Breaking news in the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So another beat up (This is my opinion since they said trauma was apparent) asian person shows up. That makes it 2 victims of this nature.

To the poster who bike rides there. What is the terrain like? When the SCPD searched OP it took them a couple of days using all kinds of equipment and manpower. OP is a big place though. How big is this area? Could a thorough search be conducted in a day or two with just dogs and people? No heavy equipment (again this is my opinion because if there was heavy equipmetn like fire trucks and whatnot they would have bragged about it). SOrry for bombarding you with questions but I am unfamiliar with that area. I am southshore trash.

I ride my bike on Sheep Lane frequently. It is a narrow road and two cars going in opposite directions can barely pass each other. At night the road is very dark. I doubt anyone not familiar with the area would even know about that road, let alone drive on it. Whenever I'm riding my bike I always notice several vans passing me by. They are usually on their way to the beach club at the end of the road. A body could be have been concealed in the van and later dumped on the beach. Another thought -- the body could have been dumped in the sound and washed up during Sandy.

which he estimated had been buried in the sand prior to Sandy.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ecklace-Sheep-Lane-Lattingtown-187972771.html

My best guess is they weren't dumped at the same time. My best guess is if they were they would all have been dumped in the same place. Why take a chance carrying bodies in 4 different locations when you don't have to? The longer you are out there the greater chance of being caught. But who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men.

One thing I think I learned in these kinds of cases it logic usually doesn't apply. This types of people are illogical by defintion, otherwise they wouldn't be killing people like they have. The only thing 'logical' about these sort of people is they are illogical.

It only becomes 'logical' if you find them and they tell you the whys and wherefores.

Yeah I was actually pretty sure that they were all put there at different times.

This is getting anoying Sistah Sleuth!

You keep on posting claims as if they were FACTS, when they are NOT!!!

This above claim of yours has NOT been reportet at any point.

True that it was reported that "one of those ac four ladies had been dead for at least 30 days" BUT NOTHING about that she was dumped after beeing dead 30 days or somthing like that.

So PLEASE, in the future, add a quote with link to the news report where you have found you info, thank you .

Dude...take a chill pill and go relax in the chill thread. Come here and let me give you a hug. *hugs Forei real tight and shakes him a little*

Kisses Forei on the forehead*

There. You are loved.

This is getting anoying Sistah Sleuth!

You keep on posting claims as if they were FACTS, when they are NOT!!!

This above claim of yours has NOT been reportet at any point.

True that it was reported that "one of those ac four ladies had been dead for at least 30 days" BUT NOTHING about that she was dumped after beeing dead 30 days or somthing like that.

So PLEASE, in the future, add a quote with link to the news report where you have found you info, thank you .

TF you are the go to for all things AC4 related! If you say it...I believe it. No one else on this board (that I Am aware of) has researched them as extensively as you have. I understand why you are being viligant in order to keep the facts straight.

Y'all, please forgive me for not posting a link earlier. I am now at a computer where I have the ability to do so. Good to know that my memory still works well and I will continue to employ the method of deliberate memorization. I could take notes but when the hard drive crashes, the notes go "poof"! At least, the notes remain in the hard drive of my mind until I die...or get Alzheimer's.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/sicko_call_from_slay_gal_cell_5COah6gj6Xkk2gT4KgekcI

When a call came in from her sibling's cellphone days after she went missing, Amanda Barthelemy didn't know what to think.

"Is this Melissa's little sister?" a man asked.

"Yes," replied the 16-year-old girl.

"Do you know what your sister is doing?" he said. "She's a *advertiser censored*."

The call, police believe, was made by a sadistic serial killer who abducted and strangled Melissa Barthelemy, an aspiring hair stylist, sometime after she left her Bronx apartment on July 10, 2009.

But not before extracting a secret from the 24-year-old victim, who moved to New York from Buffalo in 2007.

Melissa had not told her mother she was turning tricks to pay her bills, though she'd been booking clients on Craigslist and meeting johns for sex for more than a year.

She lied and said she was an exotic dancer. Only Amanda got the truth.

"No one else knew," said their mom, Lynn Barthelemy.

It was the first real clue about the twisted psyche of a predator who stalked and choked to death at least eight prostitutes in the last five years, and possibly murdered four others.

That's the body count after cops this week linked the murder of Melissa Barthelemy and three other prostitutes found near Gilgo Beach in Suffolk County in December to four dead sex workers left in a ditch near Atlantic City in 2006, sources told The Post. All died from strangulation, their corpses stashed before being dumped.

"It's the same guy," said one law-enforcement source.

A third cluster of four bodies discovered a few miles from Gilgo Beach last week has fueled speculation that a Long Island serial killer used the sandy south shore as his burial ground.

There are conflicting reports about a possible suspect. Suffolk officials said they don't have one, but a police source familiar with the investigation said cops are focusing on a man who lives in the county. They've been watching him for days, the source said.

And they're re-examining every bit of evidence in the cases, including that first call to Amanda, which was followed by a half-dozen more during the next six weeks.

The killer always phoned in the evenings, spoke briefly and in a low voice -- and only to Amanda. He calmly spewed taunts and allegations. He sent text messages.

"He wouldn't talk to anybody but her," said Lynn Barthelemy, who documented the barrage in a journal she gave police. "One time I answered, and he hung up as soon as he heard my voice."

Cops began to triangulate the phone, pinpointing the caller's location to Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Massapequa, a short drive from Gilgo Beach. They showed Melissa's picture around at strip clubs. Did her murderer work in Midtown and commute from Long Island?

Dude...take a chill pill and go relax in the chill thread. Come here and let me give you a hug. *hugs Forei real tight and shakes him a little*

Kisses Forei on the forehead*

There. You are loved.

SmilingCat.jpg

You too...I´m female by the way;)

TF you are the go to for all things AC4 related! If you say it...I believe it. No one else on this board (that I Am aware of) has researched them as extensively as you have. I understand why you are being viligant in order to keep the facts straight.

Thanks JF, and you are so right, the only reason I flip out is because It is SO important to me that we keep the facts right.
But I admit I got a bit too :( but I guess it's okeydoky now :great:

so, if the remains were skeletal, yet they were able to see "trauma" which made them classify this as a homicide (in addition to the remains being bagged) ...what sort of trauma would be evident do you think?

gunshot hole in the bones?
ligature around the skeletal neck?
broken bones?

Could be dismemberment - how do you fit an intact body into a bag? Although if her whole body was found in that one place...why dismember?
If I remember correctly, the G4 were not found with any clothing or jewelery that we know of. This girl was found with clothing and jewelry so I'm not so sure she is connected to the G4. SG was found with her clothing nearby...
Just thinking out loud! "Buried in the sand" sure sounds like Gilgo - wish we knew if those girls were dismembered, found with ligatures, etc. I seem to remember hearing (reading) that one was found with a ligature - anybody else remember hearing that? MB maybe?

That's the body count after cops this week linked the murder of Melissa Barthelemy and three other prostitutes found near Gilgo Beach in Suffolk County in December to four dead sex workers left in a ditch near Atlantic City in 2006, sources told The Post. All died from strangulation, their corpses stashed before being dumped.

Stashed for "a while" or "at least 30 days"? I don't see where it says that. It might as well say "their corpses stashed for five minutes before being dumped". "Stashed", as a word, doesn't imply any particular length of time.

...how do you fit an intact body into a bag?

Depends on how big the bag is.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Long-All-Purpose-Burlap-Bag/dp/B000SSUMES"]Amazon.com: 24" Wide x 40" Long All-Purpose Burlap Bag: Everything Else@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314Dlp3aGiL.@@AMEPARAM@@314Dlp3aGiL[/ame]

Stashed for "a while" or "at least 30 days"? I don't see where it says that. It might as well say "their corpses stashed for five minutes before being dumped". "Stashed", as a word, doesn't imply any particular length of time.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to separate the facts from the journalistic language in that statement. I'd take it to mean the women weren't killed at the location where their bodies were found, nothing more.

The following quote is by SusiQ post #508
in the NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3 thread. I've posted the link but it no longer goes to the AMW article about the case. However, I do remember reading that one of the ladies had been deceased for around 30 days. This is how they concluded that he was storing the bodies because apparently this lady was frozen and decomposition did not match the length of time that she had been deceased. I promise you that it is in an article somewhere but I don't have any more time to search.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=41917

(snip)
The details of the crime scene are eerie. According to investigators, each body was dumped about 60 feet from the last, and all of their faces were positioned in the same peculiar way -- with their heads facing east, toward Atlantic City. All of the victims were wearing clothes on their bodies, but were all missing their shoes and socks. Medical examiners told police that the women were not killed at the same time, although it appears that they were all killed within a month of one another.

And...how big the body is...
And...how big is the perp trying to discard of said body..
And...how many bags?

IMO, if you "bag" a body it is because it makes it easier to carry and dump...and yu might not get caught if it is bagged as you transport...something Rifkin figured out - but he got hella lazy and complacent...then he got caught. (IOW, he did bag and dismember some of his vics in the beginning...pls correct me if I'm wrong - but that's how I remember it).

Thanks for joining us, Zurcaram. What can you tell us about this beach club? Specifically:

~ Is it a private membership club?
~ What are it's hours of operations?
~ Is it adult only, or is a family friendly establishment?
~ Do they serve food and alcohol, have live bands, etc?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what a beach club is, so anything you could offer to help clarify would be most appreciated.

The five-acre beach club is in a separate location and is approx. 3 miles north of the main club. It is located on the Long Island Sound. The club is pretty but not lavish, and has an understated elegance in a quiet, natural setting. Although it's private, I often ride my bike through the parking lot since it's the turnaround point as I head back home. No one has ever told me to keep out, and sometimes I see people cutting through the parking lot to get to Bayville, the neighboring beach town. I would consider the membership "old money" and most have family ties that date back generations. I asked once if I could have a party there and was told no, I needed to be a member.

It is a private membership club and the beach club summer hours are from early in the AM to late in the evening - maybe around 10 pm, 7 days/week, depending on scheduled events. Not sure about non-summer hours. The club is family-friendly and they serve food and alcohol. Since they host private affairs, I'm sure there are live bands there as well.

The five-acre beach club is in a separate location and is approx. 3 miles north of the main club. It is located on the Long Island Sound. The club is pretty but not lavish, and has an understated elegance in a quiet, natural setting. Although it's private, I often ride my bike through the parking lot since it's the turnaround point as I head back home. No one has ever told me to keep out, and sometimes I see people cutting through the parking lot to get to Bayville, the neighboring beach town. I would consider the membership "old money" and most have family ties that date back generations. I asked once if I could have a party there and was told no, I needed to be a member.

It is a private membership club and the beach club summer hours are from early in the AM to late in the evening - maybe around 10 pm, 7 days/week, depending on scheduled events. Not sure about non-summer hours. The club is family-friendly and they serve food and alcohol. Since they host private affairs, I'm sure there are live bands there as well.

Bolded By Me.

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly...there are 2 separate clubs, correct? And both are Piping Rock? One is the beach club and the other is the main club? Is the main club the one close to where the body was found? What's the difference between the two? Is one a private club and the other open to the public?

If you look on Google Earth and follow Sheep Ln. down to the end, there's a building on the right with a large parking lot. Is this the Piping Rock main club?

"The killer always phoned in the evenings, spoke briefly and in a low voice -- and only to Amanda. He calmly spewed taunts and allegations. He sent text messages." quote

SS -

Did LE or Amanda's family ever mention what was in those texts or if they were also traced? How many texts in total did she receive?

Thanks!

"The killer always phoned in the evenings, spoke briefly and in a low voice -- and only to Amanda. He calmly spewed taunts and allegations. He sent text messages." quote

SS -

Did LE or Amanda's family ever mention what was in those texts or if they were also traced? How many texts in total did she receive?

Thanks!

I don't recall him sending text messages. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members