Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we help if they wont give us more answers?

<snip
RENO, Nev., Feb. 17 (UPI) -- Police in Reno, Nev., are asking for help to find the man who killed Brianna Denison, a University of Nevada student abducted almost a month ago.

The Reno (Nev.) Gazette-Journal reported Sunday that police have linked Denison's abduction to at least two other sexual assaults in the area.

"We're entering a phase of the investigation now that is going to continue to need the assistance (of the public)," said Reno Police Deputy Chief Jim Johns. "I want to re-encourage members of our community to focus on the suspect's description and on the suspect's vehicle description."

Denison, 18, disappeared from a friend's house near the Reno campus Jan. 20. Her body was found Friday in a field.

"Somewhere in our community there is a wife, a mom, a girlfriend, a sister who recognizes this suspect," Johns said.

>snip

Do we know yet if this perp kept her "captive"? If we could nail down the time, then how was perp able to disguise body for so long. He had to be single, or clearly another case of the spouse being completely ignorant or did he put her in a car? I think she was in the field one week, where could he have kept her? :confused:

There should have been approx time of death, by now. Did the snow reduce decomposition?

>snip From 2 News, 2/16:

"John says they recovered evidence at the scene that will aid in the investigation but declined to describe it. He also says they don't want to be any more specific about how long the body had been in the field because that was something only the killer and law officers know.
>snip

SS, found out some new information that Brianna had been at Mel's
diner on the night she disappeared. That's why I did search of stomach
contents. Go back & look at my post. A few of us speculated whether
he kept her or disposed of her right away. If she was covered by snow
immediately after death, stomach content would contain last meal eaten.

I heard that early on - and I posted some photos of Mel's Diner on the previous thread.

To answer a question from yesterday - the field where she was found had not been checked before, but the teams were scheduled to check a lot of open fields that had been covered with snow until recently.

Oh brother, don't know how I missed that about Mel's. So it's possible that she has been there all along? Or did someone say this is well traveled path?

Does anyone know where I can find the link that shows that Brianna did in fact go to Mel's Diner and eat something just before her disappearance? Sorry, I must have missed it.

Lion

Does anyone know where I can find the link that shows that Brianna did in fact go to Mel's Diner and eat something just before her disappearance? Sorry, I must have missed it.

Lion

You're not the only one!! Me too.

Here is an article all about various chokeholds that might give some more ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokehold

I remember some of BTK's victims bit their tongues when strangled. Even though this is a somewhat different methodology, the physical reaction might be the same.

Excuse the pun. But can you say bear hug from behind and took her out the back door.

I suppose you, Lion and SS are right. I guess I'm just trying to imagine a scenairo where Brianna manages to fight him off.

:mad:

Here is an article all about various chokeholds that might give some more ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokehold

I remember some of BTK's victims bit their tongues when strangled. Even though this is a somewhat different methodology, the physical reaction might be the same.

Just read your link, this was one of the first moves my SIL learned in
combat training he's in USMC. Him & his buddies use to practice on
each other, goofing around. It's quite effective.

This perp successfully rendered one of his previous victims unconscious, so he had a little practice and he grew to be be more bold. Unfortunately, it really isn't that difficult to abduct someone who is vulnerable as Brianna was. She was sleeping, laying down, and possibly still under the influence of drinking alcohol. Garry Hilton disabled a fully alert woman who had practiced martial arts and regularly hiked. Many twisted killers/rapists have done this. I think we all want to think that such slimes can be fought off. But, this is sadly and evidently not always the case.

Lion

And tiny. 5 feet tall, 98 pounds.

I'm bigger than the suspect (and older), but he's probably in better shape than I am. My daughter had a couple of her friends spend the night last night, and one of them is 5' tall and 95 pounds. Granted, they are 14 years old, but still, I would have no trouble picking her up under one arm.
I'm 5'2" and weigh about 90 pounds. It's easy for people to pick me up and even carry me. And, they do it because they can. :D

I'm wondering why the dog in the bedroom right next to where Brianna was sleeping didn't bark? How did the attacker know the door was unlocked and he could gain entry without alerting anyone?

I find it interesting that they are witholding the estimated time she was in the field because it would be a point the killer and LE would only know. It doesn't make much sense not to release it because people might have noticed someone hanging around that area or possibly saw his truck there when he dumped her. They are shooting themselves in the foot in obtaining further information, imo. I do have to wonder about this LE Dept. and the way they have handled things in Brianna's case to date. Sheesh!

I'm wondering why the dog in the bedroom right next to where Brianna was sleeping didn't bark? How did the attacker know the door was unlocked and he could gain entry without alerting anyone?
We have been over this repeatedly, but I would surmise the dog did bark...but the two girls in the bedroom were passed out and didn't hear it.

I find it interesting that they are witholding the estimated time she was in the field because it would be a point the killer and LE would only know.

I think that is exacty why they are withholding that information. It is incriminating evidence during a witness interrogation.

This is a good move by the LE.

I agree 10EC_Dad. They may have wanted a hold back, and this may have been their best or one of their only choices.

Lion

I think that is exacty why they are withholding that information. It is incriminating evidence during a witness interrogation.

This is a good move by the LE.
I agree. As much as we want to know everything, LE can't release all the details that could jeopardize the case. Now, if they want to give us a hint... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami