com/03312003carnes11-20.htm

Here is a repost of # 416 (editing time expired before I could completely weed out typos, etc.)

But, we don't know the results of lab analysis..
Let us not forget that SMF and PSMF are sources full of mistakes, with distorted info provided mosty by Team Ramsey, and it was this cascade of errors Judge Carnes then based her 'exoneration' of the Ramseys on.
If I recall correctly, what it says about the fibers found in JonBenet's bed were the fibers from the hemp rope kept in John Andrew's bedroom.
Imo it is possible that the Ramseys first tried out this rope for the ligatures, but since it was too coarse, then looked for something else.

Here is just one example of the blatant misinformation provided by the unreliable sources SMF and PSMF:
JonBenet's body was bound with complicated rope slipknots and a garrotte attached to her body. (Defs.' Br. In Supp. Of Summ. J. [67] at 19; SMF163; PSMF 163.) The slipknots and the garrote are both sophisticated bondage devices designed to give control to the user. (SMF 161, 164; PSMF 161, 164.) Evidence from these devices suggests they were made by someone with expertise using rope and cords,

Complete text of the Carnes ruling here: http://www.acandyrose.com/03312003carnes11-20.htm
This totally ignores and contradicts what prosecutor Michael Kane publicly stated - that LE's own knot expert had labeled those knots as neither sophisticated nor complicated, but as very simple knots.

Whenever the R's are asked a question re BR ,re the bat,the boots,etc,they say "well ask BR,i don't know,he knows".....well that's what they wanna do but JR doesn't let him.so isn't this just a vicious circle?ask BR,we will make sure you don't get to him though.so transparent,makes you sick.

There is another family that answers questions in this manner. The Anthony family. Unfortunately, for them, they do not have the wealth, power and influence that JR does.

Here is a repost of # 416 (editing time expired before I could completely weed out typos, etc.)

Let us not forget that SMF and PSMF are sources full of mistakes, with distorted info provided mosty by Team Ramsey, and it was this cascade of errors Judge Carnes then based her 'exoneration' of the Ramseys on.

No disagreement there. I was only sourcing the question asked by DeeDee249 from jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com. And I’d like to add... How the hell could anyone not tell the difference between “fibers consistent with those of the cord” and hemp fibers? I don’t know which is correct. Has there ever been any definitive answer? Anyone?

If I recall correctly, what it says about the fibers found in JonBenet's bed were the fibers from the hemp rope kept in John Andrew's bedroom.

Here is just one example of the blatant misinformation provided by the unreliable sources SMF and PSMF:

Complete text of the Carnes ruling here: http://www.acandyrose.com/03312003carnes11-20.htm[/SIZE]

This totally ignores and contradicts what prosecutor Michael Kane publicly stated - that LE's own knot expert had labeled those knots as neither sophisticated nor complicated, but as very simple knots.

...which you and I (and many others) both agree with, rashomon.

There is another family that answers questions in this manner. The Anthony family. Unfortunately, for them, they do not have the wealth, power and influence that JR does.

As I understand you, what you mean is that if they DID have the money and influence the Rs did then they could prevent themselves from being charged in Caylee's death or cover-up?

Is that a good thing? Because I don't think it is. I do think it is HORRIBLE that the Rs were able to buy their way out of answering for this crime (as OJ did, too) but to say that it's too bad that EVERY person implicated in a murder doesn't have the money and influence to avoid prosecution just doesn't seem right to me.
Maybe that isn't what you meant, and it if wasn't, my apologies.

As I understand you, what you mean is that if they DID have the money and influence the Rs did then they could prevent themselves from being charged in Caylee's death or cover-up?

Is that a good thing? Because I don't think it is. I do think it is HORRIBLE that the Rs were able to buy their way out of answering for this crime (as OJ did, too) but to say that it's too bad that EVERY person implicated in a murder doesn't have the money and influence to avoid prosecution just doesn't seem right to me.
Maybe that isn't what you meant, and it if wasn't, my apologies.

I took it as a touch of sarcasm,tongue in cheek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back