Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely useless in my opinion, I doubt he will return to the same location. Especially if he has Internet access... Doesn't look like LE has much to go on in this case.

That's how I see it too LookOut.

Not really what you asked for, but as of today a surveillance camera has ben erected on the building adjacent to the field where she was found, pointing at the spot she was found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/Denison/DSCN5272.jpg

Again, well-done !!

I do have a fundamental question for anyone who wishes to weigh-in and answer, ready?

Does anyone feel as though their 'civil rights' are being compromised because this camera was installed? :rolleyes:

;
After some research today I did find out we do have some traffic/weather cameras around town.

Here is a link to some of them- I do think we have some more traffic cameras that aren't here on the list.

See if you can find out about more traffic cameras in the area of Sandhill and Double R ???

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?Dato=99999999&Kategori=SPECIAL06&Lopenr=71017005&Ref=AR

I found this - traffic cameras are illeagal here.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Sep-05-Tue-2006/news/9394026.html

Again, well-done !!

I do have a fundamental question for anyone who wishes to weigh-in and answer, ready?

Does anyone feel as though their 'civil rights' are being compromised because this camera was installed? :rolleyes:
Why don't you go ahead and start a thread for this as it could turn into a very long and heated debate? It is a good question, but I can see it hijacking the thread quickly.

I just finished watching America's Most Wanted and was very surprised with an additional detail the police have not revealed before. They said that one of the rape victims is also missing her underwear! John Walsh said that Reno police believe the suspect is keeping underwear as a souvenir.

We know that the November rape victim screamed and the suspect ran off. But the December rape victim lost consciousness and woke up in the suspect's pickup truck. I think it's probably the December victim that is missing her underwear.

I believe this tells us that the underwear found at the scene where Brianna's body was found, was left there intentionally.

I just finished watching America's Most Wanted and was very surprised with an additional detail the police have not revealed before. They said that one of the rape victims is also missing her underwear! John Walsh said that Reno police believe the suspect is keeping underwear as a souvenir.

We know that the November rape victim screamed and the suspect ran off. But the December rape victim lost consciousness and woke up in the suspect's pickup truck. I think it's probably the December victim that is missing her underwear.

I believe this tells us that the underwear found at the scene where Brianna's body was found, was left there intentionally.

That does make it sound intentional.

Did I hear wrong or did they (AMW) describe the vehicle as a "small truck"? I thought it had been previously been described as an extended cab with a step up. Now are they talking about something like a Chevy S-10 or Toyota Tacoma? :confused:

http://www.amw.com/
snip/
FIRST ON AMW.com: In an exclusive interview with Reno Police Lt. Robert McDonald, AMW has learned that the serial sexual predator linked to the murder of Brianna Denison and two other attacks has a penchant for keeping his victims' underwear. "We're making a connection here that maybe this guy has some type of fetish," McDonald said, adding that the suspect took a pair of underwear from a previous victim, in addition to the thong underwear found near Brianna Denison's body. That pair contained both the DNA of an unknown female and that of the serial rapist who kidnapped and raped -- and may have murdered -- the 19-year-old college student.
/snip

Interesting about the undies..that backs up my previous suspicions about our perp. He is taunting LE and he is letting us know there are some that they have missed..possibly unreported by the women.

JMHO

It is described as a small truck with a dome above the windshield and an automatic transmission. The vehicle is tall enough that it requires taking a step up for entry. The victim also noticed a floor-mounted console that opened in the front, that the radio had a blue and red LED read out, and that the seats were cloth.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=53281

There are a couple of interesting details which were not publicized that I have seen. This would narrow the search we were trying to do earlier quite a bit! Small truck with a thin console that opens in the front...does help some. (Altho...we have known AMW to get some facts wrong in their cases.)

The perp taking the underwear of victim #2 should have been forthcoming early on, imo. It is quite significant. If a woman ran across a pair of underwear not belonging to her...it could be the deciding factor in confronting him about an affair or raising her suspicions about him being the rapist and turning him in! This could put her in life in serious danger!

No doubt about the underwear being a trophy or a taunt now tho. Who and where is she?

SS I am thinking these belong to another yet unkown vic of his.

SS I am thinking these belong to another yet unkown vic of his.

Learning that a previous victim (probably the December victim) is missing underwear puts this in a different perspective. While it was only theory that the pink panther underwear found at the scene where Briana's body was found was left there intentionally, I think this new information confirms it.

The suspect is deliberately leaving a calling card. The owner of the pink panther underwear hasn't come forward - at least not to our knowledge. as the police are still asking for that person to come forward. I think the assumption that the pink panther underwear belong to a previous victim is a good possibility.

We should examine why a previous victim hasn't come forward. The obvious would be because that victim is deceased. But, there could be many other reasons. I'll throw out a couple................

If the previous victim was raped in the Reno area and her underwear kept by the suspect, she could have moved from the Reno area and is not following this case in the news and hasn't heard about the underwear found at the scene.

If the previous victim was raped in another city, another state, she likewise may not be following this case in the news and doesn't know about the underwear and the plea for the victim to come forward.

I think the logical step would be for the Reno PD to ask other LE agencies to check into their files of rape victims to see if any were missing underwear. Perhaps only cases for the last 5 years would find a similar case. This would be a major undertaking, requiring a lot of man hours by other police agencies.

Do you think he would leave underwear from a living person that might help identify him? He would be pretty narcisistic if that were the case...IMO it is someone who cannot speak out to identify the underwear.

One more thought about this too...I know plenty of college age boys who think a souvenir of underwear is cool..there are thousands that keep them, now there will be alot of suspicions raised about innocent young men.

If the murderer has an underwear fetish he may not just want underwear from victims, but from anywhere he can stalk and find a pair. I'll bet he has lots of worn underwear that he's taken from friends and relative's homes, maybe break ins, laundromats, etc. Some women have so many pairs of panties that they might not even if one were gone.

Do you think he would leave underwear from a living person that might help identify him? He would be pretty narcisistic if that were the case...IMO it is someone who cannot speak out to identify the underwear.

Actually..yes..he would not be the first to do such a thing..especially if he has done this before in other areas and obviously not been caught. What is the point of taunting LE with underware if it isn't one of your past vics? He would not have gone to the trouble of leaving them there if he didn't want LE to know there were more vics out there and they missed it. He is letting them know that there have been others.

JMHO

If it's a ladies underwear fetish he has then the ways of obtaining them are numerous. Buying them off of a prostitute is one possibilty and that may be why she hasn't come forward. Considering the area I'm suggesting somewhere illegal for prostitution.

At any rate in any situation that wouldn't involve an unknown victim then the purpose would be to tie up LE resources by leaving a false lead that couldn't be traced back to him.

If it's a ladies underwear fetish he has then the ways of obtaining them are numerous. Buying them off of a prostitute is one possibilty and that may be why she hasn't come forward. Considering the area I'm suggesting somewhere illegal for prostitution.

At any rate in any situation that wouldn't involve an unknown victim then the purpose would be to tie up LE resources by leaving a false lead that couldn't be traced back to him.

Well I don't think he is concerned with tying up LE resources. He is more concerned with LE knowing he has outfoxed them again.
JMHO

I don't see him having an underwear fetish as much as it is a "trophy" to him...meaning he keeps it as his reminder of the act itself and his power. I don't think random underwear would hold the same thrill for him.

With his DNA on the Pink Panther thong, it would indicate it either happened during or directly after a rape or he was reliving the rape later on. The latter wouldn't surprise me.

I hope LE already has been checking across the country for victims with any similiarities to these cases. I think there must be more victims.

I am very concerned about the owner of the particular thong in this case.

If the murderer has an underwear fetish he may not just want underwear from victims, but from anywhere he can stalk and find a pair. I'll bet he has lots of worn underwear that he's taken from friends and relative's homes, maybe break ins, laundromats, etc. Some women have so many pairs of panties that they might not even if one were gone.

I think so too. This guy may have ladies underwear from a variety of sources, so even if someone came forward and said, "I'm missing a pair of underwear just like those found at the scene", she may not know how the underwear came to be missing. They could have been taken out of her laundry hamper at home, or if she routinely uses a laundrymat, they could have been taken there.

In the above scenario, there's not much the police would learn, except the neighborhood where the woman lives and the laundrymat she uses, and see if either are in close proximity to where Brianna was abducted or where the other two attacks happened. But, I don't see how that's going to put LE closer to apprehending the killer.

I don't think the undies will put LE closer to getting him eaither Leila. I think that he just likes to mess with them and this was the best way to do that. I think the owner of the undies is a vic. He may collect other undies..but he knew exactly what he was leaving for them. He is one sick person and they need to ID him quickly..because this is starting be a game for him now. That is never good. That means he has moved beyond the thrill of the undies, the rape and the murder into the territory of enjoying mocking the police and public as well. It's become very complicated now and he will not stop until he is caught. There is just too much involved for him now.
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member