Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, February came and went without any known victims from this perp.

Is he hiding and not assaulting?
Is he using prostitutes?
Is he abusing wife/gf?
Has he moved?
Is he dead?
Has he perped and not been caught?

I think all are very possible. Interested in your thoughts on the above.

Of all the options, I think the most likely is that he's moved, or is hiding and laying low.

We have only a vague description of the suspect. One part of that description is that his arms are tanned. I tend to think that indicates he works outdoors, perhaps in construction. If that's the case, he could easily move on to another location where there's currently a lot of construction - I'm thinking Las Vegas to the south or the San Joaquin Valley in California. Or, he could be staying put in Reno but laying low, not doing anything to draw attention to himself.

One thing I'd be very concerned about at this point is that his next attack may not be in Reno. It could be Carson City to the south or the Lake Tahoe area to the west. Somewhere where there might not be an immediate connection to the Reno attacks.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...3019&oaso=news.rgj.com/breakingnews&nocache=1

Wow. Dad, I've tried to stay away from the police bashing, but this sounds like a huge blunder.....

I'm with you on this newshound, I have only criticized LE in one case and that's Kara Kopetsky's, but this is one BIG oopsy they made here. The article does say that LE believes the perp collects panties from his victims, and that he kept a pair from one of his previous vic's.

While I think the perp may have done this elsewhere and may even travel and not be or originally be from the area, I think he is hiding, but will hit the Reno area again soon (I said something to the contrary in another part of this thread about him staying away from Reno, but, in effect, for all we know, he hasn't struck this area in a month and a half). He seems to be having fun in doing whatever it is he's doing with the underwear and instilling deep fear in the public. I strongly feel, though, that he is going to do his best to not let future vics get away alive. That is the truly frightening part.

Throughout this, I've been wondering whether this will turn into a Zodiac Killer-type case, with the perp taunting the police and maybe even the media for a while. Now that he's gotten a taste of all this attention and statisfaction from getting away with murder, I can only see his games escalating.

Newshound............wow, a coincidence that you mentioned the Zodiac, because that's what's been running through my thoughts ever since the police revealed the underwear left at the scene!

I guess the poor girl who left the country must have reported that he did take her underwear during the attack....who else could it be?

I'm beginning to wonder now about the DNA LE collected from the house where Brianna was taken, with all the guys coming in and out of there, how do we actually know it wasn't just the DNA from some previous visitor. That "oily substance" could have been there before. I'm not even confident right now that DNA belongs to the killer.

I said blunder, Dad. I just don't see why they would release the info about the DNA unless they were sure. But, as you've said countless times on here, and I will admit it, we don't know the LE's strategy. We keep whining that they're not telling us anything, and they did in this case, and it's apparently incorrect info.

Someone posted this on the RGJ Web site and it brings up another point: They say the underwear was found near the body. Sounds like it was found within the same field. It may not have anything at all to do with this case....

Why do you say it is an LE blunder?

Well, this may help us who are scratching our heads about the underwear. This new information does not rule out the possibility that he did leave it there but it leaves room for doubt. It just does not seem to fit my profile of him.

Dad I think that LE still believe he left it there. It just doesn't match his or his vic's DNA. Which were back to him stealing or buying undies.

I said blunder, Dad. I just don't see why they would release the info about the DNA unless they were sure. But, as you've said countless times on here, and I will admit it, we don't know the LE's strategy. We keep whining that they're not telling us anything, and they did in this case, and it's apparently incorrect info.

Someone posted this on the RGJ Web site and it brings up another point: They say the underwear was found near the body. Sounds like it was found within the same field. It may not have anything at all to do with this case....

My point is that LE sends the specimen to a lab that reports the findings. I suspect that the lab made the mistake. If it was LE, then it was their fumble. I don't think they were trying to trick the perp with this.

Dad I think that LE still believe he left it there. It just doesn't match his or his vic's DNA. Which were back to him stealing or buying undies.

LE may think that. I have not gone that far but I was very confused by it. I am still holding back from thinking that he left it there on purpose, if at all. It just does not match the profile I have for him. I am in the minority on this and could very well be wrong.

I think that someone jumped to the wrong conclusion too quickly. I think they knew it was male and female DNA. They knew it wasn/t Brianna's or the other vics. They knew the other vic was missing panties..so they assumed this male DNA was his, when infact when all the results came back it wasn't.
JMHO

I think that someone jumped to the wrong conclusion too quickly. I think they knew it was male and female DNA. They knew it wasn/t Brianna's or the other vics. They knew the other vic was missing panties..so they assumed this male DNA was his, when infact when all the results came back it wasn't.
JMHO

Wow, that is a huge assumption. I just don't see that evidence that the LE is that cavalier. I hope you are wrong.

Wow, that is a huge assumption. I just don't see that evidence that the LE is that cavalier. I hope you are wrong.

I hope I am wrong too and this was just a mistaken lab test the first time.

I hope I am wrong too and this was just a mistaken lab test the first time.

I think the media will dig to find out why this happened.

Nonetheless, this is an interesting bit of information.

JMHO

What I think is a distinct possibility is that he started out as a peeping tom/voyeur. Snatches underwear from people he views and collects them. However, with that said I believe he has escalated extremely.

This underwear with male and female DNA could be years old that he had collected. He would be taunting police at this point and trying to trick them. It could be underwear that the owner dismissed as being displaced some time ago. Maybe that is the crux...asking if someone knew/thought their underwear was missing. Not that it would solve this crime but possibly place the perp in an area familiar to him. Then, the circle could widen.

Serial killers are known to begin their careers with burglary, peeping etc. Then this becomes not enough to satisfy the urges for power and raping and murder are the end result. JMO.

Thanks for that link! I think it is a decent possibility.

I just hope they don't release this guy before they test his dna and rule him out. He may have offered up his dna just to make it seem like he is not the suspect so they could release him on bail or something. Then he hits the road and disappears.

why the heck are women in Reno still walking around alone late at night...are they not getting this???

And why would this guy pull a stunt like this knowing if he got caught he would be under suspicion in the Denison case? Although they are saying, once again, the two cases are not related....oh yeah, just like the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23