Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought was they were lists jotted down while on the phone with his lawyers talking about the divorce ie. These are the types of things you may be asked about in a custody hearing so you should be prepared with answers.

You could be right. I don't know of anyone who has been asked anything like that in a custody hearing but it would be possible. I will also say that if I found notes like that in my house I would be very much concerned too.

I would still love to know what happened or what Nancy perceived happened on that Thursday that caused her to call the realtor with the urgent message.

Motive. As in, pre-planned? I'm not sure. As in, why did he not stop and think about the fact that he was strangling her in time to stop? I don't know. What I feel strongly about was motive for the attack. I think he was in a rage. What happened between them at the party, what he read in her emails... He couldn't control her no matter how he tried to restrict her, financially or otherwise.

Some have stated he didn't get her 'allowance' for her because he knew she wouldn't need it. Maybe they will have better insight into motive.

Maybe. So far I have heard little to support he had a short temper though. It would be easier to understand this if I could see a clear motive, but I can't.

Can we discuss motive? What was his motive in your opinion?

IF he did it, this is why I think it happened:

From spying on email, etc he found out about paternity issue with the 2nd child.

He finds out that b/c the were married when she was born and his name is on the BC, he is legally her father, even if not biologically. This means that he is still financially responsible for her. Combine this with that NC wants to move back to Canada with the kids. So he will have to pay for a child that is not only not his but he will hardly even see her.

I think he confronted her and they argued and ...

I think this may be why Kurtz was asking about the DNA test. It may also explain why after talking to family, additional items were collected by SW.

From spying on email, etc he found out about paternity issue with the 2nd child.

He finds out that b/c the were married when she was born and his name is on the BC, he is legally her father, even if not biologically. This means that he is still financially responsible for her. Combine this with that NC wants to move back to Canada with the kids. So he will have to pay for a child that is not only not his but he will hardly even see her.

I think this may be why Kurtz was asking about the DNA test. It may also explain why after talking to family, additional items were collected by SW.

I was under the impression based on opening statements by defense that they wanted DNA tests so they could point to another person who had motive. They want to make it seem that he would be hit up for child support. But you are correct unless it's different in NC. A child born in wedlock is considered the child of the husband no matter what paternity tests show. Best interests of the child trump everything else. I realize that the defense has to provide the best defense for their client but I really hate that they made this rumor a public issue. It can only hurt an innocent child. MOO

There are too many reasons to name as to why I feel BC murdered Nancy.
On 07/16/2008, post 291, thread #2, I answered a post by Just the Fax that stated "Police say the womans (Nancy) death was not random."

In my post I stated that Nancy may have been strangled or suffocated and with no signs of sexual abuse (rape).

I feel that BC started out attempting to suffocate Nancy with a pillow in her bed. I believe the pillowcase to that pillow was the one found in the hamper in her bathroom. I have no proof of that, though. I believe Nancy woke up and was in a fight for her life. Nancy could have run down the stairs running for the front door and somehow fallen onto the decorative branches in the large vase. The branches are brittle and would break easily. I think Nancy died in that foyer. The ducks were probably knocked off of the credenza. Brad then strangles her. Just my scenario of what could have happened.

Of course I found out later that the ME could not determine rape or sexual abuse due to the state of decomposition. I wrote then that I felt it was the husband. I have not changed my mind since.

Going back and reading the early threads would be very tedious and hard to do at this point, but had you followed this case from the beginning, it would be so easy to understand why some people have felt from the beginning that BC did murder Nancy. It was such an evolving case with some misinformation and with some very good information. And speculate is something that is done in every case here at WS.

I do not mean to interrupt the flow here. I am still catching up.

JMO

I am wondering how the issue of paternity ever came up in the first place... anyone?

I am wondering how the issue of paternity ever came up in the first place... anyone?

The lists AND establishing paternity would have come from an initial consult with the Rosen firm. I was asked to detail similar things in my first few meetings about my divorce. (with the Rosen firm)

One of the things that's been sort of glossed over in discussions is the notes found under his keyboard. I realize it's not direct evidence of guilt in this murder but my first thought when I heard the description was "murder/suicide". Life insurance policies and wills along with notations of what the girls like. Who was he writing the notes for?

My interpretation was just some things for BC to check on/keep in mind as to wills and LI policies (mainly NC's policy -- to check on its whereabouts, read it over, have it ready) and to memorize those little things with the girls, becoming a single dad & all, because I don't think he knew their favorite foods or colors. Suicide never occurred to me w/BC because now he has everything to live for.
icon6.gif
Sorry, I know that sounds harsh, but it's MOHO.

What about the wills? What did that have to do with listing assets or giving information to relatives so they could talk to the children on the phone? (Which I have to say is weak. When I talk to children on the phone, I ask THEM what they like. It shows the child that I'm interested.)

Wills do have to do with listing assets. It is common with parents of younger children to set up a trust in conjunction with a will. He may have been planning to start one or making changes when updating.

I disagree that it is weak. My children are thrilled when Gma and Gpa know that the like Dora or the color purple. My parents also love having conversation starters and they just let the kids go from there. Everyone is happy when a envelope comes and the *right* stickers or coloring book is there.

I also agree with a PP that the lists could have been for lawyers in preparation for the divorce.

The lists AND establishing paternity would have come from an initial consult with the Rosen firm. I was asked to detail similar things in my first few meetings about my divorce. (with the Rosen firm)

Thanks for that personal insight.

Based on what I have seen so far, their case is anemic.
Lets hope it ends with a bang.
Somehow, I think it will.

Like I said earlier, Cummings may be slo-o-o-o-ow, but I still say he's in the back room cooking up a bomb. (As in speak softly, but carry a cannon...)

:fireworks2:

So you are saying kurtz suspected a motive for his client?
Why would he want to expose this:waitasec:

My take on the paternity question is the real father would want NC dead so his paternity was not exposed, and thus no child support.

I am pretty certain he couldn't get into the text messages on her phone. She had it locked. The emails he could see. And yes, he could have been tipped over the edge that night.

Yes, BC could have gotten into Nancy's cell phone when he got her things from her vehicle after he had murdered her. He had her keys then as well as her cell phone. Nancy could have had her code/password written down somewhere in her belongings in her vehicle. He could have known everything that was on her cell.

He could have even done this while she was at the party as well as before then even. I have a Lexus SUV and locked my keys in my vehicle a year or so ago. I was out of town and my spare key set was in a drawer at home. All I had to do was call and get the key information to have an entry key made to enter my vehicle. The key would not start my vehicle because it was only designed to unlock my vehicle. Who says BC did not have an entry key to Nancy's vehicle even tho she kept the spare key in there? He could have been entering her vehicle all the while prior to her murder.

I do not doubt for one moment that BC had read Nancy's texts as well as tampered with her cell before LE even got it.

JMO

From spying on email, etc he found out about paternity issue with the 2nd child..

There is no 'paternity issue.' The youngest daughter is his. She looks like him. This is a nasty rumor put out by the defense.

There is no 'paternity issue.' The youngest daughter is his. She looks like him. This is a nasty rumor put out by the defense.

Sure hope she inherited her mom's personality and zeal for life.
I agree she is Brad's, but I don't think she looks a thing like the AHole.

Nuture over nature. Those girls are with absolutely wonderful people, in a stable, nurturing home, and surrounded by people who love and adore them, and have their well-being first, always. Thank goodness. And of course they also have their mother's wonderful genes as well.

If BC ever had any concern, that is a question easily answered, no?

Another missing mom, this time in Louisburg. I hope things turn out much better for her than they did for Nancy.

I don't believe that there were bugs in the playroom. If there were, I'm sure she would have called the bug man earlier, either over the weekend and left a message or 1st thing Monday morning. She didn't.

I also think that if there were she would have definitely mentioned it to the bug man when she did speak to him on the phone. She didn't.

I can't believe that with it being the kids playroom that she won't have addressed with the exterminator.

My take on BC's cleaning of the hardwoods that morning follows a similar thread. He cleaned to floors to make sure all the ants were gone. If you look at the pictures, the hardwood is dark and the floors in the bathroom are light. It would be harder to see ants on the hardwood so the whole thing would need to be cleaned.

She could have mentioned it to a couple friends and then just cleaned it all up herself, its not like you are going to let that sit there near your kids toys. My guess is she cleaned it up. Then called the bug guy for the ants.. I know in my own experience ants are evil and won't just go away after you think they are gone :( other bugs like maggots that come from raisins, etc.. can be cleaned up, although its so disgusting you can do it if you have to, I had to do it once and there is no way I would have called an exterminator, I knew it was from something that landed under the fridge and I just had to take care of it myself... gross.. I am having a flashback.

I sure hope this doesn't happen, but in the event Brad gets off and is a free man, wonder what will happen with child custody? I would hope Krista would remain custodial guardian?

If BC ever had any concern, that is a question easily answered, no?

Another missing mom, this time in Louisburg. I hope things turn out much better for her than they did for Nancy.

I will be watching the news and hope she returns safely.
I hate when you read that and then the next couple of days the story starts to develop and more info is released..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025