British detectives fly to Portugal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened on Jonbenets thread too.

I don't know why our beliefs make us vile disgusting people unworthy of sharing the air but there you go.

Borrowing offence is a well recognised defence tactic. The only ones who are entitled to be offended here are Madeleine, and those who have been chucked under the bus over the years as "suspects".

:moo:

and all...

oh and btw Junebug99, yes I have thought for a minute they might be innocent. What an insult to my intelligence, of course the parents disappearing her and covering it up is something that beggars belief from normal people.

You have your instinct, i have mine, and I made a living off my gut reactions for many years so I'll stick with it thanks.

Just wanting them to be innocent doesnt translate into them actually being innocent. I also followed the evidence, which is ugly, getting uglier, and leads one direction only.

Unfortunately. I would love to imagine Madeleine with a tambourine on a street corner somewhere but its just not reality.

I haven't posted in Madeleine's threads before, but I've read so many of them that I'm starting to feel like I have to comment. I went into Madeleine's forum (after reading about the case elsewhere since it happened) honestly thinking that the people who think kate and gerry are responsible were being ridiculous (though never vile, afaik everyone on here wants madeleine to be found, regardless of how/who is responsible. I don't find that to be vile) but over the last few days I've looked further into the case and at this point, as much as (for whatever reason) I never wanted to suspect the parents, I can't help but do so. I would like to think that no parents would ever allow harm to come to a child and then cover it up, but there is just too much in this case that doesn't add up. I've read Kate and Gerry's diary/blog entries and as much as I can appreciate the stiff british upper lip (I myself am not particularly emotional, unless something happens to break that barrier down) there is something off.

I honestly went into this believing whole-heartedly that the parents were completely innocent, but the more I read the more things jump out at me that make me feel like no matter what, there is something off. I can't imagine leaving my three tiny children alone for more than two minutes, let alone a large amount of time, and if my child was taken while I had left them alone to have dinner and drinks with my friends I literally cannot imagine the guilt I would feel. Every public (and private) word out of my mouth would be an apology, to my child, the public, the world and whatever religious entity you can imagine, I can't think of anything that would lead me to justify my actions.

I don't think my personal opinion is relevant, but I've seen people from both sides jumping on each other and I just wanted to make the point that I don't think any of us are "vile", everyone wants to find Madeline. To some, it is very clear that something about kate and gerry is not right, and hasn't been right since their holiday started. To others, it is very clear that the parents are innocent. We do not know the answer. God willing we will know the answer at some point, because Madeleine deserves the truth (no matter what that is) but I hope that everyone can remember that even if someone has a different opinion that doesn't make them bad people, or mean that they somehow want to bring madeleine home less than someone else.

The reality is, there is little evidence to suggest an intruder/abductor, and there is little physical evidence to implicate kate and gerry. There is little evidence period. There are many questions that have yet to be answered, and this means that there are not as many facts to work with. Without hard and fast facts almost every post here is going to revolve around opinion. We're not all going to have the same opinion, but that is okay. We all want the same thing, everyone posting here wants to bring Madeleine home and wants to see whoever is responsible for her disappearance brought to justice. Just because you don't agree with a theory or suspicion doesn't mean that the person you're responding to doesn't care or is a cold person. This is a polarizing case, people are going to have different opinions.

I did a quick search of andy Redmond, not to long ago SS , CB, NT were raking Redmond and Sy over the coals. You had nothing positive to say about them or their investigation, and now your saying WHAT? They are closing in on the M's unbeknownst to everyone but you? So is SY brilliant crime solvers working with Potugal about to pounce on the M's? Or are they a bunch of incompenant *******s who couldn't solve a case if they tried, a bunch of M supporting idiots? You literally change your stories to fit your theory. Do you not see this?

I have asked question after question, provided links. Most ignored or denied w/o backup. Please answer the above question. Because IMO, it's very eye opening.

I haven't posted in Madeleine's threads before, but I've read so many of them that I'm starting to feel like I have to comment. I went into Madeleine's forum (after reading about the case elsewhere since it happened) honestly thinking that the people who think kate and gerry are responsible were being ridiculous (though never vile, afaik everyone on here wants madeleine to be found, regardless of how/who is responsible. I don't find that to be vile) but over the last few days I've looked further into the case and at this point, as much as (for whatever reason) I never wanted to suspect the parents, I can't help but do so. I would like to think that no parents would ever allow harm to come to a child and then cover it up, but there is just too much in this case that doesn't add up. I've read Kate and Gerry's diary/blog entries and as much as I can appreciate the stiff british upper lip (I myself am not particularly emotional, unless something happens to break that barrier down) there is something off.

I honestly went into this believing whole-heartedly that the parents were completely innocent, but the more I read the more things jump out at me that make me feel like no matter what, there is something off. I can't imagine leaving my three tiny children alone for more than two minutes, let alone a large amount of time, and if my child was taken while I had left them alone to have dinner and drinks with my friends I literally cannot imagine the guilt I would feel. Every public (and private) word out of my mouth would be an apology, to my child, the public, the world and whatever religious entity you can imagine, I can't think of anything that would lead me to justify my actions.

I don't think my personal opinion is relevant, but I've seen people from both sides jumping on each other and I just wanted to make the point that I don't think any of us are "vile", everyone wants to find Madeline. To some, it is very clear that something about kate and gerry is not right, and hasn't been right since their holiday started. To others, it is very clear that the parents are innocent. We do not know the answer. God willing we will know the answer at some point, because Madeleine deserves the truth (no matter what that is) but I hope that everyone can remember that even if someone has a different opinion that doesn't make them bad people, or mean that they somehow want to bring madeleine home less than someone else.

The reality is, there is little evidence to suggest an intruder/abductor, and there is little physical evidence to implicate kate and gerry. There is little evidence period. There are many questions that have yet to be answered, and this means that there are not as many facts to work with. Without hard and fast facts almost every post here is going to revolve around opinion. We're not all going to have the same opinion, but that is okay. We all want the same thing, everyone posting here wants to bring Madeleine home and wants to see whoever is responsible for her disappearance brought to justice. Just because you don't agree with a theory or suspicion doesn't mean that the person you're responding to doesn't care or is a cold person. This is a polarizing case, people are going to have different opinions.

:goodpost:

And a big :thanks: for taking time to read up on the case before posting.

I agree, the McCann behaviour is inexplicable to me as a parent too.

http://news.sky.com/story/1159161/madeleine-mccann-portugal-cops-reopen-case

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the Scotland Yard team, Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley*and Mr and Mrs McCann met officers in Lisbon last week to be briefed on the Portuguese case.

Briefing the suspect? Seriously?

It's nothing new. They've been briefed & has access to everything from practically the onset, when they were named POI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That article is dated Oct 13 and contains no quotes.

We know as of today, there have been no witnesses interviewed nor arrested, or even a request to begin the process.

So what exactly can they have informed the McCann's of in a meeting 5 months ago?

The only developments in October (thaf we know of) were Tannerman being discredited and the suppressed e-fit being now considered The One.

I wonder if they mentioned the resemblance to Gerry. It would have been an awkward moment I imagine.

:moo:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...Police-close-in-on-three-suspects-in-Portugal

It looks like it's the same 3 suspects, letters are cutting through the red tape to get to these guys.

From your link

"“Nobody has been arrested. We have not asked for anyone to be arrested. So far no one has been interviewed as a witness. But we are progressing with the investigation and the work we are asking the Portuguese to undertake.

“We are still at the point of gathering evidence. Andy Redwood is over there again. There is a senior officer in the Portuguese police who is working with us. Andy goes regularly to meet him to ensure the work is undertaken the way we want. Investigative activity is increasing.’’

Looks like a whole lotta nothing to me. IMO

They are stepping up pressure on their Portuguese counterparts to help gather evidence against the gang.

Detective Chief Insp ector Andy Redwood, who is leading the UK hunt for Madeleine, was in Portugal last night discussing the next move with senior local officers.

So far the process has been caught up in red tape, causing frustrating delays. It was revealed yesterday that Scotland Yard have sent a third letter to Portugal asking police there to make further inquiries.

None of the three suspects has been arrested or even faced questioning yet. Yard officers spent months investigating mobile phone data which places them close to the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz where three-year-old Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

But every time they want to follow up a new lead they have to ask the Crown Prosecution Service to write to their Portuguese counterparts, who then forward the request to local police.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt revealed yesterday that the “tempo” of the Yard investigation was increasing. And he said further letters requesting more inquiries would now be fired off to Portugal “routinely” as the investigation gathers pace.

“We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the Crown Prosecution Service on Friday,” he said. “There have been three letters so far. This is the process we are working with.

The article is 3 hours old. Cue the denials. It's the 3 original suspects, not the Mccanns they are going after.

It's amazing how quoting more than a few paragraphs can turn a whole lotta nothing into a whole lotta something.

Show me one piece of evidence that it's the M's they are after. Anywhere.

sniped.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt revealed yesterday that the “tempo” of the Yard investigation was increasing. And he said further letters requesting more inquiries would now be fired off to Portugal “routinely” as the investigation gathers pace.

“We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the Crown Prosecution Service on Friday,” he said. “There have been three letters so far. This is the process we are working with.

The article is 3 hours old. Cue the denials. It's the 3 original suspects, not the Mccanns they are going after.

It's amazing how quoting more than a few paragraphs can turn a whole lotta nothing into a whole lotta something.

Show me one piece of evidence that it's the M's they are after. Anywhere.

There are copyright laws and reasons we don't quote but two paragraphs.

Junebug99 you are aware that claims have been made there are 30+ persons of interest that SY wants to speak with?
And a shout out to anyone, tourists, locals that were in the area, regardless if they feel they saw anything or not, they'd like to speak with them.

IMO what's reported in that article is a whole lotta nothing. Rubbish. They simply want to interview them along with every other person in the area.

They want access to these mens bank accounts, phone records ect.....I don't think they are requesting that info for anyone else. They must have their reasons.

More news outlets seem to be reporting it. The same thing they've been reporting for the past months, 3 men are the suspects, getting what they need is taking time, lots of red tape.

Now if you show me anything saying the M's are the focus of this investigation, I will gladly take a look, but I'm starting to think this place is an alternate universe screwing with my mind. I've never witnessed such disregard for facts. Questions go unanswered. Ridiculous theories are treated as facts, facts are treated as theories. I wonder if this is an experiment to see how much BS it takes to make someone change their minds, regardless of the evidence, just keep repeating the lies, they will eventually believe them.

More news outlets seem to be reporting it. The same thing they've been reporting for the past months, 3 men are the suspects, getting what they need is taking time, lots of red tape.

Now if you show me anything saying the M's are the focus of this investigation, I will gladly take a look, but I'm starting to think this place is an alternate universe screwing with my mind. I've never witnessed such disregard for facts. Questions go unanswered. Ridiculous theories are treated as facts, facts are treated as theories. I wonder if this is an experiment to see how much BS it takes to make someone change their minds, regardless of the evidence, just keep repeating the lies, they will eventually believe them.

McCanns are not regarded as suspects. DCI Andy Redwood said on crime watch that they started from zero, to me that means that they did look at a possibility of the parents being involved. This is usually the first step in any enquiry. It is obvious that SY have done this step and decided the parents were not involved and now they are stepping further into looking at other possibilities.

I am not sure why some people cannot accept it.. if anyone has done the deep analysis, I believe the Scotland Yard have done it. They should be supported in their every step.

The people like to speculate but these speculations are unfunded, everyone interested in this case should read the case files and accept the official findings. There are lot of the internet myths in this case, which are simply not true but seem to be circulating around.

McCanns are not regarded as suspects. DCI Andy Redwood said on crime watch that they started from zero, to me that means that they did look at a possibility of the parents being involved. This is usually the first step in any enquiry. It is obvious that SY have done this step and decided the parents were not involved and now they are stepping further into looking at other possibilities.

I am not sure why some people cannot accept it.. if anyone has done the deep analysis, I believe the Scotland Yard have done it. They should be supported in their every step.

The people like to speculate but these speculations are unfunded, everyone interested in this case should read the case files and accept the official findings. There are lot of the internet myths in this case, which are simply not true but seem to be circulating around.

IMO an "official finding" = finding Madeline AND getting a conviction.

Seems to me of they started at zero they are still in the investigative mode and considering ALL possibilities. Since they have yet to interview any one of the three, to claim an arrest is soon coming, is complete and utter nonsense. IMO the reporting on this case is for one reason only...to sell.

It's possible they're survailing the interesting folks after these "news" stories...but I honestly don't believe that's what's going on.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members