British detectives fly to Portugal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Because I have to say, I am becomimng quite convinced that they are.

Either that or this is some elaborate ruse to mislead the people really responsible for Madeleine's death.

So, either diabolically ingenuis or, well, ...stupid.

If this weren't about the death of a child it would be hysterically funny. Sort of SY's version of "Who's On First"

I will go for genius over stupidity as the SY reputation can't take another dreadful hit right now...

They are in a rock and a hard place so far

They can't find evidence for abduction
They can't therefore blame some patsy if their goal is to say an abduction did happen, the evidence if false will be ripped to shreds
If they find the parents were involved they won't be able to cover this up either
then again maybe they wont try to

let's see

Two police forces have done reviews and reopened the investigation, they meet, they talk,twenty times to date, no one really knows what they are both doing, and GOOD!

I thought they were there to interview 3 burglars, issue search warrants and make arrests. Shame on me :slap:

I will go for genius over stupidity as the SY reputation can't take another dreadful hit right now...

They are in a rock and a hard place so far

They can't find evidence for abduction
They can't therefore blame some patsy if their goal is to say an abduction did happen, the evidence if false will be ripped to shreds
If they find the parents were involved they won't be able to cover this up either
then again maybe they wont try to

let's see

Sadly unless Madeleine is found, she will never get justice.

I believe justice is on its way.

There will be nowhere to hide once SY have completed their investigations.

The truth is there, a big ugly combination of spin and bs is being unravelled as we speak.

As far as Tiago and his colleague go, I suspect LE wish to know if any conversation was overheard on the original journey to the resort.

Gerry's "*advertiser censored** off, I'm not here to enjoy myself" makes me wonder - what were you there for Gerry?

These burglars cleaners drivers managers whatever....of course they are being questioned! They were all WITNESSES!!

:moo:

I have and will provide links, for everything in my post. I also know enough that when people provide legit links I include them in my line of thougt. I don't dismiss or deny they ever existed.

Smith admits it was not Gerry, investigator say it wasn't Gerry, witness and employees say it wasn't Gerry. This is the only place that still claims it might be Gerry. Again why would Gerry find a witness against himself? Why fuel the fires with rumors it's you, which could take away from the investigation? It's the parents, why bother attitude that probably ended up costing Maddie her life. Moo

SY nor Portugal are investigating the M's. Regarding the coloring book, you're right I haven't been on this case as long as some, Ive followed from a distance. I assumed the parents were cleared after the inconclusive DNA debacle. I do read the links and educate myself, I also won't deny the facts, and say silly things like certain ethnic groups don't kidnap kids, that statement is ridiculous and easily debunked.

The only thing I think might of happen that the M's would deny is Maddie let herself out and was taken. I understand the denial, as wrong as it would be to lie, they had two other babies. If they did lie, I don't think it's right by any means, but I get it. I do think they should be prosecuted for it.

But in my heart of hearts I truly believe they are innocent. Especially after reading eye witness reports.

We can say what we would or wouldn't do, how we would act, but trust me you just don't know. I lost a friend to murder, she was missing for several days and found in a cornfield. Her perps were caught. You cannot gauge peoples reaction, we all react differently to crisis. There isn't a right or wrong way.

Regarding Gerrys comment using the F word, sounds like something my husband would say, only he wouldn't have been as nice. That's how he handles things. My dad on the other hand has never uttered the F word as far as I know and would never react like that.
That doesn't make my husband a more probable suspect, it's just how some people roll.

Rip Melissa Koontz. You are missed every single day.

I have and will provide links, for everything in my post. I also know enough that when people provide legit links I include them in my line of thougt. I don't dismiss or deny they ever existed.

Smith admits it was not Gerry, investigator say it wasn't Gerry, witness and employees say it wasn't Gerry. This is the only place that still claims it might be Gerry. Again why would Gerry find a witness against himself? Why fuel the fires with rumors it's you, which could take away from the investigation? It's the parents, why bother attitude that probably ended up costing Maddie her life. Moo

SY nor Portugal are investigating the M's. Regarding the coloring book, you're right I haven't been on this case as long as some, Ive followed from a distance. I assumed the parents were cleared after the inconclusive DNA debacle. I do read the links and educate myself, I also won't deny the facts, and say silly things like certain ethnic groups don't kidnap kids, that statement is ridiculous and easily debunked.

The only thing I think might of happen that the M's would deny is Maddie let herself out and was taken. I understand the denial, as wrong as it would be to lie, they had two other babies. If they did lie, I don't think it's right by any means, but I get it. I do think they should be prosecuted for it.

But in my heart of hearts I truly believe they are innocent. Especially after reading eye witness reports.

We can say what we would or wouldn't do, how we would act, but trust me you just don't know. I lost a friend to murder, she was missing for several days and found in a cornfield. Her perps were caught. You cannot gauge peoples reaction, we all react differently to crisis. There isn't a right or wrong way.

Regarding Gerrys comment using the F word, sounds like something my husband would say, only he wouldn't have been as nice. That's how he handles things. My dad on the other hand has never uttered the F word as far as I know and would never react like that.
That doesn't make my husband a more probable suspect, it's just how some people roll.

Rip Melissa Koontz. You are missed every single day.

Every eyewitness account I've read speaks of how strange their behaviour was that night so I'd appreciate a link to the ones you speak of.

For example, both GNR officers mentioned witnessing a bizarre praying type behaviour where they threw themselves down like Arabs at Mecca.

The social worker who offered her help also made note of the McCann's unusual behaviour - they didn't seem to want help, strange indeed when there's a language barrier.

Sitting down and creating a timeline while you should be out searching is also bizarre as is insisting "they've taken her" while there is zero evidence of "them". Most parents would be searching and praying their baby had just wandered off somehow.

Kate and Gerry did not search for Madeleine, nor did they call her name.

:sick:

:floorlaugh:
I thought they were there to interview 3 burglars, issue search warrants and make arrests. Shame on me :slap:

No not same on you,shame on the lying press

Unless of course you were being tongue in cheek, lol

As for "they've taken her" comment attributed to Kate Mccan, she did say this according to one of their friends too in his statement, who is they? Unless she just meant someones taken her as in the singular...I don't speak Liverpudlian so don't know if it's important! But similar to Kate McCann saying in a tv interview" you don't expect someone to take your child out of YOUR bed"

her bed?
or their bed?

There's finally some breaking news.

There has been a third Letter of Request sent - last Friday it seems.

Police confirm they have requested no interviews or arrests.

Lets take a minute for that to sink in.

Apart from the LACK of arrests, there has been NO INTERVIEWS in Portugal by the UK police.

None, or even any request for any.

Kind of blows the 3 burglars, Management, Gypsies, Euclides and the Cot Hoverer out of the water, no?

Scotland Yard stressed that the document, sent on Friday, was a routine part of their inquiry but would not reveal what the letter said.

The communications are used to ask the Portuguese police to carry out certain pieces of work on the British force's behalf.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said that so far no requests to carry out interviews or arrests had been made.

He said: "We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the CPS on Friday.

"This is part of an ongoing process.

"The way this investigation is working at the moment is we are using that process, letters of request, and they are now going to be going out routinely."

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood has travelled to Portugal again this week for a routine meeting with investigators there.

Mr Hewitt added: "Clearly the investigative tempo is moving forward as we're progressing the investigation and the work that we're asking the Portuguese to undertake for us.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...-request-to-portuguese-authorities.1392306410

BBM - as I thought when the second letter came out, there is already a process underway.

That is, a case.

The investigation is nearing the end. SY are not rushing to arrest various pedophiles or burglars, or even interview them. Why not?

BECAUSE THE CASE IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING FINALISED.

The case against someone who clearly does not live anywhere but England.

The SY are not focused on any perps in Portugal. SY are not sending the letters, the CPS are, ie, The Crown Prosecution Service.

As i said earlier they only get involved when a case is completed by LE and ready for the next phase, being prosecution.

The fact no interviews have been requested by SY indicates there is no further investigation to be done in Portugal. Just assistance for the CPS procedure.

Watch this space...its getting very very interesting.

:cow:

Ugh the lol's in this case is disheartening, seriously. Think for one second what if they are innocent? If they are guilty does Maddie deserve her case to be laughed at because you don't agree with LE findings? It's not a joke and it's not lol funny in any way, shape or form. I gotta take a break, losing faith in humanity:(

Btw it was not a coloring book it was a sticker book, and the timeline was drawn in front of police, why is that scandalous?

Now your drawing your own conclusion and stating it as a fact.

Is SY a bunch of incompetent idiots who think M's are innocent, or are they secretly about to arrest them, even though they are no longer under investigation? Which is it????

Or is it as you claimed earlier? Portugal are looking at different suspects than SY?

Ugh the lol's in this case is disheartening, seriously. Think for one second what if they are innocent? If they are guilty does Maddie deserve her case to be laughed at because you don't agree with LE findings? It's not a joke and it's not lol funny in any way, shape or form. I gotta take a break, losing faith in humanity:(

Btw it was not a coloring book it was a sticker book, and the timeline was drawn in front of police, why is that scandalous?

Nothing about Madeleine's disappearance is "funny".

What is funny are the ridiculous "leaks" given to the press by Team McCann and the disappointing fact that most folks still believe every word they read.

Common sense has vacated this case.

It doesnt matter anyway SY know exactly what theyre doing. We will all have answers soon.

There's finally some breaking news.

There has been a third Letter of Request sent - last Friday it seems.

Police confirm they have requested no interviews or arrests.

Lets take a minute for that to sink in.

Apart from the LACK of arrests, there has been NO INTERVIEWS in Portugal by the UK police.

None, or even any request for any.

Kind of blows the 3 burglars, Management, Gypsies, Euclides and the Cot Hoverer out of the water, no?

Scotland Yard stressed that the document, sent on Friday, was a routine part of their inquiry but would not reveal what the letter said.

The communications are used to ask the Portuguese police to carry out certain pieces of work on the British force's behalf.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said that so far no requests to carry out interviews or arrests had been made.

He said: "We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the CPS on Friday.

"This is part of an ongoing process.

"The way this investigation is working at the moment is we are using that process, letters of request, and they are now going to be going out routinely."

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood has travelled to Portugal again this week for a routine meeting with investigators there.

Mr Hewitt added: "Clearly the investigative tempo is moving forward as we're progressing the investigation and the work that we're asking the Portuguese to undertake for us.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...-request-to-portuguese-authorities.1392306410

BBM - as I thought when the second letter came out, there is already a process underway.

That is, a case.

The investigation is nearing the end. SY are not rushing to arrest various pedophiles or burglars, or even interview them. Why not?

BECAUSE THE CASE IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING FINALISED.

The case against someone who clearly does not live anywhere but England.

The SY are not focused on any perps in Portugal. SY are not sending the letters, the CPS are, ie, The Crown Prosecution Service.

As i said earlier they only get involved when a case is completed by LE and ready for the next phase, being prosecution.

The fact no interviews have been requested by SY indicates there is no further investigation to be done in Portugal. Just assistance for the CPS procedure.

Watch this space...its getting very very interesting.

:cow:

must say it does so, way you've put it, hmmmm

Now your drawing your own conclusion and stating it as a fact.

Is SY a bunch of incompetent idiots who think M's are innocent, or are they secretly about to arrest them, even though they are no longer under investigation? Which is it????

:tantrum:

don't be so silly, no one is laughing at the disappearance of a child,( its very disingenuous to even suggest it) but some of the GUNK surrounding it, and yes, you have it laugh at it as its atrocious insulting to intelligence and desperate! Have a nice break!

Anyway

Proof from the horses mouth that the media have been talking nonsense for weeks on end about imminent arrests

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crim...y-moving-forwards-say-detectives-9126239.html

British prosecutors have sent a third international letter of request to Portuguese authorities on behalf of detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

(snip)

He said: "We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the CPS on Friday........... they are now going to be going out routinely."

don't be so silly, no one is laughing at the disappearance of a child,( its very disingenuous to even suggest it) but some of the GUNK surrounding it, and yes, you have it laugh at it as its atrocious insulting to intelligence and desperate! Have a nice break!

It happened on Jonbenets thread too.

I don't know why our beliefs make us vile disgusting people unworthy of sharing the air but there you go.

Borrowing offence is a well recognised defence tactic. The only ones who are entitled to be offended here are Madeleine, and those who have been chucked under the bus over the years as "suspects".

and all...

oh and btw Junebug99, yes I have thought for a minute they might be innocent. What an insult to my intelligence, of course the parents disappearing her and covering it up is something that beggars belief from normal people.

You have your instinct, i have mine, and I made a living off my gut reactions for many years so I'll stick with it thanks.

Just wanting them to be innocent doesnt translate into them actually being innocent. I also followed the evidence, which is ugly, getting uglier, and leads one direction only.

Unfortunately. I would love to imagine Madeleine with a tambourine on a street corner somewhere but its just not reality.

Why was the libel case postponed so many times before?

I'm from the good ole USA, proud wife of an Iraqi Veteran infantryman, now police detective. You have no idea what I do for a living, or how I draw my conclusions. It's funny how everybody is wrong, the press, SY, Portugal, eyewitnesses everyone but a proven liar out to make a buck.

But wait, SY are secretly waiting to arrest the McCann's, now with help of Portugal who claim to be investigating different leads, telling the world the M's are not part of the investigation is a ruse, to fool everyone but the people on this board who are in the know.

I find it confusing that for years SY has been raked over the coals on this board for their belief in the M's innocence. Now they are secretly moving forward to arrest the M's? Called incompetent, closed minded free masons helping out a fellow free mason. My family come from a long line of free masons, I find that particular theory mind boggling.

Are you claiming to have inside information? Are you verified by chance? No snark honest question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75