Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no he didnt even rocognize the name. i showed him a picture and then he realized who it was.

Does anyone know what made her bleed on the couch? what part of her body it came from?

The blood was on her pillow and I believe it was at least speculated that he either hit her in the face or used the pillow to smother her leading to the blood loss.

I'm with you, SS. In addition to that, this part from an RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS) today:

After Denison's body was found Feb. 15, Biela quit his job on a construction project at UNR, left his girlfriend, son and his girlfriend's daughter and moved to Moses Lake, Wash.

Are you telling me UNR or his employer didn't think twice when this happened??? He just quits in the middle of an ongoing project? This is especially odd for a construction worker to do (unless there is some sort of union dispute involved), because they're at the mercy of the amount of jobs out there and often are without work for some months of the year. I just can't believe this wasn't a red flag to his coworkers.

Good article, newshound. This is just unbelievable. I was trying to remember back to March and whether any significant developments happened at that time. I realized that's when they found the Pink Panther underwear. I guess he may have thought they were getting closer to him and maybe that pair of underwear did belong to his girlfriend as many speculated. The best thing his girlfriend did was to vent about the relationship to her friend, since apparently her friend was the only one with common sense. That is the most positive thing I can say about all of this. Well, that and also that it thankfully didn't take 30 years or some crazy amount of time to nab him like with BTK or the Green River killers.

Does anyone know why he ended up leaving Moses Lake in August or September and heading back to Reno? I'm keeping an eye on the Tri-City Herald (the paper in that area) for any unsolved crimes, etc.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/

Lilly, I think they are still looking for the owner of the pink panther panties. I get the impression they are not the girlfriends. They have her DNA from the reverse dna from her son, so they know the panties aren't hers.

From the article about the truck:

"DNA samples linked him to the crimes, police said. No other victims have come forward, and no one has claimed ownership of the pair of Pink Panther size-small thong panties found under Denison's body."

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS

I think everything depends on who wants to listen and who wants to talk. Many times victims of sexual abuse will stay silent and suffer the consequences. Many times people with info or strong hunches won't be listened to as some LE will close the door. This is human nature but a good investigator will listen to all. Let's pray that good investigators abound. As only when this happens will crimes be solved and victims receive justice.

Colette, You're right...they'd know, at least by now, if the pink panther thong belonged to his girlfriend. Of course, they could be keeping that under wraps. We'll see. Also, I just realized I mistakenly said the thong was found in March. I'd forgotten that it was with her when her body was discovered in February. I was trying to piece together all the developments that were in the media when he left in March.

What I was remembering was that in March they discovered that the male dna on the pink panther panties didn't match the perp (Biela) that they had identified at all the other scenes. So, in the end, maybe the pink panther thong will mean nothing and just be something he stole from a laundry mat or within someone's house. The other thing is that March (or maybe late February) is when they had a huge fundraiser and were financially able to really start going through the backlog of dna evidence.

Thanks for the response and link! :)

Lilly, I think they are still looking for the owner of the pink panther panties. I get the impression they are not the girlfriends. They have her DNA from the reverse dna from her son, so they know the panties aren't hers.

From the article about the truck:

"DNA samples linked him to the crimes, police said. No other victims have come forward, and no one has claimed ownership of the pair of Pink Panther size-small thong panties found under Denison's body."

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081204/NEWS01/812040351/1321/NEWS

Two new charges filed..."The first new charge involved an October 2007 attack at gunpoint on a 19-year-old woman in the Brian J. Whalen Parking Complex on the University of Nevada, Reno campus...

"And after Denison's body was found in February, a 19-year-old UNR student reported to the police that she had been raped at gunpoint in the parking complex in October. No DNA evidence was available, and police did not immediately connect this attack with the Denison killing."

and... "Another new charge, battery with intent to commit sexual assault, concerned a November 2007 attack on a woman on College Drive." Preliminary hearing Wednesday.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081206/NEWS/812060350/1004

Two new charges filed..."The first new charge involved an October 2007 attack at gunpoint on a 19-year-old woman in the Brian J. Whalen Parking Complex on the University of Nevada, Reno campus...

"And after Denison's body was found in February, a 19-year-old UNR student reported to the police that she had been raped at gunpoint in the parking complex in October. No DNA evidence was available, and police did not immediately connect this attack with the Denison killing."

and... "Another new charge, battery with intent to commit sexual assault, concerned a November 2007 attack on a woman on College Drive." Preliminary hearing Wednesday.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20081206/NEWS/812060350/1004

So now it's confirmed he did rape Brianna. Her poor family. I remember they said on the Dateline story that they didn't want to know the details of what happened to her.

Also, this line: Prosecutors also said he sexually assaulted Denison on or about Jan. 20.

Does that mean Biela may have held her for a day or two after she was abducted? I'm confused by this. It couldn't have been Jan. 19 because she was still accounted for into the wee hours of the 20th.

Maybe so...but I have to agree to a certain extent. The father's appearance does give me pause.

We often wonder why these men turn out to be the monsters they are and we do look at the parents/upbringings for clues. The father appears to be very much outside of the norm. Does it indicate problems which began earlier in the family? It could or it could mean nothing.
His appearance is unconventional. But the man served our country honorably and, from what he says, at least seems to be a decent fellow as regards this case. He loves his son, but can't back him up or support him. (How I wish we'd hear this from some other parents...)

As sad as it is, he looks a good deal like an awful lot of the disabled American vets in his age bracket. Resources do not exist to ensure them a proper living in their later years.

I don't know how far off my theory could be, but I'll give it a shot. IIRC, he returned to the foreign girls apt. shortly before Jan. 20. And I believe either he couldn't get in or she wasn't there at the apt. Maybe even both?

I wonder how much resembelence there was between her and Bri. Could he have thought from first glance that the foreign girl WAS Bri? And maybe when he got to her, he noticed it wasn't her but it was already too late? Could that be possible??

His appearance is unconventional. But the man served our country honorably and, from what he says, at least seems to be a decent fellow as regards this case. He loves his son, but can't back him up or support him. (How I wish we'd hear this from some other parents...)

As sad as it is, he looks a good deal like an awful lot of the disabled American vets in his age bracket. Resources do not exist to ensure them a proper living in their later years.
More than his looks, I was considering the role alcohol appears to play in the father's lifestyle. Were drugs a factor with him? He does look like he has led a hard knock life and resembles, as you mentioned, a lot of the disabled vets in ths country....sad to say.

Does anyone know if he was at the party down the road the night she was abducted?

So now it's confirmed he did rape Brianna. Her poor family. I remember they said on the Dateline story that they didn't want to know the details of what happened to her.

Also, this line: Prosecutors also said he sexually assaulted Denison on or about Jan. 20.

Does that mean Biela may have held her for a day or two after she was abducted? I'm confused by this. It couldn't have been Jan. 19 because she was still accounted for into the wee hours of the 20th.
I think it's worded that way because they don't know the exact date or how long after she was abducted she was killed. Just MOO

I was poking around the RPD's site, and hey now have a file posted with some older pictures of Biela that show me he has recently gained some weight:

http://www.cityofreno.com/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=14779

Still, I'm not getting the connection - the eyes are totally different. But I can see it a little better based on the older pictures - it's too bad there isn't a picture more recent than 2003.
Oh thanks for that link ! The sketch looks a lot more like the 2003 photo. I do see the weight gain but wonder if it was since the last photos in general or just the past few months after the sketch was released and he took off for Washington. :waitasec:

I was poking around the RPD's site, and hey now have a file posted with some older pictures of Biela that show me he has recently gained some weight:

http://www.cityofreno.com/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=14779

Still, I'm not getting the connection - the eyes are totally different. But I can see it a little better based on the older pictures - it's too bad there isn't a picture more recent than 2003.

Hey Buddy IIRC the witness that gave the artist the details was attacked at night so maybe she could not see everything clearly. Also I have seen worse skecthes make of and this one I can see details where the do look in general of the sucker.

So what happened?! Glad you got to go. (I hope that officer can see that he intends on trying to escape at any moment and he has to act accordingly. hehehe)

The hearing's first witness was the woman raped in the parking garage. She pointed out Biela as the man who grabbed her from behind. He told her not to "say anything or the safety comes off" the gun. This woman did not report the rape, she had been through enough. She didn't want her body to be a "crime scene". The detective contacted her at the end of January, then she told about the rape.

Biela wore a bulletproof vest to the hearing.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11189663

Can't wait to hear your take on the hearing . I imagine Biela is the most hated in man in town.

Another article says the first victim who testified threw her clothes away after the rape.
The second victim talked about how he took her in his truck to a remote location. "She asked the attacker if she was "going to die" and he said no but threatened to return if she called police. "

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9496843&nav=1Pus

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back