Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DENVER -- There was a report Saturday that someone resembling the suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey killing was seen in Boulder, Colo., on the day her body was found.

The Rocky Mountain News said a witness reports seeing someone who looked like Karr in a Boulder bus station in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 1996.

The paper said Daniel Pride, who now lives in New Hampshire, noticed a man wearing a fleece vest with a "shiny red spot" that appeared to be a stain

http://www.kcci.com/news/9742847/detail.html

I didn't know if this got posted sooooo here it is......

julianne said:
MrsMush, you're right. Everyone is questioning how he would remember this 10 years later, but in reading the link, it clearly says that he reported this to LE after hearing about JonBenet being murdered. So, not only would a really creepy guy stand out to ME 10 years later, but certainly if I had called him in as a possible tip in a huge murder investigation, I would CERTAINLY remember him that much more.
If he reported it back in 1996, it would be interesting to know what description he gave of the person - age, weight, height, clothing, scars, facial hair, hair color & length, etc. I am suspicious of someone saying they recognized someone as being JMK based on his appearance today when we all know his appearance has changed dramatically.

lighthouselover said:
If he reported it back in 1996, it would be interesting to know what description he gave of the person - age, weight, height, clothing, scars, facial hair, hair color & length, etc. I am suspicious of someone saying they recognized someone as being JMK based on his appearance today when we all know his appearance has changed dramatically.
His appearance HAS changed dramatically, BUT, all the old photos & videos we have seen are from the late 80's and 90's, right? (I could be wrong) Have we seen any photos from mid 90's?

julianne said:
His appearance HAS changed dramatically, BUT, all the old photos & videos we have seen are from the late 80's and 90's, right? (I could be wrong) Have we seen any photos from mid 90's?
The family video is from August 1992. That would be close enough. Maybe the witness has seen it?
:)

TexMex said:
MSNBC : Daniel Pride claims saw Karr on the night of the murder on a bus from Boulder to Denver. Saw a reddish stain on his clothing....on the left side of chest by shoulder. He has spoken to authorities.
Does anyone else remember that JonBenet didn't bleed when she died? In fact the medical examiner was surprised when he found the skull fracture because it didn't break the skin.

Could that be one of the "secrets"? That JonBenet did bleed?

JMO
Cheb
:truce:

....so I hope I may post my current questions here and someone who knows much more about this case than I might offer answers.

At acandyrose websit, I got into a thread about Dr. Henry Lee suggesting that the murder of JBR showed signs that it may have been an 'accident'. I had always assumed that this idea had given more evidence for the RDI theories...but...it made me rethink another possibility.

Has it ever been questioned and discussed that JBR's head injury could have come from being dropped on her head?

If you consider that there was indeed an intruder trying to carry her down the stairs in the dark, could the injury have come from banging her head into a wall or door frame as he carried her. (Or could it have come from being dropped on her head as he tried to put her out an open window in the basement? ) Either way, the garrote could have already been present to control her and in the end used to 'end her pain' since it was realized that she was dying anyway. He could have still planned to put the body out the window but ultimately found it impossible for one person to do and decided to abandon the body, the note and the fouled plan.

If there was no intruder could someone have accidently rammed her head into a wall or doorframe when taking her to bed or to the bathroom? (Lord knows, I remember doing this to my one of own children and awakening him as I carried him asleep from the car to bed. I thought I would die. Even though he never cried, just awakened and looked at me in shock, I felt like a horrible mother and worried if I had seriously hurt him.) If this was the case...why would a parent cover it up? And how could an accident such as this end with a garrote? I don't think this senerio is even a possibility. If there was no intruder it must have been a much darker event than beginning with a simple carless accident, IMO.

I remember that the fracture on the skull was 8. something inches...but where on the skull was the fracture located and did it go vertically or horozontally? I saw a sketch but I can't remember where. The autopsy report????

Thanks in advance for helping if you have any answers to these questions. (I haven't found a question answer page for today...so I'm not sure where to post questions...)

Chebrock said:
Does anyone else remember that JonBenet didn't bleed when she died? In fact the medical examiner was surprised when he found the skull fracture because it didn't break the skin.

Could that be one of the "secrets"? That JonBenet did bleed?

JMO
Cheb
:truce:
I may be incorrect, but I thought I read that there was about a tablespoon of blood. Maybe someone else here has a link that discusses the amount of blood found...

panthera said:
I'm still trying to figure out how he paid for travel or to support himself. His work was only sporadic. And not much better while here in the U.S., however driving a DeLorean.
:confused:

That's one of my questions too. And he had three little boys to support. Of course after the divorce who knows if Laura could ever found him. I don't know how support works in Alabama/Georgia but in some states I know the IRS will withhold your refund if any and it eventually gets to the responsible adult. Of course if he was out of the country earning money that wouldn't apply.

But the traveling he did verses the work he did certainly puts into question - how did he pay his expenses? I realize many of these places are relatively inexpensive to live in but wouldn't the wages also be comparable? Just more questions for now.

Wudge said:
To me, letting go of the presumption of innocence standard is like taking illegal drugs, nothing good comes from doing either, nothing.

Oh, please. The presumption of innocence is an important legal standard (even if it means OJ and the killer(s) of JBR go free), one that jurors must work very hard to maintain while hearing trial evidence.

But if one went around applying the same standard in real life, one wouldn't last very long. Forget driving defensibly, because one would presume that all drivers will obey traffic laws until they prove otherwise. Somebody pulls a gun in a bank, one wouldn't drop to the floor because having a gun isn't proof beyond reasonable doubt that the gun will fired. And of course parents wouldn't keep their children away from strangers, because the presumption of innocence holds that no stranger is harmful until s/he proves otherwise.

Yes, these are silly examples. But it is also silly to insist that personal opinions be built on the same standards of proof as trial verdicts.

I thought she had a dribble of blood from her nose.

Ten years ago Karr was probably quite fit. I think he proceeded to walk across the street in front of their house as he left, dropping that one gold earing he had taken, onto the side of their street, highfooted it to Boulder to catch a bus. And in his haste I think he forgot to check himself to make sure there weren't any telltale signs of a fresh kill, that is if he killed her. Horrified I am sure, he got off the bus as soon as he could after he realized this. If he kept looking back at Mr Pride, Pride probably met his gaze every time!

Scandi

Gidgette said:
That's one of my questions too. And he had three little boys to support. Of course after the divorce who knows if Laura could ever found him. I don't know how support works in Alabama/Georgia but in some states I know the IRS will withhold your refund if any and it eventually gets to the responsible adult. Of course if he was out of the country earning money that wouldn't apply.

But the traveling he did verses the work he did certainly puts into question - how did he pay his expenses? I realize many of these places are relatively inexpensive to live in but wouldn't the wages also be comparable? Just more questions for now.
Well, it's one of my questions, three. ;) Also, was he dutiful in paying child support all those years? Was child support paid for automatically by being drawn from his paycheck or was he paying it by cutting X-wife a check, himself.
Here in California, a family member lost his job and was unable to pay child support for 4 months. The x-wife gave notice to the Welfare dept and she started getting monthly checks from Welfare, As soon as the x-husband got a job, his very first paycheck was practically zilch because whoever handles that stuff swooped in and took most of it to pay the x-husband's back child support back to the Welfare Dept.

So if MK got any kind of job where he had taxes taken out, I'm sure it would have been just a matter of a couple paychecks before he could have been traced.

At least if it was Karr and he was drunk or high or both we'd have an explanation for the rambling nonsense kookiness of the note -- that's a major sticking point for me, since I can't see her brother or parents penning that thing.

I can't get past that, either. I have said it time and again. These are educated people. Why would they write a ridiculous, rambling three page bad B-movie script, with their own pad, sharpie, and leave the PRACTICE note? Please. Then put in all sorts of little personal items that would definitely put a target on your back? These people were not idiots.

It never made sense to me. I think when I actually read the ransom note, instead of just "hearing" about it, I started to shift my position a little. It was the subsequent murders of little girls taken from their homes, while their parent's slept, that made me really take a step back.

scandi said:

Ten years ago Karr was probably quite fit. I think he proceeded to walk across the street in front of their house as he left, dropping that one gold earing he had taken, onto the side of their street, highfooted it to Boulder to catch a bus. And in his haste I think he forgot to check himself to make sure there weren't any telltale signs of a fresh kill, that is if he killed her. Horrified I am sure, he got off the bus as soon as he could after he realized this. If he kept looking back at Mr Pride, Pride probably met his gaze every time!

Scandi
You are probably right, Scandi... This teaspoon rather than tablespoon post might be what I was remembering. This was internal bleeding... (posted by Misty in 2004~

3 different areas of bleeding
When Meyers reflected (EXPOSED) the skull cap an “extensive area of scal hemmorrhage along the right temporoparietal area extending from the oribital ridge, posteriorly all the way to the occipital area, which encompasses an area measuring approximately 7x4 inches.”
FIRST AREA OF BLEEDING

Then Meyers removed the skull cap: “On removal of the skull cap there is found to to be a thin film of subdural hemorrhage measuring approximately 7-8 cc (JUST OVER A TEASPOON; 5 cc = 1 tsp.) over the surface of the right cerebral hemisphere and extending to the base of the cerebral hemisphere.”
SECOND AREA OF BLEEDING

He then found another area of hemorrhage: “There is a thin film of subarachnoid hemorrhage overlying the entire right cerebral hemisphere.”
THIRD AREA OF BLEEDING

All of this internal bleeding is causing pressure (intracranial pressure) inside the head; person will usually lose consciousness. This increased pressure will DECREASE BLOOD FLOW TO THE BRAIN.

At the same time JonBenet’s brain was beginning to swell “mild narrowing of the sulci and flattening of the gyri are seen.” This swelling causes a rise in pressure within her brain, further affecting blood and oxygen flow to the brain.

scandi said:
Hi Wudge,

This has the date in October for the Sunburst Pageant:

http://www.acandyrose.com/timeline-transcripts1996before.htm

Snip
"1995-10-00 (--) JonBenet "Little Miss Colorado Sunburst" 5 yrs old (DOI pg59)

Hi Scandi & Wudge,

I just looked at acandyrose and found this:

1996-08-13 (--) JonBenet Ramsey - Sunburst National Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia (DOI pg 59)

JonBenet was in Atlanta, August of 1996 in all her pageant glory. Did Karr see her?

Shelayne said:
Hi Scandi & Wudge,

I just looked at acandyrose and found this:

1996-08-13 (--) JonBenet Ramsey - Sunburst National Pageant in Atlanta, Georgia (DOI pg 59)

JonBenet was in Atlanta, August of 1996 in all her pageant glory. Did Karr see her?
Does anyone know where in Atlanta, the Sunburst Pageant was held in 1996?? It might be important, Atlanta covers a large area.

"Also, was he dutiful in paying child support all those years?"

Not according to Lara Knutson's lawyer. Karr just disappeared.

scandi said:

Scandi

If Karr had taken a bus, he would have had to be gone from home for several days!

Pedophiles are generally opportunists. They take the easiest victim.

Thanks Shalayne for the correction. I only looked at October as I saw the pageant listed there, but with no date in October, and in the profiles about JonBenet I have read, it was held in October.

And I have Googled to death this pageant to no avail. The only thing to do would be to email them, and I don't know if it is important enough to bother them. Hey, I could call information please LOL and call them on the phone on Monday. It looks like a pretty big company. Sunburst Models. They would give me the date and address of the location I am sure, if it was for Sleuthing purposes! LOL Ya Baby!

Scandi

scandi said:
Thanks Shalayne for the correction. I only looked at October as I saw the pageant listed there, but with no date in October, and in the profiles about JonBenet I have read, it was held in October.

And I have Googled to death this pageant to no avail. The only thing to do would be to email them, and I don't know if it is important enough to bother them. Hey, I could call information please LOL and call them on the phone on Monday. It looks like a pretty big company. Sunburst Models. They would give me the date and address of the location I am sure, if it was for Sleuthing purposes! LOL Ya Baby!

Scandi
Well done all of you.Will be watching this with interest.i believe if Karr did kill JBR the pageants were where he 'first' saw her and he thought she was 'perfect' OOohh!!...

wenchie said:
If Karr had taken a bus, he would have had to be gone from home for several days!

Pedophiles are generally opportunists. They take the easiest victim.

Hi Wenchie,

I didn't mean to infer that he took a bus all the way back home. Mr Pride said this bus was on its way to Denver, and I assume Karr was on his way there to catch a plane to fly back home. That way he could probably make an appearance at many of the Christmas festivities with his family.

Hey Wenchie, I've been doin a bit of thinking while waiting for Tricia to make her appearance on FOX! { Rah Rah for Forumdom!} And I realized that the 25th was Christmas Eve. That is the biggie at Christmas, well if you are Scandanavian at least, as that is when all the children open their presents after coming home from church.

He would have been there on Christmas Eve, so his wife might remember that. It was only that he skipped out early in the morning on the 26th and didn't get home till the following afternoon. That is the afternoon of Christmas Day. So they were right. He was there possibly, just not all of the time! If I were a lawyer I could build on that big time!~

He could have made any excuse that she would be likely to accept, right?

#1 - a possibility} Goin' Bass fishing over at Tablers to enter a competition, or

#2 - a possibility} I'm looking in to us joing a national child care foundation and they are having a symposium today in honor of the Christ child being born.

Anything like that would have worked for him to get out of the house. What 'cha think?

Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member