Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good point boudin. Has anyone determined which one of his hands was injured ? I tried to clue into the video of him walking into the courthouse. The best i could determine, it looked as tho it was his left index finger ? Correct me if i am wrong. So if he is driving, he would be fighting her off with his right hand, non?

I noticed his sex offender page must have been updated, because it mentioned surgery to his right hand and scars on his chest. I don't think that page mentioned that before, so I am guessing it was updated to include recent scars, injuries and surgeries. JMO. You guys may want to link it and comment about your opinions as well.

quueenie...and then there are those who are guilty of murder. One time offenders, so far removed from the caliber of a BSL...yet, on a single drug-induced day...pull a trigger...land themselves in prison for many, many years.

Their families weep...their children grow...the sadness lingers day in, day out.
Their stories are wrenching, too. And you are spot on...no one is immune.

Crimson, thank you. You are right, there are some that are guilty. My grandfather was murdered and his killer was put in prison for something else, and was never put to trial for his murder. My dad always felt like my grandfather was cheated the justice he deserved. I was only 2, so I don't remember anything.

I must say this.. IMO... BSL was smart to the problems with jurisdictional communication. Had it not been for Mighty Mick fighting him the way she did, there would not have been wounds, or reason to burn the truck. Thanks to this brave young woman, many more women may live, and the ones who didn't may get justice after all.

I have been but now it is only bits and pieces. My hat is off to him for being so observant and bringing it to LE!

in the OT thread click search then more search options. search "author" Adam4LSU and all of his posts will show. then click to jump to post in the posts that you want to read the before and after stuff. he didn't post that many times in the MS thread, so it doesn't take too long to read through them

The guy who actually committed the crime went to prison, and my family member considers it a blessing because of his wife, so that's cool. I bring it up because the person who committed this murder was a good looking, suave, manipulator... BSL's type of mind. Always the victim! Makes me sick.

I believe he drove with her in his truck after he shot her. The fact you can't don't want to believe that someone could do that, only means you are a good person. I have seen evil, and they can do things that you couldn't imagine... honest, there are some really evil people out there!

BBM

Really? Ya do? It's not that I can't or won't. Just thought he had "plans"
Guess you are right at that late hr he did drive with her body in the cab.
I just don't believe he was headed to a cane field cause she had no pulse...

The "sweet place" was his lair not a sugar cane field...
I picture him keeping her alive until well... nuff said...

I agree he is slitherin evil...

RE: “It doesn’t quite say that he killed her,” LeJeune noted.

BSL, brutally beat Lisa Pate, fracturing her skull, while holding her hostage, terrorizing her for days, suffocating her with a plastic bag while choking her, 13 years ago. Yet, refuses to accept responsibility for the 1st degree murder charge?

Folks, violent sex offenders like BS Lavergne, do not de-escalate in their deviant sadistical behavior as the following article suggests. Imo, the article is sanitized beyond comprehension.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/08/20/man-pleads-guilty-mickey-shunick-lisa-pate-murders

Lavergne affirmed that all of this information was accurate. A coroner’s report released Friday confirmed that Shunick’s cause of death was a “gunshot wound to the head, contributing factor multiple stab wounds.”

In the statement, Lavergne also agreed that it was in his best interest to plead guilty to Lisa Pate’s murder. However, the document notes that “he may be unwilling or unable to admit his participation in the acts constituting the first-degree murder of Lisa Pate.”

“It wasn’t as clean of an admission as you saw with Shunick,” LeJeune told HLN. He added that working out the language of what Lavergne would admit to regarding Pate was “the hardest part of this case.”

Pate was last seen alive in Lafayette in June 1999 and her body was discovered in September of that year. Prosecutors stated in the document that fellow inmates were prepared to testify that Lavergne told them he had beaten and killed a woman, choking her with a plastic bag over her head. Investigators believe that woman was Pate.

The statement alleges that Pate met up with Lavergne at a Lafayette hotel one night and went with him to another location. After several days together, Pate decided that she wanted to go home to see her children, but Lavergne would not let her leave. She tried to take his keys while he was sleeping, but he woke up and attacked her, beating her and choking her.

“Lisa died shortly after the attack by the defendant,” the document states.

When Pate’s body was found, there were remnants of plastic around her skull and bones on her face and skull were fractured. According to prosecutors, those facts were consistent with the story Lavergne allegedly told the other inmates.

“It doesn’t quite say that he killed her,” LeJeune noted. He said that Lavergne maintained that the state’s theory about what happened to Pate was wrong and based on the unreliable testimony of “jailhouse snitches.”

good point boudin. Has anyone determined which one of his hands was injured ? I tried to clue into the video of him walking into the courthouse. The best i could determine, it looked as tho it was his left index finger ? Correct me if i am wrong. So if he is driving, he would be fighting her off with his right hand, non?

Probably, but if he sustained injury outside of the vehicle, then his dominant hand would have been injured, as he would have been using his non-dominant hand for protection in fending off attacks, while using his dominant hand for hitting/grabbing.

One clue to his hand dominance would be in his signature. Lefties, unless they train their script, often have a left-lean to their letters. Or better yet, did anyone observe him adjusting himself? It's a nasty observation, but most men adjust with their dominant hand. (ewwwww)

I've heard mutterings of at least one finger's wounds being consistent with a bite. There would have been substantial damage if that were so. Anyone else hear that rumble?

It's all right -- I was a little stunned, that's all! LOL

I'm not too great at "multi-quoting" either. Anyone proficient at it care to give jobid and me a primer?

I figured this out!

I wouldn't say I am proficient but I finally figured it out!

To multi quote: click or tap the "+ on the bottom of the post. On the last quote you want to copy, use the quote button and add your comments.

HTH

thank you!

Hey all! I was just reading the guest book comments on Mickey's obituary, and someone has written that BSL may be tied to as many as 7 cases? I knew of Ali, but who are the 6 others?

Oh, man. I do not think folks should be discussing BSL on her obiturary's guest book. (General, not directed at you)

Totally agree. I think it's disrespectful to the family and to Mickey's memory. Her life means more than just the way it ended. From what I've read, she was a very special, strong, feisty person before this tragedy and the guestbook should be messages dedicated to her memory and not to talk about the man who took her life away.

I notice a loss of etiquette these days. people don't dress appropriately for occasions any longer. i could go on and on. the loss is obvious and everywhere - a general loss of propriety and etiquette. just a sign of the times. :sigh:

In reference to Lisa Pate: Lejeune noted, it does't quite say that he killed her,
wondering if he didn't have a partner in crime.

Oh, man. I do not think folks should be discussing BSL on her obiturary's guest book. (General, not directed at you)

I was speaking with someone in LE today, when I mentioned more victims, he said... are you talking about the girl from Alexandria!?! Is there one from Alexandria??? Maybe he was thinking Ali and was mistaken in what he heard.. not sure.

Why was Lisa's memorial service last week? :confused:

Probably because even though she has been buried, the family can finally feel she is at rest.

As far as adam4lsu is concerned, yes, he did an amazing thing. But for as nice as y'all talk about him and the other place, they aren't as nice about us. They(him included) have said some very ugly things about WS, calling us idiots and such. I wasn't going to say anything, but I keep reading all this praise that people are heaping on him.

What is said at TD does not in any way negate the action Adam took.

When you get caught up in a story about someone as horrible as BSL, you tend to forget that there are innocent people who go to prison everyday. I have a family member who was found guilty of the rape and murder of a woman. He served 10 years in Angola before they found the guilty person! It does happen, and no one is immune to being the victim of either a killer or the system.

It makes me happy that your family member was finally cleared but sad that the person was wrongfully imprisoned.

Yes, and let's not forget that initially, BSL was NOT cooperating with LE....until perhaps he realized all of the evidence obtained and the DP was clearly on the table. Suddenly he claims to have empathy, suddenly he feels the need to write a letter to the family? Hogwash!

Yup, the first thing BSL did was ask for an attorney.

No, it doesn't matter what we believe, however, I can't help but feel like BSL thinks he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. I wish I had the faith that you do. I am Christian, born and raised Carholic, but I can't think like you do right now. Maybe eventually, over time. I admire you and your ability to have faith in everyone, even the evil souls like BSL.

Because most of us are not like him, we can pity him and feel sorrow for the pain that he has suffered in his life. On the other hand we can condemn his evil choices.

Why does it make some so uncomfortable to think that maybe, just maybe this MONSTER as you say, could possible have a human emotion?!?!?!
The attorneys were under no obligation to say anything about how their client reacted. Their work was done as of last Friday. If the attorney said these things, what was his reason? Perhaps he felt it his duty.
I am just as upset over the murders of these precious souls as anyone, but honestly, I am aghast over the venom spewed over and over again. I believe this will be my third time saying these words on this forum, but Lord, there but for the grace of the Almighty God go I, or someone I love...or you, or someone you love...we need to check ourselves because the way we judge others will be the way we will be judged.

This time I don't even care if I am bashed...have at it.

I agree. Nothing Brandon does or says can erase what he has done to any of his victims. Nothing. I appreciate that he told where Mickey was even of it was only to avoid the death penalty. Her family now has her home and can properly bury her. Lisa's family has a plea of guilty in her murder- unsolved for 13 long years. I know it wasn't the same as the confession the Shunick family received but it finally closes that door for them. Brandon Lavergne will spend the rest of his life at Angola. He cannot be paroled, pardoned, or have his sentence shortened. He cannot appeal his guilty pleas of 1st Degree Murder x2. He will die at Angola, never free to hurt another woman. There is justice in that. The hopes for inmate justice or terrible things happening to him do shock me. Angola is a terrible thing. For life. He earned his place there, please don't think I am saying otherwise.

I was speaking with someone in LE today, when I mentioned more victims, he said... are you talking about the girl from Alexandria!?! Is there one from Alexandria??? Maybe he was thinking Ali and was mistaken in what he heard.. not sure.

Her full name is Alexandria, I believe.

Alexandria Joy Lowitzer "Ali"

rav ~
great question, wish we knew this. Maybe when msm requests all documents by freedom of info act, some of these articles could be available to the public in detail. I believe this original document has to be more detailed and an abbreviated was initially released for the purpose of just getting bsl behind bars. It certainly was a quick deal. Good for all families concerned. Hopefully we will learn more as other jurisdictions begin to develop leads on other missing persons. This may just be the beginning. I think we can all agree that bsl has been at it for some time, maybe years. He probably will turn out to be more prolific than we know. Jmoo

JMO: You are not going to find very much more detail in the court documents from a case in which a confession and plea deal occurred.

If it were a trial situation, likely many of the more detailed LE and forensic reports would be entered into evidence and thus would become of court record; not so here.

I do think LE/forensic records for this cases (these cases) hold much fuller detail, but they are not necessarily subject to the Freedom of Information Act (some may be). Still, it is possible that some of them may be released in the future.

BS, BS, BS.
That is all I can say in response to his "remorse." A suicide note with the location of Mickey's body, next to his dead body, maybe I would believe he was remorseful.

or just made to look like a suicide... even better...

I noticed his sex offender page must have been updated, because it mentioned surgery to his right hand and scars on his chest. I don't think that page mentioned that before, so I am guessing it was updated to include recent scars, injuries and surgeries. JMO. You guys may want to link it and comment about your opinions as well.

Not sure about the scars on chest, but I believe the surgery on right hand has been on there pretty much since we started perusing his record. We speculated the hand item might have been added at his RSO check-in in late May -- I'm not sure we were able to confirm that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member