Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty sure this was the same contrubitor that provided inside info that there may be a LTF connection also (BC either trying to swipe a card, or confirm a morning visit had occurred that morning).

There seems to have been at least some basis in fact for that one... (though what really happened here is either gonna remain a mystery, or to be explained later... it's kinda been glossed over a bit in the earlier testimony I think... maybe they're saving it.)

Yep, same person insisted that Brad had gone into LTF, telling the counter clerk that Nancy was in a hurry and in the car and could she (the clerk) just get her checked in so she didn't have to stop and then Brad had the clerk swipe Nancy's card (or attempted to).

Ummm....not quite accurate, and the devil is in the details. Yes, Brad DID go to LTF, but he did not have them swipe Nancy's card. However, he told Det. Dismukes that Nancy's card had been swiped (thus she had been at LTF) and that, of course, was a lie.

The day (nee the afternoon) of 7/11/08, decorative sticks are seen in the foyer floor vase, as usual. Decorative ducks (2) are on the foyer table.

Less than 24 hrs later the decorative sticks are gone, the 2 ducks are missing. Neither is ever found again.

On 7/12/08 at 6:23am Brad is seen wearing a pair of shoes into HT. Those shoes are never seen (and never found) again.

I am just catching up. In a pic shown in court, I thought I saw a duck sitting on top of the stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen. It was shown along with the pic of Nancys' drivers license on the kitchen counter. It may have even been a video. I am not sure. BUT I did see a duck (just one) on top of the refrigerator.

This is just IIRC. We will see if this duck pic/video is ever shown again.

Just catching up. I missed DD testimony. Does anyone know off hand if Nancy ate any of the ribs she took to the party that night? I was just thinking perhaps the sauce on the ribs may have been the red liquid found in her stomach.

If the "sticks" from the vase and the ducks, that were missing after Nancy's murder were actually damaged by them fighting, then I believe Brad disposed of them along with the shoes, etc. However, if they were just packed up for the move, wouldn't they have been found in a search of the home? If there's no testimony that they were found eventually, packed away, then that's another one of those pieces of the puzzle that makes Brad look guilty. I can see them being knocked to the floor during a fight, Brad kills Nancy, body voids, he has to dispose of them along with cleaning the foyer floor. Just my theory.

Gee, Sleuthygal, again with the facts. Gee.

I am obsessed with accuracy. I try to get things accurate, as much as I can. If we're going to analyze a case then we need to work from fact, not someone's nuanced interpretation of what they think they remember they heard or saw.

Just catching up. I missed DD testimony. Does anyone know off hand if Nancy ate any of the ribs she took to the party that night? I was just thinking perhaps the sauce on the ribs may have been the red liquid found in her stomach.

If the "sticks" from the vase and the ducks, that were missing after Nancy's murder were actually damaged by them fighting, then I believe Brad disposed of them along with the shoes, etc. However, if they were just packed up for the move, wouldn't they have been found in a search of the home? If there's no testimony that they were found eventually, packed away, then that's another one of those pieces of the puzzle that makes Brad look guilty. I can see them being knocked to the floor during a fight, Brad kills Nancy, body voids, he has to dispose of them along with cleaning the foyer floor. Just my theory.

Wyn,

Yes Nancy ate some of the ribs she brought/BBQ'd. However, the stain on Nancy's dress that no one else saw or heard Nancy mention, was wine (according to Brad).

The sticks in the vase and the 2 decorative ducks on the foyer table were SEEN (and noted) by JA on 7/11/08 when she visited Nancy at the house to decide which rooms she would help organize. Those items were NOT packed in a box for a move. Brad removed/discarded them, as on the afternoon of 7/12, when Dismukes took pictures inside the house, those items were gone.

I am just catching up. In a pic shown in court, I thought I saw a duck sitting on top of the stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen. It was shown along with the pic of Nancys' drivers license on the kitchen counter. It may have even been a video. I am not sure. BUT I did see a duck (just one) on top of the refrigerator.

During the cross of JA by Kurtz he brought up the ducks. He showed her a picture and asked if that was the duck. She answered in the negative and went on to explain that the ducks she was talking about had head down and brighter colors. I know which duck you're talking about because I saw it as well. (I'm pretty sure it was in the video taken of the house.) When I saw it I thought that it must have been the duck in the picture shown to JA.

Jinx! I've got those ducks on my mind. I can see the sticks being tossed out, but not the ducks.

I think you should give the jury more credit that they will only say guilty if it's been proven. To suggest that a jury will convict based on emotions is weak. I don't believe it and it's scary to think that our justice system could be based on gut feelings versus proof. So much of the testimony has been about "Brad didn't make eye contact, he walked wrong, he drank a beer, etc. " Please tell me a jury will not convict someone on that.

No, not those reasons, the real ones, silly! :)

I am just catching up. In a pic shown in court, I thought I saw a duck sitting on top of the stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen. It was shown along with the pic of Nancys' drivers license on the kitchen counter. It may have even been a video. I am not sure. BUT I did see a duck (just one) on top of the

I remember seeing that too in one of the pictures. But that duck on top of the fridge is not the same as the decorative ducks that had been on the foyer table.

The state didn't pursue the case as a DP case because of the two little girls, the Rentz family didn't want it, and Brad had no prior criminal history (i.e. aggravating factors).

Interesting SG.
So the Rentz family was consulted on the DP?
If so, that tells me the state has a very strong case.:great:

[... respectful snip ... ] However, he told Det. Dismukes that Nancy's card had been swiped (thus she had been at LTF) and that, of course, was a lie.

Right... I was really interested in that testimony... it's still unclear (to me). Based on the testimony, it still seems possible that a LTF employee checked (on their own), and it caused it to appear that Nancy had swiped. [ Brad later checked (or was told by someone), that LTF system seems to have recorded a swipe... he just passed along this info to the detective ]

But yeah - thanks for confirming it was same poster. It is interesting to note that this person was definitely 1000% convinced of all these things (earlier HT trip, LTF stuff)... I guess we're just finally finding out that there is a lot more to this story than may first meet the eye...

Interesting SG.

Victims families in murder cases are always (or at least usually) consulted to ascertain their feelings about such matters. The family doesn't decide for the state, but the state/DA does take victim's family's feelings and opinions into consideration as they make this type of decision.

Interesting SG.

So the State asked (consulted with) the Rentz family on whether they wanted them to pursue DP or not? ... and... then later.. the state also offered BC 2nd degree, but he declined the offer? Seems I've seen postings indicating both these are true. Interesting if so.

Right... I was really interested in that testimony... it's still unclear (to me). Based on the testimony, it still seems possible that a LTF employee checked (on their own), and it caused it to appear that Nancy had swiped. [ Brad later checked (or was told by someone), that LTF system seems to have recorded a swipe... he just passed along this info to the detective ]

Nope. Brad went in and asked if his wife had been there and that's why the LTF clerk checked the computer. There is no testimony that the clerk did it on her own (why would she?). Brad LIED and told Dismukes that Nancy's card had been swiped, but it had NOT been swiped. Brad obviously didn't realize that CPD would actually check this little factoid he told them. He miscalculated a lot that day.

So the State asked (consulted with) the Rentz family on whether they wanted them to pursue DP or not? ... and... then later.. the state also offered BC 2nd degree, but he declined the offer? Seems I've seen postings indicating both these are true. Interesting if so.

Where is this 2nd degree plea offer coming from? Never heard such a thing. Please provide an official source for this.

The state met with the Rentz family on several occasions (as is normal in a murder case). Finding out how a victim's family feels about the DP is something a DA would want to know as they mull this decision over. I'm sure it's not the only thing discussed between the DA's office and a victim's family, but it is useful to understand a family's feelings about such a thing.

Victims families in murder cases are always (or at least usually) consulted to ascertain their feelings about such matters. The family doesn't decide for the state, but the state/DA does take victim's family's feelings and opinions into consideration as they make this type of decision.

Usually they don't even go there at all unless there is a possibility they would consider the DP at all. If it was on the radar, it tells me their case is a strong one.
I do know the Fisher's were consulted and didn't want it because of the minor child. Of course, Jason Young was an obvious capital murder consideration.

My only problem for Brad being in the know as to just who or when she could have been meeting to jog..or to paint for that matter..I truly do NOT believe Nancy gave any details to BRAD at all...since like for a very long time...I get the impression she only shared what she had to with him...

Having said that...I do think that Brad knew precisely what Nancy had plans for and with whom..when where and why ( BUT not from Nancy directly)..BY reading her emails or checking her text messages..He truly seemed to be watching, checking, listening, reading everything she did, for a very long time..like back when he brought all the computer stuff into the home that Nancy demanded to be removed...

Just my impression...He knew precisely what she did, said and planned..and just couldnt stand it..together with her confrontation.. Brad may well have been tipped over the edge that night.. I do think that urgent request to move her and the kids OUT may have it!!JMO

Just as I don't think Brad would have known she had a red & black sports bra. they hadn't shared a bedroom in years. I don't believe Brad would have known what color/type sports bra nancy had. All those sports bras on the dining room table, photographed. None of them red & black. Brad couldn't have cared less what nancy wore. He specified 'red & black' sports bra, yet claimed he never saw her in anything but his white tee shirt that day. don't buy it.

Usually they don't even go there at all unless there is a possibility they would consider the DP at all. If it was on the radar, it tells me their case is a strong one.
I do know the Fisher's were consulted and didn't want it because of the minor child. Of course, Jason Young was an obvious capital murder consideration.

Don't you remember there was a Rule 24 hearing in BC's case too? It was held Dec 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025