Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsMush99 said:
could it be that Karr really did this?
Naw, it will take something other than JMK/Tracey manufactured corroboration before I am convinced that JMK did it.

I want JMK's handwriting in Fall, 1996 compared to the ransom note.

I want the picture of the young boy, and a bear, put under the microscope, to see if it has been morphed.

I want evidence of JMK being in CO on Dec. 25th/26th, 1996.

MrsMush99 said:
could it be that Karr really did this?

I've thought since the 2nd day after his arrest that it was 50/50, either way. His story is too nutty to believe, yet he is weird enough that I have to believe it to a certain extent. The guy is scary.

either she has something or she's kissing her career good-bye. i want to believe they have something, as far fetched as it sounds and as implausible as it seems.

the family has yet to come up with a photo

i heard the airline schedule from 1996 and he would have had to leave christmas morning by 9:00 to get to the house by 5:00 and hide - it all seems so impossible.

the case has been so blundered by all, i just want to hope SHE has something.

Buzzm1 said:
Naw, it will take something other than JMK/Tracey manufactured corroboration before I am convinced that JMK did it.
What do you think about the PD wanting suppress all previous DNA samples??? Does this mean something?

i think it does mean something. however, it there was a match and its suppressed. you can believe the DA will get another one ASAP.

kelly london said:
either she has something or she's kissing her career good-bye. i want to believe they have something, as far fetched as it sounds and as implausible as it seems.

the family has yet to come up with a photo

i heard the airline schedule from 1996 and he would have had to leave christmas morning by 9:00 to get to the house by 5:00 and hide - it all seems so impossible.

the case has been so blundered by all, i just want to hope SHE has something.

I saw Karr's 1st wife talking about how controlling he was with her. He never let her take a shower alone.

I have no reason to believe he was any more lenient with his 2nd wife, so if he wanted to do something, Christmas or not, I bet he did it whether she liked it or not.

His family said it would be a scandal if he wasn't with the kids on Christmas, but they aren't all that convincing to me. If he wanted to board a plane at 9am on 12/25/96, he boarded a plane IMO.

Temin did not say why he took the unusual step of asking the court to seal Karr's handwritten request to be represented by a publicly funded lawyer. Some commentators have suggested that Karr's handwriting in a high school yearbook resembles the writing on a ransom note found in the Ramsey home a few hours before JonBenet was found strangled and with a skull fracture in her family's mansion on Dec. 26, 1996.

Karr is being held by himself in an 8-by-10-foot cell, though he could have contact with another inmate through a "sub-dayroom," sheriff's Cmdr. Bruce Haas said.

The former teacher, who dined on prawns and wine on his flight from Thailand, faced a more prosaic menu behind bars: beef stew with buttered noodles for dinner, Spanish rice and chili dogs for lunch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/25/AR2006082501164.html

Someone in LE had to so some electronic footwork from his emails, to find him in Thailand. Anyone remember how long he had been in Thailand?

Believe that it's been stated by Thailand it's been on and off for 2 years, but one never knows if one can believe what's been reported out of Thailand. In any case, even if one uses a remailer, it is not difficult to pin point the location where an email was generated if sent in this fashion - especially since the email address is based with Yahoo. (BTW, a technician with less than 4 years of experience could manage that easily, even without Yahoo's help, so it's not rocket science.) The general location and his name, according again to reports from Thailand, is what was provided to Thailand's immigration officials.

I suppose this is unofficial since the LE official spoke under anonymity:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jonbenet_ramsey

Karr, 41, was given a mouth-swab DNA test while he was in Thailand, a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation has told The Associated Press. The results of that test were not known.

Temin suggested Karr will not provide DNA samples without a court order. After meeting with Karr, he said he did not know whether authorities had actually obtained any DNA samples.

If the family had written him off and given him up for dead, as it's been reported, when was the last time he was with his kids ....at Xmas especially?

We're given the idea that he was very close to the kids and never spent a Xmas away from them, so when did that stop?

Buzzm1 said:

I want JMK's handwriting in Fall, 1996 compared to the ransom note.

I want the picture of the young boy, and a bear, put under the microscope, to see if it has been morphed.

I want evidence of JMK being in CO on Dec. 25th/26th, 1996.
Oh Buzz,,you are such a stickler for details.

"Despite what may have been disclosed to the public over the many years since the crime, most of the evidence in the affidavit has not been disclosed, nor has the media developed it independently," Assistant District Attorney William Nagel wrote in a court filing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jonbenet_ramsey

There has been so much posted on the Ramsey case on the many websites, and in the chat rooms. The D.A. had better be doubly sure that what they consider unreleased information about the crime scene, is indeed unreleased, and hasn't been speculated on, anywhere on the internet, or shared by anyone associated with this case.

I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Thailand as being anywhere near the truth. Considering their "reporting" and "sources" have had to backpedal on some major issues.

Seth Temin is doing the right thing. Any DNA sample should have a clear chain of custody. Not something sent to Tracey who sends it on to Mary Lacy who gives it to someone else and not once contacts the CBI.

Buzz, have you heard that the judge, Roxanne Bailin, is the same judge that presided over the Grand Jury in this case? I saw it reported last night and if true, does that give you pause as it does me?

Jovin said:
If the family had written him off and given him up for dead, as it's been reported, when was the last time he was with his kids ....at Xmas especially?

We're given the idea that he was very close to the kids and never spent a Xmas away from them, so when did that stop?
The child *advertiser censored* charges and divorce from Lara were in 2001; JK served 6 months in jail, then disappeared overseas. I assume Xmas 2000 was the last Xmas with his family.

lighthouselover said:
I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Thailand as being anywhere near the truth. Considering their "reporting" and "sources" have had to backpedal on some major issues.

Seth Temin is doing the right thing. Any DNA sample should have a clear chain of custody. Not something sent to Tracey who sends it on to Mary Lacy who gives it to someone else and not once contacts the CBI.

Buzz, have you heard that the judge, Roxanne Bailin, is the same judge that presided over the Grand Jury in this case? I saw it reported last night and if true, does that give you pause as it does me?
I like the fact that the same judge will preside. She'll make certain that everything is on the up and up, and won't allow conviction of an innocent man.

southerngirl said:
The child *advertiser censored* charges and divorce from Lara were in 2001; JK served 6 months in jail, then disappeared overseas. I assume Xmas 2000 was the last Xmas with his family.
True. Lara filed for divorce two days after the child *advertiser censored* charges were filed against JMK, and she had a restraining order against him as of November, 2001. I believe the final divorce decree was filed in November, 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13