Breaking news in the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name has been said before but just google TV services on Long Island and look at owners names.

NEW INFO ON THE SKELETAL REMAINS:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ecklace-Sheep-Lane-Lattingtown-187972771.html

Cops Not Ruling Out Possible Connection Between Nassau Skeleton, Gilgo Bodies

By Greg Cergol

| Wednesday, Jan 23, 2013 | Updated 3:01 PM EST

Quotes:

Police are not ruling out a possible connection between skeletal remains found in the sand Tuesday by a Nassau County woman walking her dog and the ongoing investigation into bodies dumped near Gilgo Beach, but they say it's too early to tell if the cases are linked.

described as being a nearly complete skeleton.

Authorities had said they believed the remains belonged to a woman between the ages of 20 and 30,

Azzata said detectives had classified the investigation as a homicide due to trauma that was evident on the remains. He would not say where the trauma was on the remains, nor would he say if the remains had been placed in any bag or sack before being buried in the sand.

A gold necklace with a pig charm was recovered near the remains, and detectives hope its unique style will make it more likely someone comes forward to identify it.

Azzata said women's clothing, including pants and undergarments, were also discovered near the skeletal remains, which he estimated had been buried in the sand prior to Sandy.

Cadaver dogs were brought in to look for any other remains in the area, but Azzata said nothing turned up and no other searches have been planned at this time.

This girl went missing in 1984. No way would her remains be "nearly skeletal" in 2013. Unless, of course, she was alive for many years after she went missing.

Where does it say "nearly skeletal"? I see "nearly complete skeleton" - a 200-year-old skeleton with a foot missing would fit that description.

Sometimes you just gotta laugh a little just to keep from crying.

No kidding. I've now been reduced to making jokes about Edgar Allen Poe and murderous orangutans. :blushing:

I guess a healthy mind just instinctively knows when to hit the emergency humor button.

No kidding. I've now been reduced to making jokes about Edgar Allen Poe and murderous orangutans. :blushing:

I guess a healthy mind just instinctively knows when to hit the emergency humor button.

It's very true. Many soldiers in combat will fall back on humor to take their mind off the horrors they see daily.

Good to know that it's a sign of a healthy mind! I thought I was losing mine!
36_2_49.gif

Good to know that it's a sign of a healthy mind! I thought I was losing mine!
View attachment 29297

I've been lurking, and later posting, on websleuths for a long time now, and I've seen some posters become so emotionally invested in a case that they develop insomnia, cry frequently, give in to feelings of hopelessness, emotionally withdraw from friends and family, etc. etc. I myself experienced some of these things due to one particular case. Most WSers learn coping mechanisms early on, and I'm guessing they, like me, learned them the hard way. You HAVE to find ways to stay balanced in mind and body. Sometimes that means, stepping away from the forum for awhile, sometimes it means forcing some emotional distance, sometimes it means giving yourself permission to laugh. To newcomers and outsiders, this might seem callous, I suppose...but we're in the trenches every day. You don't walk away from that sane and healthy without employing some kind of armour.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Among the 10 found in Gilgo one was that of an Asian male dressed in female clothing. Why did Azzata fail to mention that?

Newsday
"The chain necklace, which also has a gold pig pendant, is the best lead police have so far, said Det. Lt. John Azzata, commanding officer of the homicide squad. The remains show signs of trauma, leading investigators to believe they are dealing with a homicide victim, he said. He would not say what the signs of trauma were, pending investigation.

The chain is stamped as being 24-karat gold but analysts were able to determine it is actually 22-karat gold, Azzata said.

Investigators are pursuing the lead that 24-karat gold is popular in Asian and Indian community jewelry stores. Azzata said Chinese astrology has also been taken into account and that perhaps the pig could point to clues. In Chinese culture, among the year of the pig were 1995, 1983 and 1971, he said.

Azzata stopped short of confirming the remains are of a woman, pending a forensic anthropologist examination. He did say that women's clothing, a pair of pants and undergarments were found with the remains."

The only male at Gilgo was Asian and between the ages of 17 and 23. Police said he was found wearing women's clothing and believed he died a violent death at least five years ago.

Newsday
"The chain necklace, which also has a gold pig pendant, is the best lead police have so far, said Det. Lt. John Azzata, commanding officer of the homicide squad. The remains show signs of trauma, leading investigators to believe they are dealing with a homicide victim, he said. He would not say what the signs of trauma were, pending investigation.

The chain is stamped as being 24-karat gold but analysts were able to determine it is actually 22-karat gold, Azzata said.

Investigators are pursuing the lead that 24-karat gold is popular in Asian and Indian community jewelry stores. Azzata said Chinese astrology has also been taken into account and that perhaps the pig could point to clues. In Chinese culture, among the year of the pig were 1995, 1983 and 1971, he said.

Azzata stopped short of confirming the remains are of a woman, pending a forensic anthropologist examination. He did say that women's clothing, a pair of pants and undergarments were found with the remains."

The only male at Gilgo was Asian and between the ages of 17 and 23. Police said he was found wearing women's clothing and believed he died a violent death at least five years ago.

So this COULD be an another Asian male in womens cothes!?

I've been lurking, and later posting, on websleuths for a long time now, and I've seen some posters become so emotionally invested in a case that they develop insomnia, cry frequently, give in to feelings of hopelessness, emotionally withdraw from friends and family, etc. etc. I myself experienced some of these things due to one particular case. Most WSers learn coping mechanisms early on, and I'm guessing they, like me, learned them the hard way. You HAVE to find ways to stay balanced in mind and body. Sometimes that means, stepping away from the forum for awhile, sometimes it means forcing some emotional distance, sometimes it means giving yourself permission to laugh. To newcomers and outsiders, this might seem callous, I suppose...but we're in the trenches every day. You don't walk away from that sane and healthy without employing some kind of armour.

And that's all I have to say about that. ;)

Wow MK, did this come at the right time. I've been around here since only last summer. I have done pretty well with following cases that have ended tragically. I have gotten a little bummed but have bounced back. I'm in the middle of one case where I'm not liking things at all, the way they are going. I believe someone to be innocent who is not being treated as such and things that are allowed to be said to me are inappropriate. I just keep thinking if he's innocent, this is sooo wrong.

With that, I was over on other case of a little one who no one knows the outcome on, and I just lost it last night and I've been feeling the affects of it today. I'm been down all day. And I was thinking that maybe I need to take a break from all this because as you said, we are down in the trenches all the time, dealing with the worst in people. I've been doing a lot of soul searching today of why I'm here and what I'm accomplishing.

I needed this pep talk about how it gets to others, just so I don't feel so alone.

Thanks for that.

so, if the remains were skeletal, yet they were able to see "trauma" which made them classify this as a homicide (in addition to the remains being bagged) ...what sort of trauma would be evident do you think?

gunshot hole in the bones?
ligature around the skeletal neck?
broken bones?

broken bones?

That's what I would think immediately, when hearing of signs of trauma on a skeleton - a crushed skull or whatnot. A ligature would probably be referred to as something other than a "sign of trauma", but in any case I'll bet there's hundreds of caved-in skulls due to blunt object force to every one ligature around neck.

so, if the remains were skeletal, yet they were able to see "trauma" which made them classify this as a homicide (in addition to the remains being bagged) ...what sort of trauma would be evident do you think?

gunshot hole in the bones?
ligature around the skeletal neck?
broken bones?

Slice marks in the ribs
Caved-in part of skull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors