Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about this - NC called her real estate agent on Thursday 7/10 and said she needed to find a place ASAP. Why did JA go to her house to help her "organize" the next morning? She wasn't going there to organize to move her out, she specifically said she was *unpacking*.

Secondly, JA said they were to paint on Saturday with the leftover paint from the other work. Isn't it odd they would have an entire room's worth of paint leftover to do that?

What was the trigger? JA was already scheduled to come over, IIRC. Perhaps Nancy was told to just go on like normal and not let anyone know? Perhaps she was working on an "escape" plan? Perhaps Nancy needed a few more days to get money together to leave? Perhaps Brad intercepted email(s) confirming as much and thus was losing control? Perhaps that email that set him off was from Brett?

JA testified that she went to the Cooper's on the 11th to work on a plan to organize the house and she specifically said "she needed to unpack since so many things were in boxes". That raises a huge red flag to me because it completely contradicts what the RE agent said.

My thoughts are that JA was either a) going to help her unpack, organize and repack the boxes since she had been pulling stuff out of them and things were getting disorganized and messy or b) unpack the boxes to tidy up the house for resale to make it more appealing and sellable.

What was the trigger? JA was already scheduled to come over, IIRC. Perhaps Nancy was told to just go on like normal and not let anyone know? Perhaps she was working on an "escape" plan? Perhaps Nancy needed a few more days to get money together to leave? Perhaps Brad intercepted email(s) confirming as much and thus was losing control? Perhaps that email that set him off was from Brett?

JA's story is now suspect to me.

Told by whom to act normal?

It doesn't sound reasonable to suggest that NC was hiding the fact that she wanted to move quickly from JA, does it? BC wasn't even home when JA was "supposedly" there. Something is not adding up. It seems some here keep stretching things to make them fit the story that Brad did it. I'm looking at different angles.

Email from Brett? I don't understand.

My thoughts are that JA was either a) going to help her unpack, organize and repack the boxes since she had been pulling stuff out of them and things were getting disorganized and messy or b) unpack the boxes to tidy up the house for resale to make it more appealing and sellable.

Listen to her very own testimony, day 4, part 1 (I think). She very clearly said she needed to help her organize since she still needed to unpack the girls clothes and toys. Why would that happen if NC was planning to urgently move out ASAP. Something isn't adding up.

The thing is though, I don't recall any of JA's testimony mention this (that NC was planning on putting the house on the market). In fact, the RE agent is the first time we've heard anything about her wanting out of that house right away. I remember JA said she was 'paying' NC back for the painting she was going to do by 'helping her clean the place up'. Nowhere in her testimony did she say 'helping her clean the place up because she was wanting to move'.

Why would she not mention any of this under direct examination?

I would guess there's a wrongful death suit waiting to be filed. I can't see him ever getting custody of his children back.
I would agree that a lawsuit wouldn't be surprising, but I'm not sure what the point would be. It will cost the family a lot in legal fees and there's going to be nothing left to get from Brad. I guess there's the satisfaction of hearing someone render a verdict that he probably did it. But beyond that, it seems kind of futile.

It doesn't sound reasonable to suggest that NC was hiding the fact that she wanted to move quickly from JA, does it? BC wasn't even home when JA was "supposedly" there. Something is not adding up. It seems some here keep stretching things to make them fit the story that Brad did it. I'm looking at different angles.

JA's story is not suspect to me.

Not sure who would have told her to act normal...but when getting ready to "exit" not sending up any red flags to anyone is probably the best thing.

I don't think I'm stretching things. It's OK if we agree to disagree!

What different angles are you looking at?

Brett? I'll leave alone at this point. He's been mentioned twice that I recall in testimony.

I agree. The one person I'd think NC would tell about any plans she had (moving/packing) would be JA.

JA's story is not suspect to me.

Not sure who would have told her to act normal...but when getting ready to "exit" not sending up any red flags to anyone is probably the best thing.

I don't that is a stretch.

What different angles are you looking at?

Brett? I'll leave alone at this point. He's been mentioned twice that I recall in testimony.

I think the only thing suspect is JA coming over to help 'tidy up and unpack' directly contradicts the email NC sent to the RE agent. JA/DD/pick a friend didn't mention any of this during testimony.

I think the only thing suspect is JA coming over to help 'tidy up and unpack' directly contradicts the email NC sent to the RE agent. JA didn't mention any of this during her testimony.

Since this has been going on since 2008 on here, you can look at a lot of these smaller things and see why my hinky meter goes up and down, up and down, not guilty and guilty (leaving innocent completely out of the picture).

It's these little things that tick me off at the Cary PD because I believe her phone would have truly been important to A) their timeline and B) their understanding of what went down that maybe none of us see. I think that seeing that, coupled with maybe what's ahead in the emails and computers would paint a much more stark image of the reason for the indictment and trial.

Otherwise, we are in for more build up, build up "We didn't find anything" and that alone will drive me over the rails. It's very hard to watch this and it's impossible to click the off button when news on this case pops up, isn't it?

Since this has been going on since 2008 on here, you can look at a lot of these smaller things and see why my hinky meter goes up and down, up and down, not guilty and guilty (leaving innocent completely out of the picture).

It's these little things that tick me off at the Cary PD because I believe her phone would have truly been important to A) their timeline and B) their understanding of what went down that maybe none of us see. I think that seeing that, coupled with maybe what's ahead in the emails and computers would paint a much more stark image of the reason for the indictment and trial.

Otherwise, we are in for more build up, build up "We didn't find anything" and that alone will drive me over the rails. It's very hard to watch this and it's impossible to click the off button when news on this case pops up, isn't it?

LOL, you are right--I certainly can't turn this trial off...either on here or when the court stream is live. I looked forward all of Dec., Jan. and Feb. to the day when I could get outside, in 68 degree weather, and pull the weeds out of my flower beds. I have hardly been outside at all since this trial began.
It's certainly nerve wrenching at this point because of the lack of evidence, the prosecution's case going back and forth, and each time we think there is a tiny bit of evidence it gets shot down. I hope this upcoming week will throw some actual hard and undeniable facts into the trial. I am somewhat looking forward to, and dreading, the defense's case.

I think the only thing suspect is JA coming over to help 'tidy up and unpack' directly contradicts the email NC sent to the RE agent. JA/DD/pick a friend didn't mention any of this during testimony.

Weren't the plans made for JA to come help "organize" before the the call to the realtor?

I think the phone being erased was a mistake but I just don't understand how much more they would have gotten from the actual phone. The records provide a lot of information. I'm curious if she was known to check her email on her phone. I would love to know her pattern. If she checked her email/voicemal everyday, there would be a record of that. If she had emal/voicemail messages sent and didn't check her email/voicemail on that Saturday morning, that would be extremely important circumstantial evidence. I am waiting for the phone records to come into this in their totality to determine how bad it was that the phone was erased. MOO

Weren't the plans made for JA to come help "organize" before the the call to the realtor?

According to JA's testimony, she met with NC on 7/11/08 @ ~5PM(right before the party) to go over the rooms in the house JA was going to help organize. JA stated that she was planning to do the organizing on Sunday 7/13.

Sorry dude, you are trying to give this guy way too much credit.
By nearly all accounts, he was an AHole.

First, i am not dude. Secondly I merely presented a possibility. It is ok if you disagree but try to be nice about your disagreements.

I understand wha tyou are saying, but you can explain it several different ways.

A theory on it could be that she had not told anyone she was looking for an apartment/townhome yet because she didn't know where she was going to come up with the money and didn't want the children to hear her talk about moving because they could start talking about it. She sent that email when she was angry and then later calmed down a little and needed to organize anyways and maybe she needed someone to help her throw away stuff (some times we hold on to our kids stuff too long and there is so much of it!)
My husband always says "never email angry" and wait to calm down and think about what you want to say. Well, NC maybe just fired off that email to her RE agent and then the next day wasn't really considering it, I mean how was she going to come up with any money anyways for it?

She called the realtor on Thursday and left the message that she wanted to move out ASAP. JA claimed they spoke Friday AM to firm up the plans to "organize".

I know. Since there are so many questions, it would have been so much more helpful to have ALL phone information.

I understand wha tyou are saying, but you can explain it several different ways.

A theory on it could be that she had not told anyone she was looking for an apartment/townhome yet because she didn't know where she was going to come up with the money and didn't want the children to hear her talk about moving because they could start talking about it. She sent that email when she was angry and then later calmed down a little and needed to organize anyways and maybe she needed someone to help her throw away stuff (some times we hold on to our kids stuff too long and there is so much of it!)
My husband always says "never email angry" and wait to calm down and think about what you want to say. Well, NC maybe just fired off that email to her RE agent and then the next day wasn't really considering it, I mean how was she going to come up with any money anyways for it?

I have wondered since she spent the previous week/weekend with her parents if they didn't give her the money to get her own apartment? Nothing has been offered about this but it's something I thought about as soon as I heard the testimony from the real estate guy and the urgency of her message she left for him.

I have wondered since she spent the previous week/weekend with her parents if they didn't give her the money to get her own apartment? Nothing has been offered about this but it's something I thought about as soon as I heard the testimony from the real estate guy and the urgency of her message she left for him.

Well, she wanted to go home to Canada and cried to her mother about it. My guess is that they thought they would get it worked out and she would come back to Canada.. I think the prosecution would haved asked her mom on the stand if she had to give her money to help her move out because she was so unhappy. No such questions were asked so my guess is that she had no money to move out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member