Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is very strange. With no POI now or anything to go on...they do need to pursue the rape cases with a sketch if possible. There should be SOME evidence left behind in the three cases to either include or exclude them being connected.

For some reason, LE seems very adamnant that the previous assault cases are not related. I am not sure both previous cases were rapes, one of the other cases was more of a fondling situation that fortunately did not escalate to rape. Why would LE be so certain the pevious cases are not related? Either they are incompetent, or they know something we don't know.

I wonder if the bf that she was breaking up w/is actually from reno also - like they went to high school together or lived in the same town - if so, maybe he has places in that area he could have taken her? and if he has made it back to oregon hopefully they are checking things out there as well...

They cleared the boyfriend. He had an airtight alibi as he was text messaging her on the phone shortly before her abduction. (Which means his cell phone placed him in Oregon on the night and time she went missing plus they verified his whereabouts.)

Ian (who has been cleared, too) was the person who gave a ride home to the first girl or group of girls. The 45yo man gave a later ride to a girl in the SUV and was the one who went into the station...and was also cleared.

There are no other POIs in this case right now. They are checking house to house and going to visit sex offenders in the area.

They cleared the boyfriend. He had an airtight alibi as he was text messaging her on the phone shortly before her abduction. (Which means his cell phone placed him in Oregon on the night and time she went missing plus they verified his whereabouts.)

Ian (who has been cleared, too) was the person who gave a ride home to the first girl or group of girls. The 45yo man gave a later ride to a girl in the SUV and was the one who went into the station...and was also cleared.

There are no other POIs in this case right now. They are checking house to house and going to visit sex offenders in the area.

I thought I heard they still are looking at another ex that lived in the Reno area to see where he was that night.

I looked up stats regarding sex offenders in Reno, NV there were 317 registered sex offenders in latter part 2007. How big is Reno? Guess I should have looked that up also.

I came here to read hoping that some of you would know more than they seem to know on the news, but I see everyone is just as confused as I am.

I've been watching reports now for two days, and obviously there are lots of questions. For me, I don't get it that the door was unlocked in an apartment where two girls lived alone. :eek: That is something I preach to my daughter at her dorm, and these girls knew about a predator on campus - so geesh!

Also, why didn't the dog bark at the "intruder"? Or did he, and the roommate was passed out drunk?

Yesterday, I saw the girl's Aunt speaking to Shephard Smith on FoxNews, and he told her she could say anything she wanted. So I was waiting for her to speak into the camera and tell Brianna they would find her, or to beseech the neighbors to come forward, or to talk about suspects, and instead the lady kept saying what a good girl Brianna was, and how she didn't usually drink, blah, blah. :confused:

I was very disappointed that she cared so much about appearances rather than finding her niece. What a wasted opportunity! Then I saw her on TV again today, and she wasn't much better. I just don't understand that. :waitasec:

I agree that the way the aunt is handling interviews is a little odd. I was very curious, as to why Brianna's parents were not the ones doing interview's etc. I have only found one mention of Brianna's mother, stating that she is her only surviving parent. But no public pleas for her daughter's release or life, nothing. Maybe she is not dealing well emotionally, but...

It's just a little weird to me.

There is a LOT that is weird about this case. Does anyone know how they know that the door was unlocked when they went to bed? Is this something they routinely do, or does one of the other girls remember that "Oh yea, we forgot to lock it last night", or are they making this statement because it was unlocked when Brianna was discovered to be missing? For a case that has been declared as an abduction, and for the FBI to have been called in, the quantity and quality of information is terribly inadequate. Why have we not seen pictures of that teddybear? A picture might help jog the public's memory if it was discovered in a trash bin or just about anywhere. :waitasec:

I was wondering why was this thread was moved to missing/located forum? That implies to me that Brianna has been located? I"m new to WS, so if someone knows why thread was moved, would you please explain this to me.

Welcome Paddy. :)

This is actually the Missing/Located area, as in missing and/or located. Many of the cases in this section are still not resolved. Not sure why it was moved here though.

This is from Foxnews, as they describe it:
This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," January 22, 2008. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324905,00.html

Regarding how they knew the door was unlocked - they routinely left it unlocked!!!! :doh:
"VAN SUSTEREN: Was there any sign of forced entry into the apartment?

HUNTER (Brianna's friend): No, the place she was sleeping was a very common area. And I have three roommates, and we live all our separate lives. So, usually, we sometimes lock it, but that area, since it is a common area and people are always going in and out, we keep it unlocked and just lock our own personal doors. So the door was probably left unlocked."

And regarding whether or not they think there is a connection to the other assaults in the area - IMHO they HAVE to consider a connection:

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, just in an effort to explore, not because I'm suggesting there is a serial assaulter there, but these other two assaults, were they done in the middle of the night?
HOLLADAY (RON HOLLADAY, RENO POLICE DEPT. COMMANDER): One was between 4:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. and the other was, I believe, around the same time frame. So as far as similarities go, the general timeframe would be about the same.
VAN SUSTEREN: How about the distance from where Brianna was spending the night? How far away were these two assaults?
HOLLADAY: I would have to go up there and pace it off, but it is within about two or three blocks, each of the locations.
VAN SUSTEREN: Commander, thank you, and good luck, sir.
HOLLADAY: Thank you very much.

This is actually the Missing/Located area, as in missing and/or located. Many of the cases in this section are still not resolved. Not sure why it was moved here though.

Hi StillHoping, thanks for pointing that out "missing and/or located". My puter was down for a little bit, then I saw that Brianna had been moved. I thought OMG, they found her, got excited for nothing! Thanks.

The thread was moved to the missing/located discussion forum, because we are discussion this case now. The original thread is the support forum for supporting the missing and their loved ones.

I can't exclude the possibility that this is another sexual assault, since the others were in such close proximity. But the escalation would be quite pronounced (if it's the same guy)...from groping, to assault then driving the victim home, to kidnapping. That's quite a leap, even for a sexual predator.

I still think there is more to this story than what we now know.

There is a LOT that is weird about this case. Does anyone know how they know that the door was unlocked when they went to bed? Is this something they routinely do, or does one of the other girls remember that "Oh yea, we forgot to lock it last night", or are they making this statement because it was unlocked when Brianna was discovered to be missing? For a case that has been declared as an abduction, and for the FBI to have been called in, the quantity and quality of information is terribly inadequate. Why have we not seen pictures of that teddybear? A picture might help jog the public's memory if it was discovered in a trash bin or just about anywhere. :waitasec:

I watched the interview with K.T. last night and Greta ask why was the door unlocked? K.T. response was that is a "common area", because there are 4 roommates coming & going at odd hours, they leave that door unlocked :doh: girls only locked their own bedroom doors. I'll bet they sure as h*#l lock that door now!

have their been any organized searches in the area, LE or other groups, looking for her?

I think I read about a second search with dogs today.

Did anyone read the link in which a woman said something about this being like the Leah Hickman case? I don't know if she meant LE needs to do a more thorough check of the house or what.

have their been any organized searches in the area, LE or other groups, looking for her?

Hi murdershewrote,
Washoe County Sheriff's Office, searched for about two hours in a three-block area around the Mackay Court residence late Tuesday. Police had already searched the area, including Rancho San Rafael Park on Sunday using dogs, they wanted to search again before the next snowfall. The search revealed no new clues. Police have also gone door to door, interviewing neighbors.

The Regional Sex Offender Unit are interviewing nearly 100 registered sex offenders reported living within a mile of the Mackay Court residence and with contact more than 1,700 sex offenders registered in Washoe County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice