Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps when he hit her and she flew off the bike, she tumbled around and possibly hit her head on asphalt and was knocked unconscious, or she was really woosy and in a state of shock and not thinking clearly.

He could very well have taken advantage of those moments if he moved quickly enough. He could have then had both Mickey and the bike in the truck before she became fully aware of the situation that was taking place. Just a theory..

I can see him maybe just grabbing the bike and tossing it in the back very quickly, while Mickey was incapacitated, then sort of strong-arming her into the truck.

I'm sorry I can't keep up - I'm in the middle of making a very large batch of chanterelle mushroom soup - rare and expensive mushrooms picking back in the woods - no replacing them until next year's crop if I screw it up - intricate recipe.

<snipped>

OT: It must be getting to be "mushroom season", for some types, at least, 'cause there you are, making your soup, and just today, when I was walking some of my dogs in the woods, I noticed all kinds of mushrooms had sprung up that hadn't been there in the past few days.

I used to know a little about mushrooms (because I get obsessive and study up on things like that) but I don't trust what recall I have now of that knowledge enough to pick any and pop them in the soup pot, that's for sure! For goodness sake, I hope you know what you're doing -- be careful!

I see a pattern forming here, which to me, serves a greater injustice for what Mickey fought incredibly hard. This is a Tier 3 RSO, that blindfolded, tied, and raped an earlier victim for hours. That means he did it over and over and over to her. That is a fact and he served time for it. BSL's statement is so wrong on so many levels. He has sanitized this statement for one purpose only and that is himself.

BSL was looking for one thing and one thing only that night and nothing anyone says, including himself, was going to prevent him from getting what he wanted. I am sure there are many rape victims on this forum that can attest to the fact nothing was going to stop him whether that be mace or knife wounds.

As a rape victim and survivor, his version of events don't make sense. For many of us that have endured something like this, maybe we can see through this statement easier. I don't know. What I do know is he got what he wanted and he did not give up the location of the body till he was sure there were probably no forensics that could disprove his statement.

I understand that for some this is how they, for their own sanity, feel this is how it happened. I can understand that but I will not buy into what he has stated in his plea agreement.

Mickey fought hard so that the truth could be told. By downplaying what she went through is wrong. I expected the plea agreement to be the bare facts, what I did not expect was the absolute lies within it.

Some feel this is in some way disrespectful to her memory. I believe it is more disrespectful to not fully understand what she went through, fought for, and ultimately died because of. Instead of making more woman aware of how critical it is to be aware and to take precautions, some feel it to be more important to not discuss it. There is a loud message that needs to be told here which some are trying to stifle when instead it should be used to educate.

If there was semen on her body would forensics be able to determine that now? If they could and did find it would le be likely to say the plea does not stand?

There would be many factors that would play into whether or not they were able to get the forensics needed for both Mickey and Lisa.

Adam called le the end of May? I didn't even know BSL was on the radar until June 14th. I must have picked the wrong page to skip... Does anyone remember approx. when this was discussed, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

According to Adam, he was told on the 20th the story re: wounds and it was 6 or 7 days following that when he called a detective he trusted.

I see a pattern forming here, which to me, serves a greater injustice for what Mickey fought incredibly hard. This is a Tier 3 RSO, that blindfolded, tied, and raped an earlier victim for hours. That means he did it over and over and over to her. That is a fact and he served time for it. BSL's statement is so wrong on so many levels. He has sanitized this statement for one purpose only and that is himself.

BSL was looking for one thing and one thing only that night and nothing anyone says, including himself, was going to prevent him from getting what he wanted. I am sure there are many rape victims on this forum that can attest to the fact nothing was going to stop him whether that be mace or knife wounds.

As a rape victim and survivor, his version of events don't make sense. For many of us that have endured something like this, maybe we can see through this statement easier. I don't know. What I do know is he got what he wanted and he did not give up the location of the body till he was sure there were probably no forensics that could disprove his statement.

I understand that for some this is how they, for their own sanity, feel this is how it happened. I can understand that but I will not buy into what he has stated in his plea agreement.

Mickey fought hard so that the truth could be told. By downplaying what she went through is wrong. I expected the plea agreement to be the bare facts, what I did not expect was the absolute lies within it.

Some feel this is in some way disrespectful to her memory. I believe it is more disrespectful to not fully understand what she went through, fought for, and ultimately died because of. Instead of making more woman aware of how critical it is to be aware and to take precautions, some feel it to be more important to not discuss it. There is a loud message that needs to be told here which some are trying to stifle when instead it should be used to educate.

Allusonz, I had to log back on just to try to respond to your very powerful post. I am a little at a loss as to how to do that, but I want to try.

I can only speak for myself: Thinking that Mickey might not have been raped has nothing to do with wanting to minimize or close my eyes to any part of her horrific experience.

I have never experienced rape, so I confess that I do not have full insight into that experience, but I have to believe that rape, as soul-shattering as it must be, is not always truly "the fate worse than death" -- and Mickey died. So it's not about minimizing, for me.

I truly believe it is possible that she was not sexually assaulted, but certainly she may have been. I think BSL may not have been so confident that LE doesn't have evidence of rape that he would have omitted that at the risk of having the DP reinstated if he was caught in the lie. Avoiding death, it seems, is the very reason most people feel he confessed to begin with.

I also think it's possible that he may, for the same reason, have confessed to sexually assaulting her, if he did, and those details were left out of documents and public statements that were expected to be of intense public interest. I am not saying, if that is what happened, that I think that's a good idea -- I'm just saying it may have happened.

I can't help what I believe is most likely the case. By believing it, I don't mean any injustice to Mickey or to you. I am sorry the topic is so painful for you -- I do understand why it would be.

BSL's wounds mean that things did not go as planned. Had he been wound-free, your idea would be much more likely.

As it is, we have a cut-up perp. We also have no mention of rape whatsoever in any official documents.

I am not being disrespectful. I'm looking at what happened and saying I think there's a good chance he wasn't able to get what he wanted. He burned his truck because something went very wrong.

You are free to speculate on what happened to Mickey. I'm sticking to the released facts for now, and looking at the struggle. You do NOT know that he got "what he wanted." Maybe we should leave Mickey some dignity until more proof comes out.

There you go again. Last time I was naive. This time I'm disrespectful. I'm almost starting to think you have something personal against me, because you have been picking on my posts for quite awhile now and I'm starting to see a pattern forming here.

I am thinking that they were probably fighting and fiercely so from the very beginning. The reason I do not believed she was sexually assaulted in any way is because there was mace, a knife and a gun involved. I think things went down very quickly and violently. I am wondering whether it was his left hand or right hand that was cut. I am thinking that maybe if it were his right hand then he was trying to drive the truck with his left. Perhaps he had modified the truck where she could not get out once she was in and that is what she noticed and was instantly fighting about. I just think everything happened very quickly, too fast for a sexual assault. The only reason I think he did nto assault her is because she fought quickly and valiantly.

Now, I did not know BSL had a girlfriend in Austin. If he did, I would start looking for missing or murdered folks from there. Pretty sad when anywhere a location and BSL are mentioned you instantly start looking for bodies.

<snipped>

OT: It must be getting to be "mushroom season", for some types, at least, 'cause there you are, making your soup, and just today, when I was walking some of my dogs in the woods, I noticed all kinds of mushrooms had sprung up that hadn't been there in the past few days.

I used to know a little about mushrooms (because I get obsessive and study up on things like that) but I don't trust what recall I have now of that knowledge enough to pick any and pop them in the soup pot, that's for sure! For goodness sake, I hope you know what you're doing -- be careful!

Been eating them for years. Maybe that's what's wrong with me. Gotta go check my roux - can't burn it!

BSL's wounds mean that things did not go as planned. Had he been wound-free, your idea would be much more likely.

As it is, we have a cut-up perp. We also have no mention of rape whatsoever in any official documents.

I am not being disrespectful. I'm looking at what happened and saying I think there's a good chance he wasn't able to get what he wanted. He burned his truck because something went very wrong.

You are free to speculate on what happened to Mickey. I'm sticking to the released facts for now, and looking at the struggle. You do NOT know that he got "what he wanted." Maybe we should leave Mickey some dignity until more proof comes out.

There you go again. Last time I was naive. This time I'm disrespectful. I'm almost starting to think you have something personal against me, because you have been picking on my posts for quite awhile now and I'm starting to see a pattern forming here.

Why would Mickey lose dignity if she had been raped? It is a crime against a person, just like murder.

Why would Mickey lose dignity if she had been raped? It is a crime against a person, just like murder.

So far I think everyone has missed my point for a couple days now.

If she was successful in fighting off a rape, then that's her victory that no one should take away talking on a blog. I'm starting to get more and more nonplussed with the number of posters who are taking her rape as a FACT and as a STARTING POINT.

It is all speculation.

NOT ONE BIT OF EVIDENCE - NOT ONE OFFICIAL STATEMENT OR DOCUMENT - HAS SAID SHE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED. WHY ARE PEOPLE TAKING THIS AS FACT, AND THEN GIVING FOLKS HEAT WHO THINK MAYBE NOT?:banghead:

I can see myself really fixing to unload in all directions, so I'm signing out.

Who actually drafts that document? And then is it passed back and forth amd modified until both parties are somewhat agreed? I' m wondering if there was any give and take involved in the wording.

I've been reading for weeks, not able to post anything more than all of your words, thoughts and discoveries continue to bring to light. So many tears have fallen as I have gone from thread to thread. Thankful to all of you and Mickey's family/friends for giving this evil good purpose. I have faith that good will triumph. Mickey's legacy of positive energy, love and warrior spirit will remain with me for life. It's a great motivator.

For me Mickey death demands that all of BSL victims be revealed. I do think that Ali very well could be one of his victims. And, yes I think there are many. IMO, LE should be looking in rural cemeteries, property of relatives and sugarcane fields for her remains.

Something I wanted to share...Last Sunday night as I drove home towards south Louisiana from unpacking my niece at college, I was overcome with the sadness of Mickey's earthly fate. As I blinked through the flow of tears, a song (that I had never heard before) came on my radio station. It was, 'Let Me Be Your Angel' sung by Tiffany Evans. What a sweet message and just what my soul needed to hear.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcwcy_Djlr4"]Tiffany Evans - Let Me Be Your Angel - YouTube[/ame]

'Patterns, Traits, Past Behavior, Probabilities, Indicators'...
' He sent pictures to my daughter. He was pretty cut up and had scratches all over his arms'(garryb)...

Chicken Fried, I honor & respect your opinions... I am confident that the primary concern of everyone on this forum is the innocent victims; Mickey Shunick, and Lisa Pate,as well as their families and loved ones.

Many times it is difficult to remain unemotional & objective when/if we have personal ties to a victim or their family.

At this juncture, all we have pertaining to the official autopsy report is the cause of death. We have an outline of the timeline & events which is weighed heavily on BS Lavergne's revelations. Imo, it would be impractical to conclude that his confession wasn't dressed up to shine a favorable light on him.

Psychopathic sexual predators are manipulative, calculating, creative, deflective, and will fool you...There motive is carrying out their sexual fantasies and complete control over their innocent victims. As was/is sexual predator John Albert Gardner III. BSL, was very vindictive, violent, and possessed an enormous amount of anger against women. He would have been infuriated by Mickey's resistance and strong will.

Although indicators point to Mickey being raped, imo. Due to Mickey's courageous fight, BSL, lost this control and may, or may not have succeeded in carrying out his fantasy.

Our judicial system allows rape victim's names remain anonymous, unlike most other crime victims for obvious reasons. Some decide to publicly share their tragic stories, such as Elizabeth Smart, for self healing, education, prevention, awareness, and to assist other rape victims in their healing process.

I didn't know Mickey Shunick, but I do know that she was/is a fighter, as was/is abduction/rape/murder victim Meredith Hope Emerson. Elizabeth Smart, and Jacee Dugard, although survivors, have chosen to continue their fight through advocacy.

Both Meredith, Jacee, and Elizabeth are known rape victims, yet are not stigmatized by the American public, but recognized as Heroes, as they should be..

"Elizabeth Smart is an inspiration and an Amazing lady as was/is Mickey Schunick"...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CY_1GrWOpg&feature=related"]Elizabeth Smart interview with News 5 (KOAA-TV) - YouTube[/ame]

Who actually drafts that document? And then is it passed back and forth amd modified until both parties are somewhat agreed? I' m wondering if there was any give and take involved in the wording.

abbielynn, that is a very good question. Only the prosecutor DISTRICT ATTORNEY KEITH STUTES, could provide accurate and specific answers. Local MSM and beyond is monitoring this forum, imo. I have been very impressed with their investigative reporting throughout the past three months. I am confident many of the answers that we are seeking will be provided in due time.

I was communicating with a journalist that is closely following the Ali investigation(TX), the other day on FB, and shared the info about the one mile distance from BSL's sister's residence and Ali's abduction location. The reporter said, 'where did you get that info'? I responded, 'Websleuths, where else'?...

As usual, I digress...

Based on past plea bargain negotiations in high profile cases with serial killers; Gary Hilton(GA) and Gary Ridgeway(WA), the FBI BAU provides resources and techniques to assist & guide investigators and prosecutors through this process, when requested.. Many times, due to the enormous expense/costs of the investigations and prosecutions of serial killers for the communities/Parishes. The State & Federal Government have been known to provide financial assistance. In both GMH(FL) & GR(WA)cases additional funds were granted.

abbielynn, imo, there were prolly days or weeks of very stressful back and forth/give and take, involved in the negotiations between prosecutors and BSL's defense attorney. Many critical decisions and compromises were made, imo.
Both the defendant and the state had/have a lot riding on the outcome. The final plea deal was very important for both party's.

Bumping for FYI- multiple pages..

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/...-Mace-knife-fight-fatal-shot?odyssey=nav|head

Recounting Lafayette murder: a bumped bike, a spray of Mace, a knife fight and a fatal shot..
LAFAYETTE -- Torn fliers still cling to poles on many Lafayette streetcorners, imploring passersby to "Bring Mickey Home." They were posted by family, friends and community members in the days after 21-year-old Michaela "Mickey" Shunick disappeared in the early morning hours of May 19.

Her disappearance led to one of the largest investigations in Lafayette Police Department history.

For three months, the fliers showing her curly platinum hair and vibrant smile were a constant reminder that Shunick was still out there somewhere.

She will be home soon.
Page 2 of 5-
Snippet-

'Enticed, persuaded ... or forced' into truck
What happened next, only Lavergne really knows. In court Friday, lead prosecutor Keith Stutes read a statement that Lavergne signed as part of his plea agreement. According to the statement, Shunick was "enticed or persuaded ... or forced" into Lavergne's truck. Her damaged bicycle was put into the bed of the truck and Lavergne drove off.

Page 5 of 5-
snipet-

Daughter 'faced down a monster'
Three months of wondering what happened to their daughter and sister on May 19 ended for the Shunick family, who were in court Friday to hear Lavergne confess.

Smart, funny, outspoken, thoughtful, loving and loved, vibrant, a gentle soul with the heart of a lioness is how Shunick's mother, Nancy Rowe, described her daughter in a statement Friday.

"I never called Mickey a victim. She refuses to be a victim," Rowe said in the statement.

"My courageous child faced down a monster," she continued. "Now I think I can face the monsters too. And so can you. The Mighty Mick. I love you Mickey."

KLFY just put on thier Facebook page that MS's autopsy report will be released today... She is finally coming home....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass