Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[... respectful snip ... ] Where is this 2nd degree plea offer coming from? Never heard such a thing [...]

SG - I found mention of it earlier on this thread... (~11:10am).

Not saying that I think (or know) that either point is true (this, or that Rentz's were consulted on DP). Was just noting that if both are true... it would be kind of interesting.

I agree, JTF. They've spent more time showing what they don't have. This could have been a 3 week trial.

Can we discuss motive? What was his motive in your opinion?

I struggle with that. I don't believe he would kill her over the divorce since they had a lot of negotiating to do. He doesn't seem like someone who hoarded his money because he did buy her expensive things that she requested, paid for the expensive preschool, jewelry, looking for new homes, etc.

He didn't have much life insurance on her, so no gain there.

I don't think anything indicates that he hated her, at least nothing I have heard so far.

I think he loves his kids but I don't think he wanted to raise them on his own.

I keep hearing he had motive and opportunity but I'm not seeing it.

His affair w/Heather was over so it wasn't to be with her.

Did he have a motive?

I agree, JTF. They've spent more time showing what they don't have. This could have been a 3 week trial.

Looking back, I would have cut that 'evidence' to 1 1/2 weeks.
Lay out the compelling evidence and dismiss the weak stuff.
Of course, we know much of the boring crap is required foundation. <<sigh>>

To me, motive it the easiest part of understanding this homicide.

If he thought that both parents would be gone, he might leave notes for whoever would be taking care of the children. That's what it looked like to me. I meant that it sounded like he was considering killing Nancy and then himself.

From what I've heard of the notes, I think it's a pros. rabbit hole. The lists were found under a keyboard with no indication of when they were written. The could have been there for months.

1.) List of assets- they were planning to buy land and build a house in '07. They would need to collect all this information for the mortgage paperwork. Also, considering the debt, there may have been some need for financial planning/debt consolidation/etc.

2.) List of kids' fav- from what I've heard of the list and where it was found, my guess is that it was something he emailed to his parents/siblings. We don't have any local family and my parents are constantly asking for information on the kids. They want to know favorite color, what foods they like, etc to talk about when they talk to the kids on the phone. They also like to have the information when buying x-mas/b-day gifts. These type of things can change frequently with kids, esp girls, of this age. Given what has been written, BC parents weren't going to ask NC about this stuff.

Sunshine....could motive be what he was thinking he would shell out for alimony and support for two kids?

Can we discuss motive? What was his motive in your opinion?

I struggle with that. I don't believe he would kill her over the divorce since they had a lot of negotiating to do. He doesn't seem like someone who hoarded his money because he did buy her expensive things that she requested, paid for the expensive preschool, jewelry, looking for new homes, etc.

He didn't have much life insurance on her, so no gain there.

I don't think anything indicates that he hated her, at least nothing I have heard so far.

I think he loves his kids but I don't think he wanted to raise them on his own.

I keep hearing he had motive and opportunity but I'm not seeing it.

His affair w/Heather was over so it wasn't to be with her.

Did he have a motive?

One thing that I found interesting is that he was engaged twice prior to Nancy. I don't know of too many people that have been engaged that many times. It's not proof of anything but an interesting insight into this man.

I do think that divorce could very well be a factor. I don't think NC was the only one that was living above their means. His car wasn't cheap either. I don't think he wanted to give up his home, his lifestyle or his status. The amount of money it was going to cost him every month for the next 16 years would definitely be a motivating factor to try and figure out how to get out of the mess he was in.

Sunshine....could motive be what he was thinking he would shell out for alimony and support for two kids?

I don't think so. He didn't seem like someone who had to hold on to his money. They spent freely....a lot. I think the initial agreement was unreasonable but I think everyone knows these things go back and forth and they always ask for a lot initially.

From what I've heard of the notes, I think it's a pros. rabbit hole. The lists were found under a keyboard with no indication of when they were written. The could have been there for months.

1.) List of assets- they were planning to buy land and build a house in '07. They would need to collect all this information for the mortgage paperwork. Also, considering the debt, there may have been some need for financial planning/debt consolidation/etc.

2.) List of kids' fav- from what I've heard of the list and where it was found, my guess is that it was something he emailed to his parents/siblings. We don't have any local family and my parents are constantly asking for information on the kids. They want to know favorite color, what foods they like, etc to talk about when they talk to the kids on the phone. They also like to have the information when buying x-mas/b-day gifts. These type of things can change frequently with kids, esp girls, of this age. Given what has been written, BC parents weren't going to ask NC about this stuff.

What about the wills? What did that have to do with listing assets or giving information to relatives so they could talk to the children on the phone? (Which I have to say is weak. When I talk to children on the phone, I ask THEM what they like. It shows the child that I'm interested.)

What about the wills? What did that have to do with listing assets or giving information to relatives so they could talk to the children on the phone? (Which I have to say is weak. When I talk to children on the phone, I ask THEM what they like. It shows the child that I'm interested.)

The distance factor? United States versus Canada for their relatives?

One thing that I found interesting is that he was engaged twice prior to Nancy. I don't know of too many people that have been engaged that many times. It's not proof of anything but an interesting insight into this man.

I do think that divorce could very well be a factor. I don't think NC was the only one that was living above their means. His car wasn't cheap either. I don't think he wanted to give up his home, his lifestyle or his status. The amount of money it was going to cost him every month for the next 16 years would definitely be a motivating factor to try and figure out how to get out of the mess he was in.

But with her gone, he would have to hire a full time nanny to take care of the kids so he could work, at least initially. That isn't cheap. He would still have to support his kids.

If it's true they weren't having sex, you would think he would be agreeable to the divorce so they could both move on with their lives. It's clear the marriage had problems. I just don't get the sense that it was *that* bad to lead to something like this.

While we are reminiscing about the "good ol days", I'll mention that I'm pretty sure that this same poster went to HT on two different occasions and bought two versions of Tide so that she could see how they showed up on a receipt in some attempt to discredit the stuff that Brad's lawyers posted. :waitasec:

She also used to cruise by the Cooper house several times a day and would provide updates on whether the blinds were open or not as well as the status of the license plate bolts on the BMW.

One could argue that she was a bit to close to the case. :rolleyes:

Wow, I had forgotten about all that. It was a bit weird, but kinda fun, too. (I was a big fat :hen: and mostly a lurker then. I "came out" when the Kathy Taft thing got rolling since it was in my "backyard." ) But I do remember the drama. I must admit I thought it was odd but always read the comments of that poster. Anonymity can bring out all kinds of things, huh? Thx for the memories....

My thought was they were lists jotted down while on the phone with his lawyers talking about the divorce ie. These are the types of things you may be asked about in a custody hearing so you should be prepared with answers.

I'm not aware of the wills. His alone?

I don't know what to make of the list of things the kids like. I would have to see the context of the whole thing. It is a bit odd though. I can't see my husband putting that together or even knowing what to write. I'm much more aware of specific things that they like because I'm with them a lot more.

My thought was they were lists jotted down while on the phone with his lawyers talking about the divorce ie. These are the types of things you may be asked about in a custody hearing so you should be prepared with answers.

That makes sense. Does anyone know when they were found?

But with her gone, he would have to hire a full time nanny to take care of the kids so he could work, at least initially. That isn't cheap. He would still have to support his kids.

If it's true they weren't having sex, you would think he would be agreeable to the divorce so they could both move on with their lives. It's clear the marriage had problems. I just don't get the sense that it was *that* bad to lead to something like this.

I don't think any murder is ever logical and well thought out. It's like any other situation where a person feels trapped and starts looking for a way out. The details of, "Now what do I do?" doesn't always enter into the "I need out of this" thinking. A number of people here have shared thoughts they had when going through a bad divorce. Thoughts of "if he/she got into an accident and died it might not be the worst thing that could happen." I don't think that makes them a bad person. I think it's very normal for people to try and figure out how to feel normal again. MOO

Motive. As in, pre-planned? I'm not sure. As in, why did he not stop and think about the fact that he was strangling her in time to stop? I don't know. What I feel strongly about was motive for the attack. I think he was in a rage. What happened between them at the party, what he read in her emails... He couldn't control her no matter how he tried to restrict her, financially or otherwise.

Some have stated he didn't get her 'allowance' for her because he knew she wouldn't need it. Maybe they will have better insight into motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025