Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am still surprised over him using a gun in the first attack and not the others.

Not that it makes him any less of a for what he did, but it is odd that he didn't carry through with what worked for him the first time.

Wow, thanks . Do you think Biela's girlfriend or his family was at the hearing?

The picture with the above article is just creepy. Poor Bri had bruises on her arms and legs, that tiny girl tried to fight that big creep.

The picture with the above article is just creepy. Poor Bri had bruises on her arms and legs, that tiny girl tried to fight that big creep.
God, how awful. And to think some of us thought he could have killed her by accident. This was no accident. He brutally attacked and possibly tortured her before the end.

I am still curious to find out if the actual assault and murder took place in the truck. I'm surprised they haven't said anything about evidence they've collected from it yet.

The second girl that testified the day I was there - the one that was grabbed in the parking lot of her apartment on 12/16 - was assaulted entirely in the truck. He grabbed her in the parking lot and put his right hand over her nose and mouth, and she passed out. She came to in the passenger seat of the truck and asked him if she had died (!). He drove her somewhere else, parked, assaulted her while she was in the car in the passenger seat, then drove her back to where he had abducted her.

Thanks . I can't believe she thought she died. Poor girl.

Did they say anything about evidence collected in Brianna's case? Or you weren't there for that part?

Thank you for your observastions, . And I'm so glad these girls are willing to go through this gauntlet and relive the horror, so this POC can be taken off the streets. This was such a hard thing for them to do....I can only imagine the horror.

Thanks for the reporting, Ad. I would have had a difficult time listening to their testimony and not sure I could have stomached sitting in the same room with that .

Oh thanks for that link ! The sketch looks a lot more like the 2003 photo. I do see the weight gain but wonder if it was since the last photos in general or just the past few months after the sketch was released and he took off for Washington. :waitasec:

panthera, I'm thinking maybe it was the karate activities that had previously kept him in shape and then when he moved to Washington he stopped doing karate. Also, maybe his mother and/or sister who lived in WA were always providing extra meals for him. Just some ideas.

But, fwiw, the second victim did say that he had a body "like a football player" and did have a littly bit of a belly but was "not really fat". So, I don't necessarily think he was that slim before, just that maybe he has gained a little more weight and it shows more in his face now.

Can't wait to hear your take on the hearing . I imagine Biela is the most hated in man in town.

Another article says the first victim who testified threw her clothes away after the rape.
The second victim talked about how he took her in his truck to a remote location. "She asked the attacker if she was "going to die" and he said no but threatened to return if she called police. "

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9496843&nav=1Pus

Thanks, Colette.

In this article, the first names of the rape victims are mentioned. The 10/22 victim is "Amanda" and the 12/16 victim is "Emma". I guess that means it would be ok for us to use the names as reference here too?

I am still surprised over him using a gun in the first attack and not the others.

Not that it makes him any less of a for what he did, but it is odd that he didn't carry through with what worked for him the first time.

I agree the 10/22 attack is definitely different. I don't know if he's smart enough to have put much thought into it, but maybe he has read and knows that generally investigators try to look for similar patterns to connect the same crimes. He may have just been trying to throw them off.

But, the 12/16 victim's circumstances and Brianna's were fairly similar. So, I don't know, that kind of cancels out any previous attempts he made to do things differently. Maybe the gun belonged to someone else he knew and they noticed it was missing, so he had to give it back and was never able to use it again. Overall, I think the first victim's testimony was not as strong as the 2nd victim. I'm not saying that in any way to dimish what she went through. I just mean, from the legal side of it, to carry the case through and really tie things to him. The fact that they have dna to tie him to the 2nd victim (Emma) and Brianna, as well as Emma's description of the truck, are really what ties everything together.

Biela to stand trial for rapes, murder

"After two days of testimony -- including stories from two alleged rape victims -- a justice of the peace said today that the prosecution presented enough evidence to send James Michael Biela to faces charges that he raped and killed Brianna Denison, kidnapped and sexually assaulted another college student, and raped a third woman."

Fabulous news! Also, thanks for the eyewitness report of the preliminary hearing!

Those are the names used in the hearings as well.

And I must state again how badly I felt for those poor girls having to sit up there and describe what happened to them in front of a full courtroom.

It must have been horrible, I can't even imagine. Thankfully the media was not allowed to record their testimony by video or audio.

I just wanted to double check on the mentioning of the names. Since they are public in at least one article, can we say them here? I suppose I already did. lol But, I wanted to check and will go back and delete if necessary. Thanks!

panthera, I'm thinking maybe it was the karate activities that had previously kept him in shape and then when he moved to Washington he stopped doing karate. Also, maybe his mother and/or sister who lived in WA were always providing extra meals for him. Just some ideas.

But, fwiw, the second victim did say that he had a body "like a football player" and did have a littly bit of a belly but was "not really fat". So, I don't necessarily think he was that slim before, just that maybe he has gained a little more weight and it shows more in his face now.
I agree with you and the 2003 photos were at least five years old so a person can change a lot in that time. I also think he was on his way to his current weight by the description given by the Dec. 2007 victim, but maybe she was just not that accurate about his face/neck. She was a great source of details about a lot of things that proved true though! MOO

It was very difficult to listen to. I understand why the deputies were scattered throughout the room. How a "man" like that can inflict such pain on those innocent little girls (I know they're adults, but they were both small) is beyond my comprehension. I truly feel people like him cease to be human, which is why I have no trouble with executing them.
Thanks so much for attending the hearing and giving updates. I was so preoccupied with Caylee this week I actually forgot about Biela's hearing. I never had any doubt though that there was enough evidence for him to stand trial. :behindbar MOO

TY for attending the hearing and giving such a thorough report back to us. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Just a thought on why his appearance has changed so much, and I think this is why. When I googled his name, a lot of posts showed up from him in a forum discussing performance enhancing supplements and vitamin websites-

He could be bulked up on steroids and that could account for the rage.??

Just a thought on why his appearance has changed so much, and I think this is why. When I googled his name, a lot of posts showed up from him in a forum discussing performance enhancing supplements and vitamin websites-

He could be bulked up on steroids and that could account for the rage.??
This story says he was kicked out of the Marines for doing drugs:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126061

Biela also was described as a quick-tempered bully drummed out of the Marine Corps for drug use and under a restraining order from a former girlfriend who said he threatened her neighbor with a knife.

This story says he was kicked out of the Marines for doing drugs:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081126/NEWS18/81126061

Biela also was described as a quick-tempered bully drummed out of the Marine Corps for drug use and under a restraining order from a former girlfriend who said he threatened her neighbor with a knife.

Coming out of my usual lurker mode to say that in the arrest booking photos ( mug shots) which are posted in this thread, he looks extremely sedated, drugged up or even drunk. Eyes aren't quite focusing, IMO.

When said the eyes were off compared to the composite sketch, I see what he is talking about.
The suspect has eyes that aren't quite focusing on the world. IMO, still using drugs.

I wonder if the defense will use the steroid rage defense somehow? He has the neck and facial acne of a ' roid abuser, again IMO. ( I think he should get just what another poster said- a fair trial followed by an execution).
Poor girls, so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back