Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it's prejudgemental at all! If I saw that father hanging around a park with children I would tell them to beware!! He has a Charlie Manson look to me.

I would never judge someone because they have tattoos or piercings or because they look different or have weird hair or different colored skin or whatever. Some of the best people I have ever met have been covered in tattoos.

Judging people by their appearance is just plain WRONG.

Besides, his father isn't the rapist murderer here...

JMHO

Im not sure if this has been posted already, but James Biela did Jiu Jitsu. He has a blue belt. My boyfriend has grappled with him in the past.

I don't think it's prejudgemental at all! If I saw that father hanging around a park with children I would tell them to beware!! He has a Charlie Manson look to me.

The appearance does stand out, but we also have to remember that evil wears many faces, Ted Bundy had many people fooled because he fit in so well.

VB

He moved to Washington state. His sister and mother live in Spokane Valley. So, I would guess maybe he was staying near them (Eastern side of WA state). But, I'm not certain. That would make sense though, since he sold his truck in Idaho which is bordering that area.

Forgive me, as I have been M.I.A. since early Tuesday and I only just read the news today that Bri's killer had been caught. I really don't have the time to read all the articles and everything that has been posted.

Does anyone know if it is known WHERE Biela lived or frequented when he moved away from Reno in March?
I'm sure the police are looking into this, but it would be interesting to be able to do a little research on our own.

Also, I agree with many of the other posters who have stated that they don't feel he looks very much like the sketch. I can see a resemblance in the eyes mostly, but the sketch looks like someone much thinner. I would not have ever suspected Biela going by that sketch. However, in some of the family photo's that have been released, mostly with him in his marine uniform, he looks much thinner, so I too am wondering when he gained all the extra weight.

Thank GOD for bringing justice to Bri and all those who have prayed for her case to be solved.

I would never judge someone because they have tattoos or piercings or because they look different or have weird hair or different colored skin or whatever. Some of the best people I have ever met have been covered in tattoos.

Judging people by their appearance is just plain WRONG.

Besides, his father isn't the rapist murderer here...

JMHO

It may be wrong but Society does judge. I have a neighbor that is covered in tattoos and reportedly a skin head. I know him, so I like him. I met him before he covered himself in tattoos. But if I had just met him I would be leery. You only get one first impression.

I could not get the link above to work. I saw another article talking about how his truck,
Biela's vehicle, a 2006 Toyota has been located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

New article talking about "James Biela's Demeanor Behind Bars". He is cooperative. He was on suicide watch for 1 week and is now in protective custody. Then they talk about the 4 different crimes he will be charged for, and maybe the trial might be moved.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=9455323

I hope they are checking in the home with the child for the teddy bear that has been missing.

I am so glad this monster is off the streets. This is one case that I was afraid would not be solved for a very long time, if ever. My thoughts and prayers go out to Brianna's family, may they finally have a little peace.

Oh I forgot about that teddy bear. If he gave that bear to his child... then his wife should have known.
There was more than enough in the media for her to have become suspicious of this man. I am really angry she didn't call police especially when he was no longer in the vicinity. She had to have known something, imo. (I am also angry her friend had to call in the tip that finally landed him, too! WTH is wrong with some people?!)

There was more than enough in the media for her to have become suspicious of this man. I am really angry she didn't call police especially when he was no longer in the vicinity. She had to have known something, imo. (I am also angry her friend had to call in the tip that finally landed him, too! WTH is wrong with some people?!)
I'm with you, SS. In addition to that, this part from an RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS) today:

After Denison's body was found Feb. 15, Biela quit his job on a construction project at UNR, left his girlfriend, son and his girlfriend's daughter and moved to Moses Lake, Wash.

Are you telling me UNR or his employer didn't think twice when this happened??? He just quits in the middle of an ongoing project? This is especially odd for a construction worker to do (unless there is some sort of union dispute involved), because they're at the mercy of the amount of jobs out there and often are without work for some months of the year. I just can't believe this wasn't a red flag to his coworkers.

Unbelievable red flags all over this guy. He should have raised some suspicions with someone along the way. I guess now they will be coming out of the woodwork saying things like, "Yes...I thought he was acting strange towards the women on campus." or "I saw him casing the area, but thought he was just looking at the women." Sheesh!

I just started reading about this case. Does anyone have an idea why he (allegedly) killed Brianna but none of the others he allegedly raped?

It is only a guess, but the others could have been a build up of sorts. Escalation isn't uncommon in sexual assaults.

I'm with you, SS. In addition to that, this part from an RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS) today:

After Denison's body was found Feb. 15, Biela quit his job on a construction project at UNR, left his girlfriend, son and his girlfriend's daughter and moved to Moses Lake, Wash.

Are you telling me UNR or his employer didn't think twice when this happened??? He just quits in the middle of an ongoing project? This is especially odd for a construction worker to do (unless there is some sort of union dispute involved), because they're at the mercy of the amount of jobs out there and often are without work for some months of the year. I just can't believe this wasn't a red flag to his coworkers.

I know it's hard to believe no one figured it out, especially the girlfriend as Bri's body was found near her job. I have noticed many people do not read or follow the news. There have been big crimes right in my own community that people have not heard about or followed.

I just started reading about this case. Does anyone have an idea why he (allegedly) killed Brianna but none of the others he allegedly raped?

As SeriouslySearching posted, escalation is quite common in these types of crimes.
I have also toyed with the idea that he was quite frustrated after not being able to get into his previous victims home that night, and perhaps took that out on Brianna. Also, Bri was a TINY girl, and this is a pretty big dude. He could have easily hurt her without trying to. God, I can't even imagine what her last moment's were like.

Crime lab searching Biela's truck

"Scientists at the Washoe County Crime Laboratory were searching for clues today in the pickup of the man accused of killing Brianna Denison and raping another college woman inside that truck weeks earlier."
Thanks so much for the new article. I do believe he felt he needed to get rid of the Toyota truck so maybe there was some evidence in it. I wonder if the detailers at the dealership noticed anything unusual?

I think it's possible she got a good look at him. He also knew the other victim might have identified him and could be why he was returning to her apt. to kill her but fortunately for her she wasn't there. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt
Back