Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But yeah - thanks for confirming it was same poster. It is interesting to note that this person was definitely 1000% convinced of all these things (earlier HT trip, LTF stuff)... I guess we're just finally finding out that there is a lot more to this story than may first meet the eye...
While we are reminiscing about the "good ol days", I'll mention that I'm pretty sure that this same poster went to HT on two different occasions and bought two versions of Tide so that she could see how they showed up on a receipt in some attempt to discredit the stuff that Brad's lawyers posted. :waitasec:

She also used to cruise by the Cooper house several times a day and would provide updates on whether the blinds were open or not as well as the status of the license plate bolts on the BMW.

One could argue that she was a bit to close to the case. :rolleyes:

Nope. Brad went in and asked if his wife had been there and that's why the LTF clerk checked the computer. There is no testimony that the clerk did it on her own (why would she?). Brad LIED and told Dismukes that Nancy's card had been swiped, but it had NOT been swiped. Brad obviously didn't realize that CPD would actually check this little factoid he told them. He miscalculated a lot that day.

Thanks - yes , I listened to the testimony. We discussed it here also afterwards. The speculation on why clerk would check themselves, was based on hearing there was a search going on I think.. and deciding to check for themselves (or perhaps someone else called and asked).

Agree there is no testimony that the clerk did it on their own. But there's also no clear testimony that confirms Brad lied about someone telling him the card was swiped. Dismukes confirmed that the LTF 'system' would record an inquiry as a swipe. Where the original inquiry came from is not completely clear. (though I understand there's speculation (from mt3k) that BC himself was the one that made that inquiry (and resulting faux-swipe).

It seems to be a stretch but it would be possible for a four year old child to push a speed dial button to call his phone. The 6:34 could have been "practice" and then have her call again after some sort of set time or when a commercial came on in her show. Like I said, I don't think this is what happened but there would be no way to rule it out. MOO

I've always wondered if one of the young uns were told to do something that morning that they reported to their relatives and that is why Brad lost custody so fast.

While we are reminiscing about the "good ol days", I'll mention that I'm pretty sure that this same poster went to HT on two different occasions and bought two versions of Tide so that she could see how they showed up on a receipt in some attempt to discredit the stuff that Brad's lawyers posted. :waitasec:

She also used to cruise by the Cooper house several times a day and would provide updates on whether the blinds were open or not as well as the status of the license plate bolts on the BMW.

One could argue that she was a bit to close to the case. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... did we ever find out who it was sitting beside the Rentz's in the courtroom on Friday morning??? :)

Yes, I recall. But that is a formality in all 1st degree murder cases in NC.

I would be very surprised (shocked, actually) if the DA's office did not ask the Rentz family about their feelings on the DP. Unless the DA's office had already decided right from the beginning they were not going to try for the DP?

Where is this 2nd degree plea offer coming from? Never heard such a thing. Please provide an official source for this.

The state met with the Rentz family on several occasions (as is normal in a murder case). Finding out how a victim's family feels about the DP is something a DA would want to know as they mull this decision over. I'm sure it's not the only thing discussed between the DA's office and a victim's family, but it is useful to understand a family's feelings about such a thing.

Well, if I was feeling snarky, I could just post "I have my sources...", and leave it at that. :)

I won't do that to you though... will try to dig it up... was from a (if I recall generally credible) WS poster the past day or two... I was a little surprised too, but don't have reason to believe otherwise.

I've always wondered if one of the young uns were told to do something that morning that they reported to their relatives and that is why Brad lost custody so fast.

Hmmm I don't know about that.

I think it's that Nancy's youngest sister had heard of an (alleged) earlier suicide threat from Brad when Brad & Nancy were visiting the Rentz family in Canada (circa '07). See Jill Dean's affidavit in the legal docs section. The family, in their emergency custody order, which is also in the legal documents at the top, referred to this as well as their concern that Brad was emotionally unstable, had screamed at Nancy and the children, and they were concerned about the welfare of the kids.

One of the things that's been sort of glossed over in discussions is the notes found under his keyboard. I realize it's not direct evidence of guilt in this murder but my first thought when I heard the description was "murder/suicide". Life insurance policies and wills along with notations of what the girls like. Who was he writing the notes for?

I guess I should have said "hardly any doubt"
The state has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt....yet.

There have been jurors on Dateline and other such programs that have clearly stated that they all felt the person on trial did the murder, but could not vote to convict because of lack of evidence or that the prosecutors had not proven the case.

I cannot say that I have "hardly any doubt" because I have no doubt at all BC murdered Nancy. My reasons are many pieces of circumstantial evidence presented so far indicated that BC is the only person with more than a few reasons to want Nancy dead and out of his life forever.

A random stranger would have taken those diamond studs. A random stranger would not have just taken the top, shorts, shoes, and even the rubber band in her hair. No way was this a random murder. It was an up close and personal murder. Strangling is something an intimate partner does in most cases. Husband. Even from what we now know, it is more likely than not that BC did murder Nancy.

I know some here want proof beyond a reasonable doubt. That is fine. I am not on the jury, so even if BC is found not guilty I will always believe he did murder Nancy. I will not be critical of those who feel and think BC is innocent, but those who feel/think BC DID murder Nancy shouldn't be criticised for their opinion either.

I simply cannot wait FBI computer forensics is revealed!

Peace to all.

One of the things that's been sort of glossed over in discussions is the notes found under his keyboard. I realize it's not direct evidence of guilt in this murder but my first thought when I heard the description was "murder/suicide". Life insurance policies and wills along with notations of what the girls like. Who was he writing the notes for?

It didn't make me think he was suicidal, but it did cause me to pause and think that he was planning on doing away with Nancy.

What suicidal person would need to remember their kids' fav things? To answer questions correctly to get through the pearly gates after he killed himself?

No, the kids' names with things they liked and little details about the kids immediately made me think, "he was planning a homicide, not his own death."

I would be very surprised (shocked, actually) if the DA's office did not ask the Rentz family about their feelings on the DP. Unless the DA's office had already decided right from the beginning they were not going to try for the DP?

Ok, so it is not a fact they asked them.
Damn it, I was getting my hopes up they had a for sure, slam dunk case.:banghead:

It didn't make me think he was suicidal, but it did cause me to pause and think that he was planning on doing away with Nancy.

What suicidal person would need to remember their kids' fav things? To answer questions correctly to get through the pearly gates after he killed himself?

No, the kids' names with things they liked and little details about the kids immediately made me think, "he was planning a homicide, not his own death."

If he thought that both parents would be gone, he might leave notes for whoever would be taking care of the children. That's what it looked like to me. I meant that it sounded like he was considering killing Nancy and then himself.

Ok, so it is not a fact they asked them.
Damn it, I was getting my hopes up they had a for sure, slam dunk case.:banghead:

No it's not a (known) fact by me. I don't think the DA's case is 'slam dunk.' I thought that when BC first got arrested, but I no longer believe that.

No it's not a (known) fact by me. I don't think the DA's case is 'slam dunk.' I thought that when BC first got arrested, but I no longer believe that.

Based on what I have seen so far, their case is anemic.
Lets hope it ends with a bang.
Somehow, I think it will.

I am obsessed with accuracy. I try to get things accurate, as much as I can. If we're going to analyze a case then we need to work from fact, not someone's nuanced interpretation of what they think they remember they heard or saw.

Hmmm...that sounds like a good, fair approach to me. Glad you thought of it.
icon10.gif

It seems to be a stretch but it would be possible for a four year old child to push a speed dial button to call his phone. The 6:34 could have been "practice" and then have her call again after some sort of set time or when a commercial came on in her show. Like I said, I don't think this is what happened but there would be no way to rule it out. MOO

I know I've said this before, but my four year old granddaugher is perfectly able and has done so, called her daddy's cell phone and left him a message. He was so proud, he played it for all of us just a couple week-ends ago at a family cook-out. She left him a very indignant message concerning him 'taking momma out for a lunch date and not taking her too!'

My biggest disappointment is how the state is presenting the evidence.
Looking back over 3 weeks, it has been very disjointed (at best), with no real progress of adding layer after layer of CE so the jurors start to 'get it'. In fact, if I was sitting in that uncomfortable chair for 3 weeks, I would be pizzed. I would be saying - enough of the bad marriage stuff - show me some evidence he killed her, or let me go home.

Calipari vs Calhoun
The 2 most corrupt BB coaches in America.
Good game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members