Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzm1 said:
Naw, it will take something other than JMK/Tracey manufactured corroboration before I am convinced that JMK did it.

I want JMK's handwriting in Fall, 1996 compared to the ransom note.

I want the picture of the young boy, and a bear, put under the microscope, to see if it has been morphed.

I want evidence of JMK being in CO on Dec. 25th/26th, 1996.

Correct Buzz. Samples of Karr's handwriting in 1996 will be highly sought BY BOTH SIDES. Again, remember that if 1996 handwriting samples of Karr are as compelling as his 1982 year-book, that alone will serve to place him in Boulder and corroborate his confession.

The D.A.'s office removed Karr from California far ahead of the ten days provided for by law . It appears to me that Mary Lacy has a timed evidentiary plan going on in her mind.

Interestingly, on August 23rd, the D.A.'s office said the public interest would be served by keeping secret the affidavit for the arrest warrant for "at least a 15 days".

http://www.courts.state.co.us/docs/daresponse.pdf

Further, the D.A.s office said: "We realize that witnesses may have already been exposed to much information about Mr. Karr, some accurate and some not, that has been discovered and published by the media. But we do not think it appropriate at this stage for the information from our investigatory efforts that is in the affidavit to be added to what is being published already."

Given that statement and given the high degree of skepticism expressed about Karr being the murderer, if the alleged incriminating information in the affidavit were to, in fact, have been in the public domain, Mary Lacy would likely voted out of office.

I consider two historical aspects to strongly favor the information in the affidavit being true. First, Mary Lacy has been long been a major part of this high-profile case; she is anything but a Johnny-come-lately to the case. Second, before approving Karr's arrest warrant, the Judge would have almost certainly asked the D.A's team if they had performed a thorough research of case information that exists in the public domain, for nobody in Boulder wants to join the BPD as an object of national ridicule or lose their job as happened to many prior members of the BPD.

Peter Hamilton said:
englshleigh,you're right--it doesn't exonerate him--we need more proof!

It wont take more than his ex wife swearing in court that she was with her and the rest of the family to create enough doubt to make conviction unlikely. That is IF he is ever charged, let alone taken to trial.

I could see where Mr Pride could remember someone like this as he was so suspicious.

I've told this story here before, but in 1997 I was waiting downtown at the bus stop when there were several buses in line. As this one bus passed slowly by me, my eyes caught those of a man looking at me through the window of the bus, and as it moved, he kept his eyes focused on me to where he turned his body to the left to keep me in sight.

I must have had a look of horror on my face, as he had a leer in his eye that was positively wild. Jack Nickelson with wide crazy eyes and hair looking like he had been zapped by electicity, only a bit older is very much what he looked like. He looked like a street guy who had definately been through hard times. I remember looking at him and thinking as he stared back at me, that this was a killerand had killed many times before. I instinctively felt he was very dangerous and a predator. Fearing he might get off the bus, I got up and walked the other way and ducked into a store.

If the police came to me today, almost 10 years later, I would be able to even draw a picture of him he was so indelible in my mind.

I had another experience about a year later where I was alone at a bus stop with a good looking young blonde guy who was sitting on a bench inside the stop. I was standing with my back to him, and suddenly heard these moans and groans. When I slightly turned to look at him he was standing and then ejaculated all over the sidewalk. Just then the bus came and the guy took off walking. I told the bus driver and should have called the police but didn't.

About 2 months ago while watching the local nitely news, lo and behold here pops up a picture of that very guy. They had picked him up in
Beaverton for rape. To this day I am sure I could draw his face.

10 years might seem like a lot of time, but if a distinct impression is made, it will stay right there in the brain. At least with me this has been true twice.

Scandi

Texana said:
I agree. Just like the OJ trial. Everyone got rich except for Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman, who couldn't, because they were, of course, dead.
Isnt it discusting that word has it death certificates of Ron G. and Nicolle S. are being sold for profit. I mean how low can we go ? Nothing like rubbing salt into an open wound but this one beats all I have ever heard.It makes me want to throw up.....

aspidistra said:
I quoted just about all she said... that it was VERY possible because they did NOT keep track of everyone who came to their parties.
A lesson to be learned here..comes with 'open house' parties and the danger of strangers learning the floor plans and if there are children living in the home.An invitation to trouble imo..privacy seems a comfort to me where there are children involved.

In Oregon anyone can walk into the County Assesors office and pay for a diagram of any structure. With houses it usually only includes the first floor. I got these regularly in both Washington and Oregon when I sold real estate. Just plop a few bucks down and you're good to go.

Scandi

narlacat said:
You'd think so wouldn't you Lamer.

Patsy also decorated with pineapple wallpaper in the Atlanta house (after JBR's death)
Try and fathom that one!

I didn't kno that :eek:

Narlacat, it could have been overkill in trying to prove total un-involment! Pineapple should've left her with 'nightmares'!!!!!

Imagine Patsy talking:

Ohhhhh Pineapple, JonBenet loved pineapple--- and we always want to remember her for loving pineapple! ;) La la la la LA!

Patsy loved her 'stuff' too. I was reading the other day, about when she had Pam go back to the house on the eve of the 26th. She had to get some personal items for P and J, but also---- It was important at that very time, for her to have Pam retrieve her momentos from the curio cabinet in her bedroom! Pleasssssse, had I or most others been in the position she was in, the 'stuff' in a curio cabinet would've been the last thing I would be thinking about at that moment in time. :banghead:

MSNBC is having a special on right now (1pm pst) on the case and all the latest.

How many times do we have to see Smit repeating the same old lame lines that sound so good but are so false!!! It just makes me sick.

Why don't they put Steve Thomas on saying what HE found instead of LS ringing his own bell?

This report is so biased I can barely stand to watch it, however I will continue to watch on the outside chance that they'll include a small bit of truth or something new.

Wudge said:
Correct Buzz. Samples of Karr's handwriting in 1996 will be highly sought BY BOTH SIDES. Again, remember that if 1996 handwriting samples of Karr are as compelling as his 1982 year-book, that alone will serve to place him in Boulder and corroborate his confession.

The D.A.'s office removed Karr from California far ahead of the ten days provided for by law . It appears to me that Mary Lacy has a timed evidentiary plan going on in her mind.

Interestingly, on August 23rd, the D.A.'s office said the public interest would be served by keeping secret the affidavit for the arrest warrant for "at least a 15 days".

http://www.courts.state.co.us/docs/daresponse.pdf

Further, the D.A.s office said: "We realize that witnesses may have already been exposed to much information about Mr. Karr, some accurate and some not, that has been discovered and published by the media. But we do not think it appropriate at this stage for the information from our investigatory efforts that is in the affidavit to be added to what is being published already."

Given that statement and given the high degree of skepticism expressed about Karr being the murderer, if the alleged incriminating information in the affidavit were to, in fact, have been in the public domain, Mary Lacy would likely voted out of office.

I consider two historical aspects to strongly favor the information in the affidavit being true. First, Mary Lacy has been long been a major part of this high-profile case; she is anything but a Johnny-come-lately to the case. Second, before approving Karr's arrest warrant, the Judge would have almost certainly asked the D.A's team if they had performed a thorough research of case information that exists in the public domain, for nobody in Boulder wants to join the BPD as an object of national ridicule or lose their job as happened to many prior members of the BPD.
Wudge, sans a DNA match, I think there will have to be evidence that Karr was actually in Denver during Dec. 25th/26th, 1996, in order for him to be convicted. With Tracey having a close relationship with one of the investigating officers, that leaves at least a possiibility that unreleased information, on the case, was leaked by that officer to Tracey. This case is extremely interesting because of all of the possiibilities it contains. It remains to be seen if D.A. Mary Lacy actually has all of her ducks in a row on this one.

chiquita2 said:
The letter was written by his wife Lara to someone in the family. It shows that lara and the kids were there but there is no proof John was with them. His name wasn't mentioned.

Hi chiquita

If Karr was in Boulder.....maybe he drugged wife #2 like wife #1 claims he did to her. She(#1) said she would lay down and wake up 2 days later.....

"It wont take more than his ex wife swearing in court that she was with her and the rest of the family to create enough doubt to make conviction unlikely."

Yep, the "Burden of Proof" is on the state of Colorado. Karr doesn't have to prove he wasn't there. The state DOES have to prove he was.

And that Karr's family and the town give him an alibi is compelling.

I don't know if that will keep him from being convicted. Only 10 markers or not, although the DNA evidence might not be able to prove to a certainty that he is the murderer (even to the point that Maury proves "You ARE the father"), if those markers are rare and Karr's DNA matches all of them, that would be more persuasive, I would think, to a jury, than the alibi.

JDB said:
Oh boy here we go again!!! :banghead: :banghead: How many people supposedly saw Laci
Yes, isn't it strange this guy remembers something ~ NOW.
:liar:

TexMex said:
If Karr was in Boulder.....maybe he drugged wife #2 like wife #1 claims he did to her. She(#1) said she would lay down and wake up 2 days later.....
With three small children? They'd have to be drugged also!
:)

panthera said:
Yes, isn't it strange this guy remembers something ~ NOW.
:liar:
I think he said that he did report it when he first heard JonBenet went missing.

ETA: I'm sorry not missing, murdered.

TexMex, as crazy as this case is, you never know! It gets weirder by the moment. I am one that really has no idea who killed JonBenet and just pray that perhaps this guy is the one and that they have good proof he did it. I would like to see justice for JB no matter who it is that did this horrible crime. We all just need alot of patience of which I have none!

TexMex said:
Hi chiquita

Buzzm1 said:
Wudge, sans a DNA match, I think there will have to be evidence that Karr was actually in Denver during Dec. 25th/26th, 1996, in order for him to be convicted. With Tracey having a close relationship with one of the investigating officers, that leaves at least a possiibility that unreleased information, on the case, was leaked by that officer to Tracey. This case is extremely interesting because of all of the possiibilities it contains. It remains to be seen if D.A. Mary Lacy actually has all of her ducks in a row on this one.
I'm in agreement with you. There are too many facts about the case that have been in the media for years. Anyone who is "obsessed" with JonBenet could've done a lot of research to insert themselves into the case. I want the DNA evidence also.
:D
(TW: -7, through 16)

panthera said:
I'm in agreement with you. There are too many facts about the case that have been in the media for years. Anyone who is "obsessed" with JonBenet could've done a lot of research to insert themselves into the case. I want the DNA evidence also.
:D
(TW: -7, through 16)

Hi panthera...

I agree. Even if Karr IS the killer he seems to have, over the years, embellished the story with facts he's learned since the crime....it's all jumbled up together and will be hard to sort out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice