Boulder police take back Ramsey case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
me too.I think that was part of the 'you and the doll will dress alike,and so will you and I',theme she was pushing that JB also rejected for a second time that day,when she refused to dress like her that evening.
IMO Patsy's behavior indicted she was reallyyyy oversensitive.Most moms would just shrug that off,and think 'there's always tomorrow,maybe she will grow to love the doll in time'.But Patsy seemed to have a rather black n white view of the world,a borderline personality, perhaps??it seemed to be all or none for her,in reading descriptions of her behavior.

Those dolls are expensive, but would have been pocket change for Patsy. (One poster on another thread wondered if Patsy had put alot of money into that doll, and maybe that is why she got so upset that JB didn't like it), but, to order them takes time, because you have to fill out a form about the color of eyes, color of hair, any markings, freckles, birthmarks, glasses, etc. So, IMO....Patsy's feelings were hurt, because she put alot of thought and time into ordering that MYTWINN doll, and that is why she was so po'd that JB wasn't thrilled with it. (Still not a reason to go all ballistic...and cry about it though...but, it seems that was just Patsy's personality).

Like JBR's trophies, which JBR herself said "really belonged to her mother", the MyTwinn Doll really belonged to Patsy as well. It was an ever-perfect little version of JBR at her pageant best, and there'd be no sass talk about clothes, hair, or anything else. She should have just kept the doll herself as a keepsake of JBR's childhood "career" and bought JBR a play doll. To me, I'd think any child might be creeped out at being given a replica of herself to play with.
Is it any wonder that when JBR saw the doll Christmas morning she said "That doesn't look like me." Because that was NOT how JBR saw herself. But sadly, that WAS how her mother saw her, and that is so sad.

Ok I've recently posted on this thread saying how pleased I was that the Boulder police take back the case.

Little did I know about the in's and out's of the case.

I purchased JonBenet by Steve Thomas last week and received it yesterday.

Well what can I say? I am astounded that they never arrested and charged the Ramseys. Not that I blame the Boulder police dept, although there were mistakes made!

I had no idea of just how difficult things were for the police involved in this case. The determination of the detectives is to be commended. How frustrating to have every door slammed in their faces.

Without a shadow of a doubt, in my mind, Patsy Ramsey is responsible for the death of JonBenet. I had always though the parents were involved, like I say, I never knew the full story and now I do, well, at least Steve Thomas version of events.

There are so many pieces of circumstantial evidence, it is unbelivable.

I see many similarities to the McCanns -Team McCann, Team Ramsey.

Both couples lawyered up almost right away.
Both couples lied.
Both couples are respected members of community.
Both couples are/were being protected.
Both couples refused to cooperate with the police and hindered the investigation.
I'm sure there is more but can't think off the top of my head.

I sincerely hope that the Boulder police get justice for JonBenet.

..and both hired spokespersons to make them appear innocent to the public.

..and both hired spokespersons to make them appear innocent to the public.

lol and that :mad:

I now feel like I'm up to speed on things, I would often read here and be perplexed at some of the references. I hope to make some contribution to this site, even if it is to rant once in a while. :crazy:

Was there ever an explanation as to why JonBenet's gravestone was dated 25th Dec, did the Ramseys ever say why they placed that date on it?

I have assumed their reasoning to be the last day they saw her alive.

Hi, Not sure where to post a few comments/questions. I've been over on the Caylee board since August, need a break from there, but now that the Jonbenet case has been reopened, I would like to find out more. I am new to this case. I heard about it, of course, back in the 90s, but never knew the particulars.

A few days ago I came into this case with an open mind. I remember hearing way back when Patsy was exonerated and in my ignorance to the case, I thought that must be good news.

So reading some of the threads here and looking around over at the candy rose site, I feel in my heart that the Ramsey's know exactly what happened to their daughter and were involved in a cover up. In the past three days I went from the following suspects: starting with Burke, going to Patsy, then to John, back to Burke, then back to Patsy. Now? I just don't know which one.

Question: My library has the book: Death of Innocence. Is this worth reading? I wouldn't read anything published by Cindy A., so just wondering if this book is just a bunch of bull or is it beneficial to studying the case?

The Candy Rose site is overwhelming. I wish I knew where to start. I read the autopsy. I would like to read the book written by the detective.

I guess reading the little of this case that I have, it reminds me a bit of the Martha Moxley case where LE may have been intimidated by the wealthy family and the neighbors clammed up. But, like I said, I'm very new to this case, so I could be very wrong.

I appreciate all the info here.

Hi Suzet.

I'm in a similar position as you and would recommend Steve Thomas's book. It was a very good read and I couldn't put it down, the fasted I've ever read a book - less than a day lol

I did start watching Perfect Murder, Perfect Town on youtube the other day but got sidetracked. I don't know how well the film represents the book.

Was there ever an explanation as to why JonBenet's gravestone was dated 25th Dec, did the Ramseys ever say why they placed that date on it?

You just HAVE to read the Ramsey's book now! In it, John explains that they chose that date to remind The World of what It did to their daughter on Christmas Day........make sense? No? Correct answer!!!

That's part of it. But their explanation is that they wanted the world to remember, like RR says.

To me, it can be taken a couple of ways. It could be a subconscious confession (and there are plenty of those, if you know where to look), or possibly part of the need to make JB as spectacular in death as she was in life, which Mike Kane (I assume you read about him in the book) talked about a few years ago. "Patsy loves being known as the mother of a murdered beauty queen," he said.

i already heard John once say that the reason for Dec. 25 on the headstone was simply due to the fact that that was the last time they saw her alive..

Hi Suzet.

I'm in a similar position as you and would recommend Steve Thomas's book. It was a very good read and I couldn't put it down, the fasted I've ever read a book - less than a day lol

I did start watching Perfect Murder, Perfect Town on youtube the other day but got sidetracked. I don't know how well the film represents the book.

Hi, I ordered the Steve Thomas book. I anxiously await its arrival. I'll prepare myself for that reading marathon. :)

I still haven't gotten past part 1, and half of part 2 of PMPT on hulu/youtube. I will definitely finish it though. I am going to get the PMPT book from my library.

Like JBR's trophies, which JBR herself said "really belonged to her mother", the MyTwinn Doll really belonged to Patsy as well. It was an ever-perfect little version of JBR at her pageant best, and there'd be no sass talk about clothes, hair, or anything else.
...or anything else like ...wet the bed. jmo

i already heard John once say that the reason for Dec. 25 on the headstone was simply due to the fact that that was the last time they saw her alive..

That's our John! One version is This, the next version is That.....

Can anyone direct me to the thread that talks about the My Twin Doll?

Here:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67450&highlight=my+twinn+doll

There's another link on the first page of the above thread
that also talks about that mysterious doll.

Connor

There are three different dolls that come into play here. All the dolls were 18" dolls, all made by the American Girl/Pleasant doll company. Here are the three dolls and how they impact this case:
The original question was about the MyTwinn doll. This doll in question was custom ordered by PR as a Christmas gift for JBR. The MyTwinn dolls were custom dolls made from a photograph of a real child, with custom clothing as per a written description placed with the order. PR ordered the doll to represent JBR in her pageant persona. JBR was not impressed with the doll that morning, because I believe she did not identify herself with that "pageant JBR". This probably aggravated PR because the dolls were expensive and she expected JBR to make a fuss over the doll.

The second doll in the case is an American Girl Samantha Doll, owned by JBR. These dolls, made by the same company as the MyTwinn dolls, came with a cloth body and vinyl head and limbs. The head is attached at the neck with a cord, similar, but not identical to, the cord around JBR's neck. The doll cord is rounded, not flat like the garrote cord. The Pleasant Company (these dolls are all now made by Mattel) suggested that parents use duct tape to secure the cord at the doll's neck so that it doesn't interfere with the dolls' clothes. Some feel that the tape used on JBR may have come from the doll. However, this assumes that the Rs actually did tape the doll's neck cord at some point, because the doll does not come with the tape. The cord also is not long enough to have been used for the garrote, and is a different type of cord. There were allegedly some tan fibers consistent with the tan cotton cloth used to make the body of the Samantha doll were found at the crime scene.

The third doll in the case is yet another American Girl Doll that was found to have been ordered AFTER JBR's murder and was delivered to JR at his Access Graphic office. It has never been made public exactly who ordered that doll, as far as I know.

Hi, I ordered the Steve Thomas book. I anxiously await its arrival. I'll prepare myself for that reading marathon. :)

I still haven't gotten past part 1, and half of part 2 of PMPT on hulu/youtube. I will definitely finish it though. I am going to get the PMPT book from my library.

Well, I ended up watching it last night and didn't enjoy it at all, the acting was wooden, and there seemed to be some things they got wrong. The "beheading" in the ransom note, I thought it said "executed"

*snipped by me*

There are three different dolls that come into play here. All the dolls were 18" dolls, all made by the American Girl/Pleasant doll company. Here are the three dolls and how they impact this case:
The original question was about the MyTwinn doll. This doll in question was custom ordered by PR as a Christmas gift for JBR. The MyTwinn dolls were custom dolls made from a photograph of a real child, with custom clothing as per a written description placed with the order.

Ok, I was trying to get the whole doll issue straightened out in my head. We own about six American Girls. The American Girl dolls are 18". My Twinn dolls are 23". Perhaps we are dealing with two 18" dolls and one 23"? Not that the size is a big deal, but it might help in some way. I added a link to a photo below, that shows the two dolls together.

The second doll in the case is an American Girl Samantha Doll, owned by JBR. These dolls, made by the same company as the MyTwinn dolls, came with a cloth body and vinyl head and limbs.

I'm not sure where your info came from, and I'm not trying to be snarky, but American Girl dolls and My Twinn dolls are not made by the same company and never have been. American Girl was owned by Pleasant Company, then Mattel. I had to look on the net to check out My Twinn's history and found it has been owned by three companies as far as I can tell: My Twinn - based in Denver and went backrupt in 2003, then eToys started selling the dolls, and finally the Parent Company, which owns them now. If my info is incorrect, let me know. :)

The third doll in the case is yet another American Girl Doll that was found to have been ordered AFTER JBR's murder and was delivered to JR at his Access Graphic office. It has never been made public exactly who ordered that doll, as far as I know.

And this brings me to my question, if anyone knows. I would love to know which American Girl doll was purchased in January. If the AG employee that caught this purchase was able to locate the info that backed it up (and bless her heart for being so diligent), wouldn't she also know which doll it was? Was it another Samantha? Was it a doll JBR didn't already have? I think that makes a difference, especially if they ordered a replacement.

As a doll lover, I can't say I blame JBR for not liking My Twinn dolls. I know My Twinn dolls have had their share of popularity, but I find them homely. Imo, American Girl dolls are cute. There was no way I ever wanted to buy my daughter a My Twinn. So perhaps, JBR took one look at the doll that was made to order to look just like her, she found it as ugly as I do, and didn't like that one bit, I dunno... just a guess.

Here's a link to a photo of the two dolls together:
http://dolldiaries.com/mytwinn-doll-vs-american-girl-doll/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth