Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GR987,

Thanks for your post!

I agree with your thought that he did not intentionally kill her.

I do find it interesting that he would dump the body in a place he knows well. I would be interested to learn more about your thoughts on why he would do that.

If you continue that direct path from the abduction to where he dumped her body, it could be assumed that he lives south of Reno. This could be why he dumped her in that area.

I agree with your comments that he has learned, through formal teaching, how to render someone unconscious.

Again, thanks for your input!

If it was an accident, he wouldn't be thinking this out clearly and try and find the first place that came to mind.

Yes, Still...Nancy's staff didn't do a very good job of research for her show last night. I did notice the inconsistencies with things she said.

I just read this CNN article where LE believes it may have been left there to taunt them.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/20/rape.taunt.ap/index.html

Thanks for that link. Fox is reporting that also.

If he left the thong purposely, I don't think it was a "spur-of-the-moment" decision. It was planned. That makes me wonder if he planned to kill Brianna. If so, it doesn't match his previous attacks. Very confusing.

I will say this, if he planned to kill Brianna, we are dealing with someone who has a "master plan". He has been taking progressive and disciplined steps in the level of attack.

I have been stating that it was not his intent to kill Brianna, IMO. However, I can see cause to believe otherwise.

The underwear is in too good of condition to have been left out in the elements. Too clean for that matter. I doubt that LE would have laundered them if they are evidence. A defense attorney will need them to test for their case wouldn't they?

Welcome to WS, GR!

I have a question...why would it be not out of the ordinary to have worn underwear from your girlfriend in your truck? Who does that? I don't know many women that would leave their underwear behind anywhere especially if they had been worn.

There was snow on the ground the morning she went missing, if the pics I saw in the media were taken that day. I don't know how long it lasted, but the theory that he may have recalled a ditch or depression there would indicate he had been there before or walked through that area. I wonder if this is a place he could had taken victim number two before returning her home?

How do you accidently strangle someone to death?! It takes time and effort to strangle someone. They don't die instantly. I believe I heard one of the experts say it can take up to five minutes of constant pressure. If it were suffocation, I might see it...but not strangulation. They obviously have definitive proof which would be ligature marks, handprints, and/or the broken Hyoid Bone.

SS,
1-As a youngster having sex in my car I have to admit that once in a while the gf at the time would leave them behind.:)
2-I do believe that he has been there in the past and your comment just gave me another :waitasec: . Why is there a ditch there? Was something buried there before and over time it has sunk in?
3-Gladly I can say that I do not know how you can accidentally strangle someone. I do know that accidents do happen.

I think that teddy bear is with the same child who was missing a shoe. They need the sketch artist to draw the teddy bear or they need to find one similar to put out to the media. The gf or mother would probably recognize it before she would recognize the other descriptions as her bf or husband.

Hmmm...so Ed did let that tid bit slip then. I bet LE wasn't happy about that! So if she was found nude...it does make me wonder where her clothes are now.

that's what i'm thinking......wasn't the bear a birthday present or something like that???.....i think a picture of this bear would be a good idea, however the more i think about it, the more i think he's hidden it...

if he left those underpants intentionally, he's not going to give this bear to someone who might be able to identify it....very creepy

We need to know if Brianna's clothes or the bear were found with her body. I'm guessing not, because I can't see how it would hurt the investigation too much to release that info, but then, I am not LE.

The reason this info is important to me is this:

Other posters have suggested that the UW were left at the scene because the perp wanted to rid himself of anything tying him to other cases. But if that's the case, then wouldn't the bear and Bri's clothes be left there too? It wouldn't make much sense for him to leave Bri's clothes and the bear elsewhere and leave underwear with his and another woman's DNA at the scene of Bri's body, especially not if he was trying to rid himself of evidence tying him to other crimes. I think he could have and would have disposed of Bri's body where she would never be found if he didn't want her to be. So at this point, I am convinced of two things. 1. The perp fully intended for Bri to be found. 2. He also intended to leave the underwear.

I think that teddy bear is with the same child who was missing a shoe.
>
No way..............highly unlikely rather.

[/quote] So if she was found nude...it does make me wonder where her clothes are now.[/quote]
>
That is definately the $65000 question.

More thoughts.......
>
A guy having his GF's undies as a token is not uncommon at all. I used to work with an anesthesiologist that kept a pair in his locker.
>
As I previously posted, if Brianna had any alcohol/narcotic on baord, it would have been very easy to accidently kill her while trying to "render her unconscience".
>
The UW however, is the proverbial monkey wrench. The detectives comments seem to suggest a truley heinous aspect to this crime we unaware of so far, mutilation or necrophilia as I initialy posted, then perhaps rape and murder was the intent.

that's what i'm thinking......wasn't the bear a birthday present or something like that???.....i think a picture of this bear would be a good idea, however the more i think about it, the more i think he's hidden it...

if he left those underpants intentionally, he's not going to give this bear to someone who might be able to identify it....very creepy

I agree, it was a method to keep her quite while abducting her. It is either a trophy or unwanted evidence that has been hidden/distroyed.

We need to know if Brianna's clothes or the bear were found with her body. I'm guessing not, because I can't see how it would hurt the investigation too much to release that info, but then, I am not LE.

Other posters have suggested that the UW were left at the scene because the perp wanted to rid himself of anything tying him to other cases. But if that's the case, then wouldn't the bear and Bri's clothes be left there too? It wouldn't make much sense for him to leave Bri's clothes and the bear elsewhere and leave underwear with his and another woman's DNA at the scene of Bri's body, especially not if he was trying to rid himself of evidence tying him to other crimes. I think he could have and would have disposed of Bri's body where she would never be found if he didn't want her to be. So at this point, I am convinced of two things. 1. The perp fully intended for Bri to be found. 2. He also intended to leave the underwear.
I want to know what turned this guy from a bumbling attacker (he ran away when the November vic screamed) to a calculated killer. Any theories? I know we've been saying a birth of a child or a divorce may have sent him over the age, but in such short a time?

SS,
1-As a youngster having sex in my car I have to admit that once in a while the gf at the time would leave them behind.:)
2-I do believe that he has been there in the past and your comment just gave me another :waitasec: . Why is there a ditch there? Was something buried there before and over time it has sunk in?
3-Gladly I can say that I do not know how you can accidentally strangle someone. I do know that accidents do happen.

#1.....you're right....i personally have never left my underpants, without me being in the them, but i know for a fact that if drunk enough, a woman might leave just about anything behind....(short story, but i found something "female" left in a guy's truck one time)....it IS possible the underpants were left in his truck by a girl he'd picked up elsewhere....even possibly a willing person......they need to keep these underpants on the news there in Reno, non-stop.....surely someone will claim them...unless the person is dead...even then, someone might have known the girl...parents, friends, other boyfriends might recognize the UW.....

They need the sketch artist to draw the teddy bear or they need to find one similar to put out to the media.
>
I kind of expected that to be done. There must be a reason that a sketch hasn't been released.
>
How can you guys stomach nancy grace? She can't even get one sentence out without letting her emotion take over and blurting out something stupid.

He had about an hour to abduct her, subdue her, rape her, kill her, then find a place to dump the body. I suppose that abduction to killing her probably took 15-20 minutes. That would have left him 40-45 to drive and dump the body.

We are dealing with a deliberate killing and intent to "place" the body or an accidental killing and a paniced rush to dump the body, thinking more of not getting caught rather than concern over the likelihood of the body being found.

I really want to think it was the latter. The thong really has me reconsidering.

Think about this for a minute. He goes into the apartment and takes Brianna out with the teddy bear. He puts her in his truck. He drives to where he rapes her. He kills her. He dumps her. In this scenario, the thong would have to be already in his possession. This isn't something a woman would leave in a truck like a gf or wife. The thong is probably from another victim, imo. He could have kept them as a "trophy". With his DNA on them, it would make sense it was from another rape. (This Rapist works alone.) It could also mean there was another victim between the Dec. 16th rape and Brianna's abduction.

I wouldn't be surprised to find he strangled her with the thong. There is a definite reason he left the thong with Brianna. I don't see it as a warning to anyone, but as a "FU LE" move.
I think that the panties are from another victim, perhaps, one that has yet to come forward. This rapist/murderer is sicker than I had at first envisioned. He is playing a game and does not think that he will be caught -- or -- is begging to be caught -- or -- is enjoying the media attention.

I wonder where the teddy bear is. Isn't it a large teddy bear? If so, he can't easily hide it unless he lives alone. My bet is that he gave it to his child. Why haven't the police shown a replica or the actual teddy bear on television? I wonder if there is a photo of Brianna with the teddy bear that they could air. I can tell you that I would be highly suspicious if my partner shaves his private area, drives a truck and has just given a teddy bear to my child.

I want to know what turned this guy from a bumbling attacker (he ran away when the November vic screamed) to a calculated killer. Any theories? I know we've been saying a birth of a child or a divorce may have sent him over the age, but in such short a time?

That has me puzzled also. It would seem to take longer than a few months to progress that much.

That is why I still think the killing was accidental. However, it is quite a jump from the Nov attack to entering an apartment to abduct Brianna.

Excuse me while I argue with myself.

He had about an hour to abduct her, subdue her, rape her, kill her, then find a place to dump the body. I suppose that abduction to killing her probably took 15-20 minutes. That would have left him 40-45 to drive and dump the body.

We are dealing with a deliberate killing and intent to "place" the body or an accidental killing and a paniced rush to dump the body, thinking more of not getting caught rather than concern over the likelihood of the body being found.

I really want to think it was the latter. The thong really has me reconsidering.

I'm confused, and maybe I missed something. How do we know that the killer had about an hour to abduct, subdue, rape, and kill her? Thanks in advance, Dad:).

Lion

That is why I still think the killing was accidental. However, it is quite a jump from the Nov attack to entering an apartment to abduct Brianna.
>
I'm of the same opinion, but the UW is shootin' holes all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties