Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wenchie said:
It doesn't seem right that a video of the Karr kids should be out there like that.

They didn't ask for this.
okay I can't even watch it all..you're right. I wonder who sold him out. That is bad.

wenchie said:
It doesn't seem right that a video of the Karr kids should be out there like that.

Court tv blocked out their faces in the video.

JBean said:
I haven't seen it yet Wenchie..so a family member had to have sold him out? or would it just be good friends?

i'd say a family member...maybe the ex wife??..she's suppose to be digging out videos/photographs, right?

& i agree w/wenchie...it just doesn't seem 'right' to show this video with the kids..seems they could have cut them out of the tape...

JBean said:
okay I can't even watch it all..you're right. I wonder who sold him out. That is bad.
It's truly amazing someone found this video, but can't find the Christmas pictures!! Maybe they don't exist?
:rolleyes:

panthera said:
It's truly amazing someone uncovered this video, but can't find the Christmas pictures!!
This whole thing is really getting weirder by the minute.

wenchie said:

I agree. I am sure their mother must be very upset about it. The impression I got was that the video was taken by a friend/relative, who has now sold out Karr's ex and kids by handing over the home video.

I watched the video too, and I cannot see anything in JMK back then that seemed different or wierd. He seemed like a typical dad with his kids, imo. What could have gone wrong in the years since that video? Makes me think he is just mentally ill, and this media storm surrounding him makes him all the more pathetic.

sandraladeda said:
I agree. I am sure their mother must be very upset about it. The impression I got was that the video was taken by a friend/relative, who has now sold out Karr's ex and kids by handing over the home video.

I watched the video too, and I cannot see anything in JMK back then that seemed different or wierd. He seemed like a typical dad with his kids, imo. What could have gone wrong in the years since that video? Makes me think he is just mentally ill, and this media storm surrounding him makes him all the more pathetic.
I don't know, in the video he seemed very feminine in the way he was avoiding the camera. I thought for a moment he was channeling my mother the way she used to hold things up in front of her face. Do you know many guys who get silly over having their pictures taken?

As for everything else in the video, nah not too much out of the ordinary. Kinda sad to see that they might have been a nice little family for a while.

Meanwhile, back in Boulder:

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/sheriff/karr.htm more at link

Date: 08/21/06

Ref: John Karr Extradition and Jail Issues

We have received numerous requests for “file photos” of the interior of the county jail. Arrangements were made today with NBC, (Denver, Vicky Collins, 303-881-0621), and Paul Aiken of the Boulder Daily Camera (aikenp@dailycamera.com, 303-473-1365), to provide access for generic video and still photos of the interior portions of the jail. They will provide “pool” photos, (NBC for television and Daily Camera for print media). One condition of distribution and display of these photos is that the media not display the faces of inmates.

http://www.co.boulder.co.us/sheriff/ramsey1.htm more at link
All Media Outlets

Date: 08/16/06

Ref: Ramsey Case Developments

The phone lines at the sheriff’s office and our communications center have been overwhelmed today with media inquiries concerning recent developments in the Ramsey case. The sheriff’s office does not have any information concerning this case that we can share.

The sheriff’s office is not playing an investigative role in this case, has no records or reports concerning the recent events, and has no official comment or information to share concerning the case.

JBean said:
This whole thing is really getting weirder by the minute.
The more pictures I see of JMK (now with that video) and in Thailand, and on the airplane yesterday, I'm just not making a connection between him and the murder of JonBenet. Even his own statement last week in Thailand wasn't really a "confession" in the usual sense. From what I heard on CNN yesterday, apparently he'd been living there in Bangkok for two years, and had just gotten a new job. Yes, teaching school ~ but has anyone ever filed any molestation charges against him, or was he just fired for either being too strict or an incompetent teacher? I'm afraid the DA in Boulder may have "rushed" into this and now may be stuck. Anyone know what happens to him if she doesn't have her case ready now? How long can he be held in Colorado? Is she going to use a grand jury to get an indictment?

panthera said:
It's truly amazing someone found this video, but can't find the Christmas pictures!! Maybe they don't exist?
Or...the media hasn't got their hands on them. The ex Mrs. Karr has an attorney. Hopefully, if he has any info for Boulder DA, he has turned that over without any media hoopla.

panthera said:
The more pictures I see of JMK (now with that video) and in Thailand, and on the airplane yesterday, I'm just not making a connection between him and the murder of JonBenet. Even his own statement last week in Thailand wasn't really a "confession" in the usual sense. From what I heard on CNN yesterday, apparently he'd been living there in Bangkok for two years, and had just gotten a new job. Yes, teaching school ~ but has anyone ever filed any molestation charges against him, or was he just fired for either being too strict or an incompetent teacher? I'm afraid the DA in Boulder may have "rushed" into this and now may be stuck. Anyone know what happens to him if she doesn't have her case ready now? How long can he be held in Colorado? Is she going to use a grand jury to get an indictment?

i heard one correspondent in Bangkok, call him "an undesirable"....

panthera said:

What is truly amazing about it? A friend or family member found an old video they could make money from.

The ex-wife is either still looking, has given up looking, or has found photos and turned them over.

I won't find it unusual if she doesn't come up with any. A lot of people don't take photos every holiday.

On the other hand, as a mother of three living a just-scraping-by existence, I certainly think she would have remembered if her husband hadn't been there on one particular Christmas.

She said he was there. He has an alibi, and the Boulder DA must be having a migraine right now.

panthera said:
If CO can't justify filing charges against JMK, I see a quick trip to CA in his near future. CA can easily justify jailing him long enough for CO to continue their investigation into his whereabouts in late December, 1996. The DNA results should be back soon, although I think they are really a long shot in this case, and John Mark Karr is also a long shot. A really weird guy, but a long shot, nonetheless.

Buzzm1 said:
If CO can't justify filing charges against JMK, I see a quick trip to CA in his near future. CA can easily justify jailing him long enough for CO to continue their investigation into his whereabouts in late December, 1996. The DNA results should be back soon, although I think they are really a long shot in this case, and John Mark Karr is also a long shot. A really weird guy, but a long shot, nonetheless.
True enough Buzz. I wonder how long they have to file charges in CO? I think here it is a year or 2.

Buzzm1 said:
Buzz this post of yours actually makes a whole lot of sense in this case.

I have been wondering what happens after he iis charged in CO and there is an arraingment on the charges. The guy seems awfully intent on pleading guilty in this case. If he were to be arraigned and wanted to plead guilty then CO is stuck. No proof of guilt would be necessary. In that sense we could actually have a guy not guilty pleading guilty for what ever his strange motives are.

John and Ken on KFI said that Karr is sitting in the OJ room. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18