Breaking News 8/28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KUSA - John Mark Karr was released from custody Monday afternoon after 9NEWS confirmed from two sources that his DNA did not match the samples taken from the crime scene in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

The Boulder County Sheriff's office says he was transported from the Boulder County Jail to the Justice Center by deputies. However, when authorities were told no charges would be filed, he was released.

Authorities in Sonoma County, Calif. did not request that the Boulder County Sheriff's office hold Karr on their outstanding misdemanor warrants of child *advertiser censored* charges.

9NEWS confirmed earlier from different sources that no charges will be filed against Karr in connection with the Ramsey case by the Boulder County District Attorney's office.

The Boulder County public defender, Seth Temin, announced Monday afternoon that Karr will not appear in court at 4:30 p.m. for an advisement hearing as originally scheduled.
http://www.kusa.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=5647dd32-0abe-421a-01cb-49517318e6a4&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Breaking news on msnbc - He remains in custody pending extradition to California.

:eek:

panthera said:
So now I wonder what will happen with him? Wouldn't all of his possessions have been left in Thailand, or would he have been able to have them sent to his family?

:(

He should sue.

Apparently he had been released, and was being transported somewhere in a patrol car. Then the teletype came in from California, so LE is bringing him back to the jail. He will be held in Boulder until California authorities arrive to transport him. However he does have the right to an extradition hearing. So maybe we haven't seen the last of his Colorado public defender!!
;)

Pedro said:
He should sue.
I posted that which you responded to, but retracted it with the breaking news about California.
:cool:

panthera said:
Breaking news on msnbc - He remains in custody pending extradition to California.

:eek:
KUSA is now saying that he is still in custody:

The Boulder County Sheriff's office initially said Karr was then released from custody, but they later said he is still in custody pending charges of child *advertiser censored* in Sonoma County, Calif.
http://www.kusa.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=5647dd32-0abe-421a-01cb-49517318e6a4&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

panthera said:
I posted that which you responded to, but retracted it with the breaking news about California.

Think if it: a man paraded in front of the TV cameras in the presence of USA law enforcement officials, smells 1983 Civil Rights case to me...

Pedro said:
Think if it: a man paraded in front of the TV cameras in the presence of USA law enforcement officials, smells 1983 Civil Rights case to me...
Now I'm wondering if this is a ploy by the Boulder DA to "buy time" or if he is completely cleared of the charges of murdering JonBenet?
:confused:

**Those interested in CA vs. Dyleski** Verdict to be announced at 4:15pm PT today on nbc11.com.

Oh Thanks Panthera. I'll head over to that forum, I'm sure CTV won't be covering it.

Sniff, Sniff?? Does this mean that Jamie Harmon, and Patience Van Zandt have a chance of re-entering the Karr picture. His case is not nearly as attractive now; he's back to a lousy 2 on the pedophile scale of 0 to 10. CA will make short work of his case, and sentence. No, ifs, ands, buts, or maybes; it's a done deal. JMK will serve time in CA and be off of the streets for awhile. He can work on his JBR book; he'll have plenty of time, if he can get away from Bubba on occasion..

Thanks Pantera,

Hope that is good news for Lady Justice today!

I was thinking, when Karr got into the patrol car, I bet he turned to the officer and said, can you swing by the Ramsey house please! :eek: LOL

Scandi

Why on earth is CNN not there filming him walking free? The media has followed every second of this case. Now they are acting like it's not worthy of being covered!

panthera said:
Now I'm wondering if this is a ploy by the Boulder DA to "buy time" or if he is completely cleared of the charges of murdering JonBenet?
:confused:

I would think 10 years is time enough to show complete ineptitude and disregard for the tax payers money.

Apparently it ain't!

Now, I don't want to set another record, so if I am bad, please let me know!

Prosecutors drop case in JonBenet slaying

BOULDER, Colo. - Prosecutors abruptly dropped their case Monday against John Mark Karr in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, saying DNA tests failed to put him at the crime scene despite his insistence he strangled the 6-year-old beauty queen.

Just a week and a half after Karr's arrest in Thailand was seen as a remarkable break in the sensational, decade-old case, prosecutors suggested in court papers that he was just a man with a twisted fascination with JonBenet who confessed to a crime he didn't commit.

"Because his DNA does not match that found in the victim's blood in her underwear, the people would not be able to establish that Mr. Karr committed this crime despite his repeated insistence that he did," District Attorney Mary Lacy said in court papers.

The 41-year-old schoolteacher will be kept in jail in Boulder until he can be sent to Sonoma County, Calif., to face child *advertiser censored* charges dating to 2001, authorities said. Earlier in the day, the sheriff's department announced Karr had been released.

Lacy said Karr emerged as a suspect in April after he spent several years exchanging e-mails and later telephone calls with a Colorado professor in which he admitted responsibility for the slaying.

According to court papers, Karr told the professor he accidentally killed JonBenet during sex and that he tasted her blood after he injured her vaginally. But officials at the Denver crime lab conducted DNA tests last Friday on a cheek swab taken from Karr and failed to connect him to the crime.

"This information is critical because ... if Mr. Karr's account of his sexual involvement with the victim were accurate, it would have been highly likely that his saliva would have been mixed with the blood in the underwear," Lacy said in court papers.

She also said authorities found no evidence Karr was in Boulder at the time of the slaying. In addition, she said Karr's family provided "strong circumstantial support" for their belief that he was with them in Georgia, celebrating the Christmas holidays, as the time of the crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060828/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey

Buzzm1 said:
Prosecutors drop case in JonBenet slaying

BOULDER, Colo. - Prosecutors abruptly dropped their case Monday against John Mark Karr in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, saying DNA tests failed to put him at the crime scene despite his insistence he strangled the 6-year-old beauty queen.

Just a week and a half after Karr's arrest in Thailand was seen as a remarkable break in the sensational, decade-old case, prosecutors suggested in court papers that he was just a man with a twisted fascination with JonBenet who confessed to a crime he didn't commit.

"Because his DNA does not match that found in the victim's blood in her underwear, the people would not be able to establish that Mr. Karr committed this crime despite his repeated insistence that he did," District Attorney Mary Lacy said in court papers.

The 41-year-old schoolteacher will be kept in jail in Boulder until he can be sent to Sonoma County, Calif., to face child *advertiser censored* charges dating to 2001, authorities said. Earlier in the day, the sheriff's department announced Karr had been released.

Lacy said Karr emerged as a suspect in April after he spent several years exchanging e-mails and later telephone calls with a Colorado professor in which he admitted responsibility for the slaying.

According to court papers, Karr told the professor he accidentally killed JonBenet during sex and that he tasted her blood after he injured her vaginally. But officials at the Denver crime lab conducted DNA tests last Friday on a cheek swab taken from Karr and failed to connect him to the crime.

"This information is critical because ... if Mr. Karr's account of his sexual involvement with the victim were accurate, it would have been highly likely that his saliva would have been mixed with the blood in the underwear," Lacy said in court papers.

She also said authorities found no evidence Karr was in Boulder at the time of the slaying. In addition, she said Karr's family provided "strong circumstantial support" for their belief that he was with them in Georgia, celebrating the Christmas holidays, as the time of the crime.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060828/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey

It appears Karr said he had targeted a girl in Thailand. Hence, his arrest.

One things for sure, Karr needs a ton of help. I am happy for his family though.

aspidistra said:
Why on earth is CNN not there filming him walking free? The media has followed every second of this case. Now they are acting like it's not worthy of being covered!

If he never met JBR, its not worthy of being covered. Why feed into his sick fantasies anymore than they already have? This whole thing makes me want to puke :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky
Back