Britney Spears New Song Title Too Nasty For Radio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah there are other artist who are just as puerile.
I guess the main thing that gives me pause about Britney(and I hate to cede to geezerhood by worrying about music's effect on young people...especially since Im a former punk rock guitarist..) but she's spent the better part of a decade prosethelizing(sp?) that mindless rapacious sexuality,bottle service at the Club and Cut Abs = Female Empowerment.
To the exclusion of anything else.
This has pretty much been her platform from which her music speaks.
Well, we know Casey Anthony was obviously listening.
Living that ideology has led to public humiliation,the near loss of her abilty to make a living, substance abuse problems, problems with the law,the loss of her children and near house arrest and loss of control of her career to her parents.
Not to mention involuntary commitment to a mental institution.
She's been to hell and back and what insight has she gained ?
What has she learned that she wants to share with the kids who hang on her albums?
"All the boys and girls want to me".
Inspiring.Truly.

Could not have said it better. Having a social conscience does not make us GEEZERS!!! I don't even have kids and I'm on a rampage about it.

I guess no one paid much attention to the lyrics to "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper either...

I think parents have the responsibility of monitoring what their children listen to. I allowed my son to buy an Adam Sandler Comedy CD when he was about twelve. After I listened to it I took it away from him. Same thing with my daughter. If she listened to something that I didn't approve of I let her know. Now that they're 22 and 18 I have no control over what they listen to but hopefully they've gotten enough information from me that they know what's appropriate behavior and what isn't. Personally I don't think that if BS had not been having serious mental and emotional issues she would have done any of those things (shaving her head, flashing her crotch, etc.). But it's not BS's repsonsibility to make sure that someone's prepubescent little girls listen to her music or see her on television and think that that's how they should behave.

As far as BS's talent. Yeah, she's a little lacking in the vocal dept. but she's an entertainer not really what you would call a singer.

2 live crew has some pretty naughty lyrics too. Can any other artist claim to have had their albums banned?
They took Bruce Springsteen's song "Born in the USA" and made the song "Banned in the USA." It's actually pretty good and clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU7XsoQXSW8

The group released their album As Nasty As They Wanna Be in 1989, which also became the group's most successful album, largely because of the single "Me So Horny", which was popular in spite of little radio rotation, thanks, in part, to prevalent play on MTV. The song was based on a quote from a Vietnamese prostitute in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket and took a sample from Mass Production's Firecracker. This album was also produced by Mr. Mixx.
The American Family Association did not think the presence of a "Parental Advisory" sticker was enough to adequately warn listeners of what was inside the case. Jack Thompson, a lawyer affiliated with the AFA, met with Florida Governor Bob Martinez and convinced him to look into the album to see if it met the legal classification of obscene. In 1990 action was taken at the local level and Nick Navarro, Broward County sheriff received a ruling from judge Mel Grossman that probable cause for obscenity violations existed.[2]
Navarro warned record store owners that selling the album may be prosecutable. 2 Live Crew then filed a suit against Navarro. That June, judge Jose Gonzalez ruled against the album, declaring it obscene and illegal to sell. Charles Freeman, a local retailer, was arrested two days later, after selling a copy to an undercover police officer. This was followed by the arrest of three members of 2 Live Crew after they performed some material from the album at a live performance. They were acquitted soon after. In 1992, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit overturned the obscenity ruling from Jose Gonzales, and the Supreme Court of the United States refused to hear Broward County's appeal. A notable feature of the case was the distinguished literary critic and now Harvard University professor, Henry Louis Gates, Jr. as an expert witness on behalf of the defendants. He argued that the material that the county alleged was profane, actually had important roots in African-American vernacular, games, and literary traditions and should be protected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Live_Crew

Give me a group whose members actually play an instrument and write songs, or a singer who can write about their experiences and create amazing songs.

(Snipped by me.)

What she said!! :thumb:

I guess no one paid much attention to the lyrics to "She Bop" by Cyndi Lauper either...

Forgot about that one and Paul McCartney's song Hi, Hi, Hi was played in America but banned from British radio for awhile.

I think parents have the responsibility of monitoring what their children listen to. I allowed my son to buy an Adam Sandler Comedy CD when he was about twelve. After I listened to it I took it away from him. Same thing with my daughter. If she listened to something that I didn't approve of I let her know. Now that they're 22 and 18 I have no control over what they listen to but hopefully they've gotten enough information from me that they know what's appropriate behavior and what isn't. Personally I don't think that if BS had not been having serious mental and emotional issues she would have done any of those things (shaving her head, flashing her crotch, etc.). But it's not BS's repsonsibility to make sure that someone's prepubescent little girls listen to her music or see her on television and think that that's how they should behave.

As far as BS's talent. Yeah, she's a little lacking in the vocal dept. but she's an entertainer not really what you would call a singer.

Parents are the biggest influence on their kids whether we like to admit it or not. I remember the first time I said something that sounded like it had come from my dad's mouth. Kinda blew my mind!

Also, if anyone doesn't know why BS shaved her head, it's because the court had ordered a hair follicle drug test for her custody case. No hair, no test.

White Rain, who had the baby and Congratulations!! :baby:

Here's the song and I don't hear it at all. It sounds like "If you seek Amy" to me. I guess dirty minds can hear that but it's not even close to me.

Hum, I've heard this song many times and it sounds like "if you seek amy" to me, too.. I don't understand where the f..k me comes in:waitasec: AND I have a dirty mind... lol.. well, sort of, only 1/2 my brain the other half is trying to clean the dirty one up.. :waitasec:

Hum, I've heard this song many times and it sounds like "if you seek amy" to me, too.. I don't understand where the f..k me comes in:waitasec: AND I have a dirty mind... lol.. well, sort of, only 1/2 my brain the other half is trying to clean the dirty one up.. :waitasec:

My noggin made me give up on trying that. There was no fun too it. :bang:

I didn't realize that was why BS shaved her head. Geez, she could have picked a more private place. Sometimes when people are suffering from mental illness they try to self-medicate with illegal substances. Possibly that's what was going on. I don't know.

Mine, all mine.

:woohoo:

You're probably getting to the point of just wanting to have it born because you're sick of being pregnant I'm guessing.

:toastred: Here's to a happy healthy little guy. :toastred:

The difference between Britney and some of the other artists listed is that I can respect the other artists. She's an unpleasant person and was a bad mom before her meltdown. She willingly gave up custody of her children and made a newfound commitment to her music, but not really to them.

There are a lot of artists I can be objective about, but she's not one of them.

:woohoo:

You're probably getting to the point of just wanting to have it born because you're sick of being pregnant I'm guessing.

:toastred: Here's to a happy healthy little guy. :toastred:

Actually I am one of those women who enjoy being pregnant. I don't really get tired of being pregnant until the last month when the hurts and achiness are a 24-7 thing.

Actually I am one of those women who enjoy being pregnant. I don't really get tired of being pregnant until the last month when the hurts and achiness are a 24-7 thing.

Good, how many kids do you have?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay