Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all pretty tore up about all this, especially her. I'm afraid it is going to be quite a while before we get to a point where we see any good out of this situation, but thanks for you kind words and thoughts.

Hi Gary,

I was in court yesterday and felt empathy for those sitting on Brandon's side of the courtroom. The first two rows were empty, but on the third row was an older grey haired lady, maybe mid 70s. She was very thin and very somber.She had a female maybe 50 consoling her.

Do you know who she is?

I will also let you know that when the judge asked for Brandon to be brought in, the door to the right of the judge opened (viewed from seating area). There was a pause of about 10-15 seconds, and everyone was holding their breath. You could have heard a pin drop. The feelings I was having are hard to describe.

He entered, shackled with his head down, and people began to breath. It was a very sad time for me.

When the prosecutor was reading the recap of what happened to Mickey the tension was again very high. Stutes basically said MightyMick came back for round two and was then shot in the head. That was the only time I heard sounds from the audience. Nancy Shunick gasped and cryed out, I personally gasped.

Eventually, they led Brandon out the same door. I watched until he disappeared, feeling somber and sad. I'm angry at Brandon, but also bewildered at how someone can have so much evil within.

Thank you for sharing your grief.

RIP Mickey. :(

What angers me and also saddens me most is that tiny little Mickey actually stood a chance against a sick twice her size. And he had a knife.

But she didn't stand a chance against his gun against her head. Wasn't BSL already a convicted felon? WTF??? Of course, down here, everybody is packing and I'm sick of hearing that guns don't kill people!!! They damn well DO! Every single day.

Mickey fought back and MAY have escaped but for that gun. I am SEETHING.

I'm going to leave it at that so I don't get a vacation.

Your statement is the perfect reason for not having more stringent gun control laws. Law abiding citizens would follow the rules while criminals will just buy one from another criminal. It's like those stupid child safety courses parent volunteers have to take if they want to help out in their child's school. Those who have no skeletons in their closets go through the rigamarole while those that need watching never will.

I cant help but wonder what his "trigger" was for his actions. Why was he out trolling on May 19th? I cant imagine his bump and grab was a random act. He must have thought thru where to dispose of the bike and a body. Does anyone know if something happened in his personal life that was spinning out of control for him? From what I have read he had a good job, owned his home, had a girlfriend (possible fiance) and had reconnected with his birth family. Also, not being from the area, how far is it from the Circle K to where he admitted to hitting her bike?

He didn't need a trigger other than he wanted his needs met. He didn't need a reason to act out.

Anyone know where the Mickey Shunick fought for her life Marquee Sign specific address is & the name of the theatre or business?

AMERICA
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
news
U.S
WORLD

Murdered college student Mickey Shunick sprayed attacker with mace and even stabbed him with his own knife in final moments, court documents reveal
Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of first-degree murder in the death of the student, Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, and the separate July 1999 slaying of Lisa Marie Pate.

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eal-article-1.1139163?localLinksEnabled=false

I just messaged a few friends in NY... If you don't get an answer I
will let ya know.

I hope Mickey's family was fully aware of what would be revealed in court yesterday...I know that Mickey's mom is said to have cried out when they revealed she had been shot...I hope she already knew this hideous fact...I know I kind of cried out too when I read it for the first time. Just hoping she knew already...you never know for sure how much LE reveals to families in these situations...

I made a BIG mistake. I thought I remembered reading in the court documents that he "formulated a plan" with his out of town friend. I just back and reread the documents and it said that he "formulated a plan" when he went back to his residence for the second time before he went to NOLA. I STAND CORRECTED!!! I'm very sorry for this mistake.

It happens! No problem!!

Just so you know....
He sent her a letter from jail also. In that letter he proclaimed his innocence, even though the letter was dated after he must have confessed. She didn't get the letter until a couple of days ago. In that letter he stated "I can't believe what I am reading that you told the police, after all we have been through. After this is all said and done, we shall never speak of this again. I forgive you". This guy is a perpetual liar, even to those he was closest to.

Ugh. What an incredible tool BSL is. Manipulative jerk.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Anyone know where the Mickey Shunick - 'Fought for her life' - Marquee Sign specific address is & the name of the theatre or business?
The marquee is at Times Square Studios, Broadway and 44th. It belongs to Disney, but Good Morning America and other shows are filmed there. The upper ticker is ABC's feed. The lower is ESPN's.

Lavergne eyed in Texas case

http://theadvocate.com/news/3654342-123/lavergne-eyed-in-texas-case

Early on during the search for Lowitzer, Sanford said, one of the tips involved a white domestic truck seen traveling behind the young girl as she walked to the restaurant.

The witness reported seeing the driver of the vehicle attempting to lure Lowitzer into his truck. While under hypnosis, the witness recalled the truck’s license plate contained the letters “XO” and several zeros, Sanford said.

wow unless he confesses or some other substantial piece of evidence is found then this really doesn't mean much at all.

I posted this in another thread also, but I want to get this group's opinion or info from y'all.
-------------

I'm not sure about these things...

- Did BSL go to his residence with Mickey and tried to clean his truck?

-If so, what do you think he did with her while cleaning?

-Was she brought inside then put back in the truck?

-I wonder how much blood was in his trailer.

- I also wonder how much blood was in his truck from Mickey. I would imagine there would be lots.

-And what do you think he cleaned it with? That must have been a pretty exhausting job especially while wounded.

-Were the pictures he took of his injuries before he went to the hospital or after?

If the pics were like it was mentioned way back that he took them of his bloodied body, wouldn't someone be able to tell if he was at his trailer when he took them by seeing what was in the background? If he did take the pics at the trailer then it would not have made sense to LE or anyone else that he got attacked in NOLA but was still bloodied up when he returned home, which I seriously doubt.

The documents also said he got rid of the clothes he was wearing (I think) before going get medical treatment. I wonder if he went to the hospital without a shirt on because how would a shirt not be cut up after getting stabbed. Unless he told them that he just happened to have another shirt in his truck to put on.

I guess all of this is really not important because all of the major details have been released, but I'm just curious.

Your statement is the perfect reason for not having more stringent gun control laws. Law abiding citizens would follow the rules while criminals will just buy one from another criminal. It's like those stupid child safety courses parent volunteers have to take if they want to help out in their child's school. Those who have no skeletons in their closets go through the rigamarole while those that need watching never will.

He didn't need a trigger other than he wanted his needs met. He didn't need a reason to act out.

i agree. in a perfect world where we could really get rid of all guns then maybe. but that will NEVER happen. otherwise stricter gun control laws will just allow people like BSL to have guns when they are not supposed to. obviously they break laws and don't care about whether they are not supposed to have them or not. poor mickey may not even have been allowed to have one on her bike ride home if any of it was on campus and then i don't even know LA state laws on concealed carry. the citizens are restricted, but the criminals are not whatsoever. stricter gun laws are not the answer to this

Anyone know where the Mickey Shunick - 'Fought for her life' - Marquee Sign specific address is & the name of the theatre or business?

AMERICA
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
news
U.S
WORLD

Murdered college student Mickey Shunick sprayed attacker with mace and even stabbed him with his own knife in final moments, court documents reveal
Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, pleaded guilty Friday to two counts of first-degree murder in the death of the student, Michaela “Mickey” Shunick, and the separate July 1999 slaying of Lisa Marie Pate.

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eal-article-1.1139163?localLinksEnabled=false
That's the Times Square ABC building.

http://www.facebook.com/katctv3

You and 4,366 others like this.

From KATC's Alex Labat:
Tonight, Mickey Shunick is the toughest person in New York City.

Nancy Anne Rowe Tonight, Mickey Shunick is the toughest person on the planet.
about an hour ago · Unlike · 5

I hope Mickey's family was fully aware of what would be revealed in court yesterday...I know that Mickey's mom is said to have cried out when they revealed she had been shot...I hope she already knew this hideous fact...I know I kind of cried out too when I read it for the first time. Just hoping she knew already...you never know for sure how much LE reveals to families in these situations...

I would hope that they had discussed this with her even if it was right before the hearing started so the info wouldn't be leaked to the public. I can't imagine finding out specific details of my child's death in a court room. Such a sad and horrible way to find out.

I posted this in another thread also, but I want to get this group's opinion or info from y'all.
-------------

- I also wonder how much blood was in his truck from Mickey. I would imagine there would be lots.

-And what do you think he cleaned it with? That must have been a pretty exhausting job especially while wounded.

-Were the pictures he took of his injuries before he went to the hospital or after?

If the pics were like it was mentioned way back that he took them of his bloodied body, wouldn't someone be able to tell if he was at his trailer when he took them by seeing what was in the background? If he did take the pics at the trailer then it would not have made sense to LE or anyone else that he got attacked in NOLA but was still bloodied up when he returned home, which I seriously doubt.

The documents also said he got rid of the clothes he was wearing (I think) before going get medical treatment. I wonder if he went to the hospital without a shirt on because how would a shirt not be cut up after getting stabbed. Unless he told them that he just happened to have another shirt in his truck to put on.

I guess all of this is really not important because all of the major details have been released, but I'm just curious.

From what I gathered, although I did not read every word, he left Mickey out there until the next day, did not take her to his house...was busy concocting alibis, tending to his wounds, etc...

Brssie, any chance that the NY pic of the marquee can be set above every thread involving BSL &/or victims, if any in future?? After yours of course??

No objection here to the suggestion, but just wanted to say: IMO, Louisiana doesn't need New York word to know that Mickey is a hero, nor does Websleuths!

wow unless he confesses or some other substantial piece of evidence is found then this really doesn't mean much at all.

Except that there were two witnesses the day that Ali was abducted.. And from BSL's patterned behavior and other info that investigators have learned. It may not be difficult, to not only charge BSL, but also locate Ali's remains..

Imo, an experienced geographical profiler could narrow down the search locations in a New York minute... and TES is just down the road...

Interesting info dating back to Ali Lowitzer's abduction/disappearance on Monday April 26, 2010, from a July 1st, 2010 article here, note the part about another girl biting him on the hand.

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2010/06/mystery-of-ali-lowitzer.html

Ali’s father says a few months ago, another neighborhood teenager was nearly abducted. In that case, a car pulled up next to a girl and a man lunged at her, grabbing her around the neck. “She bit him," John Lowitzer said, "so the man backed off and tried to get her around the waist, and she was able to get away."

As the weeks and the agony drag on, both of the Lowitzers continue to send their daughter nightly text messages, hoping somehow Ali will be able to access them, although her cell phone charger, along with nearly all her belongings, including her purse and money, were left in her bedroom.

-------------

To me it sounds like he left MS in the truck and IMO he may have wrapped her up in a tarp or blanket, if only to conceal from possible prying eyes on the way back to the cemetery.

About his clothes, he could have put on more clothes that wouldn't have had MS' DNA on them and still bled out onto those clothes. Though when she stabbed in the chest, it must have gone through the shirt, unless (shudder) he had removed it for a presumed attempt at sexual assault, but he could easily have made a slash with a knife through another shirt at the level of the chest wound.

One thing that has always kept me thinking is that the doctor/staff at Oschner's surely must have noted that the wounds didn't appear less than 2-3 hours old, but more like 12+ hours old, even if they were still bleeding, there had to be some clotting and other telltale signs, such as bruising, etc.

He may have just taken some pictures after treatment and sent them to the sister, IDK.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member