Break in @ Tony L's Apartment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, they found white plastic garbage bags or a bag in KC's car that had TL roommate's receipts and whatnot in it.

Right! TonE or his roomate(s) wouldn't have taken out the trash by placing it in KC's trunk! KC did this. WHY? And with a debit card receipt from FusianL, dated a few months or weeks earlier. Did LE ever ask him if he remembered approx. when he was cleaning out old receipts from his wallet or room? Does he know exactally what day he threw that receipt away? This could really help LE with a time-line perhaps.
And TonE had nothing to hide with this garbage bag. We've known he id'd it a long time ago. So, what was KC's point? Maybe something else was in that bag earlier, now missing?

Right! TonE or his roomate(s) wouldn't have taken out the trash by placing it in KC's trunk! KC did this. WHY? And with a debit card receipt from FusianL, dated a few months or weeks earlier. Did LE ever ask him if he remembered approx. when he was cleaning out old receipts from his wallet or room? Does he know exactally what day he threw that receipt away? This could really help LE with a time-line perhaps.
And TonE had nothing to hide with this garbage bag. We've known he id'd it a long time ago. So, what was KC's point? Maybe something else was in that bag earlier, now missing?

She could have been looking for credit card numbers, checking account numbers, anything to make a quick buck.

Re: Bag of Tony's garbage in Casey's trunk. She could have been "snooping" through his garbage and did not want to do that at the apartment so she put it into her trunk so she could dump the garbage out someplace else and go through it.

(As in if I have accidentally thrown something away - usually a receipt - and want to look through a bag of garbage for it, I don't do that in the kitchen. I take the bag into the garage to do that, so I don't get any garbage onto the kitchen floor.)

ITA-Who knows what's in her mind...so manipulative...The bag of garbage in the back of her trunk, quickly identified/confirmed for LE by TonE and roomates has always puzzled me. A bag of trash from his apartment should have been placed in the apt. dumpster, not KC's trunk. WHY? And does it matter that one of the items contained in that trash bag was an old Debit card receipt of the roommate's from FUSIAN LOUNGE of all places....?
And "the Key". Lee found a key amongst KC's things and somehow KNEW the key didn't belong to her, that it was in fact a key of Amy's so he destroyed it to "protect" Amy? Huhhhhh?????? Did said key have a label attached to it? Otherwise, a key is a key is a ...What? Things that make you go hmmmm.

Oh my God it just hit me. Maybe she was searching their trash for voided checks, bank deposits that stated account numbers, credit card statements, or something of that nature that she could use to steal some more money? That would be one of the only conceivable reasons to have been stealing their trash.

Oh now I see that this has occurred to several others once I went back and read past where I was in the thread. Great minds think alike?

Oh my God it just hit me. Maybe she was searching their trash for voided checks, bank deposits that stated account numbers, credit card statements, or something of that nature that she could use to steal some more money? That would be one of the only conceivable reasons to have been stealing their trash.

Oh now I see that this has occurred to several others once I went back and read past where I was in the thread. Great minds think alike?

ITA! (especially about the great minds...lol) Two things always jumped out at me. One, that TonE and his roomate(s) never had any issue with readily admitting to LE that this (13 gallon size I believe) white plastic garbage bag and all it's contents (reported) came from his/their apt. And Two, that one of the items found inside was a debit card receipt from (sorry can't remember Nate or Cam or ?) and that it was (coincedently from Fusian L). Small World and all in Orlando...

PS. Love your newest "CMA" sig line!

i

i don't want to judge the boy's character over an incident w/ a garage door.
if i myself were judged in this manner and using the same standards then some of the stupid things i did when i was young would surely see me condemned to an eternity in hell, and neither do i believe that my former actions speak to my character, only my immaturity - at the time. the boy may grow into a fine man, but he is, as yet, only a boy.

Only a boy? Then Casey is only a little girl. If only people could show the same presumption of innocence toward the young defendant as toward the "witnesses". Tony's the one who broke into the shed. He changed his story to LE on that issue. (Casey is not the only one who changed stories...) He was obviously old enough that he's responsible for his own actions. Personally, I find a 21 year old man breaking into a friend's father's property very suspicious and not normal at all. I mean, instead of all the other possible courses of action, he decides to break into her father's shed? Scary. MOO

ITA. When I heard that, I wondered why in heck didn't he just say, "Aw c'mon Casey, let's just go to Target and buy a gas can. I'll pay for it AND the gas."
I don't know, that's just what I would do if a friend of mine was asking me to help them break into a shed at their parents' house.

I know.
(And there isn't any proof that it was her idea.)
I mean, most 6 year olds would know way better than to break into someone else's property, a friend's parent's property. And just for gas cans, too. It's just bizarre.
He didn't seem to have any qualms about her bringing chicken from her parent's fridge to cook for him and his roommates either (not that that is as serious as breaking into the shed obviously.)

Only a boy? Then Casey is only a little girl. If only people could show the same presumption of innocence toward the young defendant as toward the "witnesses". Tony's the one who broke into the shed. He changed his story to LE on that issue. (Casey is not the only one who changed stories...) He was obviously old enough that he's responsible for his own actions. Personally, I find a 21 year old man breaking into a friend's father's property very suspicious and not normal at all. I mean, instead of all the other possible courses of action, he decides to break into her father's shed? Scary. He didn't seem to have any qualms about her bringing chicken from her parent's fridge to cook for him and his roommates either MOO

Of course KC was telling her friends that it was about to become HER HOME and thus HER SHED. It seems unlikely that TL picked KC up and said "Hey, baby, let's go break into your parents shed!" It is REASONABLE to think that KC asked him to do that. As far as changing stories, it's true Tony changed his--but he changed it to the TRUTH. Something that would implicate him. When KC changes her story it's just more lies.
Keep in mind the LE has checked out the stories of the "witnesses" and they hold up. That is why the public sees them them as innocent. Tony allowed himself to be wired and cooperated with the police. KC's stories have proved to be lies and more lies--with a couple of lies thrown in for good measure. Can we really equate the shed incident and eating chicken with not reporting your toddler missing, stealing from friends and family and lying to police about your entire life?

Of course KC was telling her friends that it was about to become HER HOME and thus HER SHED. It seems unlikely that TL picked KC up and said "Hey, baby, let's go break into your parents shed!" It is REASONABLE to think that KC asked him to do that. As far as changing stories, it's true Tony changed his--but he changed it to the TRUTH. Something that would implicate him. When KC changes her story it's just more lies.
Keep in mind the LE has checked out the stories of the "witnesses" and they hold up. That is why the public sees them them as innocent. Tony allowed himself to be wired and cooperated with the police. KC's stories have proved to be lies and more lies--with a couple of lies thrown in for good measure. Can we really equate the shed incident and eating chicken with not reporting your toddler missing, stealing from friends and family and lying to police about your entire life?

Excellent post, Puhmi! I agree. I have sympathy for KC's friends who were taken in by her lies. I wonder what story she told TonE about the lock (lost keys, neighbourhood thefts, GA borrowing her car) to get him to go along with breaking the lock. I am sure this guy just didn't take a notion to break into the A's shed out of a clear blue sky. He wouldn't even know the gas cans were in the shed. KC would know.

If Tony was 'just having fun,' shame on him for leading Casey on. He should have been straight with her right from the start.

I don't think he was leading her on; they'd only been dating a matter of weeks at that point. Most people wouldn't assume after such a short period of time together that they have met their mate for life. Some may wish that it were so, but if wishes were horses, we'd all go for a ride, as my mother used to say. No, I think he was as forthcoming with her as he needed to be, given the circumstances. He teasingly reminded her that he had plans to return to NYC, which upset her and made her cry. he wanted companionship and ready sex and she fit the bill. If she took it to the next level, well, that's on her.

I'm also in agreement with you on this! From everything we've learned about her, stealing money from others seemed to be a #1 priority.

(Also love your sig line...my first thoughts on that subject (CMA) too.)

I don't think he was leading her on; they'd only been dating a matter of weeks at that point. Most people wouldn't assume after such a short period of time together that they have met their mate for life. Some may wish that it were so, but if wishes were horses, we'd all go for a ride, as my mother used to say. No, I think he was as forthcoming with her as he needed to be, given the circumstances. He teasingly reminded her that he had plans to return to NYC, which upset her and made her cry. he wanted companionship and ready sex and she fit the bill. If she took it to the next level, well, that's on her.

So true! They were really only together for about 3 weeks, right? He was gone for one week to NYC. :waitasec:

Only a boy? Then Casey is only a little girl. If only people could show the same presumption of innocence toward the young defendant as toward the "witnesses". Tony's the one who broke into the shed. He changed his story to LE on that issue. (Casey is not the only one who changed stories...) He was obviously old enough that he's responsible for his own actions. Personally, I find a 21 year old man breaking into a friend's father's property very suspicious and not normal at all. I mean, instead of all the other possible courses of action, he decides to break into her father's shed? Scary. MOO

TL did not use good judgment in regards to the shed break-in, but in no way does his lack of good judgment make him a suspect in this case. TL's lack of judgment pales in comparison to the crimes committed by Casey. She is a known liar and thief, and is the only one who had the motive, means, and opportunity to kill Caylee.

I view TL, AH, JG, and other friends of Casey as victims, as they were unfortunate to have gotten involved with Casey. Casey leaves a long trail of victims behind. I hope each of them will learn from this and in the future be very cautious when choosing friends.

Sure he was leading her on or, at the very least encouraging her. I'm not saying he led her to believe they were getting married or would be together for life, but he let her move in with him as his girlfriend. That implies more than, "Just gimme the free sex, it don't mean nothing." If he saw that his threats to move to NY upset her so much, then he knew she was too involved. If she was waking up at night crying and told him that it was because she was afraid he'd leave her, he saw that she was too serious. He should have backed off but he didn't because he wanted what she was giving. I can't respect that kind of behavior and would not tolerate it in my two sons.

KC was only a girl, an immature young girl with the responsibility of raising a baby. It is very hard to maintain a presumption of innocense in this case. If it were just a he said/she said circumstance, it would be alot easier. With all the evidence pointing in one direction, there is only one direction to look. KC has changed stories about EVERYTHING!! If TonE were alone on that property, and it was HIS car that needed gas, and he just took a shot at there being gas in KC's garage so he broke the lock, then I would agree thats not normal. What makes you think he was the one who made the decision to break the lock? I was locked out of my car once, a man came along to help me, he broke my window AT MY REQUEST ... was he a good samaritan or a man who was very suspicious???

I respect everyones opinion, this is just moo.

In one of the release conversations between KC and AL he expresses that he couldn't understand why she didn't tell him about Caylee. He said of all people who cared about you and Caylee. To me it shows that he was into this relationship with some emotions too. Yes, it was short time relationship but I think that his feelings are getting underestimated. He is a victime too. IMO

KC was only a girl, an immature young girl with the responsibility of raising a baby. It is very hard to maintain a presumption of innocense in this case. If it were just a he said/she said circumstance, it would be alot easier. With all the evidence pointing in one direction, there is only one direction to look. KC has changed stories about EVERYTHING!! If TonE were alone on that property, and it was HIS car that needed gas, and he just took a shot at there being gas in KC's garage so he broke the lock, then I would agree thats not normal. What makes you think he was the one who made the decision to break the lock? I was locked out of my car once, a man came along to help me, he broke my window AT MY REQUEST ... was he a good samaritan or a man who was very suspicious???

I respect everyones opinion, this is just moo.

If a man helped you by breaking YOUR window at YOUR request, he was a good Samaritan. If he'd broken someone one else's window at your request, you both would be partners in crime.

If a man helped you by breaking YOUR window at YOUR request, he was a good Samaritan. If he'd broken someone one else's window at your request, you both would be partners in crime.

Technically, it was my husbands car, not even registered to me ... so I am a criminal? BTW, hubby was just glad someone helped me . If it were my daughter who had her bf break the lock on my shed, I would see it the same, as someone that helped her.

So, TonE broke the lock, but who had the gas cans? Who used the gas that was in them? Why didn't KC have him drive her to target to buy her own cans & gas rather than go right to her house to get it?

Getting back on topic, was there anything missing from TonE's apt? What was the exact date of the breakin?

For the record, I am more appalled at all the pot smoking / drug dealing that went on between TonE & Roommates. If KC had any sense, (she was responsible for herself & a small toddler, at least in the beginning) SHE should have shown better judgement. She knew they were not the right crowd for a young single mother to be running with, or she would have gladly introduced TonE to her parents. Instead she made up a nice Widower with a young boy that her & Caylee were to become a family with. Just by her telling that lie to her parents makes me believe that she knew this was temporary, and she was using TonE as much as he used her. She made quite a few of her own BOOTY calls (it's all in the texts, she couldn't even have a conversation with anyone without it having sexual overtones) So they were friends with benefits.

I also would not accept this behavior from my sons. However, everyone makes mistakes.

jmho

Absolutely! There is no doubt in my mind KC asked him to "break-in" the shed. I know some may think that TL could've just bought her a gas can and filled it with gas BUT why do that if KC said that there was gas in the shed at her house? Then when they get there she then tells him that the shed is locked (like she didn't know). I wouldn't doubt that KC suggested breaking the lock and tried to do the deed by herself first and could not get it open and then that's where TL steps in to save the day. I think had he known beforehand that he was going to have to break the lock, he would have not wanted to take part in it. JMO

TL did not use good judgment in regards to the shed break-in, but in no way does his lack of good judgment make him a suspect in this case. TL's lack of judgment pales in comparison to the crimes committed by Casey. She is a known liar and thief, and is the only one who had the motive, means, and opportunity to kill Caylee.

I view TL, AH, JG, and other friends of Casey as victims, as they were unfortunate to have gotten involved with Casey. Casey leaves a long trail of victims behind. I hope each of them will learn from this and in the future be very cautious when choosing friends.

But Casey isn't the only one at all who had the means or opportunity to kill Caylee, or who had access to her car, or who spent time at her family home. It has also not been proven whatsoever that she had any motive to kill Caylee. All the witnesses, both old and new friends, stated that KC loved Caylee, had a completely normal loving attachment to Caylee, and would never harm Caylee.

I don't understand the need for the constant whitewashing of TL and other witnesses (I mean by many people, not necessarily you!! :)), nor is there a need to claim that KC "lured them in" and all this nonsense that you hear. She was the same age as TL and most of the other witnesses, younger than some. They are all, KC and all of them, responsible for their own actions. Whoever murdered Caylee is responsible for that, obviously. :( It has not yet been proved who the perpetrator was, where Caylee was killed, how she was killed, who placed her deceased body or items that had been in contact with it in the Pontiac trunk, or who was involved in the disposal of the body. Maybe this will be proved at trial, maybe not.

Casey is definitely responsible for the failure to report, unless she believed at the time (however wrongly) that Caylee was with a trustworthy person who would not harm her. (She is also responsible for the theft of $700 or however much from her friend.) Casey could have committed the murder, or she could have helped cover it up for a boyfriend or someone else, or neither. All of these young people could be in the dark and not know who hurt Caylee. This is what the investigation was for, and what the trial will hopefully prove.

Points that some people often fail to take into consideration are that Casey A has no prior criminal record, she had no history whatsoever of abuse or neglect of Caylee, all the witnesses stated that she would never harm Caylee, and Casey was not the only person with access to Caylee, the car, the A home, etc. The whole "Casey never wanted Caylee" theory began when the media took a statement by KioMTC and quoted it very, very loosely. There is actually no witness who says that Casey did not want Caylee, just the opposite.

The truth will serve Caylee best. Let's hope it is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back