Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still gets me that if they had taken that second to lock the doors, this might not have taken place. He literally tried to beat a doorknob off the night before so we know he isn't a rocket scientist or a locksmith!

My doors are automatically locked behind me. It is just something I have always done and taught my kids to do. They would never think of going to sleep without locking the outside doors. Common sense in today's world.

Does LE use psychics in cases like these, and if so,how would they go about it? In other words, would they have used one to search for Brianna and then again to find the killer? Could there be anything to lose?

Also, do the campus police have their DNA on file and if not, would they be asked to give it?

I think what Panthera said makes alot of sense. I don't see any reason why LE needs to prepare a statement everyday to let the public(which as of today,still includes the killer) Know what they are doing.

I'm going to assume( hopefully) that LE is miles ahead of what they're leading me to believe.

If their best lead thus far is leading them to ask for the attendees of a party a block away from where she was sleeping,we could be in some serious trouble

Could the UW have come from that house?

I hear that electricity can cure tendencies to rape and violence. When he is caught, let's try to help him out. We'll start with 500,000 volts and go from there.

That house had people coming and going all the time. It wasn't like the dog didn't get used to such. Wasn't a typical home where the same people were with the dog all the time. Yes, I do think it was friendly in that respect...didn't have a choice!

With the amount of traffic that we are believe was in that apartment, I can see that the dog might not be concerned with people entering the apartment in the wee hours. However, it would be a dog's natural instinct to bark if he sensed a struggle IMO. That leads me to believe that the perp subdued Brianna quickly when he entered the apartment and was not there more than a minute.

It depends on the animal. Besides, a Rott might have been a good deterent if it had been in the room with Bri...but not some yippy little dog like KT's. He could have easily kick it and tossed it outside.

You would think that LE has better leads than some drunken college party down the street, but this late in the case...maybe they found a substantial lead to look at that particular house. I sure hope so.

Because of the description of Vic #2, I would find it strange if he were a partier. She detected no alcohol or smoking from him (or if he had been around people smoking...he would have smelled like smoke.)

It depends on the animal. Besides, a Rott might have been a good deterent if it had been in the room with Bri...but not some yippy little dog like KT's. He could have easily kick it and tossed it outside.

You would think that LE has better leads than some drunken college party down the street, but this late in the case...maybe they found a substantial lead to look at that particular house. I sure hope so.

Because of the description of Vic #2, I would find it strange if he were a partier. She detected no alcohol or smoking from him (or if he had been around people smoking...he would have smelled like smoke.)

I am not sure what you mean by "it depends on the animal". Unless I have missed something, it has been stated by KT that the dog did not bark. KTs door was locked so I don't see how he could have kicked it or tossed it outside.

I do think that LE has many leads, as has been reported, and they are following up on those that seem pertinent. Due to the proximity to where Brianna was taken, it makes sense to revist those attending the party.

I agree that he may not be a "partier" or even attended the party mentioned. Again, due to the close proximity in time and location, LE is doing the right thing to revisit this.

I am not sure what you mean by "it depends on the animal". Unless I have missed something, it has been stated by KT that the dog did not bark. KTs door was locked so I don't see how he could have kicked it or tossed it outside.

I do think that LE has many leads, as has been reported, and they are following up on those that seem pertinent. Due to the proximity to where Brianna was taken, it makes sense to revist those attending the party.

I agree that he may not be a "partier" or even attended the party mentioned. Again, due to the close proximity in time and location, LE is doing the right thing to revisit this.
The comment we were discussing about the dog entailed the dog hypothetically being out in the living area where Bri was abducted. KT did state the dog didn't bark, but I have always contended it did and they didn't hear it because of the drinking and deep sleep. (Keep up!)
Yep, and I remember that cute dog laying by the back door, seeming to guard it. I guess that was KC's dog that she kept locked with her inside her bedroom. It's too bad that the dog wasn't regularly let out to stay in that "common" area, maybe it would have deterred anyone from coming inside.

I hope they follow up EVERY lead they get.

The comment we were discussing about the dog entailed the dog hypothetically being out in the living area where Bri was abducted. KT did state the dog didn't bark, but I have always contended it did and they didn't hear it because of the drinking and deep sleep. (Keep up!)

I hope they follow up EVERY lead they get.

I didn't realize you were being hypothetical, I thought we were still discussing what happened. My appologies.

I am not sure why the dog not barking is an issue.

I guess at some point LE has to determine which leads are more relevant and prioritize accordingly. That could mean some leads will not be followed up on. These guys must be working their tails off. Thankful that they are there.

I agree with prioritizing, but every lead should be followed up on no matter how long that takes...especially if they have zip to go on now. They probably are working their tails off, but they do have some extra help with the FBI being involved.

I don't think the barking is an issue either since they were asleep. The dog didn't enter into the equation. However, we haven't heard much about the other roomates, have we? I would like to know more about them. Where they came from, where they were, and their normal habits...such as drinking, drugs, etc. The type of friends they had over regularly and if they were associated with anyone who either worked for or went to the gym or Martial Arts place near where she was found.

Does anyone think it's possible that Brianna may have been awake when the perp entered the house? I keep going back to the fact that she sent a text to her boyfriend around 4:30. Is it possible the perp saw her walking around the living room or something, and that's how he was alerted to her presence?

If KC's dog is small, and I don't remember if it is, then it's not the dog that I saw in Mark Fuhrman's video. The dog that I saw was a full grown golden retriever or maybe a lab. I don't know. I get big dogs confused. lol Anyway, this was a light/blonde colored dog that looked like a grown version of the dog in the cottonelle commercials. So, maybe that dog belonged to one of the other roommates who was not there that weekend. I have no idea.

Does LE use psychics in cases like these, and if so,how would they go about it? In other words, would they have used one to search for Brianna and then again to find the killer? Could there be anything to lose?

Also, do the campus police have their DNA on file and if not, would they be asked to give it?

I think what Panthera said makes alot of sense. I don't see any reason why LE needs to prepare a statement everyday to let the public(which as of today,still includes the killer) Know what they are doing.

I'm going to assume( hopefully) that LE is miles ahead of what they're leading me to believe.

If their best lead thus far is leading them to ask for the attendees of a party a block away from where she was sleeping,we could be in some serious trouble

Could the UW have come from that house?

I hear that electricity can cure tendencies to rape and violence. When he is caught, let's try to help him out. We'll start with 500,000 volts and go from there.

It was about 5 days after Brianna's body was found that the police announced that there was underwear at found at the scene, and that the underwear didn't belong to Brianna - it had DNA from an unknown woman and the suspect.

I would think that the first step LE would do would be to show the underwear to the girls who lived in the house where Brianna was abducted from. LE would also interview those who owned the house where the party took place and eliminate those people as owners of the underwear before going public with it. I think LE had already determined who the underwear DIDN'T belong to, and only then made a public plea for the owner of the underwear to come forward.

I too hope LE has a lot of good leads in this case and will apprehend the suspect soon.

Does anyone think it's possible that Brianna may have been awake when the perp entered the house? I keep going back to the fact that she sent a text to her boyfriend around 4:30. Is it possible the perp saw her walking around the living room or something, and that's how he was alerted to her presence?

That is a good point. I came, maybe jumped, to the conclusion that she was asleep due to the blood on the pillow. That indicates, but not confirms, that she was lying on the couch when she was abducted.

Some dogs just don't bark or care whether there are strangers or not. I have a husky that people THINK is mean and protective and he has never barked. The mailman can walk right in front of him and he doesn't move a hair......... the mailman jumps and Scout doesn't even pay attention.

I am confused. The first time that I heard about this party was just a couple of days ago when the RJG said that LE wanted to talk to all who attended.
I had never heard of this party before. I was under the impression that this party had nothing to do with Brianna or her friends and that it was a relatively new lead that brought up the fact that it even happened.
Did I miss this party being mentioned or discussed before?

I am confused. The first time that I heard about this party was just a couple of days ago when the RJG said that LE wanted to talk to all who attended.
I had never heard of this party before. I was under the impression that this party had nothing to do with Brianna or her friends and that it was a relatively new lead that brought up the fact that it even happened.
Did I miss this party being mentioned or discussed before?

It is relatively new information.

It is relatively new information.

According to the article, LE learned of the party through their tip line:

"A tip about the house party was among about 2,800 police have received, mostly through the Denison tip line and Secret Witness. Extra personnel to investigate the tips has been provided by Sparks police and the Washoe County Sheriff's Office."

The article states that Brianna and the rest of the girls she was with, did not attend the party. The party began about 11:00pm on Jan. 19th and lasted until about 4:00am on Jan. 20th.

Just speculation, but perhaps the suspect attended the party, or was lurking in the area. At any rate, the party would have created a lot of cars in the neighborhood, and the suspect could have been present in the neighborhood and no one would notice because of the party-goers cars. LE probably wants to interview the party-goers to see if anyone remembers a pickup truck matching the described suspect vehicle.

I don't think that "gut feelings" come without intellect or experience. The most intellectual detectives have fostered those feelings into viable leads, IMO. One of our very best Homicide Detectives once told me he relied heavily on what his "gut" was telling him when piecing together cases.

Gavin Debaker author of the Gift Of Fear wrote a computer program for the FBI to help them profile assassins. He says Logic is Intuition fast forwarded....Intellect and experience help of course....It is just like someone who has been abused has an acute sense of observation noticing every detail...in preparation for the next attack...

So a good cop could possibly have a lot of info at his disposal depending on his life experiences as well...

Not really what you asked for, but as of today a surveillance camera has ben erected on the building adjacent to the field where she was found, pointing at the spot she was found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468//WS/Denison/DSCN5272.jpg

Thanks for the info!
Maybe someone read about our concerns here. ;) just kiddin
What's that old saying about perps always returning to the scene of the crime? Bet that camera will come in real handy.

Thanks for the info!
Maybe someone read about our concerns here. ;) just kiddin
What's that old saying about perps always returning to the scene of the crime? Bet that camera will come in real handy.

Absolutely useless in my opinion, I doubt he will return to the same location. Especially if he has Internet access... Doesn't look like LE has much to go on in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi