Boulder police take back Ramsey case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I ended up watching it last night and didn't enjoy it at all, the acting was wooden, and there seemed to be some things they got wrong. The "beheading" in the ransom note, I thought it said "executed"

It says both. But other than that, there are a lot of problems with the movie.

thanks for the link.I didn't know there was such a size difference bet. the two types of dolls.For some reason,it makes me believe even more that Patsy was indeed veryyyy upset when JB didn't like the big gift she had saved for last on Christmas morning.

Schiller was very biased twds the Rams in the movie,IMO.In the narrative,he even stated that he'd gotten a heads-up for it(unlike the book),and that it didn't contain anything that would be embarrassing or detrimental to the R's.(yes,let's just be privy to the main suspects,shall we??!) ::rolling eyes::

thanks for the link.I didn't know there was such a size difference bet. the two types of dolls.For some reason,it makes me believe even more that Patsy was indeed veryyyy upset when JB didn't like the big gift she had saved for last on Christmas morning.

Schiller was very biased twds the Rams in the movie,IMO.In the narrative,he even stated that he'd gotten a heads-up for it(unlike the book),and that it didn't contain anything that would be embarrassing or detrimental to the R's.(yes,let's just be privy to the main suspects,shall we??!) ::rolling eyes::

It depends on who you ask. A lot of IDIs don't like it because, to hear them tell it, it portrays Patsy as a pillhead junkie.

I guess they didn't notice that Patsy did a pretty good job of that herself on many of her tv appearances.

I guess they didn't notice that Patsy did a pretty good job of that herself on many of her tv appearances.

I really hate to say this, JMO8778, but you're right. I can't tell you how many people have said "wow, she looks doped up." Either way, it's pretty painful to watch someone on TV who's THAT medicated.

The original MyTwinn dolls were made differently then they are now. The Pleasant company was the original maker of American Girl dolls, and was bought by Mattel at some point.
I have never seen ANY of the Ramsey dolls, so I don't know whether JBR had the 23 inch or 18 inch doll. I am not the one confused about the dolls, but someone was mixing up the doll JBR "ignored" Christmas morning with the doll some people think may have been the source of the tape.
And, no, the size of the doll doesn't really matter as far as this case is concerned.

Hey all, long time reader, first time posting. I am wondering if they have tested the DNA of the man who shot himself when police announced they were closing in on the killer? I'm sorry I can't remember his name and I can't find it again on the internet.

Hey all, long time reader, first time posting. I am wondering if they have tested the DNA of the man who shot himself when police announced they were closing in on the killer? I'm sorry I can't remember his name and I can't find it again on the internet.

Welcome aboard.

Michael Helgoth, and if memory serves they did test him and it came back negative, whatever that does for you.

Thanks. :) I was thinking that he sounded promising when I was reading about him but I was sure if it was him, they would have figured that out by now.

There were certainly some interesting factors involving Helgoth. But if there were any true evidence linking him to the crime, the RST, including the comedy team of Smit & Woody, they would have been relentless in seeing him arrested/convicted.

Did they check the DNA of the guy who played Santa? He had a molester record, IIRC.

"Santa" was 100% cleared and IIRC he had NO record,of any kind,and that was another vicious rumour making the rounds........unless you can link to something saying otherwise????

Thanks. :) I was thinking that he sounded promising when I was reading about him but I was sure if it was him, they would have figured that out by now.

Don't count on that. I don't believe anything the BPD say as far as how much they investigated Helgoth. There's a lot of questions there as far as his possible involvement in the crime:

*Wolf dog hairs supposedly were found on JBR. Helgoth raised wolf dogs.
*He claimed he was going to come into money around Christmas.
*He had a breakup with a prior girlfriend over what she claims was an incident with her young daughter.
*He became more depressed after Christmas
*Lou Smit questioned the suicide. For many reasons, he felt he could have been murdered. He may have been a weak link in the plot.
*Hi-Tec boots and a stun gun were found near him.
*He had a penchant for dressing in black and peering into windows.
*He hung out with some unsavory friends....was possibly into burglary
*A newsclip was found amid other recorded items of an unsolved murder of a small girl in another Colorado city--name and place escapes me.
*A friend named Kenady reported to police that he said he had a role in her murder---Kenady was discounted.

His body was cremated. Interesting, that his uncle was listed as a "guardian" even though Helgoth was of legal age. He did a short stint in the military. He worked at his uncle's junkyard all of his adult life...the junkyard was in the process of being condemned by the City.

There's still unanswered questions, but IMO he remains an interesting suspect....if they can connect the dots.

BOULDER, Colo. — Boulder police are taking over the investigation into JonBenet Ramsey's 1996 slaying, six years after handing the case over to the Boulder County District Attorney's Office.
Police Chief Mark Beckner said Monday that he and newly elected District Attorney Stan Garnett agree the police department should take back the lead on investigating Boulder's most infamous the unsolved homicide.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/02/boulder-police-take-back-jonbenet-ramsey-case/

I wonder whether we will see an update on the anniversary of the case being returned to the BPD?

I was wondering too ,Sophie.....but I won't waste my breath waiting ,last time we heard from them (IIRC JB's murder anniv) they said it's just another cold case and they work on it when they have time.:rolleyes:

I was wondering too ,Sophie.....but I won't waste my breath waiting ,last time we heard from them (IIRC JB's murder anniv) they said it's just another cold case and they work on it when they have time.:rolleyes:

Because, as we know, police departments do get loads of spare time.. especially when public spending cuts seem to be pretty much global...

So if I understood correctly the new DA told the BPD not to go public with anything about the investigation until they have a strong case for him,right?
Well,dunno if this is the right way,why hide.I guess people need them to be transparent now,especially after ALL the mistakes that were done in this case.
To me this sounds more like they want it to go away and hope everybody forgets about it.

So if I understood correctly the new DA told the BPD not to go public with anything about the investigation until they have a strong case for him,right?
Well,dunno if this is the right way,why hide.I guess people need them to be transparent now,especially after ALL the mistakes that were done in this case.
To me this sounds more like they want it to go away and hope everybody forgets about it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back