Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried watching it again. It was after hearing the hoopla about all the evidence that was "left out". I was trying to see if the producers were deliberately using voodoo mind control. I saw nothing that wasn't fact based, actual footage of events.

It definitely did have an undeniable emotional impact. Seeing the actual faces, hearing the agonizing and sometimes desperate voices, of the real people who's lives were being destroyed, as well as the cold, defensive voices those who were callously destroying them;

Hearing Brendan's voice urgently asking his mom, "What does inconsistent mean", and the total humility in her voice as she replies, "Well, I don't know";

seeing Colburn's face, and actual demeanor, on the stand. If that guy was on the up & up, why did he look like he just **** his pants, over a simple question about the plate number call;

Watching KK enjoying, nay, beyond enjoying, slowly savoring each gruesome detail of the fictitious murder of TH. That was, brutal in away, no words in print could ever convay;

Seeing the pain of TH's Mom, It's little wonder why she so willing to accept any closure she was offered;

Hearing the female officer, assisting in a search of SA's home, laughing and suggesting they could frame him for any unsolved B&E's with shoes in his closet. Beyond dishonorable behavior...

So I am glad I got to see this intimate portrait, of wrongful convictions, that plays out in so many cases that we just don't hear about, (but we do know happens All. The. Time!

I refuse to be *shamed* for having watched Mam. You will never see me apologeticly admitting that I did.

I watched it and then I set about deliberately trying to change my own mind, about their guilt, with every available resource, and I and I could. Not. Do. it. Reguardless of whether or not they have watched MaM nine times, or never watched it at all, people are coming to the same conclusion. But there will always be a few...

definitely could not sit through that again.

I agree with everything you said here.

Making a Murderer was not a documentary about the Murder of TH.
It is about the relative ease with which one can be framed for a murder. Hence the name- Making....A....Murderer
All it takes is dishonest people in positions of authority with a motive to do so.

If Lenk, Colbourn, and Remiker (among a couple others) had stayed away from this case completely and the same evidence was found there wouldn't have been such a documentary to make and therefore a spotlight would not have been put upon this case.
But, if they had stayed away. That evidence wouldn't have been found now would it?

And of course once the spotlight is on and ppl are p'd off that such corruption could take place they start digging and more corruption and abuse of authority comes to light.

The truth always comes to light. And those that want to keep truth in the dark are the ones we should be most suspicious of. JMO

I agree with everything you said here.

Making a Murderer was not a documentary about the Murder of TH.
It is about the relative ease with which one can be framed for a murder. Hence the name- Making....A....Murderer
All it takes is dishonest people in positions of authority with a motive to do so.

If Lenk, Colbourn, and Remiker (among a couple others) had stayed away from this case completely and the same evidence was found there wouldn't have been such a documentary to make and therefore a spotlight would not have been put upon this case.
But, if they had stayed away. That evidence wouldn't have been found now would it?

And of course once the spotlight is on and ppl are p'd off that such corruption could take place they start digging and more corruption and abuse of authority comes to light.

The truth always comes to light. And those that want to keep truth in the dark are the ones we should be most suspicious of. JMO

Great post!
Also, notice, how the , "Oh you were tricked by a fauxumentary" crowd continues to ignore the many, many educated people in positions of authority, lawyers, judges, criminal investigators, etc el... Have reached the same conclusion?

Where are all the highly trained, well educated, judges, cops, lawyers who feel this wasn't a frame job...Anyone?

You are absolutely right. without the miscarriage of justice, there would be no MaM.

Right. That's why they left out relevant details.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Limaes,
Which details, in your opinion, are so relevant to this case?
The state already had Wisconsin " Denny " law on their side.
Phone records printed off by TH friend's & spreadsheets presented by Kratz, on the states side
LE, not allowed to search..searched.
Avery, was MAKEMADE to leave his property...for DAYS.
Hmmm...what else?

C'mon
You & I could both rattle off instances left & right in which this case started out bias..
It sure the heck wasn't bias in Averys or MAM favor, either.
IMO
Pffft, innocent until proven guilty.
Not in Manitowoc WI. IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They suspiciously left out evidence pointing to SA.

- him calling and requesting her specifically that morning
- the other 3 times he phoned her that day
- that her personal belongings were found in the burn barrel
- his DNA being found on the hood latch of the RAV 4

Yeah,
About that^^^ up there
May want to review the threads😉

Oh i agree there is lots of evil people that walk among us. I'm not so sure SA felt untouchable because he in his mind had concerns he would be set up by LE a second time, and look what happened. Whether he is innocent or not i am waiting for KZ to jump that hurdle as i think she stated. She believes in his innocence and he better not let her down.
You're going to wear out your fingers, Karrina lol🙄

Yes, she does.
Her past cases have zero to do with this one. They are not evidence. IIRC none of her past cases have involved proving that LE planted evidence. She has to overcome his blood being in the victim's vehicle, his DNA on the hood latch and the bullet. I can't see any of the new testing proving him not guilty. JMO.

First time for everything😉❤

I tried watching it again. It was after hearing the hoopla about all the evidence that was "left out". I was trying to see if the producers were deliberately using voodoo mind control. I saw nothing that wasn't fact based, actual footage of events.

It definitely did have an undeniable emotional impact. Seeing the actual faces, hearing the agonizing and sometimes desperate voices, of the real people who's lives were being destroyed, as well as the cold, defensive voices those who were callously destroying them;

Hearing Brendan's voice urgently asking his mom, "What does inconsistent mean", and the total humility in her voice as she replies, "Well, I don't know";

Seeing Colburn's face, and actual demeanor, on the stand. If that guy was on the up & up, why did he look like he just **** his pants, over a simple question about the plate number call;

Watching live KK enjoying, nay, beyond enjoying, slowly savoring each gruesome detail of the fictitious murder of TH. That was, brutal in a way, no words in print could ever convay;

Seeing the pain of TH's Mom, It's little wonder why she so willing to accept any closure she was offered;

Hearingthe female officer, assisting in a search of SA's home, laughing and suggesting they could frame him for any unsolved B&E's with shoes in his closet. Beyond dishonorable behavior...

So I am glad I got to see this intimate portrait, of wrongful convictions, that plays out in so many cases that we just don't hear about, (but we do know happens All. The. Time!

I refuse to be *shamed* for having watched Mam. You will never see me apologeticly admitting that I did.

I watched it and then I set about deliberately trying to change my own mind, about their guilt, with every available resource, and I and I could. Not. Do. it. Reguardless of whether or not they have watched MaM nine times, or never watched it at all, people are coming to the same conclusion all over the world. But there will always be a few... The majority could be mistaken, I suppose, I look forward to the eventual outcome either way.

:goodpost:Excellent post!!!! I couldn't agree 100% more with EVERY point you stated here.

You are ignoring completely the fact that Colbourn was caught lying on the stand contradicting what he had said on a recorded dispatch call. You are completely 100% repeating the Ken Kratz version of this case. Or at least one of his versions. As we all know he has two completely different versions that he presented to two different juries.
Nailed it 100%
anything else "relevant" that they left out?

Seeing Colburn's face, and actual demeanor, on the stand. If that guy was on the up & up, why did he look like he just **** his pants, over a simple question about the plate number call;

Watching live KK enjoying, nay, beyond enjoying, slowly savoring each gruesome detail of the fictitious murder of TH. That was, brutal in a way, no words in print could ever convay;

Hearingthe female officer, assisting in a search of SA's home, laughing and suggesting they could frame him for any unsolved B&E's with shoes in his closet. Beyond dishonorable behavior...

I watched it and then I set about deliberately trying to change my own mind, about their guilt, with every available resource, and I and I could. Not. Do. it. Reguardless of whether or not they have watched MaM nine times, or never watched it at all, people are coming to the same conclusion all over the world. But there will always be a few... The majority could be mistaken, I suppose, I look forward to the eventual outcome either way.
Missy, agree..if you asked me details about the documentary today, chances are, I wouldn't recall much of anything.

Safeguard, I knew there was a reason I felt a connection to you.
Your posts, IMO, are thoughts in my head, put into words here, on WS😉
Thank you❤

I couldn't agree with you more, Safeguard, re all the emotions the documentary brought up for me❤

Great post Safeguard :) I couldn't agree more.

Great post!
Also, notice, how the , "Oh you were tricked by a fauxumentary" crowd continues to ignore the many, many educated people in positions of authority, lawyers, judges, criminal investigators, etc el... Have reached the same conclusion?

Where are all the highly trained, well educated, judges, cops, lawyers who feel this wasn't a frame job...Anyone?

You are absolutely right. without the miscarriage of justice, there would be no MaM.

There is always Dan O'Donnell.... oh wait....

:scared:

so?? trying to mix the BD "murder of TH" and the SA "murder of TH together to make it fit.... I can't. Anyone want to help out?

I have this ...
BD says he heard TH in the trailer .. blah bah... told them he slit her throat (blood must be everywhere.. so THEN.. they drag her to the garage without dropping any of her blood from her slashed throat?? and shoot her in the head? then they clean their mess like pros?

WHy can't KK be brought to the stand by KZ - to testify to his belief about Brendan being the " one man only" killed TH.. and the fact that BD slashed her throat or whatever they accuse Brendan of?

Yep, just show the WI Supreme Court MaM and call it a day. No need for KZ to go to all that trouble with all the motions and stuff. Everything the SC needs to know is right there on film. Just a couple episodes ought to do it for them; not even all 10 episodes are required.

Yep, just show the WI Supreme Court MaM and call it a day. No need for KZ to go to all that trouble with all the motions and stuff. Everything the SC needs to know is right there on film. Just a couple episodes ought to do it for them; not even all 10 episodes are required.
Said who??

Actually, you are partly right. In fact, just one of the episodes had enough of the coerced confession for us to plainly see a young man have his constitutional rights violated.

Incorrect. EA gave PS permission to search the property and she found the RAV 4. That is what led LE.

Why shouldn't they be awarded? I doubt those who made the decision relied on gossip and innuendo.

I don't care who gave permission for them to search the property.

It was clearly stated by the officials in charge of the case that Manitowoc County would be assisting re equipment ONLY & CALUMET county would lead the investigation.

Dexter wrote: "The law enforcement officers who should never have been investigating in the first place"

From what I saw/read/found Calumet County was told to take the lead in the investigation, not that anyone in particular was barred from participating in the investigation. And Calumet County did take the lead. It was up to that county and their lead investigators to determine who could/could not participate.

During the trial, none of the evidence or testimony by the officers "who should never have been investigating" was thrown out. They were cross-examined and the jury heard the defense's position on them and the questions intended to impeach.

At the Court of Appeals, none of the officers' testimony or evidence was thrown out, nor did any judicial errors alleged cause a reversing of the conviction.

The WI Supreme Court denied hearing the appeal for the CoA decision.

Legally the evidence remains. If KZ can't prove any of that evidence was planted, it's probably over.

Here's an Idea; Just show the court all the "evidence that was left out" ! There's your conviction right there!
(hmmm. where have I heard that line before?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member