Brad Cooper: Appeal info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My statement is made with the belief that Brad is guilty. By giving the deposition, before discovery, he locked himself into the claim that he never Googled Fielding Drive. Had he not been stuck with that claim, his lawyer could have claimed he wanted to build a house there and he was looking at lots before lunch on Friday. That would have been a lot more believable than the "the-cops-framed-me" story.

Interesting. I haven't watched the entire deposition, can I ask when he said that? That makes it absolutely clear that the police were working with the custody attorney to use the deposition to attempt to get Brad to say something self-incriminating.

Bond hearing supposedly at 2:15pm today. New attorney for BC: Jim Freeman (no pun intended)

My statement is made with the belief that Brad is guilty. By giving the deposition, before discovery, he locked himself into the claim that he never Googled Fielding Drive. Had he not been stuck with that claim, his lawyer could have claimed he wanted to build a house there and he was looking at lots before lunch on Friday. That would have been a lot more believable than the "the-cops-framed-me" story.

I was just watching through the deposition, and I didn't see where Brad ever claimed that he didn't Google fielding drive during the relevant parts when they talked about finding the body. Did I miss something?

He's indigent so all he'll have are public defenders unless someone else pays his attorney fees. Kurtz had gotten himself qualified to stay on the case the first time as BC's indigent attorney.

I was just watching through the deposition, and I didn't see where Brad ever claimed that he didn't Google fielding drive during the relevant parts when they talked about finding the body. Did I miss something?

Brad said he had never been to the Fielding Dr area, didn't know about it, had never seen it on a map, until he saw it on the news.

Brad Cooper bond hearing live right now

25k1wyr.png

http://www.wral.com/news/video/13346169/

New attorneys, new haircuts, continue to be held without bond

hearing over

Brad said he had never been to the Fielding Dr area, didn't know about it, had never seen it on a map, until he saw it on the news.

As with all things in this trial, that is slightly different than the original statement that he said he never googled it. But I understand what you are trying to convey.

He's indigent so all he'll have are public defenders unless someone else pays his attorney fees. Kurtz had gotten himself qualified to stay on the case the first time as BC's indigent attorney.

If he stays with the Public Defender (which, as you say, he must unless someone comes in and bankrolls a new one) then I think this will be a vastly different trial. Not because of the quality of the lawyer, but because the public defender will likely be less willing to trash-talk the police. Likewise, the DA and judge both will probably be much more cooperative since it is someone they work with on a more regular basis.

He's gained some weight & looks a bit bulked up. Guess the shaved head and 'stache & goatee are slammer fashion-forward.

Will Judge Stephens be presiding over this trial?
I heard him say there were trial errors from the first one, do we know what they were?

Bond my eye; he sure has adopted the gangsta look in prison hasn't he? I'm so upset about this; asking for bond. I hope it's denied. Can't have him on the streets. Too dangerous. Someone else will be killed. JMO

Video 8, about 14 minutes in.
Brad indicates that his only knowledge of Fielding Drive was from a news report he read after Nancy was found. By the way, user Skittles created an awesome index of the deposition that is stickied to the top of forum list.

Video 8, about 14 minutes in.
Brad indicates that his only knowledge of Fielding Drive was from a news report he read after Nancy was found. By the way, user Skittles created an awesome index of the deposition that is stickied to the top of forum list.

Yes, it is very helpful, I used it on multiple occasions. Again, it doesn't say what you says it said, that he never googled Fielding Drive. It is an important distinction because there are so many places in this case where a witness says something, and it is twisted by the Brad Did It crowd to say something else. But I still understand the point you were trying to convey.

Bond my eye; he sure has adopted the gangsta look in prison hasn't he? I'm so upset about this; asking for bond. I hope it's denied. Can't have him on the streets. Too dangerous. Someone else will be killed. JMO

I've been continuously upset at the railroading of an innocent man.

I'm guessing that you are not one of those people who believe that it is better to let 10 guilty men go free than to imprison one innocent man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay